Bayside Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since March 2000

Bayside Heating and Air Conditioning is proud to have consistently earned the Angi's Super Service Award since 2000 and maintain more positive reviews than any other Air Conditioning company in the Tampa Bay Area. We are a family owned business and strive for old fashion values of integrity, good

2022 Super Service Award

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile imageA Bayside Service VanAnother View of a Bayside Service Van

HVAC Companies (1750)air duct cleaning (109)insulation (10)plumbers (28)electrician (26)drain cleaning (16)lighting (14)mold removal (8)well & water pump repair (6)water softeners (5)dryer vent cleaning (3)fireplace services (1)

01/06/2023

Paul P.

Very professional very prompt and honest thorough service friendly staff and cleaned up when finished Highly recommend this company. They do what they they will do. Best maintenance contracts in the industry

Description of Work
Ductwork cleaning A/C service cleaning and maintenance UV system install and purchased maintenance contract

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We strive very hard to make sure our customers are happy. Thank you.

10/13/2022

Kathleen M.

Very pleased with installation and unit and price

Description of Work
Install new AC heat pump system

Work Completed On 10/13/2022

Thank you. We are grateful for all of our customers.

10/07/2022

Nichole V.

Great! Awesome! Jim did a fantastic job and very thorough. He always goes above and beyond. We truly have full trust in Jim. He always comes on time and makes sure that he explains everything to where you can understand easily. I would highly recommend Jim.

Description of Work
Maintenance

Work Completed On 09/26/2022

Thank you. Jim is a very special team player.

07/30/2022

David C.

Get a second opinion! The tech told me I needed to replace both units, that I was 5 pounds low in freon on bigger unit and 2 pounds on smaller unit at a cost of 100/pound to fill. Said units were in such poor shape probably not worth it as they needed to be replaced. He also said the coils were rusted badly and very bad temp differential. I called in Sunstate Mechanical for a second opinion and they contradicted everything this tech said. He said my units were getting older, but there was no rust and freon was fully charged on both units. I then told me what this tech said and he was shocked. He also had pictures of everything that he could show me. I could have just gotten a bad tech and not sure if they are paid on commissions, but just beware and get a second opinion.

Description of Work
A/C Maintenance

Category muffler repair

Work Completed On 07/18/2022

The technician has been to this customers home for multiple services, and has always performed a thorough maintenance on his systems to the customers satisfaction. On this occasion when the technician arrived the customer was on a conference call and advised the tech to just go do his thing. The technician completed the inspections and found both systems to be low on refrigerant and rust on the bottom of both coils. Any system that is 12 years old will have rusting on the bottom of the cooling coils from condensation. He topped off both systems with refrigerant as per our maintenance contract, thus explaining why the other company found them operating at capacity, and went inside to talk to the customer. Unfortunately the customer was still on the conference call, and the technician could not discuss his findings or recommendations with him so he briefly wrote them down. These systems are older at 12 yrs, and due to the high cost of refrigerant, and leak repairs, we will suggest to a customer to consider replacement rather than costly repairs. Of course the technician could not discuss this since the customer was not available for conversation. We did try and call this customer to try to explain and resolve this unfortunate situation, but he has since not returned our call. I think this is a misunderstanding, without the opportunity to properly explain. We welcome the opportunity to again service this customer in the near future.

03/23/2022

Patricia B.

Ben, the technician, arrived on time. He was friendly but very professional. He checked the amps/pressures; vacuumed the drainline; sanitized the coils; checked all vents and replaced the a/c filter which I provided. I was very pleased with his work and will definitely use Bayside going forward.

Description of Work
A/C and Heating check up

Work Completed On 03/23/2022

We are very pleased that it was a good experience. Thank you very much for the kind words.

02/23/2022

Carol T.

Bayside A/C & Heating did my HVAC system replacement and it went perfectly. There was Not one glitch. The Installers were in sync & coordinated. The price was fair and inline with other providers in the area. I’ve been with Bayside about 10 yrs and they never disappointed me. That’s why I selected them to replace my old system. Bravo!

Description of Work
HVAC system repkacement

Work Completed On 02/23/2022

Thank you. We appreciate the confidence you have in us. And as always we will strive the be the best. And thank you for all the years you have allowed us to be the AC company for you.

12/17/2021

Gwen C.

Very well. We decided to have them service our systems every year.

Description of Work
AC Yearly Mantenance

Work Completed On 12/06/2021

10/03/2021

Bridget H.

Very well. Everyone involved from the office, to techs to installers were professional, courteous and effective.

Description of Work
New AC system

Work Completed On 09/24/2021

08/19/2021

Trisha M.

We are so pleased we finally got cold air flowing threw our house after using another company for years and thousands of dollars later we called Bayside cooling and they found our problem and fixed it🥰 “” Thank you

Description of Work
Air conditioning

Category muffler repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/26/2021

We are so happy we were able to assist you. Thank you for the kind words.

07/21/2021

Andrew F.

Not very well, wanted an AC tune up and wanted to give back to small businesses so chose this company. The technician came to do the tune up and didn’t even clear the unit. We paid for $300 worth of Freon and the technician loosened the unit so the Freon would leak out. Within a week our unit was completely empty. This is a common AC industry trick where they tell loosen your unit so the Freon leaks out and the company comes back out and tells you the leak is bad so you replace your unit or pay for more repairs. I went and got my own tools and sealed my unit back up and it’s been running cool ever since. Called the company to complain and give them a chance to make it right, the person said they would call me back after speaking to a manager and they never did. Very unprofessional. Would not recommend this company

Description of Work
AC tune up

Work Completed On 04/22/2021

The technician arrived to find a 20+ year old system, very rusted, corroded, in poor condition, and very low on Freon due to a leak in the system. The technician advised the customer of the condition of the equipment, and recommended that he upgrade his system and not invest any more money into it. The customer despite the age, condition, and recommendation, only wanted it filled with Freon. Their are no guarantees for Freon on an old leaky system. This technician has been with us a long time, with unquestionable morals, and work ethic. The accusation that he deliberately did anything to cause problems to his system, is unjust and unfair. Someone answers our phone 24/7 so his claim that we couldn't be reached is questionable. If he had contacted us we would have been happy to send someone out at no charge, and if a mistake was made we would have corrected the problem again at no charge. This system is very old and failing, and this customer refuses to accept the truth, instead implies we did something to sabotage it. Our excellent reputation proves and speaks otherwise.

