CURRY'S CHIMNEY SWEEPING

Bradenton, FL 34202

01/11/2018

Julie M.

Perfect as always

Description of Work
Cleaned dryer vent

01/16/2017

Deb M.

No problems. Good communication and arrived on time. Very quick and efficient service. Ensured that the surrounding area was protected and removed any debris. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning at 2 houses.

01/08/2016

Linda T.

Description of Work
Replaced chimney cap outside. Inside replaced back wall of fireplace and resurfaced the floor.

07/06/2015

Matthew G.

We have a very old fireplace plumbed for gas and our plumber recommended that we have it checked out prior to installation of new gas logs. Jeff was available relatively quickly, arrived early (calling first), checked it out, and said everything looked good. He said there wasn't anything he provided that I needed and refused any sort of payment for his "green light." I won't hesitate to call him again when I do need him and recommend him to all my friends.

Description of Work
Evaluated chimney and firebox.

08/18/2014

david P.

Company was very responsive, returning my call within 30 minutes. Company was able to schedule me for immediate service and arrived within half an hour, as promised. Service was performed by the company's owner, Jeff Curry. Jeff explained the process, showing me all the debris he was removing from the vent. Once competed Jeff vacuumed the debris with his vacuum, connected a new vent hose and moved dryer back to it's proper position.

Description of Work
Cleaned dryer vent and replaced vent hose. Vent was cleaned from the dryer up through roof then process reversed and vent cleaned from the roof down.

08/04/2014

Hal H.

They had the best professionalism. They were punctual.

Description of Work
He rebuilt tree chimneys around my house.

Category chimney repair

02/25/2014

Barbara T.

I would not do business with him again because I was not informed this might happen and that these panels came with no warranty. I would recommend you look elsewhere if you are pursuing a contractor in this area.

Description of Work
I was impressed the first time Mr. Curry came out to check my fireplace in December 2012. He checked my fireplace for any safety issues replaced the grate & pointed out that the back & bottom panels needed to be replaced because of cracks in the existing panels. After paying 350 for these replacement panels (installed in March 2013) I discovered cracks in them early January - having to contact Mr. Curry 3 times before he called me back-only to tell me that there was no warranty on the replacement panels. So now I have cracked panels less than a year old.

Category chimney repair

02/19/2014

kelly K.

We purchased our home and never had the chimney inspected so we called Curry's Chimney. Very polite when called and we scheduled our appointment. He was ahead of schedule and called to say he would be there earlier if it was OK. Worked out great. Very friendly and able to talk to. Very professional. We also decided to have our dryer vent cleaned while he was here. Our dryer works great now. He did not try to push anything. Said our chimney was clean. Will use again in future

02/10/2014

Gary L.

When he arrived he check my fireplace and told me that I did not need cleaning at this time but that my grate was old and needed replacing which he did. He also cleaned out my dryer vent. All in all he did a great job and I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Cleaned my dryer vent and replaced the grate in the fireplace

01/25/2014

Matt B.

They were punctual. Job took less than 30 minutes and the house looked just like it did before he started his work.

Description of Work
They called and scheduled an appointment.

10/18/2013

Mary H.

chimney cleaning is a dirty job but you would never know that with Curry. We own 2 homes with fireplaces. Our home we always use the fireplace in the winter so we knew that needed cleaning, and boy did it ever. He did a great job, was very neat and professional. I took him down to our other home that we use as a rental, so were unsure of how often the fireplace was used. he inspected it and said it did not need anything at all. He could have told us it needed cleaning, but he was honest and did not charge us anything for that inspection. Great guy

Description of Work
inspected and cleaned chimney in 2 homes we own

09/05/2013

Richard G M.

Mr. Curry responded immediately to my phone call and arranged a visit two days later. He arrived a few minutes before our scheduled appointment and went right to work. We didn't know what to expect from the fireplace in our new home, and we were relieved when he pronounced it in good condition. He installed a new stainless steel spark screen on top of the chimney and that was it! Very congenial and helpful, knowledgeable, expert and efficient. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
He inspected the fireplace and chimney inside and out and installed a new stainless steel spark screen on the chimney. He carefully explained the operation of the flue. Provided us with a new cast iron fire grate so we can actually use our safe new fireplace.

