Genius Home Improvements

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2011

4.1

4190 Oak Cir

Boca Raton, FL 33431

Your source for cabinet refacing, acrylic tub & shower liners, home organization and much more. Extraordinary Concepts, Unbeatable Values, On Time... On Budget... Every Time!!, Kitchen, Bathrooms, Windows, Doors, Closets, Garages, Built-ins and more....

04/15/2015

Marcy A.

faucetI also had the 2 bathrooms fitted with clear glass doors, and faucets in the 2 sinks. He acted as contractor to get the glass doors installed by a local company. The faucets were ones he provided. One of them doesn't work right. The stopper doesn't stay connected under the sink.. He came once to adjust it. He worked on it for quite a while and it was OK for a few days. I know I will have to replace it when I get tired of propping up the stopper so the water can drain, and removing the improvised propping device to keep water in. I have plenty of work to keep the Clear Shield glass doors clean. I was advised that they would be kept clear by spraying them with water after showers. That is why we spent the extra money on them. It doesn't work that way and I have to use a cloth and dish soap to wipe them often. I cannot recommend the Clear Shield. It is not the way I expected it to be from what he explained. Do not let the Genius install anything he provides. Get everything yourself and then he can install it. That I concluded from the sink experience and the bathroom faucet issue.

Description of Work
refaced kitchen cabinets,contracted with tile installer, granite counter provider/ installer, installed track lights,built a cabinet, ,installed faucet in kitchen, garbage disposal and sink. He got the sink; and that is the problem area. Within 2 weeks of installing the sink, it showed a dent in the stainless. He said that we must have done it accidentally. I think it was a cheap,thin sink, very easily dented. The kitchen came out beautiful and the dented sink bothers me. After carefully picking out and buying expensive backsplash, replacing all appliances, having beautiful cabinets and lighting; having the dented kitchen sink is really annoying. I am considering getting an estimate to replace the undermounted sink. I would not be comfortable using Genius again and letting him pick out a sink.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing, doors

03/04/2015

Chuck W.

It went well.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for $49 for $250 Worth of Closet/Storage Shelving, Cabinetry or Accessories & More.

Category custom cabinets

01/15/2014

Mary G.

They finished the entire job in one day and it was excellent job.

Description of Work
They redid my bath tub and shower doors.

11/27/2013

Alex W.

During initial consult we were told entire master bedroom closet had to be redone to utilize coupon (we wanted to repair one side). The coupon was good for 6 months, so we delayed installation to get more funds. When we called the salesman, and the company later there was no answer. Angie's List Help desk subsequently tried to reach the company but they were unable to do so. We got a refund.

Description of Work
Nothing

08/19/2013

Phyllis C.

It was the most exasperating experience ever. No one on time. Subcontractor was not aware of all things on contract. We had to inform him. I don't speak Spanish so there were complications with subcontractor. They boarded over a junction box, knocked a hole in the wall behind my dresser (didn't see it til we moved furniture.) We requested and paid for top of the line fixtures, we got a 88 dollar Home Depot toilet.

Description of Work
Demolished existing bathroom. Installed shower, toilet, and tile. Also provided electrician

08/12/2013

Patrice R.

Please refund----Service never provided----Provider never even called

Description of Work
They NEVER called me and I was charged for this! I put a call into Angie's list and supposedly they are looking into it---Please refund my $$$

03/13/2013

Lee & Marcia B.

They were very businesslike & polite. When I outlined what I wanted them to do it just didn’t fit their criteria so I didn’t hire them.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal $49 for $250 Worth of Closet/Storage Shelving, Cabinetry or Accessories & More.

03/11/2013

Susan T.

See above

Description of Work
We had a closet installed in our master bedroom. Rob came out to measure and was courteous and helpful. Lowell did the actual install...he arrived on time and was courteous and professional plus he cleaned up after himself. The closet came out beautiful.

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, remodeling, home & garage organization, home remodeling

03/10/2013

Laura A.

It went very well. They cleaned up after themselves which was important to me. They were always professional, trustworthy, and went above and beyond to make me happy. If I had a problem such as the tub not having a tight seal, they fixed it. They also regrouted around the tub when it cracked.

Description of Work
My master bathroom was completely gutted out. Plumbing was fixed, new walls were installed in the shower and sink area, a new tub, and toilet were installed. They tiled my shower floor to ceiling and bathroom floor with gorgeous tile. I had a cherry wood custom cabinet made with a granite countertop. They put in a new medicine cabinet and vessel sink. They also hung a new light fixture. They put wood shelves in my linen closet for me. I had all new fixtures in oil rubbed bronze installed. Even my drain in the tub was custom made to match.

