APM Advanced Pest Management - Newark

Founded 1964 • With Angi since May 2010

1040 S Chapel St

Newark, DE 19702

Protecting your home, family and environment has been our family's business since 1964. Our company is committed to providing the highest quality service to our customers. We are a full service company providing a variety of pest control and specialty services to homes and businesses in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and Northern Virginia. Our reputation, commitment to service excellence and competitive rates, make our company the right choice for you. APM. Character, Competence, Service. Family owned & operated. Additional DBAs - Apm Pest Control, Blast Termite & Pest. Additional phone number - (609) 889-1318 & (856) 662-9571. Additional emails - jkreer@apmservices.com, sylvette.frempong@apmservices.com, khadijah.corbett@apmservices.com, james.foley@apmservices.com....

06/24/2018

Joseph D.

Spent weeks trying to rid our kitchen from ants. Have two young children that drop crumbs everywhere. We put all our food in R.I.P. lock bags and sealed containers. Used raid spray and ortho home defense to no avail. Even used ant baits. We finally had enough! Had used APM in the past for fleas. We knew who to call. After treatment we saw no more ants with in 24 hours. APM extermination specialist John is very knowledgeable! He answered all our guestions and even spent time to educate us on our ant problem. A one year contract to exterminate our problem and take care of any others is well worth it!

Description of Work
Ants in the kitchen and even in the cabinets.

01/15/2018

Sara S.

APM came once a month for a few months to check all their sticky traps and continued until the mice were basically gone. I believe they have been successful in getting rid of the mice as a problem for us. I'm not saying that in the winter that we will have no mice, but our problem with multiple mice is gone.

Description of Work
We have had a problem in the basement with mice. We also had traps set in the garage. The techs set the traps in several places and came monthly to check on the success of the traps and reset them if necessary. We have a contract with APM for quarterly checks and they come all during the year if we have any problem at all inside or outside.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for taking your time to place your review! We appreciate your business! Please give us a call if we can be of any service in the future!

01/08/2018

Anne Marie B.

Couldn't have been more pleased. Technitian was helpful and a real gentleman. Service continues to be excellent.

Description of Work
Pest/bug control

Category pest control

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate you and your business. Please give us a call if we can be of any further service!

07/25/2017

Alex G.

Great technician, was on time; took time and care to perform services rendered. Explained items used since I have dogs. Great job "John Kallock"

Description of Work
Outdoor speaking for bugs in general...many ants!

07/03/2017

NORMAN W.

The treatment itself went well, however, I was visited by an inspector from the Delaware Department of Agriculture who informed me that the treatment was not done in accordance with Delaware code. He took soil samples but the report has not yet been received. Despite the fact that I had paid for the $1,320 treatment when the contract was signed I later received two separate invoices requesting payment after the treatment was done.

Description of Work
They performed termite protective treatment for my house injecting insecticide around the house.

05/09/2017

Anne Marie B.

All went extremely well. Could not have been more satisfied. Have been dealing with them for many, many years.

Description of Work
Annual termite inspections Contract pest control

Category pest control, home inspection

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your business!

07/27/2016

Eve D.

They come out to our house to spray for bugs twice a year for the Guard-All program and once a year to inspect for termites. If we have any trouble, they promptly come back to rectify the issue. We have been very happy with the service we have received from them, both in person and over the phone.

Description of Work
We have been using APM since we bought our house in 2009. We use their Guard-All program and also purchased their Termite Protection Plan after we had termites.

06/22/2016

James C.

They performed the service and charged my card. This was fine, but 3 months later they charged my card fraudulently again for $60.00. I called them and they acted like there was nothing wrong! They had no record of the charge but my bank filed the climate and got me my money back. They were not interested in helping me out just said they had no record of the fraudulent charge. Well I guess nor if it is a fraudulent charge! These people are all thieves and will charge your card randomly after the service is performed! They steal your money aND then act dumb. They must write down the credit card numbers! DO NOT SOLICIT THEIR SERVICE IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY! THIS IS THE ELKTON, MD BRANCH 410398-4378. PUT THESE GUYS OUT OF BUSINESS. CRIMINALS!

09/19/2015

Jennifer Z.

