oic TechSolutions

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2006

7900 Nova Dr Ste 104

Davie, FL 33324

OIC is South Florida’s premier Apple consultancy, specializing in managing, diagnosing, repairing, upgrading and training for everything Apple. With fast turn around time and our personalized service it is no surprise that we are highly recommended by business users everywhere. No other Apple certified consultant in South Florida has more reviews than OIC on Apple.com and we plan on keeping our rating at 5 out of 5 Stars and with an "A" here on Angie's List. Give us a call for a free technology review of your business....

04/08/2014

Sabine B.

It went very well. They were able to do everything for me within 24 hours. I was impressed by the speed considering all the work they did. They knew I needed the computer for work and started working on it immediately for me.

Description of Work
Installed a new hard drive in my MacBook pro, updated softwares, fixed cd/dvd drive, increased memory and speed.

06/17/2013

Alan F T.

As much as I love all the tech in my home, I'm certainly no techie. Nor do I drink the Kool Aid and slavishly run to the Apple store to pay for service - which is often served up with a dollop of disdain. Nor do we have a teenager to turn to, either in house or nearby. So when our printing program suddenly refused to print from our iPads, rather than turn to the techs we previously had used - who were more proficient in Windows than Apple - I went to Angie's list to find someone more attuned to the Apple world. oic Tech was A rated, listed as Apple specialists and close by. I called, Mike Strum answered and within a few hours was at our house. He was pleasant, knowledgable and quickly solved our problem. But using a good techie is like eating potato chips, it's hard to stop. My wife had a few questions, as did I and I ended up letting Mike take my computer to his shop so he could beef up the hardware and fine tune the system. He returned it before noon the next morning and my only complaint is that it's like having a new computer - taking away any excuse I might have for buying a new one.

Description of Work
Corrected a printing problem, added ram on my iMac, fine tuned and updated the system

06/10/2013

rick V.

Bottom Line: Mike at OIC Tech Solutions did what he said he would do; 'under promise and over deliver.' Mike is an expert at computers and network setup. I will call on him again to assist as my spouse transitions to working from home . I found OIC Tech Solutions via Angie's List based upon prior member ratings and proximity to my home. Spoke with Mike over the phone on Friday, 6/7. Explained my system setup and my main problem of not being able to communicate with the printer after I installed a new modem and router. We set an appointment for the next day. On Saturday, Mike arrived, and spent about one and one half hours assessing and fixing my network. Mind you, my internet connection failed just before Mike's arrival, so that delayed him. At the end, my network was working, and I was printing from all devices, not just the iMac. I did not have that capability before. Mike suggested a tune up and memory upgrade for my iMac. We agreed on a price. Mike took the hardware to his office and was ready to reinstall THAT SAME DAY. We agreed to delay installation until the internet connection was working. On Monday, 6/10. I called Mike to inform him of my internet availability. He was at my house within 2 hours. We set up the hardware, and confirmed all devices communicated via the network and every device communicated with the printer. I am a computer neophyte....I used the terms 'Wi-Fi," and 'Internet,' interchangeably. I didn't know my network SSID. I didn't know what, 'SSID,' stood for. Mike patiently defined terms and related how they were important to my network. I paid a good price, but felt I received tremendous value. Mike did as he promised, he 'under promised and over delivered.' I am pleased.

Description of Work
1) Set up home Wi-Fi connection from all devices (iMac, PC, iPhone & iPads) to print on network printer either wired or wirelessly. 2) Downloaded updated printer drivers to my spouse's Windows PC. 3) Updated Cannon printer drivers. 4) Upgraded iMac memory from 2GB to 8GB. 5) Installed portable backup drive 6) "Tuned Up" my iMac by clearing garbage files, updated to latest version of LION software, and installed Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, as well as Apple Numbers and Keynote software. 7) Installed software to facilitate wireless printing from all my devices.

Category computer repair, electronic repair

04/12/2012

Roberta H.

