Geeks On Site

Founded 2002 • With Angi since February 2010

PO Box 140280

Coral Gables, FL 33114

Residential and business computer repair services. We offer a safe and convenient online remote PC repair delivery method as well as traditional onsite, in-home and in-office service; providing support for: PCs, Networks, Printers, Scanners, Smartphones, MP3 players, Software, and Hardware support. If you are under a tight deadline, you cannot afford a technical mishap on your computer. Issues can strike at any time and cause a major headache and inconvenience. That’s where Geeks on Site comes in. Our experienced technicians provide excellent technical support for customers across the country....

05/25/2021

Brenda R.

The tech initially came to the house and connected the printer and monitor and the printer worked but the fax was never tested. He spent 1 hr and 17" and I paid for 2 hours of time on May 11. I was out of town and when I returned the printer did not work (3 days) Friday May 14 th. I contact the co and stated the contract stated that the work was supposed to be good for 7 days and they agreed to send back the tech and would call me back to schedule. They did not call me back and I called them on Weds May 19. They got someone online and could not fix it after a while and told me they would keep working and I could leave and do other things. I didn't and stayed watching them work for only a short time on and off then they submitted a Geek review which I deleted since the work was not done and they didn't call me back. My printer still did not work and I had work to do. So on the 21st I call them back and told them I was dissatisfied with the service and they got another online technician who worked several hours more. I watched and finally check some things myself and noted and told the person online that the printer network and the computer network did not match. This was changed and the printer worked and scanner worked and I could copy. I did not fax at that time. They told me it all should work now. I got off line and they called me back stating they needed to work a few more hours which was perplexing to me since they told me everything would work now and I checked most of the printer functions. I gave them permission and sat and watched and after 1 minute of work the Geek review came up indicating they were done. I filled it out and figured they completed their work. So I have since discovered the fax does not work. So after spending $210 and tolerating their duplicity and lies I still do not have a fully functioning printer. I will report them to the BBB also as no one should have to pay for a service and get this treatment and lack of success. I would warn anyone not to use their service and will go back on Geek and write a review for them.

Description of Work
installation of monitor and printer

Category buying services

05/09/2021

Andrea B.

Samuel came over and took care of my issues in no time. He was such a knowledgeable tech

Description of Work
blue screen of death

05/03/2021

paul O.

badly they are clearly not in the usa and are pretending to be local and even a us corp they say they have a fl location but they are not at the listed address if you mail them anything it will not get to them. they overcharge and prey on th e eldely making them buy insane blocks of time then charrges a fee to send the person to fix it dispite having paid for it in advance ON WHAT PLANET WILL A 93 YEAR OLD LADY use 4 hours of help? 1 hour was too much time. The TECHs even say the company is not a good or save company to give your billing info too RUN find a local tech on here dont use this non USA company that only cares for your CASH TECH SAID THEY ARE DEMANDING HE "CLEAN" Drug money they earned thru PAYPAL or be fired (overheard while he was working on my PC)

Description of Work
Computer repair

Category buying services,computer repair,computer training,computer sales

11/05/2020

Bill G.

I explained my problem code and symptoms on the phone to the St. Louis office. The person offered a remote fix but wanted my Apple ID to remote to my computer and I didn't want to do that. So, I opted for a home visit. The technician was very friendly but did not know the nature of my problem when he arrived and pretty quickly told me that I needed a new printer. I talked with the office on the tech's phone and asked for a discount as I thought that the person on the phone seemed knowledgeable of my problem and was confident they could repair. The "office' denied my request so I ended up paying $129 and will have to buy a new printer, too.

Description of Work
Printer repair

Category buying services,computer repair

04/19/2020

Romona W.

According to their website, "For either a one-time fee of $179 or a monthly $24.95 rate, you purchase extensive protection for your computer, as well as peace of mind, knowing you are in good hands." When I called, I was told that I had to pay the $179 fee first prior to purchasing the monthly $24.95 rate. Clearly that is not what is on the website. I know that we are in bad times now, but you can't change your policy when you are advertising something else. Bad business. I wouldn't recommend at all. Poor customer service.

Description of Work
remote computer services

Category buying services,computer repair

08/18/2019

Rick F.

We called Geeks On Site because The Geek Squad from Best Buy couldn't get to us for more than a week since the electrical storm had damaged electronics all over Tallahassee. Geeks On Site told me that they could come by within 48 hours, then called the next day to tell me they had an earlier opening, 9:00 the next morning. After not showing up I called the company at 11:00 and was told that the technician had gotten lost and couldn't find our home (we live in an established neighborhood that has been in existence for 60 years). They rescheduled my appointment to 1:00 that day. The technician finally showed up just past 1:15 and, after seeing my Apple computer and Apple wifi announced that he didn't know much about Apple systems. He spent 1.5 hours trying to determine the source of the problem, much of that time on the phone to another technician, before I had to leave for an appointment (which I had repeatedly told them about). He determined that the problem was in my Comcast router so later that day I exchanged the router but that did not fix the problem. Luckily, I had kept an appointment with the Geek Squad for several days later and when they showed up they took one look at the wifi router and told me that it had been "fried". They recommended a new system which I purchased and installed myself and that fixed the problem. They were here for only a couple of minutes and did not charge anything for their visit. Meanwhile, I had wasted an entire day waiting for and dealing with Geeks On Site and they had done nothing to fix the problem. For that non-service they had charged me $274.50, billed in advance. I called their offices a few days later to try to eliminate or reduce their charge and was promised a call-back to discuss the problem with a supervisor but no call ever came. DO NOT USED THIS SERVICE.

