Gold Star Services

Founded 2012 • With Angi since November 2012

665 Dawson Drive

Newark, DE 19713

Gold Star Services was proudly started by Shane Donahue and quickly earned a reputation as one of the leading HVAC companies in the area. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the Gold Star Treatment at a reasonable price with courteous and knowledgeable technicians that arrive on time with the proper equipment to get the job done right the first time. Our focus on quality and excellent customer service is what has allowed us to succeed. We can take care of all of your heating or cooling repair, installation and maintenance needs....

06/01/2022

Marc W.

I have been a long time customer with gold star and recently their quality and service is completely unprofessional and unreliable. I scheduled my tuneup for the summer back in April 2022. They scheduled me for end of May 2022. They didn’t show up at my house or contact me on the day of my service After waiting nearly 8 weeks for them to come do a routine maintenance before the heatwave, they just no showed. I called and rescheduled for May 31. I got a text at 8 AM in the morning canceling my service for the day. When I called to reschedule they said their first availability was in mid August 2022. I had two confirmed appointments that they canceled. I asked how I could go from a scheduled appointment on May 31 which they cancelled and my next availability is mid August? They said that’s what the system says…the Dispatcher was zero help. Now my unit has become an emergency. The company will just cancel your appointment with little regard to your needs or time. They cancel and throw you out of the queue and then you have to call back and start all over again. I have two complete units in my house I bought from Gold star I religiously have been getting them maintained 2x per year, but now I’m hugely disappointed with Gold Star. I would recommend avoiding gold star and build your relationship with a more reliable and trustworthy company.

Description of Work
Maintenance tune-up

01/26/2021

Kevin C.

Converted to propane and replace part previous contractor ruined.

Description of Work
Fix firnace

03/31/2020

David R.

I contacted Gold Star to obtain an estimate for replacement of my furnace and air conditioner. Gold Star had been performing routine maintenance on my old HVAC system for several years. The estimation team visited my house and obtained measurements for sizing. They gave me a price estimate for a replacement system during the same visit. The cost of the estimate was much higher than those I received from other companies, although Gold Star did quote for a top of the line system that required a new water heater as well (this is what they were recommending). The estimation team answered all my questions, but I was disappointed that they were trying to get me to commit to buying an expensive system the same day without a formal written proposal detailing what I would get. Unlike my experience with other companies estimating this job, no written proposal was ever provided by Gold Star. Ultimately, I decided not to use Gold Star for the work.

Description of Work
Replacement of Furnace and Air Conditioner

11/01/2017

Christopher S.

Everything went as expected. Initially worked with Tony to get initial quote. After receiving several quotes we decided on Gold Star. Tony got us started and also worked to initiate the Energize Delaware process to receive rebates on the equipment we were installing. Everything was installed on time. Technician did have to work through an issue installing the humidifier as it was a tight fit but he came up with a creative solution and everything is working great. We were so satisfied with their service we contracted their sister company Delaware Plumbing Professionals to install a high efficiency water heater.

Description of Work
We replaced our HVAC and added a humidifier to as well.

09/22/2017

Denise L.

The workers arrived on time and were very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. The additional duct work was done very well, and everything was kept clean. During the energy audit they replaced almost all of the light bulbs in our home for free. I highly recommend using this company for any of your HVAC needs.

Description of Work
We had a new upgraded HVAC system installed inside & out. An Energy Efficient Audit was suggested to received a $2,000 refund. Gold Star initiated and it was well worth having the inspection. The $2,000 rebate made their pricing with the upgrade unit a great deal.

09/18/2017

Thomas M.

It was excellent rly complete. The technician were well trained. The team was very respectful of the home they were in. The team answer all questions.

Description of Work
Install complete HVAC system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

09/11/2017

Michele B.

Installation was great, follow up call was received to ask if unit was operating properly

Description of Work
New HVAC unit installed

08/19/2017

Ray C.

Everything went good, they were prompt and professional.

Description of Work
They did a total replacement on the furnace and the air conditioner.

07/12/2017

Valerie H.

Gold Star arrived on time and completed the entire job promptly. They were professional and answered all my questions and went over all the new equipment with me. I would definitely recommend using their services.

Description of Work
Replacement of heater and air conditioning unit

03/13/2017

Rita B.

Excellent, great service and price.

Description of Work
Heat pump repair

Done Right Today

Done Right Today is FAST, FRIENDLY, & AFFORDABLE. We are always available to provide plumbing and drain cleaning services at a time that is confident for you. Locallly owned and operated out of Delaware. Call today!!!

Offers by Done Right Today on Angi
    Desmond Heating and Cooling Solutions

Offers by Desmond Heating and Cooling Solutions  on Angi
    Aire Serv of Newark

If you are looking for a full service HVAC business, air conditioning repair company, heating repair service, or furnace repair provider, look no further than Aire Serv. At Aire Serv you will receive licensed and knowledgeable heating and air conditioning repair technicians that provide you with upfront pricing and some of the best written guarantees in the business, like our 100% satisfaction guarantee on all heating and air conditioning services. Call Aire Serv today or request an appointment online!

HM-0000822
    Delaware
    Delaware: General
    10/31/2022
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

We offer maintenance plans to help keep your HVAC equipment running properly, and repair services when you need them. We service all makes and models of heating and cooling equipment, including Natural Gas, Propane, Oil, & Heat Pumps. We also offer quick replacement of your HVAC system and water heater. We offer solutions for your indoor air quality concerns, including things such as: Humidifiers, Electronic Air Cleaners, WIFI enabled Thermostats, UV lights and true HEPA quality air cleaners.

We are not currently taking any drain cleaning calls.