ABX Contracting

With Angi since June 2013

4.4

121 Trotter Drive West

Wilmington, DE 19810

ABX Contracting is your local home improvement and restoration company! We offer only the best service at the most affordable prices. Whether your looking to expand with your dream addition, or just clean out those dirty gutters, we do it all! No job too big or too small. ABX Contracting is a licensed, bonded and insured company. Give us a call today for a free estimate....

11/27/2015

Susan C.

They were wonderful. They were very professional and did what I expected them to and beyond!

Description of Work
Redid the kitchen, put up and grouted a backsplash, installed a tile floor.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

07/14/2015

Deborah M.

See above. I do not fault them for the loss of the money for the coupons, but I do fault them for not returning the $600 material deposit. This was a very disappointing experience, and has made me think twice before purchasing another big deal.

Description of Work
Nothing -- we talked about 2-3 different projects and they even came to put in new ceilings in my porch but the guy who came were unaware of the plan I'd worked out with someone else from the company so it didn't happen. Then when I asked for a return of the $600 materials deposit (in addition to what I had paid for a 'big deal' coupon) they said they were short on cash and could they just plan on doing another project? I did have other projects but we couldn't work out a plan that I felt good about (I needed some bigger work done in kitchen and bathroom but honestly I didn't quite trust them after the porch thing fell through). Then communication dropped off and in the end they did nothing, and kept my $600 materials deposit to boot! I sent them texts & emails multiple times to contact them since last spring and they would not respond.

Category contractors, decks, drywall, masonry, deck cleaning

08/19/2014

MARIE D.

I tried to contact them several times before the expiration date. I only reached voicemail, left a message with my contact information, and they never got back in touch. I have since decided to have a larger remodel project done with in my kitchen and I want a refund for this Big Deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for the installation of a ceramic tile backsplash. I wanted to have the work done in my kitchen.

08/13/2014

Melissa R.

We had some initial communication issues but they worked itself out. The area was a small space that turned out to be a bit more difficult than expected such as the sink be installed poorly by a previous contracter but Chris was very professional and did a wonderful job. He fixed the sink so it was installed properly. He pays great attention to detail and does the job right. I also used them to re-do my flat roof in the late Spring. They got the job done right away and for a reasonable a good price.

Description of Work
Tiled one of my bathrooms

Category contractors, ceramic tile

07/28/2014

Edgar K.

I purchased a Big Deal for flooing tile work to be done. When ABX came out to do the estimate they said the kitchen was "too big" to be done with the Deal I purchased. They said they would do some other "handyman" type jobs around the home with my purchase if I wanted. I agreed that they could install a hand rail on the stair case and hanging a french door instead. Several months went by without hearing anything and when I emailed them about installing the rail, they asked if I had purchased it yet. I've decided not to use them going forward since they don't seem to be interested in doing the work at this point

Description of Work
Nothing. They would not do the job I needed done.

Category flooring contractor

07/17/2014

John B.

It went well but took them a couple of weeks to come out.

Description of Work
They tiled the bathroom floor and replaced the damage on or floor.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

06/11/2014

Carol F.

They did a very good job, although it did take longer than I expected

Description of Work
Take off and replace gazebo roof with new cedar shakes and replace cupola. Power wash and paint deck and seats of gazebo. Remove all trash from job.

Category contractors, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

06/08/2014

Erik L.

Twice the company failed to show up after we had scheduled a time for them to come perform the work.

05/14/2014

Bryan G.

The service turned out fine. There were extra fees for the tile we picked out. The fee was reasonable for what we needed. I was never home while they were doing the service but my wife was home. She seemed to like the technicians who came out. Scheduling was a little tough and it took them a little longer to get out than I had hoped.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for New Ceramic Tile Floor or Backsplash; Demolition, Labor, and Materials Included.

04/02/2014

Patricia M.