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

01/31/2013

Jane L.

We met at the house discussed the closet revamp. I was given several choices which we discussed the pros and cons of .A final plan was made and I gave a 50% down payment .This was the 3rd week of Dec. There was some mention of having the closet ready before the new year but that did not happen. After that date the ongoing construction here caused a delay Finally we had a mutually agreed on date to install but the installer became ill with the flu so we scheduled this again. The finished product took 2 days to get all the parts put togther. I moved my cloths in and love my closet Thank you Jane Lee

Description of Work
I wanted a 9x12 closet fitted out to contain my clothes.

01/30/2013

Ibrahim B.

They came to my location and they explained everything to me. They showed up on time. They were too pushy and it was like they were trying to catch a big fish. The price was too high. They called last week. The salesperson was professional but the price was too high. I can get the whole thing done for $1,500 for the same quality and materials. They were nothing wrong with them as a company. They need to lower their prices.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Genius Home Improvements for 4 closets.

01/03/2013

debbie K.

Genius Home Improvements quote seemed low and didn't make any sense. They said they were going to call me and give me a better quote. They did follow up and she said she was going to talk to the owner and all that and then I heard nothing back from them. They were okay, they just weren't for me. The guy came out and gave me information and she was nice on the phone. The quote was unrealistically low.

Description of Work
I had Genius Home Improvements come out once and give me a quote for a complete remodel of a master bathroom.

10/14/2012

Elizabeth M.

The whole project worked out great! The consultant that came to the house was very knowledgeable, The materials that showed up with the installation crew 2 weeks later were a great match to my floors & the installation went flawlessly. Everything was wiped down & all of the old closet materials were removed, holes in the wall from the old wire system were patched.

Description of Work
I had a wire closet system that had come down in my home office. Besides the wire rack I had multiple cube storage units for files, supplies & a few coats. Genius Home Improvements gave me suggestions on how to make better use of the space & offered materials that would match my hardwood floors. They came back about 2 weeks later and installed 2 tall adjustable shelving units & a double hang section for coats.

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, home & garage organization

10/11/2012

Merna O.

The day after I signed the contract, their installation manager called and arranged to come out and measure everything. He reviewed my order with me and I was able to make a few changes (without any extra cost). He was very nice and explained in detail how everything would be done. He was very detailed and gave me a timeline. He also took pictures and sent them to me for my records. I was impressed. About 3 weeks later, he called and then emailed me to let me know my new doors were ready. We agreed to start the following Monday. The installer was the most careful person anyone could imagine. He hung plastic curtains at the doorways to contain the dust and carefully covered my counter tops and appliances. It took him a complete day to dismantle the kitchen and then 3 more days to install the new doors and veneer. He also installed beautiful crown moldings. It was a real WOW! When he finished, he asked me to inspect the kitchen with him to be sure he had done everything to my liking. It was amazing. The installation manager came over twice during the process and took pictures and spoke to me about what was happening. He also made sure the new closet in the master bedroom was installed properly. The installation manager came by on the day after the work was finished and took additional photos, which he later sent to me. Their work and professionalism is outstanding. It was a great experience and I've already recommended them to several of my neighbors.

Description of Work
I hadn't done much in the way of upkeep during the past 15 years and my kitchen really bothered me. I interviewed 4 different companies and chose Genius Home Improvements. I was really glad I did. They weren't the cheapest, but I was really looking for someone that knew what they were doing. The sales person was very helpful. He explained lots of options and educated me on the entire process. That was really important to me as I don't anything about construction. None of the other companies really explained very much. I was a bit overwhelmed by all of the choices, but my salesperson was very patient, had pictures of other completed jobs, and earned my confidence. I decided to have my cabinets refaced and to redo my master bedroom closet. I intend to do more as time and finances allow.

Category closet systems, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

08/22/2012

Paul R.

Genius Home Improvement is an OUTSTANDING company and I will/would recommend this company to anyone needing a remodel. Within three hours of posting my need on the internet, I received a call from a representative. We had a very open discussion about our needs and she explained the companies capabilities. She provided a website for my review. During this conversation, I immediately felt like this was a true customer service company. My first impression was exactly correct. My wife and I could not be happier with the entire process, from our first meeting to the final dowel in the custom vanities. Everything they said they would do, they did -- AND -- went beyond their promises. Every representative that did work on this remodel was very courteous and very helpful in a sincere manner. All the work performed was done impeccably with a high degree of professionalism. And, everything was done to the sketches and drawings that were made for our final approval --- WITH ZERO DEVIATIONS!! Each technician/professional cleaned up after their work was completed. It was an overall GREAT EXPERIENCE working with Genius Home Improvement.

