Superior Painting Services

Founded 1982 • With Angi since December 2009

4411 W Bay Ave

305-597-4546, FL 33131

We service parts of Miami-Dade , Pinellas, and Hillsborough counties. We employ clean, careful and courteous professionals who focus on quality and customer satisfaction through all phases from preparation to completion and final clean-up of the project. We are licensed and insured in the State of Florida. We are happy to provide referrals upon request. We receive a large amount of business from customer referrals. It is our hope that every customer becomes a spokesperson for our company. We have built a solid reputation on providing customized services to meet the needs of our clients. We understand that our customers have many companies to choose from and we are committed to surpassing expectations. Superior Painting & Home Improvement Services will provide service and quality craftsmanship making our work a true value added investment in your home or business. Contact us today for a free quote....

07/03/2018

Judith M.

These guys are the best! The prep work took a while, since I have an 82 year old home and there was a lot to address. Luckily, Pedro is an excellent problem solver and always goes above and beyond to do everything right. My home has never looked this good, and I am getting lots of compliments on it! In fact, several of my neighbors are interested in hiring this company, based on the visible quality of the work.

Description of Work
Exterior prep and paint for my home

Category house painters

WOW, Thanks for noticing our attention to proper prep as we feel like it makes a big difference in the finished product. Also thanks for the several leads we got from you since I have heard that some other painters don't have the credentials to pull permits in El Portal.

12/18/2017

Seng L.

They were great about paying attention to detail. All extraneous fixtures- including some PIA bolts from hurricane plywood were removed and fixed prior to painting. The prep took more time than the paint and it was a job VERY well done.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of house

Category house painters

Thanks for noticing our attention to detail. It was a pleasure working with you .thank you for the business. George

09/06/2017

Henning K.

Quick response but couldn't set up anything. I was willing sign a contract and to pay for an estimate, but was kindly asking for him to make the appointment with the management onsite, as I live 3 states away. He didn't want to take responsibility for that, and before reviewing option I got a pretty rude reply. Not a communication style I prefer.

Description of Work
Small drywall repair

Category drywall

Hi, As I clearly stated in multiple emails back and forth I am unwilling to get involved with setting up an appointment between the property management and the unit owner below you that had drywall damage from your toilet overflow. I was willing to show up at a time arranged by you and meet with whomever you arrange for me to meet with. I am a painter not a administrative assistant. Love , George

09/04/2017

maria J.

they came out to do an estimate- and I never heard form them again. I would have given them an 'F'- but they get a 'D' for at least showing up for their appointment.

Description of Work
interior painting

Category interior painters

After looking at your interior painting needs I did send a proposal Via Email. WOW, under the bus I go with a D without even a phone call???. George

08/22/2017

Daniel L.

The service provided by Superior Painting was "superior." Our worker, Pedro, was very thorough and aimed to please - even more noteworthy because he was unexpectedly working solo. He finished the job on time and completed a few minor touch ups without complaint. In fact, we liked Pedro so much, we wanted to take him back to Maryland! Alas, we had to say "Adios, mi amigo." The owner, George, was also very accommodating with our VERY TIGHT schedule, and stayed in regular communication re: the work. We would certainly use this company again.

Description of Work
Doors and walls of a one bedroom apartment, excluding ceiling - appx. 800 sq. feet.

Category interior painters

Hi, Thanks for all of your kind remarks and noticing our attention to detail. George

06/23/2017

Judith M.

The two gentlemen who performed the service were punctual, polite, professional, efficient, and clean. I couldn't be happier and I would definitely hire this company again. Great work and a big thank you to Pedro and his team!

Description of Work
I needed two rooms prepped and painted in my 81 year old home.

Category interior painters

We appreciate all of your kind remarks, were glad we were able to assist. Thanks, Pedro and George

06/01/2017

Bella G.

George was responsive to my email messages and he was willing to do whatever it took to get the job done right. He did a great job at matching the paint. Thank you, George!

Description of Work
Exterior was painted.

Hi, Thanks for reviewing our services. George

05/22/2017

scott L.