On Monday Chuck and the foreman came to start work on the kitchen floor. I was told I needed more tiles so I went and purchased them. When I returned, tile was being laid, I asked if he removed the old tile and was told it wasn't necessary. They came back Tuesday and finished laying tile and when the foreman put the thresholds down it was not level at all. The new tile is thick. I'm not happy with that as it has become a tripping problem. I was told by the foreman to take a wet sponge and wipe the grouting powder the next day as it wasn't worth his while to drive all that way to do. So I had to do it myself with my bad knees. It took 4 months to obtain a receipt for the job.

Description of Work
Chuck came on Mon 11-11-2013, removed tiles from bathroom floor, cleaned up afterwards. Before he left he said he would be back tomorrow with some other guys and continue. On tues, Chuck showed up on time alone, saying help is coming. No one else came, Chuck laid sub-floor and partly laid new tiles. On Wednesday , Chuck came on time alone, I called Chris for explanation and he said no other help available until Monday. Chuck accidently broke water valve so I had to call in a plumber and pay $245.00. On Thursday Chuck came on time. When he removed the toilet he said the flange was corroded and needed to be replaced. He felt my pain and agreed to go to Home Depot and replace it. He finished tiling and it looks beautiful. Chuck is a good hard worker.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing

03/26/2014

TONY D.

They were very clean and respectful of my property and so was their employees

Description of Work
They replace the tile and did a very nice job they had to replace the wet bed so there was a cost and a cost to remove and put back the toilet.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing

03/24/2014

audrey R.

I ended up getting a refund on it because I couldn’t get in touch with the gentleman to even come out and look at it. I eventually got tired of the phone tag and got the Big Deal refunded. They could be a good company, but I had a bad experience.

Description of Work
I purchased a $349 Big Deal for new ceramic tile floor or backsplash.

03/13/2014

Anthony R.

It turned out pretty good. However, there were a couple of times when they were supposed to show up but didn’t. Once the work started, though, it was fine.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal from them for a new ceramic tile floor, and they also did a wall.

03/07/2014

megan G.

sent message, two emails and one voicemail..no reply from contracotr.

Category handyman service

03/03/2014

Walker P.

I ended up not using them because they were too far away. However, when I called them, they seemed to be very accommodating and willing to do the job. I just felt that it wouldn’t be worth the effort for them to come all this way.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal from them for 4 hours of general contracting, carpentry, or wood-rot repair.

Category remodeling, woodworking

03/03/2014

Joseph T.

When they started the job, the informed me that due to the sub-floor, he would either have to rip out the entire sub-floor or tile over the existing tile. Since it was more economical to tile over, they proceeded with the floor. Chris initially stated that he would charge $70 extra to replace the vanity, but after completing the job he charged me an additional $200. There was also a minor leak in the drain pipe on the sink which became worse after the reinstallation. He said he could replace the pipe for about $80 and would call me back later that day to let me know if he would come back. He never called, nor replied to my later call to him.

Description of Work
Installed tile in small (4' x 5') bathroom and replaced small vanity.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, home remodeling

02/27/2014

Carla B.

I purchased an Angie's List deal which included removal of the old tile, installing new backing board, installing and grouting 40 square feet of tile, which covers the cost of tile, grout, & labor. I knew the tile I wanted wasn't going to be covered and would have to purchase it, but I also had to purchase the grout. After weeks of leaving messages and emails I was finally contacted to schedule installation. They did a nice job but did not put down any kind of tarps on the floor or newly installed granite counter top. It took me three times to mop up the mess from the floor & counters. Then when I went to have the outlets remounted to sit flush, the electrician couldn't even move the light switch because the tile covered the screw holding in the switch. ABX did come back out to correct the problem but I felt the entire process to be very unprofessional. In the end the tiles look great, and they resolved the problems I had but not worth the grief and aggravation.

Description of Work
I had a new tile backsplash installed behind my sink in the kitchen.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

01/10/2014

Terri S.

Initially it was to be a small job, just tile flooring - - when they took up the old floor then noticed the structural flooring was inadequate so they installed that also. Unfortunately, everything could not be done in one day and because it seems to be just the two of them it took several weeks for the job to be completed - - I will say they were very nice and professional and did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
They installed flooring - - structural and tile

12/30/2013

Mike E.

