Central Vacuum Experts & Repair - Gator Vacuum

Founded 1989 • With Angi since July 2010

9853 W Sample Rd Coral Springs Fl

Coral Springs, FL 33065

Central Vacuums, Household Vacuums, Sewing Machines. Visit our Mega Showroom. In-Home Central Vacuum Repair, Sales & Installation. Gator Vacuum & Sewing Co., Family owned. "We come to you!" In business for over 25 years. Visit our Mega Showroom. The same owner/operator, Robert Buckwald. Originating in Brooklyn New York in the early 60’s, Gator Vacuum is a second generation family owned business. Gator Vacuum is one of the largest vacuum companies in South Florida specializing in all brands of household vacuums, sales, service, repair & parts (everything vacuums). We service all vacuum manufacturers such as: Miele, Dyson, Kenmore, Electrolux, Hoover, Kirby, Panasonic, Riccar, Simplicity, Eureka, Dirt Devil, Royal, Oreck, and all other manufacturers. We also specialize in expert sewing machine repair. All work is done on premise by professional technicians with over 50 years of experience. ***Ask About Our Senior Citizen Discount*** Gator Vacuum and Sewing co. is one of the largest Central Vacuum Repair and Central Vacuum Installation facilities servicing all of South Florida. We've sold and repaired central vacuum systems & services for over 5 decades & bring years of knowledge and experience to every repair or installation done in South, FL. If central vacuum repair or service is required, "We come to you". Gator Vacuum guarantees that every installation will be done right the first time! Don't worry; we take pride in our work. When our installer leaves your home or office it will be left as clean as when we arrived. Bottom line… "We complete every Install or Repair just the way we would want it done ourselves! Central Vacuum Repair & Service Locations: Boca Raton, Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Coral Springs, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Hollywood, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, Lauderhill, Lazy Lake, Lighthouse Point, Margate, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pembroke Park, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Sea Ranch Lakes, Southwest Ranches, Sunrise, Tamarac, West Park, Weston, Wilton Manors ***Mention AngiesList.com and receive a FREE Gift***...

06/11/2020

Helaine B.

Robert is knowledgeable and helpful. I have been a customer for 15+ years. It is great to have a local place where I can see and try the vacuum. Quality vacuums at a fair price. Having regular maintenance done keeps the vacuum running great for many many years. Quick turn around on maintenance service. Everyone at the store is pleasant and helpful.

Description of Work
vacuum purchase & maintenance

Category air duct cleaning

thank you very much, pleasure dealing with such nice people as yourselves

10/12/2019

Katie D.

A+ Customer Service! My experience with Gator Vacuum and Sewing has been fantastic. I have a small cleaning business and have been bringing my vacuums to this place for years. The service is fast, honest and reliable. When I first started doing business with them I brought in a very old Electrolux that needed a little TLC, when they advised me parts for this vacuum were no longer available I was stressed because I had a jobs to do and was down a very old but reliable vacuum. The owner Robert spent the time to walk me through a selection of commercial vacuums he offered in his showroom. I was glad to find out he was an authorized Electrolux dealer and had the knowledge of all the different models. He helped get me into a great Sanitaire commercial vacuum at a very reasonable price. You don’t get that certain personal care with businesses anymore and Robert and the staff of Gator Vacuum went all out to make sure I was taken care of. I continue to bring them my vacuums and business and would highly recommend Gator Vacuum to anyone in need of vacuum repair or service in the South Florida area. Keep up the great work Gator Vacuum!

Description of Work
Vacuum repair

Category sewing machine repair, vacuum cleaners, central vacuum cleaners

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the kind words. Looking forward to servicing you in the future!

01/09/2019

Mary C.

My rating is based on the fact that I believe that I was charged unnecessarily. I bought in a new vacuum that had never been used other that to turn on to see if it worked. A year later I pulled it out (old one died). It would not turn on. I brought to Gator and explained that it sat unused but now would not work. I was advised that it would cost $10 to evaluate and that if it was something simple like a loose wire it would be $40 to repair. All good. They called a few days later to tell me that the wire was loose and it was now working. Picked it up and paid. Several days later I tried to use it and it did not work. Finally I realized I was using the wrong button to turn it on. When I used the actual on/off button it worked. This made me realize that it probably worked the whole time. Instead of just charging me $10 to evaluate, I believe Gator simply told me that the wire was loose and charged me the full $40. Shame on me for not knowing how to turn the vacuum on. Shame on them for not being honest and taking advantage. Would have been more professional and would have generated goodwill to be honest. Makes me concerned for their integrity.