I had some damage done to the paint on an interior door condo that I rented this winter. Since it was such a small job I was concerned about finding somebody to come out and take care of it. They were incredibly punctual and very efficient taking care of this nuisance item for me. They Didn't treat it like it was a small job. I was very impressed

Description of Work
Painting of an interior door

Category interior painters

Thanks for the review and noticing our attention to detail. George

05/11/2017

Susan M.

We are extremely pleased with all of the work that was done. George spent a lot of time with us when he came to give us the estimate, & made good suggestions for improving the surface of our exterior. He responded in a very timely manner to my phone calls, emails & texts. Pedro & Denis spent a full 21/2 wks. on prepping the exterior & painting window frames & hurricane shutter metalwork. Their attention to detail was impressive. They were very careful to protect patio areas, stairs, as well as our landscaping, which was much appreciated. Also liked that they did not rush the job to move on to the next one. I'd rather have a slower, careful pace that results in an excellent final product- which is exactly what we got. George, Pedro, Denis & their helper were all very courteous & true gentlemen. I highly recommend them & have already referred them to a good friend of mine. Thanks, guys, for the best paint job our house has ever seen.

Description of Work
Complete exterior painting of our home, including many repairs of stucco surfaces, repair & painting of kitchen ceiling & walls, & complete painting of garage including walls, ceiling & floor.

Category house painters,interior painters

Wow , we appreciate all of your kind remarks and noticing our attention to detail, It was a pleasure working with such nice homeowners that were very knowledgeable. Thanks , George, Pedro and crew

03/30/2017

Meredith M.

Left several messages to attempt to get a quote and never heard back from anybody.

Description of Work
Exterior of house painted.

Category house painters

Hi, I didn't receive your messages maybe Miss dialed my landline? Here is my cell number if I can be of any assistance. thanks, George 813 951 5581

03/24/2017

Regina T.

I think I got them from Angie’s List. I liked everything. In particular, I liked the fact that they are neat and clean, on time. They did it in a timely fashion, professional. They did a good job and excellent prep work. We understood each other, they spoke English, I spoke English, so that was good. Here in Florida, sometimes you have to look for people that speak your language, so that you can have good communication, so that was good. I liked that. It was a good experience. The work turned out beautiful.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of the house.

Category house painters

Hi Thanks for all the kind comments, It was a pleasure working with you.

01/19/2017

Michael K.

George was quick to respond, was very informative (on all questions above and beyond the task at hand), punctual and very professional. His team was polite, very courteous and did a great job! I am finally happy with my new fence. Thank you to George and his team for a job well done. I will hire these guys again.

Description of Work
Fence staining on a newly installed fence. George and his team were hired to correct another painters mess which had left my new fence splotchy and unattractive.

Category deck cleaning,house painters

Thanks for the review it was a pleasure working for you.

10/14/2016

ANTHONY B.

Excellent! Turned out great and very friendly workers. Clean and efficient.

Description of Work
Full exterior pressure wash and paint

Category house painters

Thanks for the review, it is always a pleasure working with knowledgeable homeowners that know exactly what they want. George

08/25/2016

ANTHONY B.

Pedro and Ricardo are excellent! They treated my home as if it were their own. Very clean and detailed and reliable. Highly recommend. So pleased, am using them to pressure clean and paint the entire exterior.

Description of Work
Full interior prep and paint post a very messy window replacement project and foundation repair resulting in wall cracks etc ...

Category interior painters

Thanks for the opportunity to work with you in the interior and exterior painting. We appreciate your kind words. Pedro, Ricardo and George

07/27/2016

David E.

Excellent. Very professional, clean, well done. His prices seemed a little high to me, but the work was first rate.

Description of Work
Interior painting and a little patching.

Category interior painters

Hi, Thanks for the great Review and appreciate you recently referring us to another Family member I will be visiting very soon to provide a proposal. Thanks , George 305-597-4546

07/21/2016

Marshall S.

George's crew was extremely professional and polite. They did a wonderful job and I would definitely use them in the future. When we purchased our new house, he was very accommodating with regards to starting before we moved in.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category drywall,interior painters

Hi, It was a pleasure working with you I will work on my responsiveness or did you finger slip off of the A key? just kidding I will see you soon to work on the additional drywall replacement. Thanks , George

06/09/2016

David V.

First of all, let me say that this is the first negative review I have ever given on Angie's List. Based on the listed reviews for Superior Painting, I thought I had made a good choice. I met with George and I lied him as he seemed very meticulous. He was actually supposed to meet with me on a Friday but then when I called he said he had it down for Saturday. No big deal. He took detailed notes when I met with him and I was impressed by his attention to detail, but he does not do the painting. He quoted me about $2900 to paint some interior doors and trim and replace some door hinges and hardware, and to pressure wash my 1-story house and small patio. I thought this seemed kind of high but he told me that it would take 2 men about 3-4 days to complete. Based on this fact and given that I needed someone right away (and he could start the next day), I decided to go with him. The main problem I have is that it ended up taking 1 guy about 3.5 days and he did not adjust the price. In fairness to him, I asked him to do some (very small) extra things and he did them, but the whole job still took 1 person about 3.5 days. He said he does not base the job on the time is takes but surely it would have been a different price had he calculated the job to take 1 person 3.5 days. I assume he pays his people by the hour, right? He said he used to quote people by the time it would take and it ended up costing the customer even more. I find that hard to believe. My job cost me about $100 per man hour! So they did the work and turned out pretty well, except the guy left behind a mess at my house everyday. In addition, there were a lot of paint marks/ flecks/ tiny dots / drips on my floors, hinges and hardware. I asked George to have this cleaned up and he sent someone over but he still left a good amount of paint marks etc. What is interesting to me is that all of the good reviews that I read about Superior mentioned the names of people that I never had. It does not seem like the same company to me. As I said, George seems pretty meticulous and maybe the painters he used to have were really good, but I would recommend going over the reviews to see if they are still with Superior. If not, I would not use them. And on a different but realted note, my sister (who is not a member of Angie's List) used Superior to have her house pressure washed and she was not happy with the job. She said the work was done ok but the cleanup was poor. She said that she had to spend about an hour doing cleanup, after the guy left, and had never had this issue with the person that washed the house in the past. Finally, George was supposed to have someone come back to my house to touch up a side door that needed to be finished and drop off the extra paint for the job and I never heard back from him. Overall, I am very disappointed with the job that was done given the expense.

Description of Work
Superior Painting painted some interior doors, trim and replaced some door hinges and hardware.

Category interior painters

Thanks for taking the time to review our services. First Im sorry that you feel this way about our level of service as we always strive for customer satisfaction but was unaware that you weren't happy. "F for price" The agreed upon contract price for all items is the price as we don't work by the hour or we would be your employees! you were very happy with price when you wanted the work done immediately to get your house on the market but then buyers remorse afterwards? The question as to how long the job will take is a safe estimation on my part to have plenty of time to complete the job NOT for you to figure a hourly rate. in business we have expenses such as materials, labor, taxes, insurance, overhead and profit. your project had many additional items to take into consideration installing new door knobs, hinges, weather stripping, door sweep, kitchen cabinet hinges etc. I came back personally to clean the paint specs on the floor and install new weather stripping which you seemed happy with at the time. Not sure how things changed so drastically since the time of completion. If there is anything other than price that I can correct Please give me a call. Sincerely, George 813-839-4545

05/30/2016

Audrey S.

Their work was well done and there was no mess. It was all finished in about 6 hours.

Description of Work
The ceiling of the bedroom had recently been refinished with "knock down" so they primed the drywall on the ceiling then painted the ceiling and walls of the bedroom.

Category interior painters

Thanks for the review it was our pleasure. George

04/28/2016

Jose P.

Everything was delivered as promised . We were very reluctant to hire just anyone to paint our home as we have very picky when it comes to all details we require but George and crew were very clear as to how all surfaces were to turn out and was right on time with scheduling except for a few rain days which are to be expected. Overall everything especially Pedro's dedication to the finer details is much appreciated. We are planning on a full remodel or our interior and will be hiring Superior again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Prepped and repainted entire exterior, applied Eco friendly roof cleaning solution to entire tile roof and pressure cleaned all walkways patios decks and dock.

Category pressure washing,house painters,roof cleaning

Thanks for taking the time to review our services and can't wait to return to repaint the interior. Its always a pleasure working on a property that makes us feel like were at a vacation resort in paradise. Thanks , George

03/22/2016

April C.

They did a great job. Services were delivered when promised, and the quality was great. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
Pressure cleaned and stained a large wood deck.

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing,interior painters

Thanks for the review , George

03/21/2016

Arlo F.

Great service from start to finish. George responded promptly to all requests for information and provided a timely and competitive price for our painting project. George was great at communicating quickly with us via email and phone and arranged a very short lead time to accommodate us. He took great care to listen to all of our needs and requirements and the job execution clearly reflected that. George's painters for the job (Rod and Carlos) were completely professional, careful, conscientious and QUICK. George originally estimated 3 days for the entire job, but they were all done, neat and tidy in just a day and a half. Very easy to work with and we were completely happy with the results. We would definitely use George and Superior Painting again - thank you guys!

Description of Work
Painted all ceilings and walls of our 1550 sq ft condo except for the bathrooms and kitchen. Prepped all surfaces, moved heavy furniture as needed (covered at all times with drop cloths).

Category handyman service,interior painters

Hi, Thanks for the great review we appreciate the kind comments and noticing our attention to detail , It is always a pleasure working for a knowledgeable homeowner. George

03/10/2016

John L.

I I called Superior Painting Services to schedule a job while my wife was away. George said they are scheduling about five weeks out, and I needed the job completed in about a week and a half while my wife was away. He said to give him a few days to arrange the time, but he would definitely get the job done in the time frame. He contacted me with the date, and came on time and completed the job promptly. Thank you George, it was much appreciated. John Ludes

Description of Work
Repaired ceiling and walls of our dining room from water damage, and then painted the ceiling of dining room and kitchen, and the walls of the dining room.

Category drywall,handyman service,interior painters

Hi, Thanks for the review I'm glad we were able to work you in to the schedule in between larger projects. It is our pleasure to help whenever possible. Sincerely ,George

02/23/2016

Carol M.

I bought one of the special deals to have a room painted for $299, no trim, just materials and labor for $299. The room is an average bedroom, 12' X 13'. First, tried to add $150 to the price when I said there was a hallway, 9' long, into the room with a wall on one side and closet doors on the other. After showing him pictures and providing dimensions, he said he wouldn't charge extra for the size of the room, but wanted another $100 for extra paint, to cover the dark color. He said the deal only included 2 gallons, and if he needed another, he wanted a guarantee from me for $100. When I told him I just wanted the deal I purchased, we decided to part ways. He was professional throughout, I just felt he was working to get more money and not stick to the program I purchased -and the deal he offered in the ad. Nowhere in the add did I see the a limit on the dimensions of the room or the limit of two gallons of paint.

Description of Work
He tried to up-sell the deal. First adding $150, then, he wanted a guarantee from me that if he needed another gallon of paint, I would pay another $100.

Category interior painters

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review. The deal clearly states 1 room walls only with up to 2 gallons of paint included. After reviewing the pictures provided it was apparent that painting a light color over the existing very dark blue might require more than the 2 included gallons and mentioned if required it would be an additional $100.00. Then it was mentioned that there was an adjacent 9 foot long hall attached at which point I determined it would definitely require a third gallon at an additional cost. All of which was determined on the phone conversation with pictures. Sorry the 2 gallon deal didn't fit your needs as I could tell you were a bit frustrated. Sincerely , George

02/11/2016

Jennifer L.

Great job! George quickly returned calls, was timely with appointment and promptly completed job. Room looks beautiful. The trim work meticulous, the room transformed.

Description of Work
Paint bedroom.

02/06/2016

Alex S.

George and his team are fantastic. Not only are they great at painting (our place looks amazing), they are also super easy to do business with. I was able to sign the contract and pay online which made the process so much easier for me. I will definitely be hiring this company again for future paint jobs. A+ service.

Description of Work
Painted the walls of our 225 square foot studio and two doors.