03/04/2021

JACKIE A.

They were professional and knew exactly how to fix the problem.

Description of Work
resolved A/C problem

Work Completed On 03/04/2021

Thank you very much. We strive very hard to make every visit beneficial.

02/11/2021

Doug S.

They did what they said at the price quoted. No extras, no surprises, no unnecessary add-on services! Was a great experience and will hire again for our AC service.

Description of Work
Annual AC System Service

Work Completed On 02/11/2021

Thank you ad welcome [Member Information Removed] the Bayside family.

02/11/2021

Bob A.

Perfect, great price , on time, explained what he did and also went over their optional service contract ! Would highly recommend ! We switched from our other AC company and very glad we did!!!

Description of Work
Annual AC maintenance

Work Completed On 02/11/2021

Thank you so much for your great review.

02/05/2021

Tommy B.

Brian arrived on time and began inspecting the two a/c units. He found mold growing in one unit and installed a light to kill the mold. He worked hard to inspect all aspects of both units and did all required paperwork. He carefully explained preventive maintenance program. I bought a preventive maintenance program for each unit. Brian was very cordial and professional at all times.

Description of Work
Air condition checkup and preventive maintenance

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

Brian and Bayside thank you very much for your great review. Welcome to the Bayside family.

02/03/2021

Ron C.

Excellent. The technician was on time, courteous and did a very thorough job while explaining what was being done.

Description of Work
Semi annual maintenance.

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

Thank you for taking the time to give us this great review.

12/28/2020

george M.

The technician, Steve, that arrived was very professional and had an excellent attitude (which surprisingly seems to be becoming rarer and rarer lately in HVAC here in FL). He was very knowledgable, and after a thorough inspection, he repaired the problem. We were so impressed by the experience that we will be signing up for their annual inspection/maintenance offer. Based on this experience, we are very comfortable referring others to Bayside Heating and AC.

Description of Work
central heating repair

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

Thank you so much for the amazing review, and look forward to adding you to the Bayside family.

12/10/2020

Cindy S.

Great and knowledgeable staff and service

Description of Work
Furnace service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, mold removal

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

Thank you for the confidence you have in us,

11/12/2020

Michael B.

Erik H was the tech who came out for this call, and I am glad he did. He checked things out and made a couple of calls to the office. They had him reaching up into the ducts, climbing through the attic, and several other tasks that did not find the issue. Then he looked around for himself and found that there was a connecting piece (meant to let overflow drain into the big metal pan under my airhandler) that was never put into my drain line system in the original installation . The drain line had plugged, and since the water had nowhere to go, it was backing up and following the ducts into my house, where it was dripping through my ceiling. So Erik cleaned out my drain line and installed the simple piece (THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE ALL ALONG) to allow proper drainage. I was a little upset that such a basic and simple part of my AC system had been missed on Bayside's original install of this system. But thankfully, Erik did a great job, stuck with it, and found the fix that I needed. Obviously, there was no charge for this repair, and I think that his good diagnosis and repair work saved me from what could have turned into a huge leakage and mold problem. Thank you, Erik!

Description of Work
Dripping water was coming through my ceiling from the original install.

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

Thank you for the great report on Erick.

11/05/2020

Dawn S.

Derrick was excellent! The office called prior to his arrival to remind me and let me know he was going to be on time, which he was. He was very professional and personable. Explained everything in detail as well as answered all my questions. Quick, professional work. Would hire again if we weren’t moving out of state! Will recommend to friends and family who are here in the area! Great company great prices.

Description of Work
AC coils cleaned

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

Derrick sends his thanks for the kind words, and thank you for being a Bayside customer.

10/23/2020

Keri M.

These guys are great! I’ve used them several times for seasonal maintenance. Always Very honest with me. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Seasonal checkup

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

Thank you very much fro your trust and support.

08/12/2020

Sharon D.

The people they sent did not give a correct price after I signed agreement I was told they made a mistake in pricing when they came out the second time. I would never recommend for my dog house. Obviously they never called me back with new price.

Description of Work
Duct replacement

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

Not remotely as its being told by the customer. This is a mobile home literally 5 1/2" off the ground, with the ducts running underneath. We told them we would make an attempt, but its just not possible. The home needs to be jacked up and re leveled before anyone could possibly fit under there to change out the ducts. Money has nothing to do with this. We were the second company that attempted to do this job and unfortunately like the last could not. It was fully explained to the homeowner and her daughter by the installers, but obviously they refuse to accept the situation, despite being told the same thing by two different companies.

08/10/2020

James C.

Fast response time and very fair price.

Description of Work
A/C wasn't working

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

Thank you very much for the great review!

07/29/2020

Susan L.

My only complaint was that there were some larger chunks of dust/debris not cleaned up after they put all the grates back over the vents. Otherwise, they did a great job! The AC sounded so much better. The air feels drastically cleaner. My lungs feel happier. Jim, the initial appointment person, is honest, knowledgeable, and truly cares about the customer.

Description of Work
Ducts cleaned and then system check up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, air duct cleaning