Please call for more details.

Better Homes Appliance Service Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2000

620 Bypass Dr Suite 203

Clearwater, FL 33764

Award-winning. Better Homes Appliance Repair is proud to provide fast, dependable and quality service to our customers in the Tampa Bay Area. We are a family-owned and operated business committed to personalized customer service. We meet the highest performance standards in the business - from employee training to customer care. We have 10 skilled, certified technicians, and knowledgeable office staff to meet your appliance service and repair needs. ...

10/15/2020

Woodie B.

Outstanding. Showed up ahead of schedule and was finished ahead of projection. They also charged me $200 less than Affordable Appliance quoted

Description of Work
Replace compressor in refrigerator - freezzer

09/16/2020

Ross S.

Advised how to properly defrost coils

Description of Work
Refrigerator temperature situsatiojn

09/15/2020

Dave B.

Technician was on time and knowledgeable. However, one month later and they are still waiting for parts from their supplier. The parts were available from several different suppliers online. I finally just ordered the parts myself. I was frustrated by their inability to obtain parts.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Category appliance repair

Yes, some parts that need to be ordered are taking a bit longer these days with COVID but we do get OEM parts directly from the manufacturer and unfortunately 1 of your 2 parts was on back order at the manufacturer. I wish you would update your review since we did receive your part at 3 weeks and went out to complete the repair. We apologized for the delay that was out of our control and in the end, you were happy with the repair.

08/26/2020

Elaine M.

I wrote a bad review on this company a couple of weeks ago on a Friday because they were a “no show”. And the following day they called and apologized and said there had been an emergency situation and were sorry I wasn’t notified. I rescheduled for Monday and Jim, the technician, called me Monday morning really apologizing and came to look at our dishwasher at 9:30. It needed a part that had to be ordered so there was no charge that day. The part took about a week and Jim came back on Tuesday (yesterday) and replaced the bad part with the working part. He not only gave us the Angie’s list $20 discount, but he gave us another $10 discount for the no show problem. My husband was the person that coordinated with Jim because I wasn’t home, and he said Jim was great. So I am reversing the F review I gave this company to an A.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

07/17/2020

Donna J.

Justin, the tech, pulled out fridge, turned off and back on. Unit did not start back up. He stated two possibilities, retrieved a part from his truck and installed it. Turned back on and fridge started up. Soon started cooling down; and, in about 8 hours, it was already almost back to normal temps. I was very pleased with the service that I received; and, I would not hesitate to use them again or to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Refrigerator not cooling very well

05/29/2020

Gordon D.

couple months ago I called them with a freezer leak - the tech said it was because the freezer was overfilled and there was no leak. at the same time i mentioned the display panel was missing parts of the numbers and said replace it - when they were supposed to do that they didn't have the display panel so I decedided not to get it replaced. since removing items from the freezer but it continued to leak . I called back to get the leak fixed - when the technician called for the appointment he informed me that the new owners INSISTED he replace the display panel since it was an outstanding issue - in addition to looking for the leak. I told the tech didn't want the panel replaced - he said he had to do it because of the new owners policies. I then cancelled the entire service call - i did use some very harsh words about the new owners and their policies.DO NOT RECOMMEND! if they wont do what the customer wants

Description of Work
freezer leak

Category appliance repair

I am sorry to hear that you did not agree with the technician's diagnosis but we always warranty our parts and our labor so issues have to be fixed in the correct manner in order to not void that warranty. You were not willing to move forward with the repairs recommended by the technician and the technician would not perform the repair that you wanted because it would not be warrantied. You were not charged any money. I hope this explains our policy that you were referring to a little bit better. We only fix things the right way.

05/23/2020

Joan F.

Fortunately, the service person had all the necessary parts in the truck, so all was ok.

Description of Work
Fix my refrigerator

05/02/2020

Carol F.

Excellent. I've engaged Better Homes for various appliance repairs for more than 10 years now. Larry was punctual, courteous and provided excellent information and advice. He had repaired the same Kenmore approximately 10 years ago. It was very nice to see him again. Couldn't ask for better. I highly recommend Better Homes and Larry too.

Description of Work
Repair Kenmore washing machine.

04/29/2020

Harry T.

Brian arrived on-time, was thorough and efficient, and was finished in under an hour.

Description of Work
Microwave unit in wall oven combo failed. Need to remove from wall and repair.

04/18/2020

Linda S.

Very well - professional courteous and efficient

Description of Work
Washing Machine

01/25/2020

Karen C.

Very well! Service person called when he was running behind due to another job. And I just left door open so he came in and fixed It because I had to leave.

Description of Work
Broken washing machine

12/21/2019

RICHARD F.

Refrigerator ice maker - completed. Ice Machine - taken away for problem analysis and repair.

Description of Work
Refrigerator - ice maker. Ice Machine - not working.

11/15/2019

Barbara S.

It went fine. As we suspected the issue we experienced with the freezer happened because at one point the freezer was left ajar; the technician confirmed that and that it was now working properly. He also confirmed the light was probably out because of moisture that resulted when the freezer was ajar and if it didn't come back on it was easily replaced.

Description of Work
Confirm bottom freezer was working properly

10/02/2019

mike R.

The repair tech analyze the problem and found the circuit board needed to be replaced at a cost of $400. I decided to resolve the problem in another way.

