A J Masonry And Cement Inc

With Angi since September 2007

13349 Chambord St

Brooksville, FL 34613

A J Masonry And Cement Inc...

05/01/2015

Lucille C.

I contacted Shawn Franz, owner of the company to give me an estimate to build an enclosed lanai. Shawn arrived promptly, as scheduled. He was suppose to get back to me in a few days with an estimate. After one week passed, I called the office and Shawn was not in but was expected to be in shortly. I left my name, address and phone number for Shawn to contact me when he got in. That was over 2 weeks ago and he still did not call me. If the job was too big for him to do, a phone call would have been appreciated.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category sunrooms

09/17/2014

Kevin B.

not good they kept trying to cut corners. the inspector came out several times and found things wrong. no rebar no compaction test no screen mesh. the inspector said they have had problems with this company. there are holes in the cement,,have called to have fixed but no response they have our money and that is that.

Description of Work
Poured an extention to the driveway

04/23/2012

charles M.

I thought they were very efficient and I also believe they were very reasonable. They were on time. They were very professional. I would definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used A.J. Masonry & Cement for some cement work on my house.

07/18/2011

Alissa A.

I was a little surprised at how long it took for the estimate to be complete and sent to me by email. I waited almost two weeks. The estimate was over twice as much as a general contractor quoted me (I assume because of expertise) and about $500 less than a construction company I contacted. I assumed the price was fair and reasonable. Then I looked at the fine print. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CRACKS IN CONCRETE I contacted the company for clarification and inquired about recourse should the concrete crack due to an improper mix. The communication is below. On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Customer wrote: I am very interested in having this work completed as soon as possible. I am concerned about the statement in the contract that you are and quot;NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CRACKS IN THE CONCRETE.and quot; There should be no cracks in the concrete unless it is mixed or poured incorrectly. How can your company not be responsible for this? On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:05 AM, and lt;ajmasonryandcement@gmail.comand gt; wrote: This has been on our contracts for over 20 years....We are not responsible for mixing the concrete, and finishing it does not cause it to crack...We have put this on our contracts just in case there are cracks... On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Customer wrote: So who mixes the concrete and what recourse do I have if it is done incorrectly? On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM, and lt;ajmasonryandcement@gmail.comand gt; wrote: I'm sorry, but we suggest you find someone else to do your job...Thank-You for giving us the opportunity to bid on it. This is not the way to gain business or a reputation for quality workmanship and customer service.

Description of Work
I removed a hot tub from my screen enclosed lanai. This left a hole of approximately 8 feet in diameter in the cement patio. I asked A.J. Masonry & Cement to provide an estimate for filling the hole and capping is with 4 inches of concrete to closely match the existing concrete surface. In addition, I requested a two step concrete stair from the ground level to the Lanai door.

09/29/2010

HARRY S.

Our experience with them was excellent. They did god work, cleaned up and gave us a good price.

Description of Work
We used A.J Masonry & Cement this month and they put in acrylic windows on our porch.

Category replacement windows

06/11/2010

ROSENDO C.

Signed contract on 5/5/2010. Work completed 6/11/2010. Shawn is very personable and his crew are very easy to work with. Shawn made a suggestion about the door placement which turned out better than our idea. AJ had the best price in town. I highly recommend them. Some estimates were as high as $10,000 for the same work.

Description of Work
Pull permit, remove sod, level ground, cut swale, build forms for slab, footer, termite pre-treat, outdoor pads (3 x 4 & 5 x 7), steel reinforced hot tub grid (8' x 8' x 6"), pour and finish fiber mesh concrete, build 0.030 composite aluminum screened porch (23 x 16) & (17 x 4) 2 doors, 16" kick-plate, 1 fan beam with 2 x 25' of electrical cable, gutters, fascia & downspouts.

Category concrete repair, masonry, sunrooms

Ridge Top Exteriors LLC

Our team members have the training and experience required to deliver top-notch home remodeling services. We answer your calls promptly, show up on schedule for all jobs and get the job done to specification at the first attempt. That is why we provide lifetime warranties on labor for all our projects. This has enabled us to develop an excellent reputation within the communities where we offer our services. Now, you can also enjoy the same commitment, dedication, professionalism and customer care when you call on us for roofing, siding, windows or gutters! When upgrading your home exteriors, we understand there are two things are that are important, a perfect installation and price! Ridge Top Exteriors is happy to offer both to homeowners like you.

Offers by Ridge Top Exteriors LLC on Angi
    YETI Construction Inc

Tampa Bay's #1 Residential and Commercial Contractor, specialist in Kitchen & Bathroom renovations, Windows and Additions. YETI Construction brings Quality Craftsmanship, Cleanliness, and clear Communication to your door. We take pride in striving to understand each and every one of our clients' needs throughout the construction process. A remodel and renovation can sometimes feel daunting, but the entire YETI Team helps clients feel stress-free throughout process. We provide FREE in home consultations and FREE estimate proposals. YETI Construction is fully licensed and insured construction firm. State License #CBC1259927

Sunbelt Home Solutions