PAINT DOCTOR

Founded 2008 • With Angi since May 2010

99 Albe Dr. Suite A

Newark, DE 19702

Richard C. Edwards Jr., owner, started Paint Doctor in 2002. Paint Doctor is licensed and insured and has earned the highest rating from the Better Business Bureau of Delaware for a painting contractor. Paint Doctor prides itself on its personal yet professional approach to working with customers and holds itself to the highest standards with all projects. Richard Edwards, his family and staff hope to continue to operate a business they can be proud of, with personal attention to customers remaining paramount. The Paint Doctor staff follows one main objective when performing our services. Customers and their home are treated with the utmost respect. Our workmanship and quality of of personnel is demanded at every step of the project. It all starts with having the highest quality employees that carry integrity ad a good work ethic. We treat your home as we would expect someone to treat ours. Preparation before painting is paramount. Just open the door and we will handle the rest....

07/08/2021

Michael P.

Was scheduled for shutters and front door to be painted. Price was fair, estimate written up. I agreed to work and they provided a date. Date was postponed due to weather, totally understandable. They then re-scheduled for a Saturday. Supervisor reviewed details with me prior to start of the day. Here’s where it went sideways. They did not have shutter screws to install. Part of estimate was to install shutter screws in areas I couldn’t reach. Supervisor left to go buy shutter screws. As painting began, I noticed the painters did not prep the shutters. They didn’t clean them or sand them at all and one of the shutters had bird poop. I stopped the painter as he was going to paint right over everything. Next, I noticed that the painters were not painting underneath the bottom of shutter, so it would have been my old color. I called Supervisor and he said he would take care of it all. Didn’t see Supervisor again. In talking with painter, he said it was the only job of the day. So I feel, they just rushed the job to get it done. Overall, the actual paint was OK. But, if I wasn’t watching when they started, it would have been terrible.

Description of Work
Shutters and Front Door

07/25/2016

Scott R.

It went great! These gentlemen did a fine job. They had many tasks ahead of them, and they handled it very well. I have asbestos siding which needed power washing( chalky), old peeling windows that needed to be scraped, and a sizeable deck they painted as well. This was done in less than two days, the power washing was completed several days before hand.

Description of Work
Painting of the whole house

12/25/2015

02/08/2015

STEPHEN P.

I am extremely happy with the quality of the work by Paint Doctor. Not only were they the most reasonable priced bid, but they were able to offer a very convenient and quick date of service. The work was exceptionally well done, and any last minute adjustments needed were attended to quickly and professionally. Their follow up was remarkable and they offer a 2 year work guarantee. Would absolutely use them in the future and not hesitate to refer someone to them.

Description of Work
Entire interior house painting

01/14/2015

Danielle U.

Description of Work
Took down wallpaper, painted, trim work

Category wallpaper removal,interior painters

05/07/2014

Nancy G.

Description of Work
Pressure washed and stained a 16x16 pergola. |Replaced tread on steps with Timbertech. |Added a hand rail to the back steps. |Cleaned a rusty Bilco door and painted it. Inside and out. |Replaced a utility door frame where it had rotted. |Pressure washed and sealed a brick wingwall. |Workmanship was top quality!. They went the extra mile to make sure that everything was as I wanted it. Could not have asked for a better experience for getting a job done.

Category handyman service,interior painters

04/21/2014

SARAH T.

The woman on the phone was polite and pleasant. She set up a convenient apt for the estimate and the gentleman showed up on time and professional. The quote was exactly the cost of the work and it was completed quickly. The men who did the work were also polite and professional. They protected the furniture well. They was completed beautifully. The only complaint was that one outlet cover went on upside down. This group deserves the high ratings listed!

Description of Work
Painted two rooms and a hallway

02/26/2014

Nicole D.

We have used the Paint Doctor twice now to do interior painting. They've painted all but 2 rooms in our home. Each time, they were prompt, professional, and hardworking. They did an exceptional job in each room, patching and fixing a lot of and quot;mistakesand quot; left by the previous homeowners and painting ceilings and walls meticulously. We are very pleased with the results and would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for interior painters.

Description of Work
The Paint Doctor did some interior painting for us.

02/24/2014

Elizabeth A.

The young man who came was on time, took great lengths to make sure everything was covered and/or removed from the room, very friendly and professional. He took the time to explain everything he was going to do, and asked me if I had any questions, I have had The Paint Doctor to my home 3 times now. I had estimates from other companies and always go back to the Paint Doctor. I have recommended them to my friends and they also contracted with them and were as happy as I was with their work. In fact, I have them coming again for work in my kitchen. No need to go anywhere else. They are the best. I was so impressed with the young man who did the sun room that I made him lunch.

Description of Work
prepare and paint sunroom

02/21/2014

Betsy W.

The men who came to do the job seemed to have been called away before the job was truly completed, collected the monies due and left in a hurry. When I checked the job from the 2nd floor of my house I could see that the tops of the trellis's showed unpainted wood. Though the workers returned the job was never completed in a professional manner. I would never recomment this company. I can confirm the date of the work if needed. Betsy West

Description of Work
I used this company about two years ago, prior to joining Angie's List. The owner (?) was professional in response and demeanor. Mine was a small job repainting exterior trellis's and fencing.

Category house painters

I wish we would have heard about these issues sooner. It is important to us to know that you are happy with the work that was performed. We would like to have the opportunity to come back and correct anything that you may be unhappy with. Feel free to call us at your convenience Thank You, Richard Edwards Jr..

02/20/2014

Ed H.

