Paddy's LLC

Founded 2013 • With Angi since September 2013

2702 Kirkwood Hwy

Newark, DE 19711

Paddy’s is a local family owned and operated business. Paddy’s is located in Newark, DE, where most of our employees, including the owner, have lived for most of their lives. The owner, “Paddy,” founded the business with the main goal of customer satisfaction in mind. At Paddy’s we strive for

05/02/2022

Maria R.

Contracted and deposit made. Paddy's ordered materials (or not) depending on different statements from Paddy's personnel. Five months later and past estimated date of install, Paddy's says need to reorder materials which will take 20 weeks. Not acceptable and how will Paddy's correct situation? Charlie offers proposal of reconciliation: downgrade of siding from D4 to D5 (Paddy's said they look the same), downgrade of color of windows/door from premium bronze to white with offer to paint windows/door bronze after installation (note: painting VOIDS manufacturer warranty -- guessing Paddy's is not aware of this as they did not advise me and certainly would not knowingly offer such), offer to "discount" $1400 when I paid $1800 for color bronze (and they want to reorder color white -- no discount here -- slick though) . . . . I could continue list, but you get the gist of business operation here. Paddy's did not fulfill contract obligations and then offered a shady proposal of reconciliation all while holding a sizable deposit. Beware Paddy's breached written agreement and offered downgrade of materials other than what contracted for. Glad I ended up not using Paddy's. I do not recommend Paddy's Roofing.

Description of Work
Siding, windows, door

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

11/18/2019

Sandy P.

Really disappointed in the service from Paddy's. I had gotten 2 good recommendations regarding their work so I called Paddy's to repair a missing shingle. Came out and gave a reasonable estimate within a week for shingle repair and chimney update.. However, after that the communication and service was poor. Repair date was pushed back several times due to weather (understandable). Project manager called several times to reschedule. Told me repair crew would come out on Sunday and it would take 6-8 hours. OK- end up getting a call on Saturday from roofers telling me they were at my house and needed electricity. Absolutely no warning-ruining my Saturday. They finished up and left roofing debris at my house for 48 hours. I called to see when it would be picked up and if job was finished. Project manager told me they had no idea that they had come on Saturday and would send someone out to review work and pick up trash. Trash was left on my back deck and in front of my house. That day a manager(i think) came out and told me that the work was not done up to snuff and would need to be redone. He picked up the trash. Okay- that's good right? They didn't try to pass off shotty work. Office called back and told me that they would call to tell me when they'd be back out to finish job. Project manager never called me back and the workers began showing up randomly. They were there Wednesday for 20 minutes. Showed up again Friday for 2 hours. Then showed up again Monday for 4 hours. I called the office and again, project manager had no idea they were coming out and promised she'd call back to resolve it. I could still see the missing shingle-the reason I called- so I knew they weren't finished. Project manager calls back and says they are all finished. I ask about the missing shingle and she says- oh that's the neighbor's house. ???? I said well it was the neighbor's house when I asked you to fix it. The project manager starts telling me that it isn't their responsibility and they don't remember coming out to my house for that. Then Pat calls and again says he doesn't remember coming to my house for that and it’s the neighbor’s house so not their responsibility. I was so upset. The entire reason I called was to have the missing shingle replaced and now they don't remember?? Pretty convenient. Anyway, after a not very pleasant conversation, Paddy's agreed to finish the work I paid for and replaced the shingle. Really unhappy with the entire process. Their lack of knowledge of their employees work schedule, lack of communication with the customer and trying not to finish their work is really frustrating and disheartening. Won't be recommending or using again.

Description of Work
Shingle repair and chimney update

07/27/2018

Kelli C.

Paddy's was excellent from start to finish. The price was not only very low but no pressure to sign on the spot. Charlie was very upfront about the price and it included everything. There were no surprises. The installers we great worked all day and got it all done. I am going to call them in the future for windows I need replaced.

Description of Work
Roof replaced

06/27/2018

Donna G.

Would definitely hire again. When I came home from work and the men were on the roof working, it looked like a bomb went off in my front yard. I made dinner and went out to check on them and it was as if they had never been there. The yard was spotless. The roof looked great. A few days later the gutters were up and the house has not looked this good in 30+ years. Very professional. They kept me up to date on timing and what would be done.

