Albert J Demateis LLC

Founded 1987 • With Angi since December 2010

753 Crepe Myrtle Circle

Apopka, FL 32712

When it comes to choosing a partner to help you build your custom dream home, or complete that home renovation or remodel, experience counts. At Albert J. Demateis LLC. we have over 30 years of general contracting and construction experience, with more than 20 years of building homes in the central

09/01/2015

Eileen E.

I called Al Demateis. To my surprise he remembered the project and the customer and all the details. He came out to the house and provided the help and information we needed. The addition he did for the homeowner was excellent quality, withstanding the test of time. I was very impressed. There was no charge for the service/consult.

Description of Work
I am a Realtor. I was selling a home for a client. The client needed information from this contractor on an addition he did for them several years ago on the late 1990s.

08/28/2015

Lorna M.

Description of Work
He was great. I was running a little late by the time I got to the property he had already been on the roof and was inspecting the sprinkler system. As a realtor I will definitely refer him to my new clients

05/30/2015

Finley M.

The nature of a remodel means barriers and set backs along the way. Despite our occasional disappointment in situations out of our control, Al helped us keep a realistic perspective on the process while jumping through hoops to get the job done! He was professional and consistently available. Quite frankly, the process went so well that we now consider Al a part of our professional network and a friend!

Description of Work
Al completely renovated our home including an addition of 1,000 sq ft. We enjoyed working with him and would definitely work with him on future projects.

05/28/2015

Jacob D.

Description of Work
Added 900 sq. ft., 2-story addition including one full bath and one half bath.

07/31/2014

Vishnu Y.

01/06/2014

john M.

Upon our first (and only) meeting I was thrilled. I really liked the ideas he had. He offered up many creative and original "touches" that he could put on our home remodel that would really make it stand out. We spent about 45 minutes going over what we wanted out of the project, timeline and budget. At the end of the meeting he promised to provide a quote within a week and would call with any questions. I never heard from him again. I attempted to phone several times, left voice mails and even offered up a final email. This really sucked...had he provided us with a quote, with a reasonable cost we surely would have gone with Al.

Description of Work
Needed a quote for a home remodel (kitchen, floors, some plaster repair, electrical)

08/07/2013

Brett M.

I hired Mr. Demateis to completely remodel my small condo (728 sq ft)--and I am glad I did. Throughout the project he stayed in constant contact with me via emails, texts, phone calls, and on-site visits. He diligently kept the project on schedule and within budget. In fact, he even talked me out of some frivolous upgrades I had become enamored with. Further, he used his network of contacts to save me money on materials (e.g., the quartz countertop in the kitchen). His knowledge of home remodeling is extensive; he is friendly and easy to work with; and, perhaps most importantly, he is meticulous in managing money, as evinced by the detailed invoices he provided at regular intervals throughout the duration of the project.

Description of Work
Remodeled condo.

08/02/2013

Kenneth B.

I spoke with Mr. Demateis on Monday, July 29th, to inquire as to whether he was interested in doing a remodeling job on a commercial office space and that I had gotten his name off Angie's List. He said that he was interested in the job and that he wanted to take special care of his Angie's List clients. I emailed Mr. Demateis the details of what needed to be done and he was going to give me a bid and we would move forward from there. After two days of not hearing anything from him I called him back twice and emailed him as to where we were in the process. I never received a return phone call from him, but I did finally get an email the following Thursday, August 1st, saying that he was respectfully withdrawing from the opportunity... no explanation, no conversation, that was it. Net result was that I lost almost a week on a project that needed to be well underway by now. Extremely disappointed... note on his evaluations that he's failed to communicate with other clients in the past as well.

Description of Work
Failed to submit bid on commercial build out.

07/23/2013

Richard B.

The lack of response is totally acceptable.

Description of Work
We left 3 voice mails on the contractors phone. No response was received.

02/15/2013

Angela M.

We chose Al over several other home builders and we are very happy with our new home. Al was extremely competitive but did not skimp on anything. Al was very flexible in building our home the way we wanted to build our home (as long as it met code). Al treated our home as his home and to this day is quick to get back with us on anything we need. There was a time when Al actually did the physical home building labor so he knows exactly what and how things need to be done. He always held his Subcontractors to the highest standard and insisted they build the home the way he would build his own home. Al was professional and a pleasure to work with. We would recommend him to anyone wanting to build their dream home.

Description of Work
Approximately 4,000 sqft custom home built on our 2 Acre Lot. Complete custom home including the design, granite, trey and coffered ceilings, walk in shower, hand built bookshelves and entertainment center, extra-large garage and many other features built specifically for us. The home is completely energy efficient with solar energy, double pain windows and spray foam insulation. It is our dream home and we couldn’t be happier.

