Just Labor Movers Inc

Founded 2011 • With Angi since February 2012

7 westerly street

Newark, DE 19713

Just Labor Movers is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry....

03/03/2020

Edward N.

This company hung up on me when I called to get an estimate! Mike, the owner I presume, didn’t appreciate me questioning why he wanted to charge me 33% more per hour than what he charged the person who referred me to him. The referral paid $90/hr for 2 movers with a minimum of 2 hours and relied on Just Labor Movers to supply the moving truck. Mike quoted me $120/hr + $85 truck usage fee, reasoning the hourly rate difference is because of the truck. I am well aware of demand-driven pricing models, but this fee schedule seems arbitrary. Fortunately, there is no shortage of courteous and respectful movers who are more than happy to provide fairly-priced, reliable moving services.

Description of Work
Furniture move from one house to another

Category moving companies

Justlabormovers does not hang up on customers. More likely it was a dropped call. We will greatly speak to you about any of your moving needs. Thank you

10/05/2017

charila P.

They did great I would use them again in a heartbeat, they are very considerate

Description of Work
Moving my furniture to my new location

Category moving companies

Thank you Miss [Member Name Removed], We appreciate your business, Have a good day,

08/30/2016

Garrett M.

Description of Work
On time, professional, and friendly. I would use them again.

08/24/2016

Nancy F.

We moved from one house to another about 10 miles apart last fall, then in July 2016 we moved about 100 miles south. We engaged Mike at Just Labor Movers both times. I thought at first I was paying for two helpers for the move but Mike and Co. show up and assume all the duties of the job, we didn't need to touch anything. The rates are very reasonable ($80/hr for two men) and these guys make it happen very quickly. Also we had a few items which we just needed to discard including a huge old entertainment system ( hundreds of pounds) which Mike took to the landfill for us. I would not hesitate to engage them again and I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
We moved twice in about 6 months. The second time about 100 miles away.

Category hauling services, moving companies

07/03/2016

Amanda L.

My husband and I bought some reclining couches that were too heavy for us to lift. They had been sitting in our garage for over 4 months because we couldn't figure out how to get them up the stairs in our house. We called Mike and he came the same day with his men. They were able to remove our old couches and set up our new ones very quickly. They did a very good job and we are so thankful!!!

Description of Work
Helped move heavy furniture.

06/09/2016

Joyce P.

In anticipation of downsizing, we were having the hardwood floors in our house refinished. We hired Just Labor to move 5 rooms of furniture to our garage. Arrangements were made with Mike via phone and text messaging, which was extremely easy. Leroy and Don arrived a few minutes early and got right to work. They were hardworking and polite and didn't stop until the job was completed. They did an excellent job. We would not hesitate hiring this company again.

Description of Work
Moved furniture

10/21/2015

Stacey B.

Description of Work
I called several times to help me with a move and they called me several weeks later after my move was completed.

08/19/2015

Sam D.

Mike and his crew showed up on time and loaded up everything on the the truck we provided. They then traveled with us to the storage unit and loaded the trucks contents in the storage unit. They were professional, friendly and courteous. They did a great job maximizing the space on the truck and storage unit, so we only had to make one trip. eing calling them Will definitely be calling them for any future moving needs.

Description of Work
Moved furniture and already packed household items to storage unit.

08/21/2014

Susan C.

I didn't get a chance to use Mike this time but I will be calling him when I reschedule my moving date in the future. He came across as very professional and promptly returned all my message and answered all my questions, plus his rates were great.

Description of Work
I was desperate to find someone to help me move at a busy time of year, and most movers weren't available or just ignored my messages. Mike though got back to me right away and had all the arrangements set up, ready to send two guys to help with a move of my 2 bedroom house. His rates were very competitive, and he was super professional. Unfortunately it turned out I wasn't able to move on the schedule day after all, but I will be contacting Mike again when the time comes.

06/12/2014

Adrian Y.

It went perfectly!!! Men arrived 10 minutes early. Very courteous, strong, nice hard-workers. Took extra care of furniture. Packed the truck expertly. Owner called to check work while in progress. Mike is very professional, conscientious and a pleasure with whom to deal. Gets an A+

Description of Work
Provided two men to load a rental truck.

03/31/2014

CHRISTIE P.

