Florida Garage Door Company

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2010

The Florida Garage Door Company offers a complete line of high quality Garage Doors, Openers, Parts, and Accessories by major brand names. Our technicians are experts in there field and work is warrantied. We happily of suggestions on the right parts and cost effective methods to repair or replace your door. Any questions you may have we will gladly answer to help you make a decision. Some of our products offered are listed below. All doors provided by Florida Garage Door Company are hurricane tested and meet or exceed hurricane code. Florida Garage Door Company is independently owned and operated locally. We provide weekend and after hours appointments when its convenient for you. Please see our discounts and specials as we always strive to keep our prices low and workmanship high. Our trained and experienced technicians can work on any and all makes and models of garage doors and openers, including new doors, new garage openers or service your existing garage door. The Florida Garage Door Company is licensed and insured providing warranties on all products and services. You can learn more about our products and services offered on our website. Please call today to schedule a appointment. We look forward to making you a satisfied customer ....

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

garage doors (621)door installation (52)

07/20/2021

Joe C.

They provided a professional and timely estimate.

Description of Work
Looking for wind rated, insulated, steel door with contemporary or modern look, wood grain finish,with new opener.

Work Completed On 07/20/2021

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

03/30/2021

haikun D.

I gave them a bad review a few years ago due to no show. Angie's list send the new service request to them again this time, owner called and explained that it could be a misunderstanding last time. I tried them again, I can confirm they come on time and the employee did a great job, and very professional. I will hire them again next time.

Description of Work
Fix garage door track

Work Completed On 03/30/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We appreciate the the chance to make up for the past poor performance.

10/17/2020

Wanda J.

Steve was great. Because of the limited / restricted space, he literally bent over backwards and sideways to fix our garage door . I was concerned because I didn't know it would cost (didn't know what was wrong), but I was pleasantly surprised by the bill and wish I hadn't waited so long to make the call. The spring needed to be adjusted and I'm guessing my attempts to fix it actually broke a piece which Steve was able to repair instead of replacing. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
garage door repair

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

07/28/2020

Linda S.

Work went perfectly. Technician arrived on time and as promised. He was extremely skilled at his work and completed it all in under an hour after arrival. He was very clean and economical about his tasks and left nothing to clean up along the way. Great experience overall.

Description of Work
Replaced torsion springs on double wide garage door

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our work. We appreciate you business.

06/30/2020

Leif S.

Amazing, did the job in 10 min at a very low cost and even helped me with my clicker settings for free. Have used a few times now and will again!

Description of Work
Outdoor garage keypad

Category doors

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

10/07/2019

Nancy S.

It went very well. Stephen came out as scheduled, called before arriving and did a fantastic job. Stephen was friendly , professional and worked in a timely manner. I was very pleased and have recommended this company to friends and Co-workers.

Description of Work
I needed to replace the torsion springs on my garage door.

Work Completed On 10/06/2019

08/08/2019

Ray C.

Angel called before arriving. Was courteous, professional and did the job in less than an hour. Explained work done, replaced battery on outside keypad and was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Replace Broken Springs and Tune Up

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

08/03/2019

David H.

My garage door was out of adjustment and needed lubrication. I called the company on a Friday and Sandy answered the phone and was very pleasant. She quickly scheduled a service for Saturday. Steve called me when he was enroute and arrived right on time. Steve made a few adjustments, lubricated the track, rollers and door opener. The door operates perfectly now. Steve was very pleasant to work with and he answered all of my questions. Excellent experience overall.

Description of Work
Garage door tune-up

Work Completed On 08/03/2019

04/13/2019

Michelle R.

It was a pleasure to work with them and I highly recommend them. This is a family owned and operated company that does NOT use subcontractors. Excellent communication, on time (every time) and great service.

Description of Work
Garage Door replacement

Work Completed On 04/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. It was our pleasure working with you on your project.

04/01/2019

eric T.

Chris called during my appt. window to tell me he would be at my house in 30 mins. He showed up on time as promised. Upon inspecting my garage door, Chris informed me that the springs needed for my door were very unique and he did not have them in his truck, but he had some in the warehouse. Less than an hour later he was back and completed the repair as promised.

Description of Work
Garage door springs needed to be replaced

Work Completed On 03/30/2019

Good Morning [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your business.

12/28/2018

Michael K.

Steve was 30 minutes early, and fixed the door in 25 minutes. I couldn’t have asked for more. Steve, and Sandy on the phone, couldn’t have been nicer, and more professional. I definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
The spring on the garage door broke.

07/16/2018

Robert W.

They recommended many upgrades to the door. They could not level the old style system already in place. They were very responsive and punctual.

Description of Work
Level the garage door.

Work Completed On 07/01/2018

07/03/2018

doug M.

