Asper, Inc.

Founded 2004 • With Angi since February 2011

3.7

7328 Danbury Way

Clearwater, FL 33764

ACS (Asper, Inc.) is a full service project management company. We over see the entire project so you don't have to worry about the project not being completed on-time or over budget.

09/14/2020

April T.

The actual work was mostly OK, but it has been 7 weeks since the job was done and I haven't gotten a lien release. They were supposed to do a couple more things the week after I paid and they still aren't done. I now have a couple of small plumbing issues that should be covered under my one year warranty and they won't return my calls. The project also too twice as long as it was supposed to. I would never recommend them.

Description of Work
Converted garage to bed and bath

Category remodeling, garage builders

05/06/2016

Salvatore A.

We purchased a home that needed a complete kitchen renovation. We heard about Asper Inc. by a cabinet distributor. I called and personally spoke with Mr. Jeffrey Mcgill who said they would like to take a look at the job and submit a proposal. Mr. Mcgill then put me on the phone with a female office manager to make the appointment. I did think it was unprofessional that I did not receive a phone call prior to the date of the appointment to confirm but I would not call to confirm myself. If a company does not call me I take that into account in hiring them. My Girlfriend and I both took time off of work to make the 10 AM appointment. Once 10:30 came and no one showed I called the company and spoke to the same woman who I made the appointment with. She said she forgot schedule it and wanted to know if I wanted to reschedule. I was totally turned off by this lack of courtesy. I told her we would not be doing business with them. So I wasn't shocked that I did not get a call back from Mr. Mcgill. Although no work was performed this company was discourteous and unprofessional.

Description of Work
No work performed.

Category home remodeling

09/29/2015

John F.

Leak was fixed after a short siesta by the workers. Flat roof was ripped up and replaced. The problem was I had a tile guy here finishing off a room and within 5 minutes of telling them another worker was below, they were throwing scraps off the side of the house where the worker was located and hit him with debris. About 30 minutes after that, they cut the main cable line into the house so my internet was down for the day. I work from home... After they quit throwing old roof at my tile guy, they threw it all into the back yard without a tarp or anything laid down, I'm still finding nails and stuff throughout the yard. My nanny actually stepped on a rusty nail out there due to their lack of care for my property. The flat roof, it's not so flat anymore. They had to replace some of the beams due to rot, where they replaced stuff, the roof is visibly sagging and no longer has a straight line when looking at it. When I asked the owner, Jeff McGill, he replied "flat roofs in florida, what do you expect?" Seriously, I expect a flat roof which is what I started with... The part I actually expected them to replace due to rot was not replaced. I had to call them back and have them come back out to replace what was visibly rotting. I have other needs in the construction area and wouldn't hire this company to do any of it and suggest you just stay clear as well.

Description of Work
Fixed a leaky vent in tile roof. Replaced the flat roof.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, roofing

07/29/2015

Michael H.

The inspector started before we arrived at the house and was almost complete. When he finished he walked the property and pointed out items he noticed that may be of concern. His report was 61 pages, the last 42 of which were pictures of the house. Of the 19 pages of text, 60-70% of it was disclaimer about how things can be missed or may break between the inspection and the closing date. I am not happy with the fact that he missed a living room window that was cracked from top to bottom with a BB hole in the center. The previous owner stated it had been there for years. Additionally he stated that the various attic vents all had appropriate screens to keep pests out. After finding two rats in my attic, the exterminator I hired looked and found no such screens. This occurred just a few months after purchasing the home. He was hired at the advice of my realtor.

Description of Work
Pre move-in home inspection.

Category home inspection, remodeling

07/22/2015

Susan L.

Description of Work
The roofing job was extremely well done, there were a couple of issues and the company immediately fixed them. The workers were courteous and they did a wonderful job of cleaning up all materials used for this job. It was wonderful to find a company that is genuinely concerned with doing such terrific work, we would absolutely recommend this company!!

Category plumbing, remodeling

11/03/2014

Samuel F.

Excellent. We are very pleased. Jeff used quality materials (Owens Corning shingles), repaired several sections of rotten wood, and generally did an excellent job. His crew was very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Installed a new roof.

Category remodeling, roofing

05/23/2014

Cyndee H.

When buying real estate today the inspection periods are usually less than 2 weeks and in a sellers market getting shorter so pressure is on to have a thorough inspection done and get the results quickly. In addition with new insurance changes you typically can't get insurance quotes when purchasing a home without a new wind mitigation and 4 point inspection reports. Appreciate when Jeff does the home inspection because as a General Licensed Contractor versus someone who's just taken the weekend courses he understand systemically how issues may or may not impact other aspects of the condo. He is also able to give a realistic idea of what actual repairs will typically cost which helps to address and negotiate these items quickly with the seller. I also appreciate that he is very thorough with every outlet tested, ever system run and lots of tips for maintaining the condo going forward it was a great experience. This inspection when very well with the exception of the air conditioner that iced over during the inspection and needing to be serviced. Jeff's knowledge and expertise were obvious and yet appreciated his patience when explaining issues and maintenance tips.

Description of Work
Jeff McGill and his team performed home inspection on condo, did wind mitigation and 4 pt service as well.