I was very impressed with Mike's knowledge and professionalism. He addressed all of my concerns and I'm sure I will hire him for all of my Apple computer needs in the future.

Description of Work
I needed help with some applications on my Apple MacBook Pro, including getting it to print on my Windows network and reformatting another computer. I also needed guidance regarding the choice to buy another PC desktop or to try an Apple desktop. The information Mike shared with me and his suggestions were fabulous! He presented options I didn't realize were possible that will ultimately enable me to have a system that works for me at for significantly less money that I thought I'd have to spend.

04/27/2011

PATRICIA D.

Excellent, knowledgable provider. Very helpful and willing to help me understand. Machine was restored. Updated desktop and laptop. Directed us to online backup service. Provided excellent service. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
MAC crash

02/26/2011

BEN THOR K.

He is very knowledgeable and professional. A little expensive but worth it.

Description of Work
Initially came out to troubleshoot an Apple homecomputer. Discovered that repairs would be just as costly as buying another computer. The tech spent a good amount of time with us and explained everything so we understood. He didn't try to sell us anything but we had bought several refurbished Apples from him in the past and did so again. All the computers weve gotten from him have given us excellent service.

11/29/2010

Janet T.

The technician came the week before as originally scheduled but discovered I had incorrect parts necessary for the job, he immediately worked with me and my cable company to reschedule the job I needed done, and was not only on time, but again worked directly with the cable company personnel to help get my networking up and running. The price was fair, the work was performed to my total satisfation and will gladly call this company again!

Description of Work
Install and connect 3 DVR's and network adapters in entire house.

09/01/2009

ELLEN S.

I thought they were overpriced for the work, however I knew in advance that the price was going to be one hundred dollars. He came out and did just what he said he was going to do. He was pleasant to have in my home and I was satisfied with the service.

Description of Work
OIC TechSolutions came out to service and repair my computer. They found a missing file and got my computer back up and running.

05/15/2009

Roberta K.

I was leaving the country for 2 weeks and planned to take my laptop with me. I was not able to download my photos as I had done in the past. I called this company and they came out within a couple of hours and were able to fix the problem on sight.

Description of Work
Told me how to download photos on my computer

09/21/2007

EDGAR L.

The owner, Mike is who came out. He came out right away with very little notice. He is a nice guy and did a good job.

Description of Work
They hooked up the router to three computers. They also linked all the computers to one printer. He troubleshot one of my older computers and was able to fix it.

07/08/2006

NAOMI G.

Mike is very thorough and professional and a pleasure to work with. He really tried very hard to save my computer, and when he wasn't able, gave me a really good deal on a replacement.

Description of Work
Mike came over and tried to get my dying computer up and running. The computer was too far gone, but he was able to retrieve my data. He also did repairs on my husband's computer, which is now working very well.

My Computer Works

Offers by My Computer Works on Angi
    GGT Electronics LLC

GGT Electronics has been providing businesses, churches, schools, and nonprofits throughout Miami and Fort Lauderdale with superior IT support and services since 2009. Unlike many small and medium-sized businesses we’ve survived and flourished during the tricky economic downturn and we believe that’s due to our dedication to delivering 100% satisfaction, our genuine care for our clients, and for our ability to use unique thinking to find solutions to your problems. Our technical support teams and technicians are all highly trained and have over 10 years of experience in the IT industry between them.

Mike's Computer Repair

Please call Mike at 480-580-9648. I opened Mike's Computer Repair (480-580-9648) in 1994 with the desire to provide honest, reliable and friendly computer services in Maricopa County and across the United States. I provide on-site computer repair at your home or office for any problems or upgrade issues you may be having. I am also able to use remote access software to control your computer and address problems without having to visit. Not sure what to do? Call 480-580-9648 and It will always be Mike that answers the phone! 480-580-9648

Electronic Gadget Repair
    Computer Training
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Business to business Mac only.

None