Description of Work
Vacuum servicing

Category vacuum cleaners, central vacuum cleaners

Sorry your information and your evaluation of how your experience took place was incorrect . We disassembled your brand new vacuum and tightened the wire connecting to the switch that was not working. This model vacuum has a notorious problem upon assembly with this happening. After the work was completed the switch works as intended. We we were truthful to let you know the repair was not a complex job, but still required time and labor to complete. You were operating the vacuum correctly by pressing the correct buttons, however they did not operate as intended. This was an out of box failure that we fixed for you for a labor only charge. You paid for the service in store without ever letting us know you felt the fee was unfair. We provided a service and simply asked for a payment for what we felt was fair for time and labor.

08/17/2018

Naida M.

My machine needed a special part ordered from somewhere; the built in lamp was not repaired. This business accepts only cash or check, no credit cards. They did not give me a receipt. My machine does sew so I will go back if it needs repair again.

Description of Work
Older Viking Sewing Machine needed repair

Category sewing machine repair, central vacuum cleaners

thank you and it was a pleasure helping you

07/16/2018

Vanessa D.

Please see my big bad review for that company that I posted on January 14 , 2018. Don’t waste your time. Now I am going super close from home. At Vacuum Cleaner Mart on 1741 E. Commercial Blvd. Fort Lauderdale. 855-893-1800 I went to see them and I was very happy with their service and professional treatment.

Description of Work
Vacuum cleaner repair

01/14/2018

Vincent F.

For the past 3 years I have been a loyal customer of Gator vacuum and sewing in Coral Springs. I kept going to this shop even after moving 30 minutes away and it was out of the way for me to bring my vacuum cleaner every 6 months for maintence. The usual lady that works there is super nice, but last Wednesday I had the bad experiece of meeting the owner Robert. I had To explain that it seamed that the hose was clogged due the fibers of a new area rug we recently purchased. When he saw that I had purchased bags online from another vendor he started the yelling! First getting very upset for not spending money “on his family”, and had to explain that I was sick few weeks ago and could not do the trip to the store to get more bags. Apparently they could send me the bags on the mail. Then he argued with me that I needed to buy a new $300 attachment for rugs and that the one they sold me was no good. I said No to that new expense , since the area rug was clean of all the extra fibers already, and for that he said in a sarcastic way “well you know more...” No one called me so I had to call 3 days later to see if the machine was ready for me to pick up. And it was. I payed for the repair, a new Hiipa filter, deodorathing tables and yes $20 on new bags a total $192.66. Before I left, I wanted to show him that I spent all that money on his shop and wanted to let Robert know that I had spent all that money in his store and if he wanted to keep all his good customers that he needed to be nicer to them and not to get so aggressive, loud and upset about looking for more convenient way to buy bags. He started to talk loud again the same way as the other day, I tried to stop him to let him know that he was doing the same wrong loud voice with me and I reminded him that I was an old loyal customer and needed to show respect. He proceeded to walk to the back of the store saying that I was a “ loud mouth”, so disrespectful to me, and all this in front of his Mother who was working yesterday Saturday. Very disappointing. I had to wait for someone to help me put the heavy vacuum cleaner in my trunk, since Robert wanted to let me go upset and take care of another customer that was just there. I know, for sure, that he probably talks to women that way all the time and I bet if my husband of 33 years, physician and Army doctor would had been the one bringing the vacuum cleaner, he would have received more respect than what he showed to me. They lost my business, I gave him a second chance to tell me what he wanted to let me know in a more passive, profesional way and he lost it again a second time. Sorry for the other lady, probably his wife, that still needs to work there with him and go to him home at night!

Description of Work
Vacuum repair and scheduled maintenance

Category central vacuum cleaners

Sorry MRS. FONT Trying to help you in any [Member Information Removed] I can but to no avail. I as the owner treats everyone the same [Member Information Removed] for the last 40 years being successful in my business and dealing with wonderful customers. After reading your lengthy complaint, i came to the conclusion that we do not see eye to eye. There are two sides to every story, however our experience interacting with yourself felt as if you were baiting myself into a confrontation and we were not going to go there......sorry

01/14/2018

Vanessa D.

