Bayside Exteriors

Founded 1994 • With Angi since February 2011

32295 Nassau Rd

Lewes, DE 19958

Having a good roof over your head gives you peace of mind and adds value to your home. Bayside Exteriors offers professional service and high quality building materials so you don't have to worry about being safe and comfortable, and protecting your home's re-sale value. This comes from careful

12/23/2018

tom S.

Excellent. Got an appointment for an inspection 2 days after I called. Pat came out, inspected the ceiling and went up on a steep, 2-story roof. Saw evidence of previous patch work and explained what most likely happened to require that. Told him that a friend went up 2 weeks prior and nailed down some popped nails. Says that may have fixed the leak. Told me to look for leaks as 3" of rain was predicted for the next 2 days. After the deluge, I saw no signs of leakage. He told me to call him and let him know if I say any leakage. He would return ASAP and repair the leak. Christmas Present: NO charge for 2 hours of his labor. Excellent professionalism, knowledge and personality.

Description of Work
Evidence of leaking in breakfast room ceiling.

05/15/2018

James B.

I obtained three estimates for the job. Mike did an excellent review of the work to be done. He was on time (a little early in fact, but that was fine) and was very friendly. We went to their office on that Friday to pay for half the job and to pick out a shingle color for the new roof. Amanda told us it would be about two weeks. We received a call the following Tuesday that they had an opening for Wednesday and were we available. We said 'yes' and they completed most of the job in one day, with Don coming back on Thursday to finish some odds and ends.

Description of Work
I had a new roof put on my house, garage, and enclosed deck.

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

03/13/2018

Wendy V.

Mike came to my property on 3/1 to look at my roof and provide an estimate. He didn't say much to me, but when he left he said he would send me an estimate in 45 minutes to an hour. It never came. I emailed him on 3/7 and he said he would be back in the office in one hour and would look into it. It's now 3/13, I still haven't received an estimate from them and I hired another company.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

06/15/2017

james S.

great jiob was done to our standards

Description of Work
roof replacement

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Bayside Exteriors.

05/01/2017

gary M.

Had to have repairman come back but once discussed with manager - Bayside Exteriors fixed problem in a professional workmanlike manner.

Description of Work
repair fascia trim that was torn from home during storm and repair broken piece of HardiePlank Siding

Category roofing, siding

03/22/2017

Lester S.

The job was done well and was completed 10 days after I first called them.

Description of Work
Replaced all roof vents.

Thank you for your business!

03/15/2017

Ruby P.

My experience with Bayside Exteriors, LLC was great. I can honestly say from my first contact with a visiting home site estimator-salesman, to the crew who completed the project, as well as, to the personnel with the completion and administration to finalize the final paperwork, I give my whole experience with Bayside Exteriors an A+ review. I would not hesitate to recommend Bayside Exteriors, LLC to family, friends, or anyone who needed their services. I proudly display their company sign in my yard.

Description of Work
I needed a roof replacement and demo of a deteriorated sunroom.

Thank you for the great review! We greatly appreciate your kind words and trusting us to do the work on your home. The Bayside Exteriors Team

02/27/2017

Kathy W.

So far so good, has not leaked again. There were some shingles that they had to come back and re-nail down flat because they were kind of popped up, but they did that fairly quickly. They got the whole job scheduled and completed very promptly, which I really appreciate.

Description of Work
Replaced the front half of our roof including the dormer and the ridge vent, and with ice/snow barrier underneath throughout due to reoccurring leaks.

02/13/2017

Paul C.

They did a fine job getting my Mom's roof repaired.

Description of Work
They came out to my Mom's house and fixed a roof we have been trying to get fixed for a couple of years now.

01/30/2017

Eugene G.

Excellent workmanship and honest dealing throughout

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

01/28/2017

Mark T.

We were impressed with they showed up when they said they were going to initially and this was an huge job they had to peel off three layers of shingles it was nuts and then they did the whole thing but what impressed me the most I think was towards the end of the job how attentive the foreman was to quality control making sure everything was right and checking various places he was walking along the roof and checking various places and talking to his workers and everything just making sure that something wasn't sort of done in an half baked way or something was not done that shouldn't be done or whatever it was just they weren't in a huge hurry to finish up and collect the money and get out of the way they really felt, the impression to me even when it was obvious we weren't out there standing looking at them that they were really really trying to do a good job, takes some really pride in their work.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof.

