Elcon Electric Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since March 2006

Elcon Electric of South Florida has been providing homeowners & businesses alike with expert electrical services for over 25 Years. We've built a company of highly experienced, certified electricians to serve your electrical needs. There's plenty of competition throughout South Florida, but we make it our policy to treat our customers the way we would want to be treated. That has gained us a great reputation. We'll provide you with quality work at honest prices....

Technician

electrician (371)lighting (74)ceiling fan installation (64)landscape lighting (12)home remodeling (8)HVAC Companies (6)water heaters (2)garage doors (2)

04/04/2021

Roman B.

The work was done by Matt. He did the install efficiently and well. The company called when he was on the way and he showed up on time. I recommend Elcon would hire them again.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation

Work Completed On 03/22/2021

Good Afternoon, Thank you for taking the time to place your review on the work completed by Matt. I am glad that he was able to take care of the electrical work that was requested. Matt is a true asset to our company. Please share Elcon Electric with your family and friends and we look forward to partnering with you in the future. Stay safe and have a great day!! Laurie P******, Service Manager

02/28/2021

Bonnie W.

The job was painless ! It took a full day for all the jobs we had lined up. The whole process was perfect. Matt was respectful, explained all options , communicated clearly, and cleaned up after each job. Superb experience !!

Description of Work
Ceiling fans replaced , high hats retrofitted, led lights installed

Category lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

Good Afternoon Thank you for taking the time to place your review on the work completed by Matt. I am glad that he was able to take care of the electrical work in a timely fashion. Please share Elcon Electric with your family and friends and we look forward to partnering with you in the future. Stay safe and have a great day!! Laurie P******, Service Manager

01/21/2021

David B.

Great! RANDY is the best! very helpful and informative.

Description of Work
main breaker GFCI outlet

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

Good Afternoon, Thank you so much for taking the time to place the review on the electrical work we preformed. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations. Please keep us on mind for any future work and share Elcon Electric with your family and friends!! Thank you and stay safe!! Laurie P******

01/19/2021

Brad P.

Very fair pricing and fast results!!

Description of Work
Electrical outlets

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

Good afternoon, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to place this review on the work that Christian preformed for you. We appreciate the opportunity to do your electrical repairs. Please share Elcon Electric with you family and friends. Have a great day and stay safe!! Laurie P******

11/05/2020

cynthia D.

Tech was polite, clean, professional and punctual

Description of Work
Move and fix Plugs smoke and fire alarms

Category electrician, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

08/11/2020

mario O.

Had to ask for someone to come afte rhours because they were fully booked which turned out pricey but the job got done professionally and quickly.

Description of Work
Have a circuit breaker

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

Good Morning Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to place your review on the service that was preformed. I am glad that we were able to get your hot water heater up and running for you. We appreciate the opportunity and keep Elcon Electric in mind for any future projects you may have. Have a great day and be safe!!! Laurie P******, Service Manager

04/27/2020

Wesley D.

It went extremely well, Christian did an excellent job, I was very impressed with his work ethic and his knowledge about electrical wiring. I will use them for any electrical projects I have in the future.

Description of Work
Service change moved meter from inside to outside and moved breaker panel from kitchen to outside.

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to place your review on the work that was preformed at your residence. I am glad to hear that our technicians were able to take care of the installation up to your expectations. Please share Elcon Electric with your family and friends and look forward to partnering with you in the future. Have a great day and be safe!!!, Laurie P******, Service Manager

03/17/2020

David R.

a wire had come loose in the wall and they reconnected it. I was charged for an hour minimum, even though it took much less time. I was aware of the minimum, so no reason to complain. They actually came earlier than the scheduled arrival time. I would use them again.

Description of Work
check out a light switch that wasn't working

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

Good Morning, Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to place this review. I am glad to hear the technician was able to complete you electrical issue you were having. Thank you for understanding the minimum call charge. Please share Elcon Electric with your family and friends and look forward to partnering with you in the future. Have a wonderful day!! Laurie P.

03/09/2020

Ciprian G.