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters

04/13/2018

Michael J.

I worked with their salesman, project manager and installers. All of who I had conversations with were professional and courteous. They said 1 day for roof 1 day for gutters and a good solid clean up. Well after the year off I questioned the clean up. But they delivered on all 3 commitments. Excellent team, communication quality and product all delivered with an unexpected price in my favor. They gained my trust and will highly recommend them. Thank you.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

03/20/2018

Christian T.

Ugh, the dreaded leaky roof. The inspector from Paddy's came out and climbed into our attic and onto our roof one extremely hot July day. He returned with a bunch of photos to show us the condition of things; not good. Three holes which they could repair, plus some issues with our ridge vent, and indication of possible nest building. They did not recommend the repair, but left it as an option, as our roof was over 20 years old and the shingles were not for our type of climate (builder grade quickie). So Charlie (everyone wants Charlie as their dad or grandpop) came by to review our options within a few hours. He explained the type of 50 year roof called "fire and ice" by GAF which his company installs which is designed for our type of irregular and changing weather conditions over the seasons. He did not pressure me as I couldn't make that big a decision on the spot. His price was fair, and we really liked his office staff (very friendly and polite), and were hopeful that his installers were just as good. I visited the office unexpectedly and it was clean and together. So the next day we contracted him and we were able to schedule within a few days, which was great because hubby was not happy emptying buckets from the attic after it rained. The crew and trucks arrived by 7am on what was scheduled to be a 100 degree July day! The process of removing the roof was amazing. They used large tarps to cover my home to prevent damage to the siding windows. They quickly removed the debris as it was being pulled from the roof. Our roof is large, but Charlie said it would be finished in a day - and it was! By 6pm, they were cleaning up and pulling out, amazing considering it was so hot and the guys had to take a few breaks, understandably! The nice thing was that I have 4 very curious children. The crew allowed my children to watch the process throughout the day as long as I kept them safe. Plus Charlie came by during and after the job to see how things were working out, even though a Project Manager also stopped by a few times. Great customer service and way to keep the client part of the process. I think Paddy's has expanded a bit and we would hire them for other jobs if needed for sure.

Description of Work
New roof installation

12/15/2017

Sue M.

Everything went well. I knew I needed a lot of wood replaced so I wasn't surprised when the price went up a bit. I trusted them to be honest and do the right thing. The customer service was amazing and they used GAF shingles. The house looks gorgeous and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
a new roof

Category ceramic tile, roofing

12/13/2017

Arlene P.

Excellent! If you are considering replacing your roof, I highly recommend Paddy's. My experience with them was exceptional from the estimate to the last shingle placed. Charlie who gave me the estimate was very informative, nice and personable. Matt, the project manager, kept me constantly informed about where they were with frequent updates. The crew was excellent, as was the clean up. My kids went sledding around the house just days after the clean up was done with no issues. They did such amazing quality work using a great product with the best price. You will be in good hands hiring this company!

Description of Work
A new roof for home and shed Capping of 2 upper windows

08/28/2017

Linda P.

Great, very responsive and professional

Description of Work
Gutters cleaned

07/03/2017

Rhonda K.

I can't say because we're still waiting for our new roof. We signed a work order on 6/1/17 and gave a $2k deposit for the job (total quote was $5875). My check was cashed immediately and I've gotten nothing but the run around since then. Initially I was told they were a little behind due to the weather. I then received a call a few weeks later about my request for an estimate on Home Advisor and did I still want an estimate? Obviously they are disorganized and I'm still being given the run around. Right now we are "tentatively scheduled" for the week of July 3 (which is today) but that I would receive a call 2 days before they were ready. We are traveling in July and explained this but they keep telling me they can't give me an exact date, and "weather permitting" we're scheduled for this week. When we were getting quotes, a representative from a different company said to never use a company that required a deposit. I now regret this decision to hire Paddy's. If we don't get a new roof this week, then we'll have to fight with them to try and get a full refund of our deposit, because I'm not waiting any longer. Unfortunately, we need that money if we are going to hire a different company. This has been a complete waste of time and a terrible experience.

Description of Work
Complete roof installation and replacement of 2 sky lights.

Category roofing, skylights

05/11/2017

barry E.

