Terry's Tree Service of SW FL LLC

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2010

4304 Lorraine Rd

Bradenton, FL 34211

We are the "Tree Educators." We have five ISA Certified Arborists on staff. In order to keep our certification we are constantly attending classes to keep current. Our goal is to preserve your trees if at all possible. We are licensed in the City of Bradenton and the City of Sarasota. We have commercial liability insurance and workers compensation insurance and are happy to have those certificates sent directly from our agents....

08/19/2020

Charles B.

Great job. Cleaned up perfectly when done. Real professionals.

Description of Work
Thinned out a hedge of over grown areca palms.

07/18/2018

Dennis D.

Scheduled service visit for between 1-2PM. Waited until 3 PM. Called office and was put on hold while they were investigating the situation. Call was disconnected on the office end. I called the office back and was told the service provider was not notified of the service visit due to software problem. I declined to reschedule service.

Description of Work
Tree service

Category tree service

We appreciate Mr [Member Name Removed]'s time and are so sorry for the mix up. We have installed new software and are in the process of getting adjusted. As explained at the time he was scheduled his appointment did not appear in the Sales Arborist calendar. We have since discovered the issue and it shouldn't happen again. The Sales Arborist could have arrived later in the day had Mr [Member Name Removed]'s schedule allowed. The fee for the Plant Health Care visit would have been waived had I had the opportunity to further the conversation. Customer service has always been our priority for the past 32 years. We apologize for any inconvenience. Julie McKamey

07/09/2018

Richard C.

When Chris came out to quote job he took a great deal of time to explain what should and what should not be cut and why. When the 4 man crew with 2 trucks arrived on time the crew leader walked around with me and discussed what would be cut. The crew worked quickly and safely protecting both my roof and AC unit that were under the large oak from any damage. They did an excellent cleanup job with both blowers and rakes and were very professional at all times.

Description of Work
Trimmed very large oak tree from neighbors yard that hangs over my roof and cleared branches from tree interfering with power drop to house.

05/16/2018

Tracy P.

fantastic job. tree's were in a very difficult location to get to and remove. no issues or damage. work done on time and all debris removed

Description of Work
removed 3 very large laurel oaks

04/10/2018

D'Ann W.

I have used other tree services but Terry's is by far the best. Prices were competitive, but more important their professionalism was a cut above. The 6 man crew came in four pieces of equipment and worked for several hours, removing a large oak tree and grinding the roots. They had to deal with water and verizon lines, and were very careful. They left the job clean and ready for sod. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Large Oak removed, stump ground

03/14/2018

Jeffery A.

The whole process was cumbersome. Communication between us and Terry’s was very poor and they were not the least bit accommodating. We felt like we were debating an attorney instead of dealing with a service company. We were unhappy with the initial result and paid them an additional $450.00 to come back and do additional trimming even though we felt like they didn’t do what we requested the first time.The appearance of the tree is bad. We are out of town owners and did everything via email and telephone. When we came out to look at their work four months after the fact we were even more disappointed. We would not recommend them.

Description of Work
Trim large ficus tree in the backyard of our rental property

Category tree service

We made every effort to improve the outcome, we regret that we were not able to satisfy this customer.

02/01/2018

Joy M.

IT DIDN'T. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! DON'T RECOMMEND! WE WERE LIED TO!

Description of Work
Originally came out end of Sept. 2017 after Hurricane. We were concerned how it affected our Starfruit Tree. We followed advice given, Terry said to call back after Starfruit Tree done blooming for selective pruning.. Called after holidays, scheduled an appt. for Feb. 2 for estimate. Received call from company today, owner out if town for 2 weeks at tree conference, and they needed to push estimate appt. back for 2 weeks. When I inquired when actual work would be done, advised end of March 2018. BY THEN THE TREE WILL BE BLOOMING AGAIN...WHAT THE ****! I am beyond furious at this poor customer service and I hung up on the caller.

Category tree service

We are reaching out to this customer privately to address this issue and will be mailing a refund check for the visit. We have since changed personnel since this happened. Thank you for your patience.

11/13/2017

James D.

Couldn't have been better....reasonably priced, professional job...would dladly hire again ...Thank you Terry...

Description of Work
Came to my home..checked out location of gas, electric, sprinkler lines...removed a dead palm...grinded stump, raked and cleaned up the yard...gave advice as to where and when to plant replacing shrubs...

10/30/2017

Tina H.

Very well. I put N/A for good price because I didn't anything to compare it to. I didn't get other quotes,

Description of Work
Trim and clean up oak trees filled with moss, dead limbs and vines.

10/18/2017

George S.

Went very well, arrived with a lot of equipment and people and did it all in 1 day. Cleaned up everything nicely. Provided referral for stump removal and that went well too. Wanted stump removed instead of ground because of wiring and plumbing beneath the trees roots which were torn up when the tree blew over.

