Alvarez Home Repairs LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2010

13101 Automobile Blvd

Clearwater, FL 33762

Enhance the look and value of your home or business with roofing services from Alvarez Home Repairs LLC in Clearwater, Florida. From residential to commercial services, we provide everything you need for the perfect roof.

05/03/2019

Jo R.

The work wasn't actually performed. A company representative did the review of the roof on 04/15/19 and emailed me an estimate on 04/16/19. I had a few questions and responded via email on 04/20/19. No response was received and I sent a follow up email on 04/24/19 - no response. I had previously reached out to this company on Yelp and was surprised to have received a request for a call to set up an estimate on 04/30/19. I let Alvarez Home Repairs, LLC know of what occurred and that I'd appreciate a response to my emails to which the company representative claimed to not have ever received my communications and that they would check with their rep. In addition, I had 2 other estimates done and both other companies identified that I would need an AC tent hood/house built for my AC (to bring my roof/AC up to code) - no mention of this was made by or included in the contract Alvarez Home Repairs, LLC forwarded me. For such a financial investment, any customer would want to ensure that there are clear lines of communication and based on my experience above, I would not recommend this company at this time.

Description of Work
Replacement of a flat roof of a townhouse

Happy to see one more bad review from someone I never did a job for, I work very hard to make all my customers happy, I honestly hate to see you unhappy and truly wish I had an opportunity to fix it. As my others reviews will show you, anyone I ever worked for has only positive feedback about my company.

08/27/2018

Larry P.

Received their quote and informed them they had the contract. Never heard from them for over a month even after numerous phone call messages. Finally received a call from office and was told they would come to my house to notarize the contract. Another 2 wks passed and no word from them. I finally emailed them and informed them the job was given to another company.

Description of Work
re roof a shingle roof

Hello, please be more detailed. You approved the estimate, we sent all documents to be signed and notarized. A month later you stopped the job process, because you hurt youself. Therefore you could not notarize documents. I offered to stop by with a notary, you expressed not being in a hurry. Considering, we were caring for my ill mother at the time. Shortly after we received a cancellation email, expressing you hired someone else. I do appolize for not being able to serve you, it was not without effort. Otniel Alvarez

07/04/2018

Gregory M.

7/2/2018. I had a roof leak issue on another home I own in Florida. Alvarez Home Repairs, LLC installed 2 roof for me in 2017. I again called on my "GO TO" roof company to get the job done correctly. Jay came out and looked at the roof (inside and out), took pictures and send me a written quote on what needed to be done to correct the leak and repair the roof damage. It was a fair quote, given the scope of the work to be done. Within a week later the roof was repaired, correctly, by Jay, himself. He sent me follow up photos as the work progressed, and he did a super job. The photos are attached. Thanks again Alvarez Home Repairs, LLC!

Description of Work
Roof valley leak repair

06/25/2018

Frank K.

We are extremely happy with Alvarez Home Repairs LLC. I called 3 weeks ago during the busy season. They were able to squeeze us in and they went outside their normal area to take care of our problem. The Technician quickly pointed out why we were seeing water seeping into our master bath. He removed the old plastic boot and replaced it with a lead one. All of the area was coated and sealed. Obviously, to match shingles after the Florida sun has been beating on them is difficult at best but, the shingles he brought were a near perfect match. Then, he performed a roof check and found a few areas that needed attention and took care of them as well. What else could you ask for. Very professional and a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Boot Repair To Plumbing Vent

04/23/2018

Tammy R.

Very professional. I would highly recommend!!!!

Description of Work
New Roof for our Home

04/17/2018

Chuck B.

It went well. There communication was excellent and our roof looks great. They did a complete tear off, even going to the point of removing (4) layers of two sections of flat roof. I needed to go up on the roof a few weekends ago and everything looked great. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof

03/09/2018

Matthew A.

Our home owner’s insurance company sent us a letter demanding we replace the flat portion of our roof because it was over 10 years old. After telling us we had a few months to complete the work, they sent a letter saying we had a few weeks to get it done or they’d not renew our policy. Alvarez was super responsive, was prompt, worked quickly and provided us with a great product. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replace the flat portion of our roof over the addition.

11/21/2017

Sallye T.

New roof was needed due to damage from Hurricane Irma. Alvarez Home Repairs provided excellent, prompt service and communication throughout the process. Omar, the sales representative from Alvarez, was available throughout the process to address any concerns and answer any questions that I had. Calls were returned promptly. I am sure this was an extremely busy time for the company but you would never know it from their customer service. The office staff were helpful too. My new roof looks great. I have even received compliments from my neighbors. This is a family company and I feel like they have treated me like family.

Description of Work
New Roof due to damage from Hurricane Irma

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind, kind words, all of us here at Alvarez Home Repairs really see all our customers as part of the family. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and anything you need in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know!

11/09/2017

Hayden C.

No issues whatsoever. I didn't have to call them back for anything. They came out,d did their job, very professional They were on time, cleaned up and everything. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They provided roof patching services.

10/09/2017

John J.

Jay did the quoting and repair work, very nice guy who was a professional. When I need a complete replacement they will be the first company I call.

Description of Work
Lost some ridge shingles due to Irma. Contacted many companies, most ignored the request. One company declined the job as too small. Another gave me an estimate and would put me on the schedule, two weeks later no idea when they would come. Alvarez took about one week to come out to quote, reasonable timing considering the circumstances. I accepted the quote and two days later the repair was completed in an excellent, professional manner. Jay took photos of the repair so I did not have to climb up on the roof to see what was done.

Thank you so much for you wonderful words. When you need us we will be here!

10/09/2017

Gregory M.

Excellent. Phenomenal. Hard working owner and crews.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

08/28/2017

Cynthia B.

Thank you, Thank you! If you are looking for a reliable, efficient and trustworthy roofing contractor, look no further! From start to finish, the entire process was completed with our best interests in mind. The price was great and Omar, Mr Alvarez and the entire staff and crew made sure our roof was completed in a timely manner since we had active leaks. I am so pleased we decided to use them. Our roof looks fantastic and the clean up was spectacular! A roof replacement is never a wanted event for a homeowner, but these guys made it much less painful for sure...even for perfectionists like us!

Description of Work
Roof replacement and tear off.

Thank you for your review, means a lot to us, we work hard to have happy customers. Your house looks amazing!!

08/09/2017

Hayden C.

Work personnel were within the time frame promised and it took less than 40 minutes. Yes, I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Gutter and roof inspection which I normally have done every two - three years and resealing around vents and skylight area.

06/12/2017

Frank R.

I did not accept their offer. They did not charge me for the quote. The quote was for $7200 and then another $2000 for a different section of the roof. I just chose a different company. They did fine, he explained everything to me. They were fine, they did a good job. It was too expensive and I had someone that could do it in the time frame I needed. I think their well qualified. They guy was really nice. What I was asking him was he had a house inspection, the inspector said I needed to replace the roof, but Alvarez said I only needed to repair so he gave me all the info I needed to negotiate to my buyer.

Description of Work
They gave us a quote for roofing.

06/07/2017

george K.

The owner arrived 3 hours later, we told him that there is a bubble at the dinning room ceiling, he found nothing wrong on the roof and he was done in twenty minutes, he said that roof inspections or repairs helps them so they can get a chance to get the job for replacing the whole roof. For our 2300 sq. ft. house that don't need new roof yet, he estimated $15,000 with shingles

Description of Work
Inspect and repair if any damages

05/22/2017

JeAnna B.

Love this company and their caring attitude!

Description of Work
New roof and repair

05/10/2017

Yan L.

The estimate came in quickly and will definitely consider work done with Alvarez!

Description of Work
I needed an estimate on roofing replacement for future financial planning. Roof is 20 years old and will need replacement in the near future.

04/18/2017

Michael B.

It was a good experience. I mean, I haven't used them yet; they quoted me but they seemed reasonable. It was a free quote. I plan on using them again already. For me, I had to get a quote and they did that, and they did it well. Essentially it was a fair estimate; I'm just not ready to do the project yet. I just wanted to know how much it will cost.

Description of Work
This was for a quote.

04/11/2017

Gregory M.

I can highly recommend Alvarez Home Repairs, LLC for roofing. As a retired contractor, I was looking for a roofing company which could meet or exceed the material and installation methods I am accustomed to, at a fair price. Bottom line, they exceeded my expectations. I have used CertainTeed roofing products on my jobs for many years, and wanted a CertainTeed trained and certified roofing contractor to do my jobs. Their company has invested in the training for their crews to be certified to the standards of being Select ShingleMaster installers. Beyond this, I wanted my installations to meet the standards of the CertainTeed Integrity Roof System, which requires the highest of materials and installation practices to qualify for the SureStart PLUS 5-STAR Warranty Coverage. This coverage cost a small amount extra, but, in my opinion, it is worth every penny of the cost and extends the factory warranty out many years on a non-prorated basis and is transferable to a new owner. In Florida, your roof system is very critical in protecting your investment. Otniel Alvarez and his crews are competent and capable. The process in dealing with them was seamless from my first interview, estimate, contract, commencement, permitting, installation, clean up, final county inspector approval and warranty registration. And, I am confident, if an issue should arises down the road, they will stand ready to resolve it. This is exactly what I was looking for in a reputable roofing contractor.

Description of Work
Tear off and re-roof end of life roofs

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, LET'S GO FISHING

03/16/2017

george K.

The owner came out, a little late, and was being delayed in the car by taking phone calls. He explained that he has 16 people working for him that he needs to guide. Was complaining that I lived too far away from the business. He only spent 25 minutes on my roof. He did not caulk the corners of the roof that a house inspector suggested to have fixed up, he said they just said it needed to be painted. He was getting calls every few minutes and I am not sure he even worked the entire time he was up there. I can tell there was no caulking on the corners of the roof.

Description of Work
I bought a big deal through this provider. $200 for a roof maintenance package.

HELLO SIR, SAD TO SEE HOW YOU WASN'T HAPPY. I SPENT ALMOST 2 HOURS DRIVING TO YOU AND ANOTHER ALMOST 2 HOURS DRIVING BACK, I CAULK ALL YOUR LEAD BOOTS, FIXED ALL YOUR EXPOSED NAILS, TOLD YOU ABOUT ISSUES THAT NEED TO BE FIX, EXPLAIN MUCH ABOUT YOUR ROOF, THOUGHT YOU WAS HAPPY BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG. YOUR MAINTENANCE WAS COMPLETED FOR $200.00, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT I CAN'T AFFORD TO DO WHAT I DID IN YOUR HOUSE AND STILL BE IN BUSINESS FOR THAT PRICE. I LOVE TO MAKE ALL MY CUSTOMERS HAPPY, I WORK VERY HARD TO DO SO, DRIVING TO AN AREA I DON'T SERVE SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR YOU TO APPRECIATE IT. WE HAD GOOD CONVERSATION AND I'M STILL HAPPY THAT I WAS ABLE TO HELP YOU. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN DO ANYTHING TO CHANGE YOUR MINE ABOUT MY COMPANY. 727-743-8297

02/05/2017

RENEE M.

We are very satisfied with our new roof... it has been a year ago since they have installed it and never had a problem. The Alvarez brothers were easy to work with and very responsive to any inquiries. Also, they took their time in explaining options for roofing materials. It was easy to schedule appointments and completed the job in no time. Overall, Excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

01/25/2017

Paul W.

Excellent, professional workmanship. Better than expected.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

12/27/2016

Kevin A.

Otneil was very responsive, and communication was great. I was out of town when work took place so he called me and even texted me updates. Otneil went over and above to accommodate me. Showed up when promised, started and completed the work exactly when promised. I also had 3rd party inspections performed, and Otneil helped coordinate the timing of the inspections. Truly cares about their work. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Complete removal and re-roof, dimensional asphalt shingles. Replace gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

12/09/2016

Justin G.

I spoke with them on 12/6/16 and set up an appointment for 12/8/16 at 4pm and not only did nobody show up but I did not even receive a phone call asking to reschedule or informing me that they can not make it out. Glad I left work early to sit around my house waiting for someone to show up. I refuse to work with any contractor that does not at least have the decency to reach out to me if they can't make an appointment.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Hello [Member Name Removed], we called you half hour before arrival and no one answered, we got there at 3 pm and no one was home, appointment was from 3 to 5, not at 4pm, you made an appointment for repairs and wasn't home to show us the problem, please make sure you are home next time you make an appointment as we can't leave bad reviews like you can. I'm just glad no one I ever done a job for has anything bad to say about my company. All my customers are very happy with our service, they overlook reviews like yours, thanks for giving us a chance to earn your business and I'm sorry for the inconvenience I may caused.

11/17/2016

Tom S.

Very well. The guys did a good job.

Description of Work
Installed seamless gutters.

Category gutter repair

Thanks for the opportunity to serve you again.

Cass Plumbing, Inc.

Cass Plumbing gives FREE Estimates with no trip charges. We are rated A Plus by the Better Business Bureau, and we give a $75 Visa Gift Card to all our paid customers. Even more, to show our appreciation for giving us your time to give you our FREE Estimate we also give you 3 FREE Florida Lotto(R) Tickets.

ACS Home Services

If you’re looking for a reliable HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical contractor in Tampa or anywhere in Hillsborough, Pasco, or Pinnellas County, turn to ACS Home Services. We are known for providing red carpet service to both residential and commercial customers. Backed by over 60 years of collective experience, we ensure a job done right every time with 100% satisfaction guaranteed. From general heating and air conditioning repairs to replacements and new installations, the company’s team of experts can help. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including the holidays for any emergency heating or cooling or electrical. Call now to schedule an appointment. We truly care about the community we serve and want nothing more than your complete comfort and satisfaction.

Offers by ACS Home Services on Angi
    Tampa Bay Plumbers LLC

Tampa Bay Plumbers is a 24hr service company that specializes in residential plumbing and septic work. Our technicians have been working in plumbing and septic for at least 10 years, and many are coming up on 10 years with our company! See for yourself why we are such a trusted service provider on Angie's List. We never compromise our integrity and work very hard to make our customers problems go away forever. Honesty, dependability, and integrity are words we live by here at Tampa Bay Plumbers. In addition to providing emergency plumbing and septic service, we handle many sewer and water line repairs, including trench-less technologies and CCTV inspection. Our primary service areas include Hillsborough, Pasco, Hernando, Pinellas, and Polk Counties for plumbing and septic service. TBP takes great care and pride in providing the best customer service possible. Regardless of your plumbing or septic problem, Tampa Bay Plumbers can fix it. We have the finest equipment to help with the job the first time. Our pump truck with 2600 gallon tank can pump any septic tank or lift station. We use a Harben or US Jetter for cleaning and restoring drain lines to their original condition. The TV inspection equipment we use can view lines from 1.5 inch up to 12 inch and can be used to locate lines underground. In the last 10 years we have taken a special interest in installing liners. The system involves re-lining the insides of old, failing pipes without the need to dig up your house or yard. Please call our customer service office at 813-PLUMBER for more details about any of our Award winning products and services. Service area not covered: Manatee & Sarasota County are not in our service area.

CCC1330313
    State of Florida
    State Of Florida
    08/31/2016
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal Available

Tile Roof. Metal Roof. Flat Roof. Roof Repairs. Shingles.