Lisa Connors Husbands For Hire LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2006

311 62nd St W

Bradenton, FL 34209

Husbands For Hire is a remodeling, maintenance, handyman service company. No job is too small. No 2 jobs are ever the same. My husband, Paul and I do 90% of the work ourselves!...

12/24/2017

Bill B.

It's a long story because we became personal friends for a while. There were some jobs that they took on when they really didn't have the expertise to complete the job correctly.

Description of Work
Several handyman things

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows

11/22/2017

Bill B.

b-board was used instead of aluminum and the roof has always leaked. Now the wood is rotting and needs to come down.

Description of Work
building a porch across the front of the house.

Category decks, handyman service

12/12/2016

David K.

Difficult to contact and basically unresponsive. He was always friendly.

Description of Work
Asked to repair wall. He stated he was coming several times and never showed up. Also, on call for storm window instillation, Did not need him for this.

10/07/2016

Eric B.

They showed up as scheduled and took details, promising an estimate. I did not hear back for at least several days. When I called back, Lisa said they had not sent an estimate because she did not think I would be willing to pay their estimate, based on a bid they lost with me a year ago. She would not even say what her estimate was. The previous bid was for completely differnent work on a different house. Will never call again.

Description of Work
New front door install and enlarge closet opening and add doors

10/01/2016

Ellen K.

Never heard back from them after an Angie's List inquiry.

Description of Work
Sent a message via Angie's List based on positive reviews. Never heard back from them.

08/23/2016

Bill P.

It went very well! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
They repaired my mailbox, installed towel rack in my bathroom & put together a file cabinet.

07/19/2016

Paul P.

They were very friendly and personable, and I felt comfortable in my house. However, there was a lack of experience. The curtain rods kept falling.

Description of Work
They installed curtain rods for me twice. The third time the rods fell, they stopped returning my calls.

04/13/2016

Megan A.

They came within the week of my inquiry and took care of the work quickly. The price was reasonable and I was happy with the experience overall.

Description of Work
Did the job well and quickly. Were pleasant and honest.

12/23/2015

Pam L.

Very prompt, professional, friendly and efficient. Very fair price.

Description of Work
Installed bathroom exhaust fan and ventilation.

10/19/2015

Pamela W.

Never received the email. I waited another full week and called. Husband answered, said wife left phone in his truck,he was the only one doing the work, very busy and would have wife call me because she had the paperwork. Never heard from anyone again.

Description of Work
Arrived late for the appointment, said they could do the job and promised an email proposal by the end of the week.

Category handyman service

Hi Angie's list CSR, This is not exactly what happened but without getting into the step by step details, may I just say, we cannot work in the condition this condo was in. Please remove this from my reviews. Thank you, Lisa Lisa Connors Husbands For Hire LLC (941) 726-2525

10/13/2015

Linda C.

Never returned my call

Description of Work
NOTHING, WE HAD A LIST OF JOBS TO DISCUSS. I CALLED ON MONDAY MORNING AND LEFT MESSAGE. IT IS NOW FRIDAY AT NOON AND THEY NEVER CALLED. NOT PROFESSTIONAL AT ALL. WILL NOT LEAVE MESSAGE AGAIN. WE WILL FIND SOMEOME ELSE THAT WANTS BUSINESS.

Category handyman service

[Member Name Removed] I DO APOLOGIZE FOR BEING INCREDIBLY BUSY AND NOT RETURNING YOUR ONE PHONE CALL! IT SEEMS THERE IS A SHORTAGE IN GOOD WORKERS THESE DAYS WHICH HAS CAUSED MY HUSBAND AND I TO DO 90% OF THE WORK OURSELVES! I DO NOT JUST SIT AROUND WAITING FOR CALLS, I DO THE WORK WITH MY HUSBAND! AT TIMES WE EVEN HAVE TO DIVIDE TO CONCUR ALL THE WORK WE HAVE! IN THE LONG RUN, I AM GLAD I MISSED YOUR CALL. TO WRITE SUCH A REVIEW FOR SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER MET IS DISGUSTING! KIND REGARDS, LISA CONNORS

09/17/2015

Suzanna S.

We scheduled for a morning appointment. I called to reschedule for later on that day. They were fine about that. I waited and they never showed up nor did did they call. If they at least called I would have understood. It was really disappointing.

Description of Work
He didn't show up.

Category handyman service

Dear [member name removed], We did show up! In fact we were there at the scheduled time! It was after our appointment that we showed up for, that you called and changed the time to later that afternoon. We came back that afternoon, knocked and knocked on the door and could hear noise inside but yet no one answered the door! Call back!? No!! You had already wasted our time and would waste no more. Thank you but we are in the business to fix broken things not chase work. We get in, do the work and move on to the next job. If any of you out there get upset because I cannot do exactly what you want and when you expect it, than please be aware, I AM NOT PERFECT!

09/07/2015

Cheryl B.

When I called, there was a recorded message that did not state the business name. I left a message. Dialed again, in case I misdialed. Same thing. Never called me back.

Description of Work
Never called me back

08/04/2015

pete G.

They are very professional, thorough, and nice. I was very happy with the service.

Description of Work
They replaced the rollers on the sliding doors, and replaced an electrical outlet.

07/31/2015

Mark B.

