The A/C Guy of Tampa Bay

Founded 2009 • With Angi since June 2012

2070 Calumet St

Clearwater, FL 33765

A Small Family run full service heating and air conditioning business that focuses on high quality work at an affordable price. Our specialty is top notch system installations and replacements with the highest level of quality available yet at a price well below the average. We have a 100% money back guarantee that covers everything we do. Basically if your not completely satisfied you don't pay!...

10/05/2021

Katharine S.

Their practice is unacceptable. Awful company

Description of Work
Ive been hiring them for two years now for AC service

10/02/2020

Irene M.

A few problems during installation but in the end GREAT! EXCELLENT SERVICE!!

Description of Work
New AC and ducts

05/18/2018

Art W.

The workmanship was the worse I have ever seen. They cut holes for the vents too large, did not put screws in both sides of the vents. Broke a 5 inch piece of sheet rock from one vent edge. The explanation given was " we told you there would be a gap". I guess that was supposed to make the mess okay. They did not replace the access door in the garage.

Description of Work
replace duct work, vent covers, return air cover, add 2 new vents in bathrooms

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Please enter what you would like the response to look like:Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'm so sorry you had this experience. I do believe though that you have us mixed up with another company. We have no record of any customers under your name or address. There is another company in the area that has mimicked our name and we have received numerous calls before from their customers mistaking us for them. They sadly have been complaints like yours. Please call me at [phone number removed] and I will do what I can to help you get them to resolve your issues. Thanks, Gregg

04/19/2017

alison D.

Absolutely top notch service! We had a 16 seer Franklin/Goodman AC system installed several weeks ago. The owner Greg is a man of integrity, and the install crew were pleasant and efficient. This is a family business and everyone from the office girls to the crew are helpful, friendly and accommodating! Deserve more than 5 stars! Prices can't be beat! Very pleased!

Description of Work
Needed new air conditioning system to replace one over 20 years old.

12/27/2016

Mary C.

Awesome! The owner himself came to provide a written estimate, and they were by far the highest quality for the lowest cost. Their team of 3 installers arrived promptly at 7:30am and finished by the end of the day at 5pm. They were efficient, professional, and courteous, and I had running AC! I highly recommend this company! I would give them 10 stars if I could!

Description of Work
New cental heating and air conditioning system (heat pump)

08/04/2016

Cheryl C.

Discussed a number of different units/options and staff responded to all the questions we had. Once selected, the new system was installed in days.

Description of Work
Full replacement of Air Conditioning unit and inspection of duct work.

04/20/2016

Alistair M.

I was specifically looking for a small company rather than one of the larger ones, as I have found them to be much more on the ball. I definitely got this with the A/C Guy, having interaction not only with Greg (owner) but two daughters and a son! I had already had a quote from three other companies. Greg's quote was not only significantly lower, but it allowed me to up the spec to 16 SEER which qualified me for a $300 tax credit. The brand chosen (my choice) doesn't have a great reputation, but this is probably because they are one of the few that sell to the general public, i.e. to a bunch of amateurs and/or cowboys who don't really know what they are doing! The internals are mostly the same from manufacturer to manufacturer. The installation started at 8 and they were through just after 1PM. Everything was left neat and tidy. The code inspector found one minor wrinkle (I think he was anxious to find at least one thing wrong!) but commented that otherwise the installation was very professional. The problem was fixed in a few minutes the next day. The new air handler has variable speed, which means that for most of the time we don't even notice when the system is running. We had yet another mild winter (only one night of frost), and we haven't seen a summer yet, but I am confident that the system is more than ready for it. I have already recommended the A/C Guy to one of my work colleagues.

Description of Work
Replacement of existing heat pump system. Duct work checked and a minor leak repaired.

06/09/2015

Diane E.

Went very well. My concern is always that the Technician will recommend a new system or some expensive repair. He had some suggestions for maintenance to make the system last as long as possible. I find this refreshing and stress free.

Description of Work
Preventative maintenance

06/29/2014

Karen C.

It is so nice to have a professional service provider who does what they say and with a smile.

Description of Work
Once again Gregg and Tabitha saved the day. We realized that our thermostat was out late on Saturday night. I called Tabitha Sunday morning at 9:00 am. She promised Gregg would be here between 1:00-4:00 pm on the same day. Sure enough he arrived on time and had the A/C repaired in less than an house.

05/28/2014

John L.

I have been using the A/C Guy of Tampa Bay for a number of years to do all of my A/C servicing. Gregg alerted me early on to the substantial corrosion of my A/C unit, but it took about 4 years before the system finally began to leak. Gregg diagnosed the problem and then put in more Freon so that I would get some cooling over the holiday weekend. He charged for this service, but then reduced the cost of my new system by this amount. As an independent company, Gregg offered me many options for a replacement system. After a little on-line research, I selected one that I thought was best for my situation. And, we scheduled an installation date. The Freon leak, which had been very slow, accelerated and I was without A/C again and so Gregg moved up the agreed to date for the new A/C installation. Gregg and his crew showed up promptly at 8:00 AM on the day of installation (as scheduled). They had the new system operational a little after noon. They cleaned up after themselves and I am now sitting once again in air conditioned comfort.

Description of Work
Installed new A/C and heat pump.

Bay Area Heating & Cooling Inc

Bay Area Heating and Cooling, Inc is a Trane Comfort Specialist specializing in residential and commercial air conditioning and heating installation, repair and maintenance throughout the Tampa Bay area. We have earned the Super Service Award from 2018-2009 and maintain an A+ rating with the BBB. Bay Area offers 24 hour emergency service available 7 days a week. Major credit cards accepted, financing available for qualified individuals. Additional Phone Number: (866) 604-1140, (727) 586-6265 Additional Contacts: Jim Taylor, Chris Gourdine and John Mulder.

Offers by Bay Area Heating & Cooling Inc on Angi
    D & W Heating & Air Conditioning

New clients receive a FREE service call with paid repairs! D&W Air Conditioning is a family owned and operated business with a main office located in Sarasota, Florida and a sub-office located in Palm Harbor, Florida. We have been in business since 2000 and currently operate with 13 employees. All workers are employed by us and we do not sub out any work done. We are a certified state air conditioning contractor working under license # CAC1815573. We use both flat-rate pricing so you know what you will be paying before the work has been commenced. We offer Trane Products for new residential and commercial installation. Discounted service rates are available to Angie's list members.

Offers by D & W Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi
    Air Pro's HVAC Contracting, LLC

We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate! Military and Senior Discount of 5%.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Installation, maintenance and repair heating & A/C.