THANKS A LOCK

Founded 1992 • With Angi since October 2008

9834 GLADES RD

Boca Raton, FL 33434

Thanks a Lock offers its innovative and highly capable services for homes, educational establishments, hospitals, hotels and offices. At Thanks A Lock, security of your office, home and other properties is our primary concern. Whether you need a simple lock change, lock repair service, or a lock

11/27/2017

Thomas S.

Great, he fixed the door as well. Very professional.

Description of Work
Front door lock re-keyed.

05/08/2017

Stephen K.

excellent service; prompt, professional, would hire again

Description of Work
rekey all door locks

03/12/2016

Diane W.

Called on Tuesday with limited time frame that I could be home, Thanks a lock came the next day promptly during my 1 hour lunch break. Service was quick and professional. Would use again.

Description of Work
Re-keyed front door

02/27/2016

steve R.

They did a great job installing the Medco locks for us. They replaced two locks for us, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They changed out two locks for us, top and bottom on both.

07/10/2014

Arleen B.

They could not have been more helpful, and was so honest with me. They were very prompt and came out very quickly. He wouldn't sell me a more expensive lock when it would not actually be something I need.The honesty was refreshing. The gentlmen that came out was very polite, clean and professional, which says a lot about the company. I could not think more highly of a company.

Description of Work
They rekeyed the front door of my home and made four extra keys.

04/07/2014

Margaret S.

All went well. I thought it was expensive, but I haven't had this type of service performed in the past.

Description of Work
Changed out 3 entrance/exit locks. Replaced with keyed alike keys.

03/04/2014

Elizabeth B.

The installation went well. He seemed like a nice guy. Then, the next day, we noticed the door shifted a bit so we called to ask them to come back to adjust it. The guy went nuts screaming and yelling. After spending all that money on locks, I would think its a no-brainer to come take a look?

Description of Work
Added 2 child safety locks

Category locksmith

Unfortunately when you called you did not contact our company. You are a victim of a scam artist down here in South Fl that uses other locksmiths names with his phone numbers. He charges inflated rates for very bad service. He has been arrested and convicted of this and is not even supposed to be doing business. So this review does not reflect work done by our company. Here is a link to the TV station report on this: [hyperlink removed] Please feel free to call us at 561-852-0433 and we would be more than happy to come out to your home and assist you anyway we can. Thank You!

10/26/2013

Joan T.

I purchased an electric (battery) front door lock on line from Home Depot. It's a Schlage and my friend has the exact same one. She had hers installed a number of years ago and has had no problems with it. I kept locking myself out of my house and decided it was time for me to get that lock. I called Thanks A Lock this morning at about 10:30 and spoke with Josh. I told him what I needed and he said he could be here "within the hour" and told me the price for the service call and the per hour rate. 45 minutes later he was here ready to go. This was a little more complicated than a normal lock but Josh went right at it. The hole in the door had to be enlarged (it's a metal clad door) so that took a while. He finished just within the hour, cleaned up and made sure I understood how the lock worked even though I was very familiar with my friends. The price was quite reasonable and he was very pleasant to do business with. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Install a lock

10/22/2013

Kim B.

They showed up on time and they were available when I needed them.

Description of Work
They re-keyed some locks for a client.

09/30/2013

Wanda M.

went very well. he was fast & efficient. gave instructions and extra keys

Description of Work
changed lock on front door

09/27/2013

Karen F.

As it turned out my sister was able to get the door open. I called the tech within a few minutes after he called to let me know his arrival time. I was asked to call the office to cancel. They were so nice about it and I would most definitely use them again and refer them to others.

Description of Work
I called in a panic because my 10year old locked my keys in the house. A technician was sent right away.

09/18/2013

Millie I.

Mike from this company came out and was upfront as to what he was going to do. He popped the lock out, made keys and that was that. It did take some time, but he was patient with it and got the job done.

Description of Work
We had a door that wouldn't lock. We were told that the whole door needed to be replaced. So I called Thanks a Lock and had them come out to take a look at it.

07/31/2013

E S.

They were great. The fellows I spoke to on the phone were very nice, and the fellow that came to do the work was as well. He knew what he was doing, and he was very pleasant. He was prompt, and he also called me as he was on his way over here to tell me that he was on his way. I felt that the price was reasonable, and the work was very good. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Re-keyed 2 locks, and made some extra keys for me.

06/24/2013

Robert P.

Very professional and efficient in unlocking door and rekeying it. reasonable price. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
unlock door because I lost key

12/15/2012

Alan A.