Description of Work
Remove a 60ft tall by 60ft diameter Ficus tree blown down by hurricane Irma

09/29/2017

Joy M.

Great. We thought it would have to be taken down, but Terry advised about fertilizing, and we are having them come back in 6 to 8 weeks to do selective pruning, and hopefully be able to save the tree. It bears so much good fruit, we'd hate to lose it. He also gave fertilizer advice on a palm tree. He was friendly, professional and prompt.

Description of Work
A Starfruit tree was leaning after Hurricane went thru.

07/18/2017

Nancy L.

If I could give them A+++ I would! These people are pros from start to finish! Joshua came 3 weeks ago to assess the roots from a Royal Poinciana tree that were threatening the house foundation. Chad came as scheduled this morning, not only on time, but a little early. He was polite, kind and reassuring. Terry and the rest of the crew showed up shortly after. Terry and Chad both went above and beyond the agreed upon work, just to make sure everything was to my satisfaction and nothing was left behind that might be in question. The work was done quickly and efficiently. They knocked on the door 2x to show me what they were doing so I would see the progress and understand it. When they left, much to my amazement, I could hardly tell anything had been done. The property was completely put back together! I highly recommend these people if you need something done properly. There may be cheaper tree people out there, but I’ll stick with Terry’s for my next job!

Description of Work
Air Spade and Prune Tree Roots

05/11/2017

James V.

Two large stumps needed to be removed. They sent a large crew and got it done quickly and professionally. I paid a little extra to have the wood chips removed so it was taken care of and my yard was very clean when they left.

Description of Work
Stump removal.

04/11/2017

Barbara C.

Very well, we've used them before and will again. Very professional

Description of Work
Removed diseased oak tree. Very well

01/31/2017

Thomas T.

The job was difficult to do because of the fencing but they were able to get all the trees cut and they carted everything away without doing any damage to the fencing .

Description of Work
Needed trees taken down that were between two fences and two large trees trimmed

06/25/2016

Dana B.

I contacted Terry's after reading their stellar reviews on Angie's List. I requested a certified arborist to evaluate a large Schefflera tree that could threaten the foundation of the house. Marcel arrived, listened to our concerns, evaluated the situation and gave us some options. Ultimately, the decision was made to remove the tree to avoid potential problems in the future. The quote also included the price to trim a second Schefflera tree in the front and a smaller tree in the rear of the house. On the day of the service appointment, Matt & Chris came out and spoke with my Mom and me about what work was to be done, how it would be accomplished, and any potential issues that may arise. It was not an easy removal because it was a VERY large Schefflera tree within 7 feet of my Mom's house and right next to her concrete front patio. But they accomplished the work with minimal disruption to the patio and ground the stump down to a small hump. They covered it up so well and we were very pleased with how it looked after the removal. They also did a great job on trimming the second Schefflera and the small Maho tree in the back. They were courteous, professional, knowledgeable, and cleaned up everything after the job. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. We will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They removed a VERY large Schefflera tree very close to the house and trimmed a second large Schefflera and a small Maho tree.

05/19/2016

Michael R.

Both times everyone from the estimator to the office staff were extremely courteous and professional. They were also very accommodating and patient in scheduling around other work we were having done. I can't recommend them enough. In fact, I also had them go over and do work at my parent's house. Oaks were trimmed and some very overgrown and dead trees were removed.

Description of Work
Terry's Tree Service has been out to my house twice in the past six weeks. The first was to trim a long line of live oaks on one side of the property and then to remove 2 Brazilian Pepper Trees that were entangled in the above ground phone lines.

04/21/2016

BARRY D.

I called Terry's tree service because they did a job at another home in our neighborhood and I liked the look of their work. They have arborists on staff that come out to make estimates and help you determine what type of trimming is best for your trees. The estimate for the work I asked them to do was very reasonable and in line with other estimates from other providers. On the day the work was scheduled they called before coming out to let me know when they would be there. They arrived on time and were friendly and courteous. They worked efficiently and actually went above and beyond what I had expected. If I could give the men who worked in my yard a higher rating than just an A rating I would. I was more than pleased; more like amazed at the result when they were finished. Actually I feel like I didn't pay them enough for the work they did. They even went above and beyond my expectations when they did the clean up after the work. They not only picked up the leaves and branches, but raked my whole yard! I don't even go that far when I am doing my own yard work. Before leaving they thanked me and made sure I was happy with the work they did. They were the most pleasant and polite young men. I will definitely use Terry's Tree service in the future and I highly recommend it to anyone in the Bradenton, Sarasota area that need tree work in their yard. A++++

Description of Work
Tree trimming, tree removal

04/11/2016

RICHARD K.

see above. in this day and age of competition, it's a pleasure to use a firm who shows up on time and performs the job the way it was proposed. i would use them again.

Description of Work
their job was to trim down some very tall washingtonian palms. they quoted me a price, arrived on time and performed their task in a very professional,polite and efficient manner. all equipment was new. it was done in a hour and cleaned up very nicely.