08/07/2013

Bruce R.

They made sure everything is clean on the vents and the chimney. When they finished it was as good as I could expect and it is perfect. They are reasonably priced and good expertise. They come in a fairly prompt manner and you are not going to get response today but you will get within two or five days.

Description of Work
I used Curry's Chimney Sweeping for cleaning the chimney, vent and dryers.

04/01/2013

Jay L.

Went without a hitch. No issues and the person performed as advertised.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning. Personal service from the initial call to the job completion. All done in a professional and timely manner. Would definitely use this service again.

03/17/2013

Barbara T.

Excellent job. On time, very professional, very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Replaced fireplace grate; replaced back & bottom fireplace panels. Inspected fireplace & chimney.

01/16/2013

Sandra S.

Mr. Curry got back to me quickly even though it was over the December holidays, and was able to get to me in about 8 days for an inspection. Unfortunately, he found that my old (1926) chimney needs some extensive repairs, for which he gave me an estimate of about $4500, so that's going to have to wait. But, he seemed to know his stuff, and I have no doubt that he was giving me fair and accurate feedback.

Description of Work
Inspection only.

12/21/2012

James D.

excellent. One word of warning, he gets busy after the first real cold front. Call early.

Description of Work
Inspect chimney in new house. We have used him before, good service, good price, helpful with ideas. zero negatives

11/06/2012

Irene D.

Everything went very well - on time, job well done, very professional. I will definitely use this service on a regular basis.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney and dryer vent

09/21/2012

Robert B.

Arrived promptly as per apointment. neat and professional appearance. fast and efficient. Cleaned vent and area under dryer. Price was reasonable and as per quote. Very efficient and no-nonsense service.

Description of Work
inspected and cleaned dryer vent

07/05/2012

Gloria C.

Wow- I highly recommend this company. I called today, they actually answered the phone right away and 2 hours later they were here- 15 minutes early!!! They finished cleaning my vent in 30 minutes and cleaned up after themselves!!! I will be calling them yearly to keep my vent clean!!

Description of Work
I needed my dryer vent cleaned. The vent goes up onto my roof making it hard to get at. My dryer repair man recommended a good vent cleaning...

10/26/2011

Carol Z.

They were wonderful. I called them they came out the next day. Cleaned everything out. The Tech was professional and very good at explaining the entire process and educating me on what to do to prevent buildup in the future.

Description of Work
Dryer Vent Cleaning

05/20/2011

Michael M.

Corresponded and arranged appointment by email. Called the morning of the appointment to say what time he would be here. Arrived ahead of schedule. Did very professional job. Cleaned up and tested afterwards. Would use again!

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning

04/20/2011

Jeffrey C.

I liked that I got a prompt call back from the owner. The pricing was reasonable, it was easy to schedule and it was very educational.

Description of Work
I used Curry's Chimney Sweeping 1.5 weeks ago for chimney sweep.

01/17/2011

JOHN & MARJO B.

They did a beyond perfect job. He was very personable, professional, and called to tell me he could come earlier. He did what he said he was going to do and cleaned up very well after himself.

Description of Work
They sweeped my chimney and cleaned the dryer vent.

08/22/2005

LAURA H D.

JEFF CAME TO THE HOUSE RIGHT ON TIME. HE PERFORMED THE SERVICE AND LEFT THE FIREPLACE AREA VERY CLEAN. HE WAS VERY COURTEOUS AND EFFICIENT. I WOULD USE HIM AGAIN IF I EVER HAD ANOTHER FIREPLACE THAT NEEDED HIS EXPERTISE.

Description of Work
CHIMNEY WAS CLEANED INSIDE AND OUT. INSPECTION WAS PERFORMED FOR CONVERSION TO PROPANE.