The hornets nest removal seemed like it would be very difficult - approach from the ground or from the second floor window, or even the roof. The first step was to douse the nest with pesticide, then because of where the nest was located, Moises (I think I'm spelling that right, and who was very pleasant I might add) was able to knock the nest down, bag it and take it away. The whole operation took an hour. People would tell me if you leave bees alone they will leave you alone, but you needed to see how huge this nest was getting and hear the buzzing i would hear in the morning outside my bathroom window. It was completely worth it to me to spend the $225. I would absolutely use this company again, especially since they were so accommodating when I had to reschedule (Mary, you rock).

Description of Work
Removed hornets nest from side of my house, second floor.

Category pest control, animal removal

06/01/2015

Bill M.

I sent them a message through Angie's list app and an email through their website 3 days ago and no response.

Description of Work
Nothing

10/30/2014

Lorelei H.

They were great! They were able to accomodate me on my schedule. They were very professional. In one case, the nest was right next to my driveway, so I asked them to just come out and remove it while I was not home. No problems. The second time they sprayed around my house at no extra cost. In previous years I used another exterminator and they charged me $200 for the service, so I was suprised at the low price. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I've used this service twice this year to remove wasp nests. $125 for each visit.

Category pest control

Hi [member name], thank you for such positive feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

09/14/2014

Donna P.

The estimator, George Williams arrived on schedule and was very polite and helpful. He went over everything with us. We didn't get other quotes as we felt his was very reasonable. They were able to start treatment two days later. The technician arrived on schedule and was polite. He put on "booties" immediately. He treated the interior and exterior of the house.

Description of Work
We had a severe infestation of carpenter ants. Part of the outside deck had been affected. They treated both inside and outside around the perimeter of the house. Suggestions were made as to where we could improve the damp conditions that carpenter ants prefer.

Category decks, pest control

Thank you for rating us! I am so pleased that we were able to take care of your needs. I will forward your review to George and the technician as well. Thanks again.

08/12/2014

Lester K.

Bruce from APM showed up on time and made quick work of the bees and the nest. I was very pleased with the service provided and Bruce was very professional in his service. Will use in the future as needed .

Description of Work
REMOVAL OF WHITE FACE HORNETS NEST.

Category pest control

Thank you for the review Mr. [member name removed]. It will be my pleasure to share your experience with our team here at Advanced Pest Management. Again, Thanks so much James Foley COO, APM

07/22/2014

Jennifer N.

George came to our house less than an hour after I called APM. He checked out the nest area and said we were set - no professional treatment needed. There was no charge for his time, which I really appreciated. We'll use them again next time we have a pest issue. Thanks George and APM!

Description of Work
George Williams of Advanced Pest Management came to inspect my home for a wasp nest that we had treated ourselves but we thought also needed professional treatment.

Category pest control

Hi (Member Name Removed)! Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you were happy with prompt and professional service provided by George. We look forward to assisting you in the future if you ever again need pest control services!

04/07/2014

Rebecca B.

I heard scratching noises in my attic and thought I had mice. APM responded to my call promptly and sent someone to inspect the house. They were thorough and explained the options clearly. I signed up for the bimonthly service package and have been impressed by APM's customer service.

Description of Work
Mice Abatement

Category pest control

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing APM. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience we can and I am glad we were able to provide you with just such a service.

04/01/2014

La Rue S.

Except for sending techs out without making an appointment two or three times after a change in scheduler, we have used them for over twenty years without complaint.

Description of Work
Quarterly interior and exterior pest control visits.

Category pest control

On behalf of all the staff at APM, we thank you for the opportunity to provide solutions to your pest needs!

Karen G.

Very professional, on time, no more fleas!

Description of Work
Sprayed for flea infestation

Category pest control

Thank you for your feedback. It means a lot to our staff to hear we were professional and on-time. No Fleas is always the best flea control feedback we can receive!

James D.

We have had a contract with APM for many years. They inspect the interior of the foundation every year for any sign of termites (none so far). They inspect the outside beds every year for immigrating bugs, and put out different poison when they seem to be adapting so as to take up residence. So far, so good!

Description of Work
APM has been our termite protection provider for many years.

Category pest control

Thank you on behalf of the entire APM staff! Glad we can assist each year!

Cynthia R.

Service was great and personnel courteous and efficient

Description of Work
Pest Control

Category pest control

Thank you on behalf of the entire APM staff! We rely on great customers like you to grow.

David P.