Excellent!! They moved my bestfriend on one of the coldest and snowiest days in January. They worked quickly and carefully. They did exactly as they advertised... just labor. We provided the truck, tools, blankets and other moving tools. They were the labor, even carrying a large safe down a set of steps and up a set of steps. It was very nice not to have to depend on friends and family to help us move!!!

Description of Work
Moved a household from house to new townhome

03/31/2014

CHRISTIE P.

We had a bit of a rocky start, since the owner had been injured the day before and when I called to confirm, no one returned my call. I was very relieved when the owner called and said he would be about 2 hours late, but he would be able to move me. He arrived with two workers, they began moving all items from my two story home. The truck was packed perfectly allowing us to only have to make one trip to my new home. They worked until late into the night, put together my beds, placed all items in the proper rooms. This was the best money I could have spent! This is an excellent service. I refer them all the time.

Description of Work
They were just labor, as advertised. I provided the truck, the dolly and blankets, they provided the man power.

08/19/2013

John A.

Workers showed up one hour late, did not have a proper equipment ( no dolly, no mats, no tools for taking apart or putting together furniture). Workers then went to home improvement store in order to buy tools. They returned with the proper equipment and the move itself then went well. Care was taken to pack the furniture safely. Only a small piece of glass was chipped. Furniture disassembled and reassembled correctly and efficiently. Some screws and supports and bolts were lost in the day long effort.

Description of Work
perform a moving operation of one living room, one dining room, one bedroom, and a library room from one apartment building to another apartment building located approximately 30 miles distant

08/05/2013

Catherine B.

Went well. Very professional and polite.

Description of Work
Move one person to an apartment.

07/29/2013

Erin & Robert F.

I needed a mover right away, discussed the cost with my husband, and was very disappointed to find out there would be no one available to help for at least a week!!! How is this company in business? I think it's time to hire more help! This was an emergency situation.

Description of Work
I called and asked a price, he quoted me a price, I called back, and he said no availability for a week!!!! What the heck!? He failed to meet the agreed upon quote.

Category moving companies

[member name removed] callls at least minute for someone to help her with a move. i have other confirmed appointments that day.When it is at end of month and beginning of month. That is the busiest time of the year. Sorry i couldnt committ to [member name removed] but there was other appointments confirmed

07/22/2013

Lana D.

I needed last minute help to empty our uhaul. I called the service and there were guys at my door in an hour! This was in the middle of a heat wave but they worked fast and were very careful with my items. They were also very reasonably priced. My only comment is that I wish they would accept some other form of payment besides CASH ONLY. Overall a good experience, would use again.

Description of Work
Emptied our uhaul and placed boxes/furniture in the house, 2 hrs labor.

08/30/2012

Melanie S.

Overall, it was very good. I think we moved on the hottest day of the year. That made it h****** everyone. But, the men were on time, neat, helpful, and worked hard for the entire time. If the need arises, we will be using their services again.

Description of Work
Be prepared for this to be an hourly task; you are paying by the hour. If you spend their time while you get things in order, you will be costing yourself extra. If you are willing and able to pitch in the cost will be less because the job will take less time with you providing some of the labor. If you have a maximum time/dollar amount you can spend, be organized enough for the hired labor to tackle the items too cumbersome for you to handle without them. And finally, have your pets contained. The movers should not have to work around or worry over pets being in the way, harmed, or getting out. if you cover all your bases, this will be an efficient, cost effective way to handle a large move.

05/29/2012

Roberta B.

My daughter found Just Labor Movers on Craigslist and hired them for her move into her new home, I will let her write this review: Just Labor Movers was my first and only phone call when I found myself searching for a moving company. I stumbled upon an ad of theirs on Craigslist stating that they provide just labor for moves at an hourly rate. This was appealing to me because rather then getting ridiculous quotes from companies that thought they knew how much stuff I had in my house, Just Labor Movers would be getting paid for the work they did! And man oh man did they work hard! The head of the company Mike, was extremely informative and courteous, as were his co-workers XL and James. My specific move required that we make 2 stops, one at my grandmother's and one at my mother's, then head to my new home to unload. They were even completely agreeable to picking up the truck with me and driving it for a minimal fee. They handled all of my items with great care and respect and were all exceptionally strong. I would definitely hire them for any upcoming move and am most definitely recommending them to people I know and by writing this review!

Description of Work
Moving services: picked up truck, stopped at grandmother's house, stopped at mother's house, went to my new home to unload. Total of 6 hours.