We had a small issue with the original date of installation as two of their crew were out sick. Chris the supervisor actually came to start the work that same day and it was finished the next day. They had to cut out the old tile and drywall and replace it. The job was not simple as it involved cutting colored tiled and having to match the pattern on the ends of the wall. They did tremendous work and I would definitely call them again when I decide to do my bathrooms.

Description of Work
ABX ran a special on tile work and since I had just purchased a new backsplash for my kitchen I decided to but a big deal from ABX.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service

12/27/2013

Andrea M.

They came out, were on time and courteous. Their price was comparable. I think I'll call them back in the spring.

Description of Work
They came out and gave me an estimate for a basement bathroom.

Category drywall, plumbing, home remodeling, basement remodeling

12/25/2013

Eugene G.

Floor turned out great and matches an existing floor that was installed 3 years ago by another contractor.

Description of Work
Installed a custom floor tile pattern using marble and glass tiles; built up one area of floor; and installed cove molding.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

12/22/2013

Rebekah M.

I purchased a backsplash deal. There were customizations that increased the price, but all was explained and we still received a fair price. Our kitchen backsplash looks phenomenal!

12/20/2013

Karen Y.

The guy from ABX was fine, we just had a miscommunication regarding the size of the job and the added expense. I wish now we could have spoken by phone and not simply via email through the process. I think it would have helped.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from ABX Contracting.

12/16/2013

Al G.

I picked 3 possible dates for the work to be done. No one called me or got back to me and I was supposed to hear from them within 24 hours. It took 3-4 phone calls to get ahold of the service provider and then they could not do the work till the middle of December. He also told me that he would pull the toilet for free if I paid for the tile myself. The tile was supposed to be included with the cost of the big deal. He also told me there would be an extra cost if I used tile of a slightly different dimension than standard tile. I just saw a bunch of red flags and have decided to ask for a refund.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for Last Chance: $349 for New Ceramic Tile Floor or Backsplash; Demolition, Labor, and Materials Included

11/26/2013

Barbara J W.

It went pretty well. I purchased a deal through Angie's List and it took a few weeks to get booked which I feel was to be expected. I should have opted for 4 hours of service by 1 individual instead of 2 hours by 1 person, it would have been a better value. The downside of purchasing a deal is the contractor doesn't visit before hand so they have no real idea as to how long a particular job will take. Chris did call to set up the appointment promptly but we it took one or two attempts to make contact to confirm appointment. He sent his guys to the site and they were prompt which is much appreciated. The work quality was very good but I think it was a little on the high side. I provided the materials along with purchasing the original deal and it ran in total, $800. I am pleased the result. I believe I would work with ABX again.

Description of Work
Replaced rotten wood on porch over-hang and along part of the front of the house along the gutter. Installed a post support for the porch.

Skylight Pros by Blue Bell

We offer quality and affordable skylight installation and replacement services. Please give us a call at 215-200-8756 or 302-494-2049 for a free estimate for your project.

Done Right Today

Done Right Today is FAST, FRIENDLY, & AFFORDABLE. We are always available to provide plumbing and drain cleaning services at a time that is confident for you. Locallly owned and operated out of Delaware. Call today!!!

Offers by Done Right Today on Angi
    Beyond Gutters

Owners Patty and Rick Smith have over 40 yrs experience. We started Beyond Gutters in 1999 to offer homeowners help with home remodeling such as gutters, windows and roofing while giving great customer service, quality products with workmanship warranties and attention to detail without the high pressure and high pricing. We offer free estimates and referral lists. We provide prompt appointments with one of the owners, a demonstration of our products along with a referral list and a free estimate in writing. Family owned and operated since 1999. Serving DE, Southern PA and surrounding areas in MD. Call us today to schedule your appointment - (302) 239-1222 Additional e-mail - beyondguttersinc@gmail.com

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

We build custom homes and additions. We also offer the following, but not limited too, carpentry, kitchens and baths, basement remodeling, windows and doors, custom tile and hardwoods,decks, all phases of roofing, siding, stucco and exterior repairs.