Discounted Moving

Founded 2010 • With Angi since November 2012

PO Box 160163

Altamonte Springs, FL 32716

Discounted Moving is a family owned and operated moving and household labor company headquartered in Altamonte Springs, FL.

10/08/2021

Brittney B.

1. The guys were suppose to be there at 3-4p …no one came til 7:30pm 2. No one contacted me about these guys being delayed until after my reservation time at 4:06p 3. I already had tons of my stuff out in my front yard since I expected them earlier….I had to watch all my stuff in the front yard for hours to stop neighbors for getting our stuff. 4. To make up for the inconvenience, I was told 3 men were coming instead and the bigger truck….only 2 men came..and it was not a bigger truck since 2 trips had to be made 5. They started at 7:30p and didn’t finish til 2:10a, I didn’t get to sleep til 3am…and you guys projected me this would be a 4 hour job and that is what I was estimated for 6. Also to make up for the inconvenience, I was told I was getting the weekend price..and nope I was charged the original rate! No weekend discount! And no inconvenience discount! 7. Also I was never communicated with it was going to be a different company doing my moving. There was several pieces of my furniture chipped and handled with no care at all, and I have no idea who that actual moving company was that I paid for. 8. I have made many attempts to reach the owner and I get no response and no call back If you care about getting moved out in the timely manor and your furniture being in the same condition before you moved and the final bill reflecting what you were quoted, then I would NEVER use discounted moving!

Description of Work
Moving from one 3 bedroom house into another home

Category hauling services, moving companies

06/16/2021

Sidra V.

Very nice workers but they did not load the van correctly so my furniture was severely scratched and broken (they showed up with a uhaul, not a company truck). They dropped boxes and stacked them so they would crush one another, even when clearly marked “fragile”. Could not reassemble a bed frame and did not try to reassemble my tv stand (they lost screws to it in transit). Complained to owner who said he’d come by to make an insurance claim but he never showed and stopped responding to me. Nice guys but I’ve never incurred so much damage to my belongings when moving.

Description of Work
In-town move

07/09/2019

Eric F.

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! If you are moving and need a trustworthy company to move your furniture safely, you are taking a chance with this company. My wife and I needed a reputable company to intrust delivery of our nice expensive leather furniture and wood furniture to our new home. In the interest of transparency, I will let you know that we did have to move up the date of our move which they were able to accommodate. We also asked the movers to move our furniture as fast as possible as the new owners of our house decisded that they wanted us out quickly and did not give us much choice. The guys moving the furniture were up for the challenge and they were able to load the POD fairly quick. After the POD was loaded, they asked us to sign paperwork stating that everything was completed satisfactorily. The problem with this is that the POD was loaded and we could not inspect it to be sure but we signed anyway out of trust that they did the job promised. Once we moved and used this company again to unload everything, we started to see the absolute carelessness in which they loaded everything. Leather furniture was ripped and tables and chairs and other wood furniture was chipped and pices broken off. We took pictures and sent them to Wesley, the owner. He came out the next day to inspect and stated that it was not therir fault because we rushed his guys to move everything out of the old house. The problem wit that is that the movers should not just neglect to wrap things and carefully place things in the POD just because they were asked to move things a little faster than normal. After my conversation with Wesley, he did agree to make repairs on the furniture and an aggreement was made. Wesley did "repair" some of the wood furniture. By repair, I mean used a colored wood marker to color in the chips and other issues. I was not going to make a big deal out of this because we were really concerned more with the leather furniture. After many attempts to contact Wesley about the leather, he stated that he would send our pictures to his apolstery person to obtain a quote. That is the last we ever heard from him. We called and texted many times to find out where we were at in the process. Wesley would not reply to any of our calls or texts. We then contacted his apolstery guy directly, who advised us that Wesley had stated that a lot of the damage was not done by his company and that he would not be repairing our furniture. Wesley did not even have the common decensy to contact us directly to tell us this, he just went silent and appeared to ignore us completely. It's been well over a month and we still have not heard anything from him. Great business owner, huh? He told me from the beginning how important his customers are to him yet he can't contact us directly to discuss his reasoning behind not repairing any of our furniture. Wesley is not a man of his word and he seems very honorable when you speak to him but looks can be deceiving. We are now left with very nice, expensive furniture with rips and tears with no recourse other than to warn other people to be very cautious if you are even thinking about using this company.

Description of Work
Horrible and Untrustworthy

03/30/2018

Moe L.

2nd time I've used this company. They are on time and professional. I didn't plan very well however, they were able to meet my needs with only 2 days notice.

Description of Work
Furniture moving

Advanced Custom Cleaning

Advanced Custom Cleaning LLC has provided reliable carpet cleaning services for homes and businesses throughout the area for over 11 years, and we'd love to add you to our list of satisfied customers. Call today 407-714-7220 and we'll be happy to schedule an appointment to assess your cleaning needs. Whether you have your carpets cleaned quarterly, or haven't had them cleaned since you moved in, Advanced Custom Cleaning LLC can help!

2022 Super Service Award

Community Van Lines

We offer full service moving services, local and long distance, packing, storage, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Teleport Moving and Storage

Serving all of Central Florida for local to intermediate moves, the professionals at Teleport Moving and Storage are the go to, full service BBB accredited moving company you can trust with your family's next in state relocation! Call now for a free estimate! (No long-distance or out of state moves)

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

We offer an array services ranging from local residential and commercial relocation, Moving Labor, Move in/out household cleaning and debri removal.

We do not provide boxes.