All the great reviews here are true. I called them on a Monday @ 9am asked could replace garage door motor. To my surprise, they said how about today? I selected the 6pm install. Yes, you read that right, 6pm. Around 4:30pm they called and said the tech would be running late, probably get there at 7pm, was that too late? I approved 7pm appointment. Tech arrived around 6:45pm. Did a fantastic job of replacing old opener with new LiftMaster opener has Wifi and can be operated by smartphone or PC. Very impressed with service and install. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Replacement Garage Door Motor

Work Completed On 07/03/2018

06/24/2018

JOAN A.

Got a text at work from my dog walker who was struggling trying to get the door all the way down-she did manage to leave it in a position that was mostly down and secured the home. I had the same problem when I got home last night so this morning at 9 am I contacted Florida Garage Door who had serviced the garage door twice in the past (EXCELLENT!! experiences). When I called I was given an appointment at 4pm on the same day (today-Saturday) but the technician called back at 12:30 to say he was on his way. He arrived shortly after that, looked up at the unit and recognized the problem right away-the unit’s “teeth” were worn off and when he touched some they fell off right away. The unit turned out to be 9 years old. He then described two options for a replacement. One was a chain drive replacement and the second option was to install a new unit just like the broken unit. There was a significant difference in price between the two choices and he did not focus on the more expensive option. In fact, I was impressed that he actually said just because the chain drive unit was less expensive did not mean it wouldn’t work as well and explained that chain drive units were noisier (which brought back memories of my original opener which was definitely much noisier than my recently deceased unit). So I very much appreciated that he took time to make sure I was comfortable with my choice. He installed the new unit which also had all the extras of my old opener, and took time to update me on the slight changes between the new and old unit. I am very happy with the entire experience and will definitely continue to use Florida Garage Door Company again!k

Description of Work
Garage door malfunctioned-would not stay down

Work Completed On 06/24/2018

06/23/2018

Jeremy D.

Steve was right on time, very professional and helpful. The garage door tune up took about 30 to 45 minutes. I wish I would have done this sooner as the garage door is so much quieter now. I will definitely hire them again to keep my garage door in tip top shape.

Description of Work
garage door tune up; replace rollers

Work Completed On 06/23/2018

06/11/2018

Richard P.

I called, they gave a quote over the phone, came on time and replaced everything exactly as quoted. Would recommend!

Description of Work
Garage Torsion Springs & Bearings/Roller Replaced

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

06/04/2018

mell R.

Overall a good deal and great service!

Description of Work
Needed to replace my garage door opener as it stopped working on Sunday. I contacted the Florida Garage Door Company through Angie’s List that afternoon and was contacted the next morning by 8:30am. There page listed a $300 garage door opener that included installation. They had an open appointment for the same day and I went ahead and scheduled it. Their technician arrived on time and got to work right away. In about an hour he had replaced my garage door opener and adjusted my door.

05/30/2018

Kay H.

Great! We were very pleased with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Garage door maintenance

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

05/24/2018

Jonathan E.

Everyone I dealt with at Florida Garage Door Co. from the office staff, the salesman and the installer were friendly and professional. The quoted price was fair, the salesman knowledgeable and I had no issues with the installation. The Clopay door looks great. They made the whole project easy. The hardest part was me cleaning our the garage in order to give them the room to work. It needed cleaning out anyway! I highly recommend this company for a quality hassle-free garage door replacement.

Description of Work
Replacement of a single garage door

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

Review for Florida Garage Door Company - PO BOX 276194, Boca Raton, FL - 37097074

We thank you for your business and the review. Please fell free to call us with any future needs.

04/30/2018

Judy B.

Terrific service, came when they were supposed to and did a great job without trying to upsell. Will definitely use again and recommend

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

Thank you for your business. We appreciate the time you took to provide a review of our service. Please feel free to contact us anytime.

03/28/2018

Artrice S.

Great experience! I did not realize but have used this company before and was pleased both times.

Description of Work
Garage door tune-up

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

03/03/2018

TIFFANIE S.

Amazing service and professionalism. Chris was here right on time and had us up and running in less than 1/2 hour. Clean, kind and informative. Gave me excellent suggestions on a few minor repairs and informed options. The pricing was more than fair. Our garage door did not open last night when we got home so at around 0430 this morning I was on YouTube looking to do the repair myself. If I had purchased the springs and tension bar from the hardware store I was looking at over a hundred dollars alone. Plus not really knowing what I was doing or getting a professional inspection of our unit. I am very happy and you should not hesitate to call Florida Garage and Door. Thank you!!! Mike and Tiffanie Novack

Description of Work
The large spring on top of our garage door broke

Work Completed On 03/03/2018

02/28/2018

Skip M.

I left message at 7:30, was called when office opened at 8, had a pleasant conversation with a woman in the office, she scheduled for 3-5PM, then field man Chris called me at 11:45 and said he could come earlier, he did, by 12:30 door was fixed and Chris was on his way. Everyone super pleasant, used a coupon, and no surprises. Definitely a good experience - thanks to all! Price below after coupon.

Description of Work
Garage door track repair