Macgirl Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since March 2011

880 Mandalay Ave

Clearwater Beach, FL 33767

Macgirl Websites & Tech Support. After 20 years of supporting websites - we are happy to introduce a new service which SUPPORTS PEOPLE. Our SENIOR-FRIENDLY TECH SUPPORT helps people set up and navigate their life on line. If you have family members who call you up for help whenever they forget a password, or a username, or can't get into their email, or pay a bill on line.... call Macgirl and find out how we can help. And yes, we still make websites lovable! Macgirl still designs, manages and advertises professional, customer friendly websites. We build new sites; we fix and update old sites, we make websites more lovable, more usable, more accessible to your customers and clients. More and more business owners call us when they can no longer work with or communicate with their designers. We have helped businesses re-claim their domains from unscrupulous or absentee web developers. We monitor, secure, maintain your web site, analyze and improve website traffic, extend customer reach and teach you about social media. We love helping people represent their businesses better. Let us show you how to make your website part of your customer service! Make your website lovable by calling MACGIRL at 866-MAC-GIRL or 727-204-7134...

06/29/2017

John K.

Best experience I have ever had with a web designer. She was efficent, professional, courteous, delivered on time and worked within my budget. I am extremely satisfied and would recommend her to all.

Description of Work
I needed a new website designed for my business.

05/01/2017

mark H.

I'm not always the most computer savvy person and she exhibited great patience with this, was never condescending and was always happy to explain.

Description of Work
We needed a new website for our business, Arborist Aboard. Macgirl was referred to us by our neighbors and also local business owners who Macgirl had already completed a website for and was currently assisting with their Google advertising campaign. As you can see from the grades above she hit her marks throughout the process. In addition to that, she seems to take an interest in her customers and really is concerned about their product and happiness with it but not afraid to throw her technical skills and personal touch to it. We needed some guidance and together came up with a site that I feel conveyed the message and look that we were going for as a company. You can check it out at arboristaboard.com. With our site, Facebook and Twitter pages about wrapped up, which she also started and built for us, we are excited to start our next chapter with Macgirl with our Google advertising campaign.

03/02/2017

Mark H.

Macgirl (Eve) did a great job of listening to my needs and explaining the process and how she could assist. We talked at great length by the end of the conversation, I was happy to know that I found the partner to assist us with our website and online advertising campaign.

Description of Work
I was looking to restart my website and incorporate some online advertising with it.

09/22/2016

Deron T.

What a blessing it was to find Macgirl through Angies List. She didn't push anything on us and simply listened to our concerns, ideas, and overall business model. After a couple phone calls and "brainstorming" with Macgirl we decided to design a completely new site. She has excellent listening and communication skills. On top of that just a fantastic and creative web designer. We have already had numerous customers call us to comment how much they enjoy navigating through our site. Macgirl suggested a new theme for our site which is absolutely perfect for our family business. I can't say enough good words to express how fortunate we feel to have established on ongoing business relationship with Macgirl. She will be hosting our site and implementing an SEO and Adwords campaign so we can continue to distinguish ourselves in a market full of competition. We highly recommend contacting Macgirl, you won't be sorry.

Description of Work
Our business has been family owned and operated since 1933 so we have had many experiences with multiple web site and hosting companies. We needed to revamp our existing site to make it more appealing and user friendly. In addition we needed help with our SEO and Adwords campaign.

04/27/2016

A C.

11/06/2015

Gail H.

Mac girl responded immediately to my request. She got to work right away and kept working into the night. She didn't waste any time. Communication was excellent and she got the job done that I needed.

Description of Work
She fixed some issues with my existing website.

01/28/2015

Grace C.

I called Macgirl out of pure desperation. I had gotten BURNED by my previous web designer. I should have checked his background before I sent him my money, but he was responsive and his website looked great. Little did I know he was using other businesses images and designs and passing them off as his own. I had already wasted 2 months of my time trying to get him to finish what I would assume to be a fairly simple Wordpress website. After releasing him from his contract, I was left with an unfinished website that I didn't even have access to. I panicked and called Eve (Macgirl), who assures me that she could not only get into the site, but fix it altogether. Not only that, but she did it in a week (she also told me that this website should have been up in max 2 weeks, there was no reason the other designer couldn't have gotten it done). I am so pleased with her work and professionalism. I'm not the easiest client, I have lots of questions and can lack patience, but she realized that it was only because I was in serious need to be up and operating, and that my business depended on it. I can't thank her enough, and I even months later I still get emails inquiring about if I have any further questions, or to let me know there is a new update available on WordPress. If you have been burned like I was, please, I beg you, don't give up! Give Eve and her expertise a try. You will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
Finished building my website and fixed mistakes by previous web designer

Category web designers, graphic designers

08/12/2014

Ed S.