Description of Work
LG washing machine would not power up.

09/21/2019

Larry G.

Very well. Diagnosed the first day, ordered the part and returned to repair another day. A good experience for us.

Description of Work
Repairing the water/ice dispenser

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

09/11/2019

Terry G.

They were responsive and very clear about what was needed and the proposed cost. We were very happy with the work.

Description of Work
Icemaker not working

07/19/2019

Ronnie H.

He arrived on time and was very professional. Looked @ washer and dryer explaining problems and costs to repair/replace. Gave costs to repair both appliances. We decided to replace and buy new ones.

Description of Work
Look @ washer and dryer problems (no spin washer; dryer interface broken)

06/28/2019

Kenneth L.

On time, very polite,worked quickly' Brian did a very good job229.00

Description of Work
replace icemaker

06/26/2019

susanne A.

The technician showed up and decided that he needed to order a motherboard. The board was ordered and installed within a few days. We were very happy with the service and the professionalism of the repair person. Would hire them again.

Description of Work
Motherboard for dryer

06/06/2019

ROBERT B.

I had a problem with the ice and water dispensing system. The technician came out and assessed the problem. He said it required the replacement of the display board. He said he would order the parts and expected to have it within two days. As promised they called two days later and scheduled the technician to returned next day. He replaced the parts and it's working properly.

Description of Work
Repaired Refrigerator

04/30/2019

Barbara M.

I had new gaskets installed by Better Homes 10 years ago (3 active boys take a toll on any fridge), Better Homes came our in a timely fashion and did a great job. I did NOT want to call them again. I was afraid I'd be told that it was un-repairable. Larry came the day I called and in just a few minutes he said we'd need a new refrigeration system, but it would run like new and probably last 10 - 20 years more (although with the caveat that the freezer could fail)...I'll just call B/H and have that fixed. Larry returned 5 days later and I had a new cold, cold S/Z. I Love Larry and Better Homes. I trust their expertise. It's clear that Larry knows what he is doing. I am a completely satisfied customer. I wouldn't call anyone else for appliance repair! Bravo.

Description of Work
21 year old Sub Zero built-in fridge had ice building on back wall

03/24/2019

PAUL H.

The technician arrived on time as was professional. He explained that the problem was with the door switches. He replaced them. That fixed the problem.

Description of Work
Repair a built in microwave oven that wasn't heating

Category small appliance repair

03/04/2019

Joan R.

I sent a detailed e-mail with my issue and the company did not bother to reply.

Description of Work
washing machine water sensor

02/09/2019

Bill M.

I want to add this favorable review to the many others here. The firm was prompt, provided 3 hour windows for repairs, did them with in that time frame, was thoroughly professional, provided useful information about the refrigerator repair and another problem appliance, had to order a part which was installed within a week. One price service call, no added service call price to install part. Overall a very satisfactory experience. Would use again without question.

Description of Work
Repair Refrigerator

01/31/2019

Richard P.

Took a week because a part had to be ordered.

Description of Work
Replace dryer heater elements

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Precision Overhead Garage Door

You can rely on Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area to provide the type of service you would expect from a locally owned company; while enjoying the security that doing business with a National Franchise company can bring. Each owned & operated as an individual franchise. Our slogan is "We Fix Garage Doors Right"™ and we spend a lot of time defining and redefining what that means to us as a company and what it means to you as a consumer. This singular focus has led us to pioneer the industry standard warranty for garage door repair and a training program for technicians that is second to none in the garage door industry. Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area was opened in 2001 and proudly serves the West Florida. We are a full service garage door company specializing in Garage Door Repair, Replacement Garage Doors and repair of Garage Door Openers. 45 Trucks running days, evenings, weekends, with no extra charge for nights or weekends. Locally owned & operated. Additional DBAs - Precision Garage Door Service, Precision Garage Door, Rapp Operations, LLC, Precision Door, Precision Overhead Door. Additional phone numbers - (727) 556-0066, (727) 573-7968.

Friendly Garage Doors

Friendly is a premier garage door Company based in the Tampa Bay area specializing in repairing and servicing garage doors and openers. With 10 years experience in the field, we are committed to meet or exceed your expectations by providing quality products, professional repairs and a friendly, experienced staff.

Donald Duct LLC

We started Donald Duct due to our family's own personal experience with a clogged dryer duct. For months, our clothes were taking too long to dry, going for 1-2 extra dryer loads before completely drying. Our dryer would sometimes time out mid-load and we knew something needed to be done. So, we took it upon ourselves to clean out the dryer vent. It was the first time since we purchased our home in 2016 that the dryer vent had been cleaned. It was disgusting... The lint was built up from the back of the dryer, all throughout the dryer duct, all the way to the outside vent. Once the duct was cleaned, there were mounds and mounds of years old lint piled up in our driveway. Fortunately, we no longer have dryer issues, and we did something before a potential house fire ignited. We later found out that lint-clogged dryer ducts are the leading cause of house fires in the U.S.. So, after seeing the benefits firsthand, we wanted to bring this service to our friends, family, neighbors and others in the community.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Appliance repair – refrigerator, washer, dryer, garbage disposal, microwave, oven, dishwasher, ice maker, freezer, range, wall oven, disposer, compactor & ice machine.