Can when they said, did a great job, figured out a better way to hang garage racks than the instructions had. Nice folks.

Description of Work
put up tv wall mounts, hung different kinds of shelving, swapped out plumbing fixtures

Category handyman service, plumbing

07/29/2015

Adam C.

Called up Lisa and she made an accommodation in schedule to get out quickly to our minor issue. Professional, responsive and a quality job.

Description of Work
Quick fix to some Brocken tiles around a tub

04/23/2015

Alan K.

She called and left a message that afternoon that her husband was on a two-month job and couldn't do the work. Can't believe she didn't know that sooner than the afternoon of the supposed estimate, and save me meeting her there for nothing.

Description of Work
Conor Connors was supposed to meet at a building in the afternoon for an estimate.

04/22/2015

Bill B.

The service was excellent and very reasonably priced. Paul's assistant used to build props for Hollywood and really knows how to build structures and actually did work on the film Forest Gump! The work they have done is gorgeous; the barn, the porch, and the combo lock also works excellently! We found these guys on Angie's List and have been very happy with everything they have done.

Description of Work
Paul power washed our barn, painted the roof and trim of the barn, built a country porch in front of house, and as a compliment mowed our grass! His wife Lisa also came out and put a combo lock on our door.

Category decks, handyman service, lawn service, woodworking

01/26/2015

Bill P.

They are very good. They were very responsive and they did a good job. Their price was reasonable. My interaction with them was very good.

Description of Work
Lisa Connors Husbands For Hire assembled some furniture and also fixed some towel racks.

01/09/2015

Linda M.

Went extremely well. Arrived on time for estimate, very professional, friendly & great communications. Showed up on time and did all work outlined quickly & efficiently & with no mess whatsoever. Was able to repair exhaust fan, which saved us money, as we didn't have to have one purchased & they ended up reducing the estimate to reflect the savings. Have recommended them to our neighbors & will be calling on them again for additional work. Great people.

Description of Work
Repaired exhaust fan in bathroom. Replaced 4 ceiling fans & replaced 2 chandeliers

12/23/2014

Tamara B.

I called Lisa to inquire if she could install a grab bar in a shower and replace water hoses on a washing machine. I got voicemail and Lisa called back in a rather timely manner. We discussed in detail what we needed to have done. she said they could definatitely do both jobs. She said she needed to check with her husband and she would get back to me with a day and time. She quoted a rate of between $100-150 plus cost of materials. I never heard back from her again so we moved on and found another service. Wish she would have been honest when we spoke and told me either the job was too small for them to bother with, or called me back to tell me they were just too busy to take on my job. Courtesy is everything!!

Description of Work
Called Lisa to request handyman services for my parents home.

12/08/2014

Pamela K.

It's a busy time here and I was desperate as several handymen hired just didn't bother to show up. I got my list as tight as possible and Lisa and her crew of husband worked me in, did a wonderful job for me and went above and beyond on items they saw that needed attention but I hadn't asked. Nice people, great skill. Absolutely call them.

Description of Work
Repaired some trim work around the exterior of the house.

Category handyman service, woodworking

12/07/2014

William N.

I did not have them do any work at this time. I will plan to use them in the future. See above note.

Description of Work
I was planning on having some Handyman work completed and called Lisa. She and her husband were prompt, knowledgeable and had many good ideas for the projects I had in mind. I was going to hire them, however at the last minute one of my friends were able to do the work for me. I will definitely call them with the next project that I have in mind.

10/29/2014

Isa M.

Excellent work at a reasonable price. Will definitely use them again. Lisa obviously has high standards for the quality of her work. Very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Caulking

10/24/2014

Diane M.

Lisa and Paul Connors were wonderful and professional people and did a great job replacing the windows. We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced broken glass in three windows.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

RainScape

At RainScape, Inc. we can design and install and can later service a custom automatic lawn sprinkler system to meet all your landscapes watering needs. Every system we install is not only installed to meet your landscapes needs but also with the future in mind.

Jukins Irrigation and Landscape Lighting

We are an up and coming, family owned and operated, small business with 15+ years of local experience in the commercial and residential industries. We specialize in all phases of irrigation, landscape lighting and pump work from design to installation and retrofits to simple diagnostics and repair work. Gives a call today and let us help you achieve all of your irrigation and lighting needs!

J&J's Huitron Painting LLC

Our company is locally owned and operated out of Town.We're dedicated We are empathetic and determined to care about our projects by providing high-quality workmanship, excellent customer service, and, ultimately, low rates. Reliable performance, transparency, affordability, professionalism, and respect. We value the connections we establish with our customers, and it is our mission to continue to improve our growth. All of our company's growth is attributed to YOU, our customers. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Husbands For Hire preforms a wide variety of remodeling and handyman services such as installing decks and pergolas; fixing windows and doors; bath remodels; framing, drywall, trim, painting, fans (light electric), faucets (light plumbing); tile installation and repair; stucco and much, much more. We like to do "Honey Do Lists" from A to Z. If we can't do it, we know someone who can!

Husbands For Hire does not do full fence installations. It is more economical to go directly to a fence company that makes the fence themselves. We also do not do roofs. We are not a licensed electrician and/or plumber. This means we are not, within the limits of the law, permitted to install new electric lines or new plumbing lines. We may change any existing fixtures for both electric and plumbing.