04/08/2016

Scott D.

The whole operation was well done. My call for an estimate was promptly returned and a reasonably close date established. The estimate was a walk around my property identifying areas of concern and helpful suggestions what on an approach. A reasonable price was given and accepted. A scheduler called and we set a date that would work for me. Everything was very cordial and professional. The crew showed up on the set date on time ready to go. Because of the space limitations these guys had to climb these trees, no bucket truck. What a professional crew! They seem to talk through what they were going to do. All trees were trimmed as agreed with no property damage, on mine or the neighbors fence. It didn't end there, these guys proceeded to clean up the job. There didn't seem to be a twig left after cleaning the property and road in front. Absolutely this group is part of the best of the best. You want professional work done on your property, I highly recommend these guys.

Description of Work
The crew was to trim 8 hugh oak trees off the roof of my house. General cleaning of dead limbs and stubs in those trees. Some stubs hung over the neighbor's fence.

03/25/2016

Esther L.

Very professional, good clean up, on time very quiet. Would gladly use again.

Description of Work
Tree trimming & removal.

03/03/2016

Christie A.

Perfect job by four of the nicest guys you could hope for. They were polite, hard working, knowledgeable, and thorough. Truly top of the line service.

Description of Work
I had many things done...trees removed and stumps ground down, huge Oak trees hanging over my roof were trimmed way back, other trees trimmed back, entire yard cleaned after they did their work.

02/22/2016

HILARY J.

Great. After initial call, someone came on time on a scheduled day to give me an estimate. I was happy with the estimate, and agreed to have the work done. They contacted me to schedule a day to do the work. On that day, they arrived and removed the tree without causing any damage to anything in the immediate area. Everything was taken away. No complaints at all.

Description of Work
Removed large dead sabal palm.

10/28/2015

Kathy D.

It was great, they broke everything down in terms I could understand. They provided suggestions for tree care and cost if I wanted to trim and clean up my trees. Exactly what I wanted...

Description of Work
They came out and reviewed the condition of my trees..

10/23/2015

Dave L.

It took quite a while from time we got the proposal to actually getting the work done, someone was on vacation, bla, bla, bla. But we were in no hurry. 8/25 - Estimate Taken 8/26 - Proposal sent and Approved by me 9/1 - Received an email that the work was scheduled for 10/2 10/2 - work was performed I gave "Responsiveness and Punctuality" bad grades due to the fact it took over a month to get the work done. Again, we were not in a hurry but wouldn't give those areas good grades with that type of a timeline. Should have questioned the Pygmy palms cost, seems high ($20) since the foxtails are $11.6666667, yes really 11.6666667. Also, aesthetically the Oaks look horrible- Thank god they'll grow back. Pygmy Palms - Front yard. Trim 9-3 and remove seed pods - QTY 3 @ 20.00 Foxtail Palms - Front yard. Trim 9-3 and remove seed pods. Roof clearance 3' - Qty 3 @ 11.6666667 Live Oaks - Back yard. Remove lowest layer of branches - 2 @ 87.50 Live Oaks - Back yard. "Top by 25-30%" - 2 @ 87.50 I wasn't at the house when they performed the work or would have mentioned that "trim the branches so they don't touch the pool cage" means cut them so they don't touch the pool cage. Im trimming them myself because they didn't. The invoice came via email and went right to my junk mail folder. Just now cleaning the folder and noticed a "Second Notice" email. I guess I expected a mailed invoice, thats how every other vendor in this category works. At least the ones I've used. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather deal with a technical solution then a human for the payment process! However, you can view the invoice online but you need to call them to pay? 10/5 - first email on invoice - Straight to junk mail 10/23 - second email on invoice - agin straight to junk (called them and left message on their answering machine to call me for payment)

Description of Work
Seeded, Trimmed and topped Oaks & Palms

Category tree service

Thank you [Member name removed] for your review. We apologize that you had a negative experience. We appreciate every customer and strive to exceed their expectations. We are grateful to have so many trust us with their tree service needs that at times it takes a few weeks before we have the pleasure of completing their work. Fox tails are normally not trimmed except when some fronds are growing into roofs/structures, hence the lower price. We do not top live oaks, we decrease their height with proper reduction cuts. When small/young live oaks are topped (besides being visually unpleasant) they react by producing a large number of weakly attached branches. ISA Certified Arborists are usually called after one or more of this type of trimming, which permanently disfigure live oaks. Depending on the severity of the trimming an ISA Certified Arborist may find it necessary to dramatically reduce (or top some branches) to begin the restoration process. Had we known you were unhappy we would have taken steps to remedy the situation. We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer service and have updated our invoicing procedures. Please feel free to contact the office and we will schedule a return visit to trim the branches close to your pool cage. Regards, Julie McKamey Owner/Office Manager