Responded promptly and professionally. But I used a different company to perform service (at half the price, including installation of lights; which was not included in this company quote). Apparently, there are many companies (including this one) that would like to charge high fees for simple work. They should take note, and pay attention to the competition.

Description of Work
Ceiling boxes installation + lights, in several locations

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

Review for Elcon Electric Inc - 668 S Military Trl, Deerfield Beach, FL - 38434062

Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to place your review. I did look over the work order requested to view pricing. as well as spoke to the representative that visited your residence. We take every opportunity as a learning experience and work to make changes when needed. I am glad that you were able to get the installation completed up to your standards. Thank you, Laurie P******

02/16/2020

Michael S.

Everything went well. Elcon Electric was very efficient in calling me back to schedule the appointment for the next day. The Electrician arrived on time, was knowledgeable and completed the work within 1 hr. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Repair of wiring for ceiling fan and installation of ceiling fan

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

Good Morning Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to place your review. I see that Jason R. was the technician, I am happy to see that your electrical issues were resolved. Please share Elcon with your friends and family. Have a wonderful day!! Laurie P******, Service Manager

01/04/2020

Peter O.

Some personal items came up for the electrician and we had to reschedule the first appointment. On the reschedule date an accident happened causing the installer too not be able to work due to his injury so working with Alley and Stephanie we we were able to get another electrician to perform the install of the outlet. They will work with you, reasonably priced and have a professional staff. I've hired them twice and would hire again.

Description of Work
Dedicated Microwave circuit/breaker/ outlet installed

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to place your review on the work preformed at your residence. I do apologize for the delays that you experience and I am glad that we were able to resolve the electrical work for you. We do strive for 100% customer satisfaction. Thank you for your patience, we look forward to working with you in the future. Have a great day!! Laurie P******

12/27/2019

Ray J.

Never returned call or text very unprofessional

Description of Work
Never returned call or text

Category electrician

Good Morning, Thank you for your feedback. We strive for 100% satisfaction and I apologize your experience that you had. I wanted to research back but I was unable to retrieve your lead information. I also wanted to see what number you have texted to. We do not receive text messages through our main line. I would be glad to reach out to you if you could provide the best contact number. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Laurie P******

12/17/2019

Jorge V.

Great Job. I definitely will hire them again

Description of Work
Secure a box meter

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to place your review on the work preformed at your residence. I am glad that Darwin was able to resolve the electrical issues you were requesting. Please share Elcon Electric with your family and friends and we look forward to partnering with you in the future. Thank you, Laurie P******

12/14/2019

Kenneth N.

Dealing with Elcon Electric was truly a pleasure. First, the scheduling department had John come to our home at a time that was convenient to us. He arrived as promised and clearly ran through the estimate, permitting process and FPL's involvement. He went on to mention that it would likely be necessary to cutout a portion of the drywall that we would be responsible for replacing. Fortunately, the additional cutout was not required. Over the course of the next several weeks, the scheduling and permitting department kept us informed of the estimated installation date. Once confirmed, Roman, the electrician, arrived as scheduled, performed the installation flawlessly and left our home in perfect condition with a brand new electrical panel. Would definitely hire again and recommend to our friends and relatives.

Description of Work
Electrical panel replacement

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

Good morning, Thank you for taking the time to [Member Information Removed] your feedback on teh job that was preformed. I am glad to hear that the team took care of your needs. Please keep Elcon in mind for any future work and share Elcon with your family and friends. Have a wonderful holiday!! Laurie P******, Service Manager

08/10/2019

joe M.

This company was extremely professional, prompt in replying & getting a quote in less than 12 hours. If the price had not been so expensive, I would have used this company based on the professional service I received.

Description of Work
Needed an outlet to be changed out.

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

Good morning Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the feedback on the appointment you had scheduled with Elcon Electric. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to do because of pricing. Never hesitate to reach back out to us to discuss the pricing given. We certainly wish you well on your project and look forward to any future opportunities you may have, Have a wonderful day!!! Laurie P******, Service Manager

07/30/2019

Marilyn L.

Nicely done!! He removed and added a new fan, changed out a switch box and fixed a lighting switch. He cleaned up, and completed everything in a couple of hours!!