From the moment Charlie from Paddy came to my house to make a proposal for my roof replacement I felt I was in the hands of friendly, competent experts. This entire process was our first experience with roof replacement and it could not possibly have gone better. Paddy's roofing crew are the hardest workers I have ever seen, and the most polite I have ever ran into. Paddy's customer support system is terrific. They provide a foreman on site, a project manager, (Matt), and finally a quality assurance inspector (Ryan) to ensure top shelf work. The roof is absolutely beautiful, the lifetime warranty is "iron clad" and transferrable if you later sell. At no point do you ever feel that your questions or concerns are a bother, or not taken seriously. I would absolutely recommend Paddy's to anyone needing a roof, I wish that every service provider understood customer needs as Paddy does. This was a rare and exceptional experience !

Description of Work
Had roof removal and replacement, and gutter installation on my house and detached garage

05/10/2017

Gina S.

We were very pleased with the work performed by Paddy's! They exceeded our every expectation. The staff (James & Ryan) were courteous & friendly and the work completed was top notch! We would recommend Paddy's to anyone!!

Description of Work
Powerwashing home & gutters cleared

Category pressure washing

05/05/2017

Joe B.

Charlie came and gave an estimate , the quote was well below what I had anticipated. Team showed up this past Monday promptly and got to work. Craftsmanship and quality of work is excellent. They cleaned up as best as possible and finished product is an "A". Only hiccup was a delivery truck dropping off materials leaked oil on my fairy new driveway. I alerted Paddys and they immediately owned another companys problem and offered to power wash it, which was great. At the end of the day, you can't afford to atleast have Paddy's give you an eatimate. I'll definitey be using them for future projects.

Description of Work
Full shingle roof replacement

03/24/2017

Marianne C.

Everything went beautifully. Very friendly, customer oriented business. They were prompt & efficient. Very professional from start of job to final cleanup. They had to clean several of my neighbors' yards because the wind blew old tar paper from the tear off into those other yards. Excellent value for the money. I plan to use them again for new siding.

Description of Work
Paddy's removed my old roof and replaced with a new roof.

03/01/2017

Patrick H.

The work was very quick and very professional. The price was fair and they can provide financing if you need it.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, skylights

11/19/2016

Bonnie D.

Paddy's was prompt and professional with the estimate and completing work. All of the employees- phone, sales and service- were courteous, friendly, diligent, and honest. They did what they said and when they said. They were the only company that went up on the roof for the estimate and noticed a couple of other items that needed to be addressed. They cleaned up after themselves. A professional family business that we would call again and would not hesitate to recommend to others.

Description of Work
Cleaned back gutters and installed Leaf-relief gutter guards, replaced shingle, sealed roof nail pops.

11/03/2016

Justin D.

Excellent! Contacted office, owner happened to be in the area, was there in 15 minutes. Inspected roof for water damage, fascia board, gutters and drop edge. Fixed flashing around chimney and vent boots also.

Description of Work
Roof inspection for home inspection for settlement on a future home.

11/03/2016

Dan F.

The work was well done and in a timely manner. After arriving shortly after 10am, they weren't sure they would finish the project but by 4pm - it was done and the area was completely cleaned. They even used their equipment to clean up some of the inside of the shed.

Description of Work
My old shed roof was ripped off and a new roof was constructed. Both employees were respectful, on time and knowledgeable.

10/24/2016

Cathrine T.

The work was just recently performed but we are very satisfied with their service. They were on time, moved quick and it appears to be great quality. We will definitely hire them in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on rental property and cleaned chimney at residence.

Category ceramic tile, roofing

10/21/2016

Marchelle B.

Paddy's is outstanding. Their customer service is above and beyond. They keep their word and commitments to you as their customer. We had to replace the roof on our father's home, which was in really bad shape. Charlie and Kelly walked us through the process every step of the way. They handled us as if we were their only customer! The individualized attention was exceptional. The response time on any inquiries was quick and Charlie explained and assisted me through the entire job. It was difficult for me to be coordinating this from another state, but he took all that worry off the table and kept his word on everything! This company had the best prices and guarantees of any company we called! They all went above and beyond and we could not be more grateful! Folks, this is the company to call! Thank you Paddy's!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

10/21/2016

Gene S.

