Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair

Founded 2001 • With Angi since May 2012

18766 John J Williams Hwy Unit 4

Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971

Lakeside Pottery is "A" rated by Angielist. We are a ceramic art studio, Kintsugi art studio and nationally recognized Ceramic and Sculpture Restoration services provider. Lakeside Pottery Studio was established in 2001 focused on art restoration, custom made pottery and Kintsugi art. We strive for the highest quality and we treat each object entrusted to us with the utmost care. We repair and restore a wide range of materials which include pottery, ceramic, porcelain, china, terra-cotta, clay, stoneware, stone, metal sculpture, plaster, resin, wood and other materials.We offer Kintsugi art shown in our on-line gallery or custom made. Lakeside Pottery Studio has been selected and received receive the Better Business Bureau (BBB) 2019 Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics. The Torch Award is the most prestigious award the BBB can present to a business. Torch Award winners demonstrate the highest ethical standards and trust with customers, business partners, shareholders and the communities in which they do business. Being a recipient of this award indicates the company not only believes in the high standards promoted by the BBB, but consistently demonstrates and integrates them into daily business practices....

12/25/2020

David H.

Lakeside Pottery was able to repair my wife's broken one-of-a-kind coffee mug of great personal value. The repair is perfect--impossible to detect that the mug was ever broken. E-mails answered promptly and fully. Couldn't have been happier working with these very skilled and caring folks

Description of Work
Repair of broken ceramic mug

06/01/2015

Alison F.

ASTOUNDING!!!!! I didn't know that workmanship like this even existed until I found Lakeside and Morty, This piece was very special to me. I purchased it from a ritzy China Shop when I was 14. I saw it in the window and inquired about the price. Needless to say a kid couldn't afford something like that BUT, they had one in the back with a broken tail that they offered to sell me for $25; every penny I could put together and it was mine. I glued the tail and put a ribbon around it and was happy as could be. 50 years later I had a UPS Store pack it for me (they're supposed to know what they are doing, right?) so I could carry it to a new home we are moving to. When I opened it I found it was destroyed (about 50 pieces). The store took no responsibility for their packaging even when I explained that I personally transported it. Where to go now.................Angie's List.................and I found Lakeside and Morty, Patty and Mike. What great artists they are! Morty explained the cost to repair this and the three levels of repair that they offered. He even suggested I might be able to find another one on EBay which would be much cheaper than repairing it. As upset as I was he knew that would not be an option. He was so kind to me and listened to my story while I tried to keep back tears. I never felt at all foolish for wanting to put this kind of money into a $25 item; it had so much meaning to me. When I saw the finished product I knew that I had received a very good price. It looked amazing. It goes without saying that there were no visible breaks; but the way the paint was matched and the shading was done; it was, simply put, a work of art. It is easy to see why people come to Ladeside from all over the World; yes all over the WORLD and I had a chance to see some of those pieces. I am so GRATEFUL to Morty, Patty and Mike for giving me back something so special to me, and now the tail no longer wears a ribbon!

Description of Work
Repaired and restored a broken (about 50 pieces) a Mare and Foal Ceramic approx. 10.5' by 14.5'.

07/26/2014

GLENN C.

Sent request for estimate which to which I received a prompt reply. Sent piece in for repair along with a check for deposit of 1/2 the cost and was given an estimated completion of up to 60 days. The piece was repaired in half that time (approx. 30 days). Looks as if it were never broken!

Description of Work
Repaired broken ceramic figurine

02/07/2014

Paul M.

Lakeside Pottery was a true find. I had a Royal Crown Copenhagen porcelain figurine that had been in my family for generations which I had inherited. Over the years there was deterioration. I was anxious to locate someone who had the experience and talent to do this repair...and so I did... I had only heard good things about Angie"s List and decided to give it a try....My lovely figurine was repaired to perfection... Elizabeth Meyerson Rye Brook, N.Y

Description of Work
See Below

01/04/2013

Karl S.

The service was great overall! They gave us less expensive alternatives and were good to work with. The creamer looks better than it did before we broke it!

Description of Work
We broke a creamer from the 1920s that they restored.

01/04/2013

RODIE T.

Overall, the experience was great. They were meticulous and the way he repaired it, I couldn’t even tell where it had been broken!

Description of Work
They repaired a broken lladro.

01/03/2013

John M.

The service went very well overall. They know what they’re doing!

Description of Work
They repaired some ceramic.

12/17/2012

R. L.

I have a life size ceramic poodle that had broken in numerous places over the many years it has been in my house. Over the years when it broke my Dad would glue it. As it aged, the glue changed color to different shades of brown. In a recent move it broke again and this time I realized I needed a professional to repair it. I spoke with Morty at Lakeside Pottery and he said he'd have to see the piece. We made a date and I brought it to him. He examined it like a doctor would and said he would have to dissolve the glue first, then repair it and then re glaze it where necessary. He gave me the option of it looking brand new or repair it where the breaks might still be visible but the pieces would all be back in place, and prices for both. The final outcome was amazing. It looks brand new and I feel lucky to have found Lakeside Pottery. I would highly recommend him as a nice person to deal with and an artistic professional.

05/26/2012

lllll A.

The process was explained to me and I was provided with information regarding the level of difficulty involved in the repairs so as to keep my expectations in check. That said, the results of both repairs far surpassed my expectations. The Nippon was repaired in a way that even I, knowing where the break and chip had been, could not detect it without very close inspection. The color match was outstanding. The result of the repair on the plate was much cleaner than I ever expected. Not perfect but, again, if you didn't know it had been broken, you wouldn't notice anything amiss. Everything lined up, was even and the color match was incredible The amount of time it took to perform the repairs was very reasonable The work of a true master! I am grateful for the eye to detail and efforts made to go that extra mile! Worth every penny!!!! Thanks Morty!!

Description of Work
I brought in 2 ceramic pieces for repair.The first was a small Nippon dish with moriage on the exterior and a hand-painted scene on the interior. The break was fairly clean but it went straight through the area of moriage and the painting. There was a small chip on the edge The second item was a large ceramic plate that my cat had accidentally tipped on the floor and as a result it broke into many peices. I had glued it back together but it was a sorry excuse for a repair. I brought it in to see if anything could be done.

China Repair
    Gifts
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Cooking ceramic ware.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair

How is Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair overall rated?

Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair open?

Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair is open:

Monday: 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Wednesday: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Saturday: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM

What payment options does Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair provide

Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Does Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair offer free estimates?

Yes, Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair offers free project estimates.

Does Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair offer a senior discount?

No, Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair?

Yes, Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair offers warranties.

What services does Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair offer?

Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair offers the following services: Repair, fix and restore a wide range of materials which include pottery, ceramic, porcelain, china, terra-cotta, clay, stoneware, stone. Brands: Bavaria Belleek Boehm Cybis Deldare Delft Doulton Dresden Fiesta Franciscan Haviland Hummel Imari Jasperware Lalique Lenox Limoges Lladro McCoy Meissen Minton Moorcroft Nippon Red Wing Rosemead Roseville Royal Bayreuth Royal Copenhagen Royal Doulton Royal Worchester Steuben Tiffany Vienna Porcelain Wade Figurines Warwick Wedgewood Weller

Are there any services Lakeside Pottery Ceramic and Sculpture Repair does not offer?

Cooking ceramic ware.