Arctic Cool Inc

Founded 1995 • With Angi since August 2006

1040 Miller Dr

Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Arctic Cool provides quality air conditioning, heating, and ventilation services for Central Florida homeowners and residential property managers.

08/19/2014

David W.

They were recommended by a neighbor. I discussed with them the specific air conditioning unit I wanted them to bring after researching it. When they showed up to do the work, they brought a different type of unit, so I was upset about that. The man who came out said this is a very similar unit and that they don't make the one I wanted anymore, but I didn't like that he didn't tell me about this change ahead of time. There was also an issue with the warranty work as well. It didn't come right away, and someone forged my signature. This didn't hurt anything, but I had no knowledge of it until someone asked me about it.

Description of Work
They replaced my air conditioning unit.

05/30/2014

NANCY A.

The installers were very friendly and stopped to answer any questions we had. They were clean and took pride in their work. We compared them to 3 other companies and their price was much less.

Description of Work
Installed a new Amana 3.5 15 seer Air Conditioner system and handler

04/08/2013

Diana T.

Company originally installed a Trane air conditioner in Dec. 2011. Had to have them out at leat 6 times after that due to water buildup in the indoor unit. As I am writing this review, the a/c is again not cooling and I am debating whether I should give them any more chances to resolve. Would not use them again and would not recommend. Been nothing but an aggravation for the last 18 months.

Description of Work
Installed new a/c unit in December 2011

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

On 12/2/11, Arctic Cool, Inc. installed a new 3-ton Trane 15 SEER heat pump system in [member name removed] home. The system was started up and set to factory recommended temperature and pressure settings. The installation was later inspected by Winter Springs Building Dept. and passed inspection. In May 2012, the condensate drain line began to cause cooling issues because it was backing up and tripping the overflow protection safety device causing the system to shut off. Our technicians attempted flushing the drain line with water and nitrogen, installing additional drain clean out tees, and replacing the drain overflow protection device. After each presentation and repair service of this drainage problem, the drain line would present as properly draining. In June 2012, after attempting all known options to solve [member name removed] drainage issue permanently, we contacted Trane Company’s factory trained technical support staff. We explained the problems and sent photographs of the installation to them. Trane technical support had no suggestions or recommended changes to the installation that we had not already completed. When the problem presented again in July, we decided to have our technicians completely replace the below ground drain line with a new above ground drain line system. To our knowledge, drain issues have not occurred since this repair was completed. In January 2013, we responded to a service request and found the outdoor unit ajar and moved from its original location. We suspect the landscaping personnel hit the slab/unit with a mower. We straightened the unit and fastened the new slab to the existing slab to help prevent this from happening again in the future. This service was completed complimentary at no charge although it was not an installation or mechanical failure of the system. Currently we do not know if the problem that [member name removed] system is having is related to a mechanical failure or otherwise. We would be more than happy to have our technician diagnose the problem and, one this is known, work with [member name removed] to solve the issue.

02/14/2013

Robert P.

They also did the original air conditioner upgrade installation.

Description of Work
I used Arctic Cool for regular seasonal air conditioning maintenance. They also provided air duct repair.

01/05/2012

Barry G.

Fantastic job all the way around, but then I expect nothing less from this company. This is the second job Arctic Cool has done for me -- six years ago they installed an AC/Heat Pump system in a house I owned and delivered the same superb performance (they were first recommended by a realtor friend). They are honest, talented, reliable, prompt, friendly, responsive and fair with pricing, and owner Chris Eads is a pleasure to deal with. They're out to build a client base and trust -- not just to make a buck. Case in point: They kept the old system in my condo alive for more than a year rather than push a new system on me. When I was ready to get a new system, we scheduled an installiation, then I had a snag getting financing. No problem, just call us when you're ready, they said. A week later, the financing problems cleared up and I wondered if they could come out on short notice the week after Christmas. They did and they got the job done in one day. The employees at Arctic Cool are a knowledgeable and incredibly efficient team -- one guy does the wiring, another does the air handler installation, another guy is on the roof with the condenser, somebody else is in the attic. And they custom-cut the platforms on which the air handler is placed, resulting in a neat appearance. Bottom line: They care. Believe me, you can't go wrong with this company -- I have used dozens of companies for home jobs over the past 27 years and I have never seen a firm more dedicated to straightforward customer service than Arctic Cool.