Great! Crew arrived first thing in morning (as promised) and went straight to work. Additional work was required after installation (crew pro-actively communicated what was required) and was rescheduled and completed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Replace 4 skylights

Category roofing, skylights

10/18/2016

Joanne T.

Terrific price - beat several other competitors by a good margin. Very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
New roof, new skylight, and repair work done on chimney

Category roofing, chimney repair

07/09/2016

Darlene A.

Exceptional, courteous and professional work. Licensed and insured. Through clean up.

Description of Work
Tear down complete roof. Rebuild wooden chimney, waterproof and reside. Replace rotted decking. Replace flat surface with EPDM 4 degree slope. Remove and replace old gutters and downspouts on house and shed.0 Install all new gutter guards complete. Install 2 new atic fans. Completed 50 year GAF shingle system Stand behind 10 years, prorated thereafter. Area: 60 sguares.

01/09/2016

Steven A.

From start to finish, it was a pleasure to work with Paddy's Roofing. They were referred to me by another contractor who came to power-wash my siding, and noted that the roof shingles were getting brittle. I was aware of this, and had been planning to have a new roof installed in the Spring. I left a message with Paddy's on their website, and Charlie responded back to me later that evening. We arranged to have him come out the next morning for the estimate. When Charlie arrived, he was well-prepared, presented me with copies of their business license and insurance certificate, and had already used software to measure the roof and he gave me the verbal estimate right there on the spot. He also left some shingle sample boards so my wife and I could make a good decision regarding the color we wanted. Paddy's estimate was the lowest price I had received. Tiffany followed up by sending me a written estimate over email the next business day, which detailed all the work to be done. I signed the estimate and faxed it back. Three days later the work began, and was finished in two days. The crew were polite and professional, and they made sure to clean up around the house very well after the tear-off and new installation. The quality of the work is superb, and the best value for the dollar I could have imagined. The new roof looks great and my 25 year-old house now looks brand new! I highly recommend Paddy's to anyone considering a new roof!

Description of Work
Paddy's Roofing installed a new asphalt shingle roof on my house.

Category flooring contractor, roofing, pressure washing

11/29/2015

Elizabeth G.

We called several roofing contractors. Paddy's replied promptly and Paddy himself came to give us an estimate. He was thorough, informative and his price was appropriate for the job needed. His crew arrived when expected and completed the job in one day. They cleaned up any debris and left our property as they found it. We had the roof repair needed. Several days later we received Paddy's invoice; it was exactly as he estimated. We have had some heavy rains since and the roof is leak proof. We are very satisfied customers and will surely use Paddy's again. And we will recommend him to anyone who asks us about a reliable roofing company.

Description of Work
Repaired roof.

Fire Free Chimney Sweeps

Fire-Free Chimney Sweeps started in the summer of 1978. In March 1979 FFCS incorporated in the state of Maryland and start providing service to Delaware. To provide chimney service to home owners. Helping make their home worm and safe for the winter and help maintain their system. Plus to install wood, coal and pellet stove the safest way possible.

Basht & Wagner Painting Co.

With a painting and remodeling background, of over 10 years, it has allowed our company to venture in to all aspects of property maintenance. Whether we are giving your exterior a fresh paint job, a weekly lawn maintenance cut, or giving your property a squeaky clean finish with B&W Pro Wash, we assure you that we can complete all of your property needs. With our passion and commitment to offer the best service to our clients, you can only expect that we guarantee 100% happiness. We strive to gain the trust of our clients, so that they feel like choosing us to complete their projects is the best choice. We are a family owned and operated small business. Our team is full of young talent, each of who standout in their specialties. With the owner having 10 years of experience in painting, property renovations, and property maintenance, he continues to perfect his craft to offer the best product possible. "Great People, Better Service, Best Results!"

2022 Super Service Award

MPW Painting/Maryland Pro Wash

Maryland Pro wash is an independent locally owned small business. We have been in business for over 10 years. Maryland pro wash is one of the areas only contractor using the industries latest and most advanced soft wash technology. We also go by MPW Painting and MPW Basement remodeling. Our MHIC #103189.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Residential & Commercial Installation, Repair, Replacement Roofing, Siding, Chimney, Gutter, Windows, Doors, Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing