Kings Pro Movers

Founded 1984 • With Angi since April 2003

Greetings from Mike sr. and Mike Jr. We are a Family owned and operated moving company that has serviced the Tampa Bay region for years. Throughout this time we have helped hundreds of people move safely to their new home or office. Our aim is to provide an exceptional moving experience, one that

movers (76)piano movers (2)

05/05/2022

nichole P.

Marin and Nelson were extremely efficient and assured me that everything I had would fit. I think they could tell I was worried it wouldn’t then they gave me a truck size estimate I could rent when I am ready to move again. So helpful thanks

Description of Work
Uhaul move to storage

Work Completed On 05/03/2022

12/18/2021

Tamarah H.

Super fast in getting back to me. Movers were very careful with complicated, heavy bookcase. I would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Moving Companies

Work Completed On 12/18/2021

Review for Kings Pro Movers - 9837 Stevenson Dr,  New Port Richey, FL - 39694016

11/28/2021

Isabel I.

Overall this moving process went better than I had anticipated. The guys who showed up Paul and Kevin were very respectful and listened to my requests on how they move the furniture. They moved things quickly,that's always a great thing. They work very hard and that is definitely respectable.I'm completely satisfied with this service Overall I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Moving furniture

Work Completed On 11/28/2021

11/28/2021

Marla L.

Mike Jr. and Marin are the pros you ask for when moving. They were on time (actually early) and worked like a well oil machine. They were efficient, respectful, and friendly. I would definitely use this company again!

Description of Work
Moved out of an apartment

Work Completed On 11/28/2021

11/17/2021

Tara N.

Great job. Paul and Kevin were awesome. They got everything we needed moved from our house to our storage unit.

Description of Work
Moving furniture

Work Completed On 11/17/2021

11/17/2021

Cee-Cee C.

Kings Pro overcharged me on the second day of unloading my pods, I agree to move beyond that as long as he send me the pictures of the damage done by the prior movers which he agreed to do. Since then, he has totally ignored my calls and has not send the pictures. I highly recommend that you don't trust this movers!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
They unpacked two pods for me.

Work Completed On 11/15/2021

10/21/2021

Joann B.

I am a senior and have moved many times and three times accross country and these guys are by far the best in the United States. I would highly reccomend them. Kind, coursteous, considerate and patient. Junior has been raised right. Thanks Mike.

Description of Work
Moved two homes from New Port Richey and Port Richey to Spring Hill, Florida.

Work Completed On 10/21/2021

Review for Kings Pro Movers - 9837 Stevenson Dr,  New Port Richey, FL - 39516762

10/18/2021

Brandi M.

They were over an hour late. Only had items for a 1 bedroom apartment, big items in storage. Time constraint at new place had to be done with elevator by 5 pm. We actually helped move many items up to apartment. They still after numerous calls and email never received a response. Never hire them!

Description of Work
Move my parents into independent living

Work Completed On 10/17/2021

kings Pro Movers hasn't moved this person and never received a call from this person!!! Please contact me to resolve this Asap

10/10/2021

Robert W.

We were moving to a smaller house. Being elderly and unable to do any of the work ourselves we needed movers who would take care of everything without hassle. Mike's movers did just that. They did the packing and moving. They were a godsend. They had a can-do, will-do attitude. There were no surprises. no "We can't (or won't) do that." Even when something seemed impossible, with extra effort, they did it. Their rates were the most reasonable with no surprises. Hiring anyone other than Kings Pro Movers would be a mistake.

Description of Work
We moved to a new house and needed full packing and moving services.

Work Completed On 09/05/2021

09/24/2021

John R.

Awesome! This team of Movers are highly professional. This is the second time that we have used them. They are punctual and answer all questions pertaining to your move. They carefully wrap and protect your home furnishings. If you are looking to secure a move date, I highly recommend Kings Pro Movers.

Description of Work
Move to a new home.

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

07/11/2021

Maria F.

Mike the owner was extremely helpful, and compassionate. The whole service went very well. His employees were very efficient professional, and helpful. I am very pleased with King Pro's service, and will strongly recommend this moving company. If I ever need to move again? I will hire their services again. Thank you Mike, God bless you, and your staff for your kindness.

Description of Work
Moving, storage, and moving

Work Completed On 07/11/2021

06/03/2021

Danny S.

Marion and Nelson from King's Pro Movers did an extraordinary job for us. They were very courteous, efficient and professional. They were working constantly to get the job done quickly. This was our best moving experience ever. I highly recommend their services. Mike King is the owner and he is very nice and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Local movers

Work Completed On 05/30/2021

05/12/2021

JANICE B.

This company was professional in every way. They really put my mind at ease and I felt comfortable with them moving all my furniture and tons of boxes. They called before coming, they showed up on time and worked their ***** off. It took 3 large truck loads. They did however come to me and advise me they cracked the screen of my big TV. He wrote up a report/form and said insurance will cover this. They don't just carry the state minimum like most companies. They replaced my TV within 2 weeks with like kind and quality. Michael Jr. personally hand delivered the Tv and took it out of the box to make sure everything worked. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Thanks for moving all my stuff!

Description of Work
Moved from one home to another

Work Completed On 03/26/2021

05/10/2021

Stefan C.

King's Pro Movers (KPM) is an avoid-at-all-costs company, and by far the shadiest moving company I have ever dealt with (and I've used a number of movers in the past). I'll start with KPM's false claim on its website that it is a BBB Accredited Company. Shame on me for taking KPM at its word - after the move I visited the BBB website and it actually has an "F" rating, based both on its failure to address a complaint (not mine) and its false claim on its website that it is a BBB accredited business. But, even aside from falsely representing itself on its website, KPM also engages in classic "bait and switch" practice. I hired KPM for both moving and storage, and asked it to do a "fragile pack" of dishes, china, etc. During my initial conversation with Mike Sr., I offered to do a video walkthrough to show exactly what items needed to be fragile packed, but he declined. After our conversation, Mike Sr. sent me an offer via email for a total move & storage price, with express language promising that there would be no additional fees or charges. On the day of the move, KPM ran out of fragile pack materials. So, I had to go to a hardware store to buy more (approx. $50). At the end of the day, after everything was loaded onto the trucks, Mike Jr. (Mike Sr.'s son) told me that I owed an additional $150 because there were more dishes than Mike Sr. expected. Again - Mike Sr. declined my offer to do a video walkthrough, so he developed that assumption all on his own. Faced with a walkthrough of my house the next day, and a company that now had all of my stuff on their trucks at 5pm, I had no choice but to pay the extra amount. I should note that this practice violates multiple laws governing Florida-licensed movers. KPM also doesn't use dedicated TV boxes, instead wrapping TVs up in moving blankets. On the other side of the move, I noticed two small scratches on the screen of my new 65" TV. The scratches were admittedly small, and only noticeable up close, but they weren't there prior to the move. Because they were small, and living room renovations delayed my hanging the TV (which had been untouched in a different room since the move), it took me a couple of weeks to notice them and notify KPM. KPM did not initially dispute any responsibility, and Mike Jr. even stated to me that a splinter caught in a moving blanket could have scratched the screen. It was only after learning that fixing the scratches would require replacing the screen (at a cost of around $800), that KPM suddenly suggested that the scratches may have been caused by someone else. To make matters worse, KPM then tried to claim that its liability was limited to 60 cents/pound for the damage. On what grounds? Well, on the day the movers arrived, Mike Jr. handed me a sheet with the agreed cost on the front (which I looked at), and a bunch of tiny print on the back (which I didn't have a chance to look at) that included the limitation on liability. But here's the thing - Florida Statutes section 507.04 requires that any limitation of liability has to be provided at the time the estimate is given, and KPM made no such limitation. Therefore, it's attempt to unilaterally impose that limitation violates Florida law. To review, KPM lied about the fact that it was a BBB accredited business (it isn't), tacked on extra costs after loading all of my stuff onto its trucks (violation of Fla. Stat. 507.05 and 507.07), and impermissibly tried to limit its liability after entering into a contract with me (violation of Fla. Stat. 507.04). Oh, AND it still hasn't paid me a dime for the damage to the TV or for broken picture glass in a picture frame that it was responsible for packing. And this isn't even getting into smaller things noted by others on this site, such as dents in wall or scratched floors. Anyone considering this company needs to stay as far away as possible. Based on my past dealings with Mike Sr., I anticipate a strongly worded response to this review. The difference, however, is that I have documentation (and screenshots of KPM's false statements on its website) to back up every single thing I have said.

Description of Work
Moving and storage

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

Review for Kings Pro Movers - 9837 Stevenson Dr,  New Port Richey, FL - 39326011

03/31/2021

Mona G.

The moving did was excellent! They provided great customer service, took great care of my furniture and had a very positive attitude throughout the entire move. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moving furniture

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

02/22/2021

Candace R.

Karl and Paul were Great. They were very professional and all around just amazing. I will definitely use them again. Super fast and trust worthy!!!!!

Description of Work
Packing and Moving

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

02/05/2021

Kristen F.

Great! Paul and “K”arl were great and professional. I highly recommend this service. Mike made scheduling easy and worked with my schedule. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Moving Furniture to Storage

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

01/30/2021

Sarah P.

Moved a 1 bedroom apartment in 3hrs! Paul and Karl were efficient, punctual, and gentle with my furniture. They made sure to not hit any walls or makeup any of my things. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Moving from storage unit to apartment

Work Completed On 01/30/2021

12/23/2020

David L.

Excellent service! Some “undisclosed fees” even though I had inquired....

Description of Work
Moving and set up

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

09/08/2020

Danielle W.

What a fantastic experience from Kings Pro! I cannot say enough about the experience I had with this company. I had three amazing men assigned to me for my move. As can be expected in a big move, there is always more than you originally think. These guys were planning on doing one trip for me but once the first truck was packed (amazing how much they fit on there!) it was obvious I would need another trip to get everything. They offered to make another trip for me, no questions asked. They hustled the entire day, only stopping maybe 15 minutes total for breaks during an 8 hour move. They were so pleasant to work with and they cracked jokes the entire time, making a really stressful day a little more bearable. Would hands down use them on my next move and whole heartedly recommend!

Description of Work
Moving 3,500 sq ft house

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

09/08/2020

Y A.

They were 3 hours late and did not call to give me updates. They guys had an argument about who was doing the most work while they were loading the truck. When they unloaded the guy dragged all the furniture across the floor and scratched the floor in various places. The worst one was where they put the couch. The guy pushed the couch in place and did a deep scratch on the floor. I emailed Mike 3 times with the pictures of the damages, I have called Mike 4 times, and have left voicemails on each occasion, and he he's not replied to any of it. Yes, they are affordable, but if they cause damages, which all movers do, they will not repair the damages they caused; sorry, they will not even answer you. So, buyer beware! You are better off paying more with a company that will at least repair the things that they damage.

Description of Work
Moving 5 boxes, a bed with a chest and 2 night tables, a couch with ottoman, a small entertainment center, and a light and small desk with chair.

Work Completed On 08/30/2020

Review for Kings Pro Movers - 9837 Stevenson Dr,  New Port Richey, FL - 38858491

08/30/2020

Crystal L.

The company got us in last min, thanks to a cancellation, and were extremely helpful!! The movers, Karl and Mark were fantastic!! They made sure all our items were well protected. They were friendly, very well mannered, which is always great being a single woman on her own, and treated us with great respect! They even worked while it was raining making sure our house and items were kept dry. I would highly recommend this company again!! Fabulous job!!!

Description of Work
Multiple heavy pieces of furniture moved from house to POD storage unit on street.

Work Completed On 08/30/2020

07/22/2020

Jennifer Z.

The movers were fantastic. They were on time, very king and hard working. They got the job done very quickly and without damaging any furniture. They handled the entire project very respectfully and professionally. I would highly recommend them for anyone.

Description of Work
Moved my furniture from one home to another