Category home inspection, remodeling

04/29/2014

Connie H.

day after I left for Chicago and their truck toppled into septic tank breaking one of the four lids, small break in one lid, and another lid rocking precariously. All seals between the lid areas are broken and mosquitos are coming from the septic tank. 3. Custom French doors damaged (sprung--you can see outside on the bottom), not sealed, framed, and primed/painted. Door appears to be hung incorrectly. 4. Debris from another construction site dumped in my back yard, which included a dirty toilet. 5. No dumpster on site. Utilizing my back yard for the dumpster plus egg shells, banana peels, McDonald bags, straws, water bottles, etc. 6. Drywall has gaping holes and corners without drywall paper. Orange peel finish, per contractor is of poor quality. 7. Attic access door missing and left open. 8. Door to bedroom pryed open to accommodate drywall screw and left. 9. Laminate flooring crooked and spacers from wall not used--poor installation--which includes a piece under 2and quot;, gaps at French door. Was advised to use laminate in kitchen, but after talking to a professional floor installer--it is not advised to use laminate in kitchen. 10. All hallway doors full of drywall and seriously doubt that this can be cleaned. Bathroom cabinet substance spilled on and bathroom pocket door now has large scratches. 11. No drywall above new electrical box, yet the hallway was painted? 12. Doorway between two sections (concrete) has large concrete holes, and the laminate just ends there? 13. Have had four different crews on property and it appears that these are just handymen and overstepping their abilities to perform drywall, flooring, concrete work, plumbing and electrical work. This includes re-wiring the thermostat and when I pointed out that it wasn't working--I was left with no air conditioning for about a week. 14. Owner, Jeff Asper, will no longer answer my phone calls or emails. The list goes on and on, but I'm stopping here. I will provide pictures to Angie's list and videos of the destruction.

Description of Work
Kitchen, Hall, Dining and Utility Room 1. Failed to pull permits (requested many times and included in contract) for electrical and plumbing. No hot water in bathroom sink and solar hot water heater sitting in pool of water with electrical dangling from ceiling. Solar hot water heater drainage blocks access valve. Electrical wiring with vice gripe on the end with no outlets for appliances. 2. Although told not to drive over septic tank, a new crew was brought in the

Category remodeling

12/26/2013

marc G.

He went above and beyond to take care of this issue. Went up on the roof and didn't charge us any additional cost. Saved us a ton of money. He is also my general contractor, he has done remodeling and roofing for us. He has been really awesome.

Description of Work
Took care of plumbing issues in my home.

Category plumbing, remodeling

10/04/2013

Christine T.

The contractor performed the work within the scheduled time, did not hurt our property, cleaned everything up before leaving and were very friendly. I was amazed at how quickly they were able to do the job so well.

Description of Work
Removed tile roof and replaced with shingle roof.

Thank you [member name removed] for the kind review. We look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

08/27/2013

marc G.

Not gonna leave a big long message here. If you need anything done around your house, inside or out, hire these guys, period. Best contractors i have ever worked with.

Description of Work
This trip was just a few odd jobs around the house and AC

Category home inspection

Thank you [member name removed] for your review. We enjoyed working with you as well.

02/09/2011

Peter S.

He has been very helpful. He was punctual and was even there before I was. He was quick in following up with all information needed.

Description of Work
He did wind-mitigation inspection on the roof and created a condition report. He is also working on my girlfriends report.

Category home inspection

[removed member name]. Thank you for the review. I hope we can do business again soon.

Donald Duct LLC

We started Donald Duct due to our family's own personal experience with a clogged dryer duct. For months, our clothes were taking too long to dry, going for 1-2 extra dryer loads before completely drying. Our dryer would sometimes time out mid-load and we knew something needed to be done. So, we took it upon ourselves to clean out the dryer vent. It was the first time since we purchased our home in 2016 that the dryer vent had been cleaned. It was disgusting... The lint was built up from the back of the dryer, all throughout the dryer duct, all the way to the outside vent. Once the duct was cleaned, there were mounds and mounds of years old lint piled up in our driveway. Fortunately, we no longer have dryer issues, and we did something before a potential house fire ignited. We later found out that lint-clogged dryer ducts are the leading cause of house fires in the U.S.. So, after seeing the benefits firsthand, we wanted to bring this service to our friends, family, neighbors and others in the community.

2022 Super Service Award

New Beginnings Kitchens and Baths, Inc.

New name : New Beginnings Kitchens and Baths,Inc Servicing South West Florida for over 27 years. Free Estimates!

Cbos Tile

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in tile services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Asper, Inc.

How is Asper, Inc. overall rated?

Asper, Inc. is currently rated 3.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Asper, Inc. open?

Asper, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Asper, Inc. provide

Asper, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard

Does Asper, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Asper, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Asper, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Asper, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Asper, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Asper, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Asper, Inc.?

No, Asper, Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Asper, Inc. offer?

Asper, Inc. offers the following services: ACS is a licensed General Contractor CRC# 1327995, Plumbing Contractor CFC# 1428875, Roofing Contractor CCC# 1329650 and Home Inspection HI# 4688.