Description of Work
Did not use because of the high estiment that was given

01/14/2014

Ryan S.

Owner was very nice and seemed to understand what we wanted. He also had good ideas and well as help us pick out paint colors. He was very knowledgeable and made comfortable that we made a good choice. We liked him a lot. We made the assumption that he was going to be here for the whole paint job. He actually has a paint crew that he goes over the details with and then they pretty much do all the painting without him there. He did come back in the evenings to check on things when we asked. The paint crew is fast and does a decent job of painting. They will do pretty much anything you ask, such as repair trim, move light switches, install door handles, etc. Our home turned out wonderful. We love the colors and the updated look. What we didn't like was more in the details. If your a perfectionist, you'll have some issues. Examples, the painters do not remove any hardware from the walls. In the bathrooms, the towel holder were painted around. All the door knobs were painted around. There was some over paint in areas that I had to later touch up. They also painted over nails, screws, etc. instead of removing them. I even found a door key on top of one of the trim boards above the door painted over. We would have preferred more time taken and a smaller crew to paint our home with the owner part of the paint crew. All-in-all, I think they did a decent job. We actually expected and wanted a more attention to details for the money we paid. Felt like we paid too much for the quality of the work but do like the outcome never-the-less. Probably would not use again based on price.

Description of Work
Painted all the interior walls, ceilings, and trim for a 2600 square foot home plus basement. Also did trim repair and replaced wane's coating in main level bathroom. Painted white all wood in dining room, on dining room entry doors, and on back patio doors. Other minor repairs and changes.

12/06/2013

Joseph M.

They were punctual and professional. They did a great job. I highly recommend Paint Doctor for indoor painting needs.

Description of Work
I used PAINT DOCTOR.

Category house painters,interior painters

08/13/2013

Judith B A.

The same day I called for an estimate the owner came out to give me one. The painting was scheduled at my convenience. One the day scheduled, two men arrived promptly at 9 a.m. They worked steadily until 7 p.m. when the job was finished. Two coats of paint were put on the walls, ceiling and trim. In addition cracks in the ceiling were patched and a water stain in another room was taken care of. The men were well mannered and careful. No paint splattered on the carpet. The furniture was moved to the center of the room and covered. Plastic sheeting was put over the doorways to minimize the spread of dust from the sanding necessary to repair the ceiling cracks. The owner came during the day to check on the work and was there when the men finished the job. We would use the Paint Doctor again. We were very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
We contracted to have our large (15x30) family room with 10 foot ceiling painted.

07/28/2013

Marie R.

This is the 3rd time I have used Paint Doctor for my home painting needs. I was having 3 bathrooms remodeled and I called Paint Doctor to set up an appointment to paint the rooms once the remobdeling was done as my contractor did not do painting. We set up time and then my contractor doing the work ran into some issues which delayed them completing the job. I had to call and re-schedule when Paint Doctor could do the painting. They were so friendly and flexible and were more then willing to set up a new schedule to have the painting completed in the timeframes I needed it done (before my daughter's graduation party). They did a fantastic job and completed the work in a day and 1/2 (they quoted me 2 days to do the work). I have never had any issues with Paint Doctor calling me back when I call them. As a matter of fact I usually get a call back the same day. I highly recommend this company for any painting needs or home improvement needs. Responsive owner, friendly staff and they always do an excellent job with no clean up on my part.

Description of Work
Painted 2 bathrooms, 1 powder room and 1 bedroom. Fixed nail holes in walls, took off old border.

06/25/2013

LYNNE C.

Did not respond to my email or phone call

Description of Work
Never responded to my email or phone call

Category interior painters

Hello (deleted member name), Please accept our sincerest apologies for not being contacted to schedule your free estimate. While we strive to meet all of our customers expectations somehow your request wasn't met with the urgency it deserved. I would hope to have the opportunity to do business with you in the future, but if that is not possible we wish you the best of luck with all of your painting needs. Sincerely, Richard Edwards Jr. President

05/20/2013

Brian M.

Crew was friendly, professional and clean. Completed the entire job in about 3 days - right on schedule. They did great work for a very good price. We will use them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Painted interior of kitchen, living room/dining room, halls, doors and trim. Also power washed and stained deck.

Category pressure washing,interior painters

03/08/2013

Alan/Brent & Michella L.

Excellent!

Description of Work
We are completely satisfied with their work! The crew were very nice and fast but not to fast to where they missed anything. They cleaned up and I didn't see any drops of paint anywhere. We have had other contractors who have taken our money and ran so we were very spectacle about hiring them or anyone for that matter. They have an A+ on the BBB site then I checked here on Angie's and the also have an "A" on here so I went with them and I am sure glad I did! AWESOME workmanship AWESOME Crew AWESOME COMPANY!!!! Thank You Paint Doctor (Rich & Chris) we will see you soon on our next Paint Job!!!!

01/17/2013

Marie R.

Fantastic experience. Easy to work with, price was reasonable, they did great job and I didn't find any paint spots anywhere! They cleaned up afterwards and other then a brand new looking room, you would have never known they had done work as it was left so clean.

Description of Work
Painted dining room and installed medallion on ceiling and picture framing on walls.

Category handyman service,interior painters

05/27/2011

Colleen M.

It went pretty well. A year later, in the kitchen, there were some cracks that the ceiling fan could have made, and he came back and painted the whole kitchen ceiling for free. We did find some paint splatters. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the Paint Doctor to paint two complete rooms and the trim in a third room. Richard Edward, Jr. is the owner.