Description of Work
Replace old main and guest bathroom vanities with custom made vanities. Service completed at 1733 NW 36th Ct., Oakland Park, Fl 33309

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, home remodeling

08/22/2012

phyllis M.

First was the salesman, who promised me the moon and quoted me a price. Then the company came and did a measurement. then the salesman came back and took the last order and then changed the price. Claims he left out the price of the counter. I should have stopped then and there, but I was excited about my new kitchen, so I said yes. Now i specified that I wanted a counter with no seams. I am not an expert or I would have specified that I wanted a premolded counter, that I learned later was the style I prefered. The salesman never explained that to me. He kept telling me "Yes you will love it." He also told me that the whole job would be done in 7 days. Well the job started on time, but each trip from the builder was a mess. He was very good, however measurements were wrong, or they gave him the wrong parts in the morning. Many, many holdups. When he started with the counter, I almost died when i saw it. It was not what I wanted, but it was pretty. Also I was promised a pull out drawer for under my sink, which later we found out was impossible. I asked the company if that would reduce my final price and was told "no". I am still very unhappy.

Description of Work
refacing of my cabinets, new drawers, new sink, new counters and new cabinet door handles.

Category countertops, cabinet refacing

07/27/2012

Francine H.

All company representatives were very professional, knowledgable and on time. Quality of work is excellent.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet refacing.

Category home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Thank you very much Member. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a stellar review.

05/11/2012

James L.

Though the actual subcontractor did a superior job and was very meticulous, Representative of the company especially sales and management made promises that were not kept. We were told project would take 3 days with two crews of contractors and instead they sent one contractor to do the entire job. Needless to say it took 3 weeks and 5 days of inconveniences with many hiccups and delays in between. I would never recommend this company or use them again. My wife had to threaten non payment and lawsuit until they made it right. I saw another person gave a complete opposite rating and am wondering if it is a company input? Save yourself the headache. Note: I gave the Quality rating as an A to the actual subcontractor doing the work. Otherwise all other ratings apply to the company and our honest regretful experience with them.

Description of Work
Reface kitchen and bathroom existing cabinet boxes, one new kitchen cabinet box installed, replaced cabinet doors, new drawers, new sinks and faucets. New counter tops.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Anytime you undertake a construction project that involves multiple trades, such as plumbing hook-ups and counter-top fabrication, there is always the chance of delays. We never state, as a matter of company policy, how many people will handle the installation and because we've handled 1,000's of jobs, we never make promises other than what is clearly stated on our Contracts. In this particular case, when there are new counter-tops involved, it is impossible to complete an installation in 3 days. The cabinets have to be templated after the new cabinets are installed and that portion of the job may take 3 days or more. Once the counter-tops are templated (measured), it normally takes 1 week for fabrication and installation, especially if the new tops need to be custom fitted, and then the plumber has to be scheduled to make the plumbing connections. In addition, one of our scheduled installation people suffered the loss of his Mother. He had to return home and do to other installations, we were unable to provide additional back-ups. Refacing is a skill that takes many years to learn and to do well. We utilize only experienced people. I'm sorry that this customer felt we did not address their concerns in a timely fashion and we apologize for that perception. I can assure you this is not our normal standard of service. We have reviewed this complaint carefully, and want to state that there were a total of 7 people working on or with responsibility for this job.

11/14/2011

Linda S.

PLEASE SEE ABOVE FOR ALL THE STORY AND THE SERVICE PERFORMED.

Description of Work
The GHI representative came out to my house and evaluated my project fully. Then came up with an exact contract price, while still in my home, after showing me the various sample materials for the cabinets, countertops, and the closet I wanted made over. After telling me the price and showing me all the discounts available I signed a contract for a fixed amount for all the work I wanted completed. The measure tech came out 2 days later and measured for my kitchen and closet. projects. He reviewed the entire project with me and I made a slight hardware change (which did not effect the price) and then I signed one more time as a confirmation of the selections I made. The installer showed up on the scheduled date and went over the time and the steps the project would be completed in. Then they covered eveything up that might be damaged and went to work. WOW!!!!!! Were they ever professional. I was very impressed. In no time at all I could see the changes before my eyes. Three and a half days later my project was completed, everything was cleaned up and all the old cabinet doors and countertops and my old wire closet racks were gone. In there place was a beautiful new kitchen and gougeous closet. Too bad they could not organize same as well. LOL .......All in all I would do the project all over again. What a great company. If I had anymore money I would have they do my bathroom as well. Maybe when I win the lottery! Linda S.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home & garage organization, home remodeling, cabinet refacing