While the customer service aspect of working with APM was commendable, however, I decided not to move forward with the recommended treatment since the technician was not able to identify the insect and therefore was proposing a total house treatment that, in my opinion, seemed like over-kill. (Please pardon the pun.)

Description of Work
Assessed need / Proposed Treatment

Category pest control

[member name removed], this is great feedback that we value very much! Thank you.

01/07/2014

william K.

It went well. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and helpful and did a great job. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
sealed outside of house and set bait traps for mice and treated the outside of the house for termites.

12/08/2013

cathy C.

Called because of ant infestation inside house during the summer. Appointment was set up within two days. First treatment eliminated ants, but they came back within two weeks. The technician had told me that this might happen and returned within one day to re-treat. Extra effort expended to find the ants' nest outside the house. Eliminated it and the problem was gone. Very responsive when called. Some difficulty scheduling inside treatments (limited weekend and/or evening hours) but they try very hard to accommodate when possible.

Description of Work
Sprayed outside house for bugs

08/30/2013

pamela C.

My first contact with Heidi. She was fantastic!!! She was so thorough on the inspection. She even educated me on how the mice were getting in. I could tell that she really enjoyed working for the company. She gave me a direct number to the company and her personal cell in case I had any problems along the way. I paid for all the treatments up front, that's why my service is so high. The next person to come out was Austin. Fantastic personality!!! I was alone in the house but did not feel uncomfortable with him here. He was very professional the whole time. He has been back once just to check on the work that he did. He met my husband, my husband was impressed at how polite he is. If you need a pest control service, this is definately the company to go with! AAA status all the way

Description of Work
They did a thourogh inspection and termite control, also treated for mice and other insects

Category pest control, animal removal

06/12/2013

Suzanne S.

I had an appointment for them to come out to treat fleas. No one showed up. I called, they said they would talk to the tech and call me back. Half and hour later still nothing, no person no call. When I called back again I got a voicemail. I had to sit outside on the stoop because I couldn't be in the flea infested apartment. I can't live there. Had to leave work for the appointment with no show and no phone call. Don't waste your time.

Description of Work
Stood me up, I had to leave work for a no show.

06/11/2013

Kelli M.

APM was very friendly, thorough and courteous. I had squirrels that had gotten into my attic from a gap in siding at my neighbor's house (I live in a townhouse). APM was very prompt in coming out, thorough in evaluating the problem and offering me options, and the price, while at first seemed high (because I didn't know any better), was a great value because it included a year warranty. They were diligent in their efforts to catch the squirrels, which they did, and they took the captured squirrels to a wildlife area several miles away so they would not come back. They also sanitized my attic and sealed up the siding through which the squirrels were entering in order to prevent future issues. Great service, and I would recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
Squirrel removal, siding repair

Category pest control, siding

Basement Gurus

We have over 30 years of combined experience. We are family owned and operated and certified. We aim to please we want 100% guaranteed satisfaction.

Basement Waterproofing Nationwide Inc

Basement Waterproofing Nationwide has been servicing the Baltimore area since 1987. BWN has been turning damp and wet basements into dry basements without costly excavation. BWN is a licensed and insured, locally and nationally recognized basement waterproofer. We are the first basement waterproofing company to be awarded the Better Business Bureau's "Torch Award" for outstanding ethics in the marketplace, also being the only waterproofer to win that award twice. An Angie's list Super Service Award winner (2011 and 2012), BWN has the ability to permanently correct your basement problems at an affordable price. When it comes to trust you have come to the right place, we are family owned, family run, local business. We are not a franchise nor are we an exclusive dealer of any one product. As such, BWN is able to present you and your basement to the entire array of products and services available on the market today, allowing us to solve your wet basement problem with the right method at a price that's right for you. We offer a lifetime warranty to our customers, ensuring that your basement stays continuously dry. BWN is above all professionals, delivering excellence in the swift completion of each project.

Offers by Basement Waterproofing Nationwide Inc on Angi
    Dry Tech Waterproofing Solutions

We are a locally owned and operated basement waterproofing company with over 25 years experience. With over 10 years of servicing the tri-state area, we have many satisfied customers. In addition to our quality workmanship, our warranty is among the best in the industry! Call now for your FREE, no obligation, in home estimate.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Pest control & extermination. Handyman services. Insulation. Gutter protection. Dehumidifiers.