For the past 3 years I have been a loyal customer of Gator Vacuum & Sewing Center in Coral Springs, Fl. I kept coming to this shop even after moving 30 minutes away and continued to bring my friends and my vacuum cleaner, Miele, for its maintenance every 6 months.The usual lady that works there is super nice, but last Wednesday I had the bad experience of meeting Robert, the owner. I had to explain to him that it seemed that the hose was clogged due to the fibers of a new rug we recently purchased. When he saw that I had purchased bags online from another vendor, he started yelling at me! First getting very upset for not spending money "on his family", and I had to explain that I was sick a few weeks ago and could not make the trip to his store to get bags. I did not know that they could send me the bags by mail. Then he argued with me that I needed to buy a new $300 attachment for the rugs and that the one that they sold me was no good. I said no to that new expense, since the area rug was clean of all the extra fibers already, and he replied sarcastically, "Well you know more..." No one called me so I had to call on the third day to see if the machine was ready. And it was. I paid for a new Hiipa filter, deodorizer tablets, and yes, $20 in new bags- a total of $192.66. Before I left, I wanted to let Robert know that I had spent all that money on his store and if he wanted to keep his good customers that he needed to be nicer to them and not to get so aggressive, loud, and upset about looking for a more convenient way to buy bags. He started to raise his voice again, the same way as the other day. I tried to stop him to let him know that he was raising his voice at me again, and remind him that I was an old loyal customer and he needed to show respect. He proceeded to walk to the back of the store saying that I was a "loud mouth", so disrespectful to me, and all this in front of his own mother who was working yesterday, Saturday. Very disappointing. I had to wait for someone to help me put the heavy vacuum cleaner in my truck, since Robert wanted to let me go upset and take care of another customer that was there. I know, for sure, that he probably talks to women that way all the time and I bet if my husband of 33 years, physician Army doctor would have been the one bringing the vacuum cleaner, he would have received more respect that what he showed to me. They lost my business, I gave him a second chance to explain to me what he wanted me to know in a more passive, professional way and lost it again a second time. Sorry for the other lady, probably his wife, that still needs to work there and go home to him at night!

Description of Work
Vacuum cleaner clogged hose repair and scheduled maintenance

Category small appliance repair, vacuum cleaners

We apologize that you felt the service was not up to your satisfaction. Truth be known not only were you as a customer aggressive to the point where I felt it might have been necessary to get law enforcement to my facility to escort you off our premises, your demeanor made our staff feel very threatened. Yes the owner walked away from the situation in hope that you would calm down or leave. This was done not out of rudeness, but to defuse the situation. We strive to give each customer 100% satisfaction and quality service, but when a situation becomes uncomfortable and a customer gets aggressive with their language and tone we do not accept that type of behavior in our establishment. We are sad to loose a long time customer of ours and feel maybe the situation could have went better. Our door is always open if you would like to come in to our store and we can both make peace of this past encounter.

11/28/2017

Karen P.

Gator Vacuum had quality vacuums for all price ranges and needs. Purchased a "Made In America" Maytag, and feel this is the last vacuum purchase we'll have to make. Very pleased with the experience, professionalism, time invested in sharing knowledge, and recommend... Anyone stopping in this store will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Was shopping for a new vacuum and wanted to buy locally. Robert is extremely knowledgable, and taught us a lot about vacuum quality and features that could have never learned online.

Category vacuum cleaners

thank you very much for the kind review, unfortunate maytag the vacuum division has gone out of business as of lately but we will still work with you in the future with any warranty issues. Thank you again.

09/07/2017

Rosalyn T.

Ben & Joe arrived on time and did an excellent job replacing my old system.

Description of Work
Needed a new Central Vacuum System.

Category central vacuum cleaners

Dear ALM, Thanks for the A review, Ben & Joe are the best & we appreciate you taking time to share your experience with other Angie's List members. Happy Vacuuming!!

06/04/2017

CARLA O.

works like a charm now . was able to buy bobbins and needles for the machine there also.

Description of Work
tune up on vintage sewing machine

Category sewing machine repair

thank you for such a kind review.we are always there for our customers

03/13/2017

Jeff Y.

Same day service on a Saturday. Excellent

Description of Work
Replace existing central vac.

Category central vacuum cleaners

Dear Angies Member, We are here to help as quickly and conveniently as possible. Thank you for choosing Gator Vacuum for your Central Vacuum needs. Enjoy your new Central Vacuum!! Happy vacuuming.

11/26/2016

Andrea L G.