Category home builders

01/28/2013

Steven B.

.Contacted Al and he was out the next day to take a look at the job. He spent about an hour with us asking and answering lots of questions. He was very professional and had our estimate prepared within a couple of days. We did not hire Al for this job. The only reason why we didn't is that we found out the person who served as project manager on our house when it was built lived 2 blocks away and had access to all of our home's engineering drawings, materials suppliers, and knowledge of the location of our underground utilities (septic tank).

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for enlarging our 2-car garage to a 3-car garage.

07/12/2012

charles G.

Al was professional and let me know that the project was to small for him to deal with and that I would be better off with a different contractor. I would have preferred he look at the work before rejecting the job. but he was honest in reply.

Description of Work
I contacted Al concerning an estimate for repairing water damage to my 15 foot ceiling, it would require the replacement of a significant amount of drywall in the Great room, Kitchen, Office, and Dining room, texturing and painting, anti microbial treatment and possible repair or replacement of the 12 foot sky light and replacement of damaged insulation.

06/22/2012

Orrin C.

Great service and a great company. Use Al he is the best. He is very responsive and courteous. He did a great job. His prices are very competitive and his service is superb. Al is extremely organized and intelligent. The subs he uses are great too. He knows every building code and we did not fail ANY inspections. In my experience Al is the best build in Central Florida. He can do any size job big or small. You will not regret hiring Al. I guarantee it.

Description of Work
Al Demateis did our addtion. It was a very big project. He also did a GREAT job on our outdoor kitchen. The project was over 1,500 sq feet inside and out and he did it all!!!

Category remodeling, outdoor kitchens

06/09/2012

Luciana H.

I contacted Al Demateis today to speak about a remodeling estimate at my College Park home: expand the kitchen and living-room, have 12 of my windows changed, add a bathroom to the house, have the outside of the house fixed and some concrete work in the driveway. Mr Demateis informed me this was a small job for his company. Happy he can pick and choose his job especially in this economy but what made me really mad (and offended) was when he started to question my budget which we didn't even discuss and question if I had the money to spend... Mr Demateis: the fact that I am a foreign woman with an accent doesn't mean I don't have the money to spend. You were really rude to question my financial hability and for that reason I am the one who doesn't need your work. Thanks, best wishes

Description of Work
I contacted Al Demateis today to speak about a remodeling estimate at my College Park home: expand the kitchen and living- room, have 12 of my windows changed, add a bathroom to the house , have the outside of the house fixed and some concrete work in the driveway. Mr Demateis informed me this was a small job for his company. Happy he can pick and choose his job especially in this economy but what made me really mad (and offended) was when he started to question my budget which we didn't even discuss and question if I had the money to spend.... Mr demateis: the fact that I am a foreign woman with an accent doesn't mean I don't have the money to spend. You were really rude to question my financial ability and for that reason I am the one who doesn't need your work. Thanks , best wishes

04/12/2012

Kimberly M.

I called a few times and they would not call me back.

Description of Work
I called them to get an estimate on tile work and remodeling.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling

I not only spoke to this member, I made an appointment to visit her job site the same day, I went to the site and no one showed up to meet me. She must be talking about another contractor because I was there and she was not.

03/15/2012

michael B.

Everything went according to schedule

Description of Work
Completely remodeled the laundry room, removed old wallpaper, cabinets, utility sink , repainted, new cabinets, new plumbing.

12/01/2011

JOHN L.

We are very happy with him. He gave us suggestions of other companies for theh rock facing. He came right out for the estimate.

Description of Work
He came out for an estimate for putting rock over the fireplace.

Category remodeling, fireplaces

03/07/2011

David R.

After doing much research we contacted Al Demateis with much confidence that we would get a qualified contractor to do the work. We are very, very pleased we chose Al, as he was very prompt, professional, courteous and gave us some good suggestions such as relocating the shower valve to a proper area so we didn't have to step to the back of the shower to turn the water on, a truly great idea we would never have thought of ourselves. The work performed was by far done by professionals. Al keeps in touch all the time and checks work as it is done to be sure of the quality, not simply a done job, as he expects quality work. We have had much work done by others before and have almost never been happy. We will definitely contact Al for any other home improvements we do, without a doubt. Only wish we knew Al Demateis before we did other the work. Without a doubt give Al a call and he will take it from there, we know you won't be sorry! Thanks to Angie's List or we probably would not have found Al and got taken again. We love our shower now.