Description of Work
Arctic Cool installed a 2-ton Amana 13 SEER AC/Heating system for our two-bedroom upstairs condo (which involved hauling the condenser/compressor onto the roof). They also installed new duct work in the attic.

02/09/2011

Samantha T.

The over the phone diagnosis was not only correct but also super easy to fix. We found the problem area, made the adjustments and enjoyed the cool air. When we have used this company in the past for similar A/C malfunctions (ones we could not fix ourselves), they have been very prompt and professional. They are affordable even if you have to use them after hours. We highly recommend them!

Description of Work
I have used this company many times and each time they have been super helpful. The last time we needed their services, we had to make an after hours call. It was an unusually warm winter night. The oncall tech called us to let us know that it was going to be a while before they could respond. He asked what the problem was and helped us to diagnose what was wrong with the A/C unit. He told us how we could fix the problem ourselves.

01/27/2011

Dana C.

Both times they were very nice. They were fast and efficient.

Description of Work
Our air conditioner wasn't cooling, the come out and repaired the problem. They also came out a second time (free of charge) when it still was cooling like it used to.

08/21/2009

Melinda L.

I will use them in the future, whenever I need their services.

Description of Work
We used their services 3 months ago for our air conditioner maintenance.

08/15/2007

MERYL S.

The AC was not working and the house soon reached 90 degrees. Arctic Cool came the same day when called and worked on the unit until it was fixed. This company will now be used as our regular maintenance for our central AC unit.

Description of Work
Compressor on our central AC unit was not blowing cold air. Arctic Cool diagnosed the problem, replaced an electrical switch and added coolant.

09/25/2006

DENNIS B.

Very quick response. Came out the same day. Found problem right away and had part to fix.

Description of Work
Compressor wouldn't shut off. Icing up.

08/14/2006

BOB N.

Extremely professional and knowledgeable. Arrived for appointment a few minutes early. Performed the work in a neat and timely manner. Work was completed and test operated and is working excellent. Fair price, good work, on time, what more can you ask for.

Description of Work
Repair leak in Air Conditioning unit. Clean and tune up system. Install "Money Box" which saves money on hot water.

Category appliance repair

Appliance repair services

We aim to provide the best possible customer experience before, during, and after each appointment. Our customer support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our services and repairs.

ABC Air Conditioning and Heating Specialist Inc

Ed & Kerri Hearsay, along with Patrick Cheney & Eddie Hearsay Jr. are the proud owners of ABC Air Conditioning & Heating Specialist, Inc. Ed has a Florida Contractor License as well as NADCA certification. Kerri has an extensive business background and has operated ABC Air Duct Cleaning in Orlando for over 25 years. Eddie, Jr. grew up in the family business and has been servicing Orlando area clients for over a decade. Eddie’s a graduate from the heating, air conditioning and refrigeration technology (HVAC) program at Southern Technical College. Patrick was born and raised here in central Florida. He has been in the A/C industry for the past 17 years and has always taken pride in his work and enjoys helping people solve their heating and cooling problems. ABC Air & Heat specializes in residential and light commercial sales and service, and has technicians capable of repairing, replacing, or servicing every major make and model of HVAC equipment.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

JR Quality Appliance Service

We are a local family owned business. We take great pride in our experience, expertise, quality and customer service that we provide to meet the consumer’s needs. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship and complete customer satisfaction, from the start to the completion of a project. In order to understand the needs and expectation of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer in a professional manner. Our reputation is based on service, safety and quality, Regardless of how large or small the job. Unfortunately, we do not do warranty work, work on gas appliances or commercial units.

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Residential HVAC repair, replacement, installation, and preventative maintenance.