Gator vacuum was professional in every manner and truly experts in any matters associated with central vacuum systems. From the day I spoke to their representative Sharon and made the appointment, they were punctual and explained all of my options. I chose to go with the upgraded new system, and replace my current outlets along with purchasing the accessories to accompany the system. Both Joe and Benjamin did an excellence job of installing the new system and giving me an explanation regarding the use and maintenance of it. I love the new system and would highly recommend using this company to anyone desiring to repair or replace their current system.

Description of Work
Replace current system

Category central vacuum cleaners

Dear AL Member, Thank you for the great review, we appreciate you choosing Gator Vacuum for your Central Vacuum needs and look forward to assisting you in the future should the need arise. The team at Gator works hard to provide quality service and products and thank you for noticing.

10/12/2016

Martin S.

Had 1 pm appt, called at 11:20 & about to come early at 11:05. Very polite, did the work & cleaned up afterward.

Description of Work
Replaced central Vac.

Category central vacuum cleaners

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review and the all A rating on Angie's list. We look forward to assisting you again in the future when the need arises.

09/23/2016

nicole C.

It went very smoothly and they are truly expert in anything central vacuum. From the time I made the appointment to completing the installation, they were very professional and friendly. They were on time. They explained to me all my options, from the main vacuum to any accessories. I didn't feel push to make any purchases that I didn't have to. They were very professional from the beginning to the end. They even clean up after they finished the installation. Overall, a great company that you can rely on.

Description of Work
Replacing my old central vac unit

Category vacuum cleaners, central vacuum cleaners

Thank you ALM for the great review, you and all the Angies members can expect our technicians to treat your home as though it were their own. We appreciate you taking time to write the review for us.

09/23/2016

nicole C.

I had my old central vacuum replaced awhile ago. The people there at Gator Vac are very professional. Installation was quick and easy. They explained well the cost and the time it will take. And they are always there to answer any questions you may have during and after the installation. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Installing a new central vac

Category central vacuum cleaners

thank you so much and please tell all your friends

08/04/2016

david C.

The service was quick and installed back in my house in only 3 days. It would have been 2 but I was not going to be home on the second day. They also repaired, cleaned and serviced my carpet head that goes with my unit. Everyone I dealt with was courteous and got the job done in record time. I would definitely recommend them to anyone for their services.

Description of Work
Maintenance service on my whole house vacuum.

Category central vacuum cleaners

Dear AL member, thank you for the great review and choosing Gator Vacuum for your Central Vacuum needs. We look forward to helping you again in the future.

08/04/2016

Gater Vac – installers, arrived vac installed, showed us how to use, this was installed for one of my clients. I'm a decorator.

Description of Work
New system - & vac.

Category vacuum cleaners

Dear ALM, thank for giving us all A's on the service you received on the Central Vacuum system we installed for you. Please know that we appreciate you referring us to your clients and we will continue to provide all A service to any future clients who need help with their Central Vacuum system.

08/02/2016

Richard S.

Gator Vacuum showed up on time. They were courteous, professional and explained my options and answered my questions. I made my choice and they did an excellent job of installation and testing for a fair price.

Description of Work
Replace central vacuum unit. It was over 30 years old, and finally died.

Category central vacuum cleaners

Dear AL member, It is always good to hear from another satisfied Gator Vacuum customer. Thank you for choosing Gator Vacuum for your central vacuum needs and giving us such a great review with all A's.

07/18/2016

Michael K.

Ben & Joe came to investigate. The old systems 2-motor system was completely fried (you could see the bad soot). Within the hour, they gave us a new system, new outlet (one has never been functional), they were very courteous & professional.

Description of Work
Replaced our old NuTone vac w/ a new DuoVac system, repaired an outlet & gave us some new system bags.

Category vacuum cleaners, central vacuum cleaners

Dear Angie's member, we appreciate you choosing Gator Vacuum for your central vacuum needs. Ben & Joe are always on time and can quickly diagnose the problem and resolve the issue. Thank you for giving us such a nice review.

07/17/2016

mitchell T.

Excellent. Very professional & knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Replacement central vacuum.

Category central vacuum cleaners

Dear Angie's List Member, Thank you for giving us the A review. Ben & Joe are always prompt, courteous, professional and knowledgeable to address any issues you may have with your Central Vacuum system. Thank you for choosing Gator Vacuum for your Central Vacuum needs.

04/20/2016

Nicole K.