Description of Work
Complete shower tearout, removed shower enclosure, tore out wall & floor tile and installed new, installed new shower pan and drain, relocated shower valve, installed duroc tile backer on walls. Installed new shower enclosure. All work was done in a timely manner and the price was very good.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

01/06/2011

michael B.

We absolutely love our kitchen. The project only took about a month. The sub contractors were extremely clean, on time and very courteous. Al made some great suggestions and gave us very useful ideas, yet he was not pushy or overbearing. He expected perfection from the sub contractors and even noticed things we would never have even known about. He made sure everything was done correctly and in a timely manner. We were very impressed and only have the highest praise for him. I would recommend him to anyone, from the least expensive to the most expensive job. He is more than fair in his prices.....a very honest man with much integrity.

Description of Work
We had our kitchen totally gutted and remodeled. We had the drop ceiling torn out, added insulation and recessed lighting and updated electrical outlets and breaker box brought up to code. We had all cabinets and counters torn out and replaced, plus an outside extension of a pass through window with ledge. We added a back splash, new sink, new dishwasher and all plumbing updated. We also had our master bathroom counter replaced with excess granite.

Category remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

12/28/2010

Patricia S.

ATTENTIVE, KEPT DEADLINES, ON SITE EVERYDAY TO MONITOR, SUBS WERE RELIABLE AND RESPECTFUL ON OUR PROPERTY. THANKFUL A FRIEND RECOMMENDED HIM - WAS CONSIDERING A CONTRACTOR WE HAD PREVIOUSLY USED AND AL DEMATEIS WAS 100,000 LESS WITH FINISHED UPGRADES. HE MAINTAINED BUDGET AND IF WE WANTED ANY CHANGES OR UPGRADES WAS CLEAR ABOUT PROS/CONS AND PRICE. HE WORKED WITHIN OUR TIME CONSTRAINTS FOR MEETINGS WITH PURCHASES, IE GRANITE, CABINETS, FLOORING ETC. THE PROJECT COVERED SEVERAL MONTHS AND WE FEEL THE PROGRESS RECEIVED HIS DAILY ATTENTION. WE ARE ANTICIPATING ANOTHER PROJECT IN THE UPCOMING YEAR AND WILL NOT HESITATE TO HIRE MR. DEMATEIS. WE WELCOME HIM HAVING ANY REFERRALS CONTACTING US AND SEEING THE QUALITY OF HIS WORK FIRST HAND.

Description of Work
PLANS. SITE PREPARATION. ADDED TRI-LEVEL ADDITION IN EXCESS 3,250 SQ FEET. INCLUDED 3 CAR GARAGE, STORAGE LOFT, HOME OFFICE NEW MASTER SUITE, LAUNDRY. ROOM, QUEST ROOM, SECOND HOME OFFICE, LOFT, COVERED BALCONY, AND 2 BATHROOMS IN ADDITION TO THE ONE IN THE MASTER SUITE-INCLUDE GAS FIREPLACE.

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, remodeling, fireplaces, garage builders, home builders, marble & granite, architect, home remodeling

12/22/2010

Ashby C.

I believe I covered this in the first section, but once again, Mr. Demateis is singularly competent in this profession. We could not imagine having a better experience.

Description of Work
Our home burned to the ground on May 2, 2010. We contacted Mr. Demateis for help in re-building our home to the standards required in our county. He got to work that day putting together all the necessary plans, drafts, and estimates, and suggestions to review with us. Within a few days, we had a meeting where he reviewed with us what he could do with our budget, the time frame to expect, and generally what finishes and other options we had. He asked many questions to make sure he understood exactly what we expected. We reviewed the plans a few days later and signed a contract. Mr. Demateis met and worked diligently and professionally with our insurance company's loss control estimators, taking much of the strain away from us. He negotiated "back and forth" with them to gain a fair settlement. My wife and I have had many homes built over our lifetime and this was the most professional, honest delivery on promises we have ever experienced. The work was done as scheduled with very competent sub-contractors overseen EVERY DAY on-site by Mr. Demateis. The workmanship was exceptionally good, many extra little touches were included and we ended up with a more beautiful home than we ever expected. The schedule of work he gave us was never off by more than a day and he finished the job almost a month early! He kept of informed weekly as to any thing we should be concerned about and gave us some trade-off options that were very helpful. Then, he gave us the keys with NOT ONE EXTRA PENNY DUE. On time and on budget. We could not be any more pleased with any builder.

Category remodeling, water damage restoration, home builders, architect