Description of Work
Elcon completed three small projects

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

Good Morning, Thank you for placing this review on the electrical work that was preformed at your residence. I am glad that our technician was able to take care of the installation up to your satisfaction. Please share Elcon Electric with your family and friends. Keep Elcon in mind for any upcoming projects you may have. Have a wonderful day!! Laurie P******, Service Manager

06/27/2019

James M. N.

Elcon was hired to install a new ceiling fan. It turned out that the electrical box in the ceiling was not right for a fan. It was replaced and the new fan installed. The work was expert and the area cleaned up after the installation. We were shown how to operate the remote control. The Elcon office is very efficient. The scheduling, confirmation and offer of an earlier time when there was a cancellation made it a pleasure to deal with this company. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Install New Ceiling Fan

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

Good Morning, It was our pleasure to take care of your installation. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the installation as well as the office staff. Please share Elcon Electric with your family and friends. We look forward to working with you in the future. Have a wonderful day!! Laurie P******, Service Manager

06/04/2019

Susan B.

It went really well. Shawn arrived right on time and solved several electric problems quickly and efficiently. He explained that our electric panel is outdated and may need replacing if we sell the house. He was able to reset one of my breakers which was tripped, and I had not been able to reset it myself. That solved a wall of outlets and an outdoor light now works!

Description of Work
Light switch and outside outlet needed replacing, a breaker was tripped that I couldn’t reset too

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to place the review on the work preformed at your residence. We look forward to partnering with you for any electrical issues you may encounter in the future. Thank you!

03/01/2019

John F.

Our experience was exceptional. My phone call was immediately answered by Elcon’s office staff and the job scheduled in two days. The electrician arrived on time. He was professional, personable, and technically competent. He was an incredible problem-solver. He encountered numerous mistakes in wiring done by a company hired by the previous owner of the house, and was able to fix them, and did so in a creative way that minimized our costs. I highly recommend Elcon.

Description of Work
We need a faulty wall switch that controlled the kitchen lights replaced. We also needed a sunlight sensor system, which controlled several external lights, deactivated and control of those lights returned to an interior wall switch.

Category electrician

Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to place the review on the work preformed at your residence. I am glad that Kyle was able to resolve your electrical issues in a timely fashion. Please do share Elcon Electric with your family and friends. We look forward top partnering with you for any electrical issues you may encounter in the future. Thank you again, Laurie P******

02/07/2019

Dario A.

Sean did everything we needed. He was able to troubleshoot the wiring errors and now everything works as it should. He is a competent electrician, and also personable. He called about five minutes before appointment time to say running late because of traffic. Showed up at the exact time he said he would! Also, young lady from office called day before to remind me of appointment. Very impressed! Would definitely hire them again and recommend to others. The price was also fair for the work done.

Description of Work
Repaired several "mis-wired" switches.

Work Completed On 02/05/2019

Good Afternoon, Thank you for taking the time to placer your review on the work preformed at residence. I am glad that Shawn was able to address your electrical needs up to your satisfaction. We look forward to partnering with you in the future and please share Elcon Electric with your family and friends. Have a great day!!! Laurie P******, Service Manager

02/05/2019

michael J.

Totally blown away by the great customer service. I called on Friday to get an idea of what the costs might be and was told someone could be there first thing Monday morning. Then I received a reminder call later that same day. The technician arrived and was great at looking for options & explaining them, as there was no existing fan. Everything went great. He was even happy enough to give me ballpark estimates on some future work. I will definitely use this company's services again.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation

Work Completed On 02/04/2019

Good Afternoon, Thank you for taking the time to place your review on the work that was preformed at your residence. I am glad that Shawn was able to address your electrical needs up to your satisfaction. Please share Elcon with your family and friends. It was a pleasure working with you. Have a wonderful weekend!! Laurie P******, Service Manager

01/28/2019

Anthony J.

The concrete ceiling had no previous fixture. Part of the wall is concrete too the electrician tried 3 different ways to make the wires least noticeable. He was polite and dedicated.

Description of Work
Chandelier installed

Work Completed On 01/28/2019