They were on time and great. I needed a crew central vac, new hose etc. they had everything & were very through! Checked everything! Showed me how to use it-even hung an extra hanger on the wall for me!

Description of Work
New central vac put in. They had everything I needed.

Category central vacuum cleaners

Dear Angies Member, thank you for the great review. Our technicians are always ready, willing, and able to go the extra mile for our customers. Thanks again for the great review.

04/07/2016

. M.

Guys were on time and explained everything thoroughly. Took motor apart and recommended new unit, offered me a floor model at a reduced price. Then installed it.

Description of Work
Replaced unit and tested all outlets for clogs.

04/02/2016

Nora B.

Ben and Joey arrived on time. Service was top quality. Both men were efficient, considerate and honest.

Description of Work
Current vacuum was inspected-New vacuum was installed operation of new vacuum was explained.

Category central vacuum cleaners

Dear Angie's Member, thank you for choosing Gator Vacuum for your Central Vacuum needs, and giving us such a great A review.

02/25/2016

Michael R.

The service provider was very courteous, clean and kept me informed at all times. They also explained all the costs that were associated with the job.

Description of Work
They kept me informed of any delays, and when they would approximately be at the site.

Category central vacuum cleaners

Dear AL member, thank you for the all A review. We appreciate you choosing Gator Vacuum for your Central Vacuum needs and look forward to helping in the future should you need service or supplies.

02/22/2016

Heather R.

This place is a rip-off. They must be posting fake reviews on here because nowhere else do they have an A reputation. This place is a JOKE. After telling them the problem over the phone, I told them specifically if it is not going to be an easy fix, do not bother coming out. We don't use the system very often and are considering putting our house up for sale so we saw the value in fixing it IF and ONLY IF it would not require a brand new system. Sure enough, they come out to the house and charge me $200 to spend about 5 minutes looking at it only to tell me I need.... a brand new system. I asked the technician at the house if I had described the problem over the phone if he could have diagnosed it and sure enough, he said yes. He said I only would have had to tell him how old the unit is and he could have told me over the phone there is no way to fix it except replacing it. (which I DID mention when scheduling the appointment) The lady in the office has a bad attitude and so does the "owner." I honestly don't know how these idiots are still in business.

Description of Work
Checked my central vac system

Category central vacuum cleaners

After extensive research we have determined that this review must be for another service provider. We have no written service ticket, which must be completed at the time of scheduling, we have no computer records, and no payments for any such name or address listed. Based on the extremely negative grades and comments it leads us to believe this reviewer has dealt with another service provider. If it were to be us we would not have charged $200 for the work that was provided, those charges are way out of line of our customary charges. If this is a legitimate customer, who can provide a receipt we would gladly refund her money for such a horrible experience. Speaking to anyone who may read the above review, please consider this review to be an error in posting.

Remodeling WL/Goodmax Home Repair

I will cover almost, all job inside and outside of the house big or small project. like Plumbing, eletric, floor,paint,kitchen,bathroom,baseboard, crowmolding, floor cleaning roofing,pressure cleaning and more. I have more the 17 years of experience in this field doing general remodeling. I have a lots references if someone need. mostly important for my costumers is give more quality them they ask my go is 100% warranty. Be on time in the job most important in the ethics, respect, and quality is my main goal for my costumer.

Mr. Appliance of Coral Springs

When it comes to finding an appliance repair company you can trust in your home, Mr. Appliance meets all the qualifications. Not only do we uphold a “leave no trace” commitment, but we also make sure to only employ highly qualified professionals you can depend on. We stand behind our repair experts by offering warranties on all parts and repairs. When you choose Mr. Appliance to get your household back up and running, we want you to feel confident in your decision. From warm refrigerators to clogged dryer vents, we take care of it all. Most importantly, we understand that there is no convenient time for your appliances to break down or perform poorly. That is why our team of home appliance repair technicians are standing by to provide the exceptional quality of service you deserve.

Air Quality Control Environmental Inc

Palm Beach County residents call: 561-366-9276. Broward County residents call: 954-752-4085 Dade County residents call: 305-377-1308 or call us Toll Free: 855-355-DUST (3878). Family owned & operated. Additional contact number: (954) 270-3100. Additional emails - info@airqualitycontrolenv.com State licensed for air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Central Vacuum Parts, Repair & Installation. Household Vacuum Sales, Repair, & Accessories. Sewing Machine Repair.