Description of Work
An electrical storm had knocked out several electronics in our house, including our wifi. I called Geeks On Site to determine how to best restore our wifi.

12/13/2018

tom B.

the tech came and did not seem like he knew his job because I needed a hard drive and computer had errors letting them know that but of course they only told me that after telling them the errors that they would have to send somebody out and they came 15 min late and then wasted a bunch of time to tell me the hard drive needs replace and I ask what will that cost me and tech said maybe 60.00 or 70.00 and gave me a invoice with 79.99 total owed on it and they charged my credit card 79.98 and another 247.50 on it and never filled out the other charges that would of left me know about owing more money and I disputed it and only thing they was willing to credit me for was a hour for which it took tech to go get but he was gone I want to say 1 and half hours because he was to be here at 9am but came 915am and left to get hard drive at 1025am and returned at 1240pm now I was given one and a half hours for service not including his travel time to get something but was charged for 2 and a half hours which is 99.00 a hour but do the math for time, really here around his hour and a half which is included in there service contract for 179.00 but willing to credit me 99.00 for his travel time he charged me but none of the tech's facts are right and would never recommend there service after that to anybody because they are dishonest over the phone but of course they record you and you know what you told them from the get go

Description of Work
needed computer to get back up and running

04/11/2018

Elaine P.

Hello. On 4/9/18 I called your company regarding a computer problem. I was locked out of my computer with a virus. Your sales representative assured me they would remove the problem, clean out and tune up my computer so it would run faster etc... I was told the procedure would take about 3 hours. I paid the $169.00 before beginning. I also asked about the qualification of the technician and was told my tech was a Senior Technician very qualified to take care of the problem. I noticed a message on my screen which had been there for over 1/2 hour and wondered why I didn't see activity thru the remote? It was now 3 hours into the work and then received a phone call from your company asking me to restart the computer. I noticed that the message was gone from the monitor and the computer reverted back to the original ''lockout'' message meaning the virus had not been removed. It was over 3 hours of work and we were back to square one. I was asked to restart the computer so they could continue to work on it. I refused and asked to speak to the Senior Technician who worked on my computer. I was told he was not in the facility. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told none were on the floor. I did not accept that and asked to speak to a supervisor. After waiting over 15 minutes on the phone a supervisor finally arrived on the phone. I was informed by the Supervisor that no Senior Technician worked on my computer. I immediately requested my money back via a refund/credit to my credit card. I was told the company was unable to connect me to that department for assistance. I requested that department call me by phone. I was told not to expect a call for 24 to 48 hours. I have yet to hear from your refund/billing department for a full refund. I also requested to CANCEL ANY AND ALL FUTURE RECURRING CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD FOR ANY FUTURE MONTHLY SERVICE(S). Please also note: I reminded your supervisor that being told I was getting a Senior Level technician and then finding out there are no Senior Level Techs working on my computer was FRAUD IN ADVERTISING. Later that same day, I was able to get an IT technician to remove the virus problem, clean out the computer and tune up for speed in 2 hours time. I called my bank to begin the process of opening a complaint / report on the $169.00 charge to my credit card. I was advised if I didn't hear from your company within 48 hours , my bank would begin to prepare the paperwork for an investigation and FRAUD charges against your business. I hope to hear from your Refund Department by phone to facilitate the refund transaction or else find the refund / credit confirmation and transaction sent to my email. Thank you. Elaine P

Description of Work
Remove virus from computer and tune up computer / Cost $ 169.00

Category computer repair

Hi, and thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and to assure you that the refund has already been processed at the time of this response, in addition, all existing subscriptions have been canceled. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a specific time for issues to be resolved as this can vary greatly dependent on the issue. We do our best to advise our clients the average time of resolution, I'm sorry that on this occasion we took longer than expected. For our remote service, we work on the computer for as long as it takes, without any additional charge should we need an extended amount of time. When working on computers remotely, we do need assistance from our clients from time to time, for such things are computer restarts, as this can terminate any connection we have with the machine. This is the reason we had called for your assistance, which I understand was frustrating for you. Unfortunately, we were unable to continue working on the computer and resolve the issue without restarting the machine, and understandably you would not allow us to regain the connection. We always have a senior technician available at any time to assist our online remote technicians, I apologize for the manner in which this was communicated. It is not our intention to give misleading information, but I can understand why you would feel this way. We are happy that your issue has now been resolved. We will certainly review the messages we give to our customers to ensure we manage their expectations better. We have now completed your refund request and called you to inform. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you can accept our apologies for the negative experience. King Regards - Customer Quality Team

08/11/2017

Natalie W.

They fixed the issue by completing a tune-up for $149 and then suggesting I buy an additional antivirus for $79. The very next day my debit card was used of fraudulent charges for $300 from a company I do not know. Geeks on Site was the only new company that I have used recently. I tried to write a review on their site and they didnt even post it. They only allow positive reviews on their site.

Description of Work
I had a bug on my computer that was causing my outlook to crash

07/28/2017

Marilyn H.

Very well... work was done efficiently... reps were clear, polite and knowledgeable, and my computer is fixed!

Description of Work
I needed a virus cleared from my computer.

Category computer repair

Thank you for letting us know the satisfaction that you are having with our customer service. It is always important to teach our customers on how to prevent be hacked, to use a non technical language for our customers to understand. Always let us know if you are having issues or any questions. You can always give us a call to 8883604335. We are going to be more than happy to assist you.