The gentleman that helped me was very professional. I had a great experience from beginning to end. I'd recommend these guys in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
I called to verify that Thanks A Lock would be able to re-key a couple of Schlage locks for me if I dropped by these retail facility. They said sure and informed me of their hours of operation. Within 15 minutes of my arrival, I had both of my locks re-keyed to my satisfaction.

11/19/2012

Julie B.

They were very helpful, kind and efficient. I called them after someone entered my home without permission while I was out. They came over immediately and changed the keys to the front door. By re-keying the lock instead of changing the entire thing, they saved me money and time. They also helped me pick out locks for my sliding glass doors and installed them. They were terrific. I recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
Installed locks on glass sliding doors. Re-keyed locks front door.

11/08/2012

Marla B.

This company was very professional and performed the services at a time that was convenient for me. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Change the lock at the front door of my new rental apartment.

07/09/2012

Rory & Mindy D.

I purchased a set of locks and door handles as replacements with the intention of installing them myself. Ultimately I decided that it would be better to have a locksmith do the installation. After consulting with Angie's List ( for the first time) I called "Thanks-A Lock" locksmiths. They did everything they said they would with professionalism and courtesy. I do highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Replace door handles and locks for front doors and garage entry into house.

03/26/2012

Evonne R.

Called Thanks a Lock, had a need to replace all our locks asap (due to security risk). Locksmith came within 15 minutes to our house, locks well changed in another 30 minutes. Locks work smoothly. Professional and polite. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
We had a need to replace all our locks asap (due to security risk).

03/25/2012

Brian R.

I called apparently before they opened. I waited half an hour after they opened, and I finally called them again. They said someone would be by in an hour or so - 10:00-10:30, as soon as the locksmith in the area was done with the job. The "or so" turned out to be about 3-1/2 hours. No phone call to let me know that he'd be long enough to toss it into the afternoon, so we're stuck waiting for him. He came and fixed it. He tried it with one key, but we've found out that identical keys don't work. We found that out today (Sunday) when the people using them came home for the weekend and had to let themselves in. I called, but they're closed on Sundays. I see here now. I would call one of the 24/7 locksmiths in future. These guys belong in the banking biz, not the locksmith game. I'm not wildly impressed.

Description of Work
We had a broken lock. They fixed it. Well sort of.

02/27/2012

Kimberly M.

Provider showed up on time as scheduled. Very experienced (like an art). Re-keyed 2 locks with perfection. Replaced a mailbox lock (had it in stock in his van). If you want a no-nonsense high quality affordable locksmith, look no further!

Description of Work
Re-keyed 2 locks and replaced a mailbox lock

08/09/2011

Dwight C.

I mistakenly hired a handyman to re-key my locks. He struggled for hours and finally left with the locks badly aligned and the keys difficult to turn. I called Thanks A Lock and they came right out. In less than 1/2 hour both locks were working perfectly. These guys know what they're doing!

Description of Work
Corrected badly aligned lock on front door, re-keyed lock leading to garage and provided additional keys.

07/05/2011

Julie B.

I needed to change the lock on my front door. Somebody had gone into my house using a spare key without my permission. I called Thanks A Lock and asked them to change the lock soon. They were great. I got the price over the phone. Their man was here in 35 minutes. He was quick, efficient and very polite. The job was done in 15 to 20 minutes. I would recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
They re-keyed my front door lock(changed the lock).

06/13/2011

Harry R.

Called Thanks a Lock from the report list on Angies List. Technician came promptly, and completed the work very professionally.

Description of Work
Changed the lock on my front door

05/11/2011

Robert H.

They were prompt and did the job well.

Description of Work
They replaced locks on my doors and picked a lock that I did not have a key for.

A Best Locksmith

*Super Service Award Winner* A-Best Locksmith has been a leader in the locksmith business for over 15 years. We offer reliable service, quality workmanship, and competitive prices, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No job too big or small we do it all. Contact A-Best Locksmith Today!

Offers by A Best Locksmith on Angi
    Preferred Locksmith Service LLC

we are a respectable and honest locksmith service.we don't charge a service call.we will beat any price.we work 24/7 including all holidays with the same low price.we do car lockouts,house lockouts,rekey,change all types of locks,open safes,storage lockouts,anything that has to do with locks is our specialty.

2022 Super Service Award

We Are a Full Service Locksmith that serves Palm Beach & Broward Counties in Florida. Our Shop is located in Boca Raton, FL with a large showroom of Safes & Locks. Some of our services offered: ■ Emergency Lockout ■ Locks Re-Key ■ Deadbolts Installed ■ Keypad Locks ■ Electronic Locks ■ High Security Locks, Featuring Medeco ■ Child Proofing ■ ADA Locks Replaced ■ Door Closers ■ Safe Combo Changed ■ Safe Lockouts