Our work with Yifat is ongoing so I cannot provide an end date of service. Outstanding professional in every possible regard. Excellent set of core competencies coupled with strong awareness of the ever-changing internet and SEO environments. Great with plugins, overcoming issues caused by prior consultants, and strategic analysis of SEO stats. Yifat delivers a ton of value when her fees and productivity are measured together.

Description of Work
Website and SEO consulting, website and plugin updates, page redesign and enhancement, set up blog, blog posting, LinkedIn posting, secure file uploader implementation, strategic planning, fixing broken stuff, SPAM prevention, archive pages for news and blog, new drop-down menus, new front-page scrolling banner for news, testimonials page, newsletter consulting and ramp up

04/03/2014

Colby G.

This is what happened and how MACGIRL came to the rescue.... I hired a company in May of 2012 to start SEO on our existing website. In the process, they convinced me that Word Press would get me better rankings, etc... therefore they converted the website to Word Press, then began SEO on a monthly basis. By October of 2012 I was really unhappy as I had paid about $3500 to date but I was not receiving any phone calls or new business from my site, therefore, I cancelled the ongoing SEO. On March 20 of 2014 I received an invoice via e-mail for $120 for webhosting from the company I hired for SEO in 2012. I e-mailed them and asked if it was an error.... they said no, I had agreed to have them host my website and for continued service I needed to pay the $120 or they could convert is back to my previous webhost for fee. I chewed on that for about a week.....(1.) I had hired them for SEO - and didn't get ROI (2.) I tried contacting them to build a portal I had needed a few month earlier - but received no response 3.) I hadn't agreed to have them host my website .... what to do .... I didn't want to give THEM any more money...... that's when I thought "I NEED MACGIRL". She had built the portal I needed - FAST and EFFICIENTLY! She can put our website back on our webhost! I reached out to her on Friday March 28th at 4:30 pm via e-mail. She responded within an hour...... and guess what.... that lousy company had DISABLED my website (really it had been 8 days since I received the bill) ...MACGIRL discovered the issue. She worked the weekend through and was able to reconstruct a portion of the website - enough that my customers could pay us for services rendered and that we had something in place if someone was looking for us on the web. WOW - what a lifesaver. Over the weekend and on Monday via e-mail and phone conversations both Eve and I tried to communicate with the lousy company to get the website back ... but to no avail, they hijacked my darn website.....gave us false log in information, etc. So here is where we are on Thursday, April 3rd.... MACGIRL is building us a bran spanking new website! She has been able to reconstruct a lot of data from the archives and it is really looking good .... please go see for yourself at www.pestcss.com. I highly recommend MACGIRL.... she is easy to work with, fast, efficient, responsive and just darn good at her craft!

Description of Work
Macgirl came to the rescue - AGAIN!

01/07/2014

Colby G.

FRANKLY WE WERE DESPERATE BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS TO HAVE A HUGE (LAST MINUTE) ISSUE FIXED SO WE COULD LAUNCH OUR CLOUD BASED SERVICES ON 1/2/14. I TRIED MY USUAL "GO TO WEB GUYS" WITHOUT RESPONSE. I FINALLY CALLED MACGIRL AND THROUGH A FEW CUMMUNICATIONS SHE HAD IT UP AND RUNNING WITHIN HOUR. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED! MACGIRL REALLY CAME THROUGH FOR US EVEN THOUGH WE HAD NEVER DONE BUSINESS WITH HER BEFORE. WE WILL MOST DEFINETLY BE CALLING IN THE FUTURE TO HAVE MORE (NEEDED BUT NOT DESPERATE) WORK DONE ON OUR WEBSITE. MACGIRL IS OUR NEW "GO TO GIRL"!

Description of Work
MACGIRL ADDED A LINK TO OUR WEBSITE FOR A CLOUD BASED CUSTOMER PORTAL.

06/20/2013

gilyar K.

Great Job MAC GIRL!!! I love my new business cards. Colors and lettering- sharp and very catchy. Keep getting compliment every time passing my cards. Need to say that paper is very nice too- very strong and durable. Very recommended Web Designer!!! Thanks Eve.

Description of Work
New design for my business cards.

01/22/2013

Dena and Stuart B.

Because she contacted my web designer directly, she was able to get important information that was needed to perform the task that was requested by me. She has wonderful social skills and was able to obtain information from him that he was unwilling to provide to me. She is wonderful to work with because she LISTENS to her customer and when you are trying to express your design needs, it is of vital importance that someone is capable of listening and willing to take guidance without feeling threatened. She is extremely gifted and wonderful to work with. I look forward to our continued relationship as the website develops.

Description of Work
I contacted Eve to take over our business website from someone else. Because I did not know the logistics of the transaction process from one person to another, she offered to contact the person in charge of the website. They communicated by phone and email so that my website could be transferred easily. This was extremely helpful to me that she offered to step in, communicate directly with him and handle matters directly.

06/05/2012

Peter R.

Affter our first meeting I was surprised by internet Mac girl had in our project. She was very enthusiastic it showed in her work and timelines. Excellent job.

Description of Work
We hired Macgirl to help out our law firm develop, implement, and launch our website. We had originally hired a different company who did a poor job. Macgirl was able to fix the problems ad help us understand the process.

01/07/2012

Michael K.

I had a need to promote music CD's and received a referral for this web designer. The process started with an interview so they could find out what I was looking for. During the interview process the web designer had ideas that I hadn't anticipated. After the implementation of the website the sales of CD's skyrocketed. The biggest feature was the integration of text and videos I had placed on you tube. They placed links on the website to the youtube channels. I was particularly impressed with the proposal for the strategic design of a website for each CD separately with each having its own storyline. The second project was for a blog that was easily accessible for me as well as easy to update. The functionality fit my needs and exceeded my expectations. I was particularly impressed with the link to the search engines, because I received more traffic than I had anticipated. This web design company provided a one stop shop for me. They did the planning, development and continue to maintain the information for me.

Description of Work
I have used this company two times for web design and marketing strategy.

12/11/2011

Suzanne P.

My web designer "fired" me because I was considered too picky and demanding. So, I set off on a quest to find a new designer. My product, wood flooring installation and finishing, is upscale and needs to be showcased as such in order to differentiate me from my competitors. I consider my website to be the perfect medium to display my high quality work and products and , to attract those who want what I offer. My site must communicate my brand quickly and clearly. It must repel those who are looking for bargain brands so that my time (and the caller's) is not wasted. So, my site must be beautiful and precise. I looked at many websites of many web designers and out of the couple hundred in my area, I called 4, based on the appeal of their sites. The first quoted me a rediculous price to do very little work. He did not seem like he had any interest in me or in my company's success. The second was quite friendly, took my information and said that his designer would get back to me. Never happened. The third used a program that search engines do not favor. Then, I spoke with Eve at Macgirl and knew from our first conversation that she fully understood what I wanted to acheive and would deliver it. As it turned out, she knew more about what I wanted than I did! She pointed out inconsistencies in the site that I had never noticed (for example, sub-headings that were wildly different from page to page) and offered solutions that would look perfect and increase the flow and retention on my site. . As we put together the new pages, I became aware of how messy my old site was and was embarrassed by it! She speedily got the new one up and running. My friends who previewed it (all members of my targeted public) were very impressed by the new site, especially my portfolio which is the most important section of my site, and agreed that the improvement was immense. I feel like I did the day I launched my company's first website- excited and full of enthusiam and hope.

Description of Work
My website was redesigned, making it more streamlined, consistent & easy to use.

03/11/2011

Angelique B.

It is really nice website and I have received a lot complements. I teach zumba and hula hoop dance. She is very creative, and came up with great ideas. It was very professionally done. She went above and beyond. She didn't charge me for every little detail.

Description of Work
She created my website. It was a flash based website and I have not seen anything like it on the internet. It includes a photo gallery, schedule, blog, contact information, bio, and video.

Category web designers, graphic designers