01/03/2017

Nina C.

It went well. As a smaller job, I was fit in between larger jobs and that was fine. They removed the front door screen, completely re-did the front door trim, replaced the screen door and caulked everything. There was some confusion about the diverter, but all is well now. The best thing was that the actual work was not as involved as they thought it might be, so I received a credit! That impressed me, as I know there are companies out there who would not mention a thing and just keep the money. So, thank you, Bayside. Have used you twice now and will continue do so and recommend you to others.

Description of Work
Needed the threshold to the front door replaced due to water damage and wanted a rain diverter placed on the roof over the front door to slow down further damage. The water hits the brick sidewalk.

Category roofing, doors

12/20/2016

Mary Anne J.

it rained as they were working but since they only take off what they need to we had minor issues. cleaned up VERY well

Description of Work
new roof and skylights

Category roofing, skylights

11/14/2016

Deborah C.

Less than two weeks after we got and accepted our proposal did Bayside Exterior come and do the work. We are very happy with their professionalism and will definitely call them with any future needs.

Description of Work
We had two problem areas of concern with our roof. We got a timely call and estimator was at our home at the assigned time.

11/12/2016

GAYLE&SHERRON R.

Had we contacted this company first, it would have saved us time, money, & angst over a bad roof leak. Once contacted, we had an appointment w/Mr. Oakland within the week. Not only is he knowledgeable about roofing, but also other issues re maintaining a home. We appreciated his input. Our house is a 2-3 level contemporary built in 1998 & is 2300 sq. ft. not including the attached 2-car garage. The 3rd level houses the heat pump. The roof is steep pitched w/several peaks & valleys. Mr. Oakland presented his company’s product of a 50 yr. GAF shingle, the materials to be used, warranties, etc. He had a lot of patience to answer any questions we had. This was not my 1st experience w/roof replacement. I did my homework & based on online info plus comparing the size/pitch of my roof to 2 other roofs that had recent roof replacements, I had a figure in mind. I held my breath as Mr. Oakland went to give us the cost. It was dead on to what I had estimated -- $12,000 & that was adding in the roof on the gazebo that sits on the back deck. This did not include the price for any boards that would need to be replaced, and indeed, rotted boards were found which was producing the bad leak. That came to $135. This company knows roofing. They have a methodology for approaching the job and getting the work done thoroughly & expeditiously. They use up-to-date equipment which adds to the efficient progression of their work. It took 2 days to complete. From all the debris produced by this job, except for their yard sign, you would not have known they were ever there. We have had no hesitation in sharing their business card.

Description of Work
Roof replacement with all new materials, locate & remediate existing roof leaks.

09/16/2016

John M.

Bayside Exteriors was not the lowest bidder. Two other roofers bid lower. I went with Bayside because I am a good judge of character. The estimator Josh was an amazing person. The other estimators came across as not loving their jobs. Bayside's employees went above and beyond and exceeded my expectations doing things to repair my house that were not even in the contract at no additional cost. The owner, Andrew, came out to my house while the job was underway. He talked to me for about 1.5 hours while we both watched the work being done. His wife came out in the middle of the job and introduced herself and took photos for a commercial. Their Dream Team, Danny and Donny, blew me away with their passion for excellence on the work they did for me replacing my chimney cap with a S/S one as well as installing a new EPDM rubber roof over my porch and replacing a damaged gutter section. All of their employees are good people, hard workers and have a lot of experience... there are no slackers. Jake, the Production Manager, was on the job numerous times to make sure that everything went well and that I was satisfied with the work. The owner subscribes to "Do it right the 1st time!" As the saying goes, "You get what you pay for." I am so glad I paid a few more bucks to have a wonderful company re-roof my house with GAF Shakewood Timberline shingles. Bayside is a certified GAF installer. That means that GAF guarantees that they will do the job right. They replaced all of the damaged decking - almost 8 4x8 sheets of OSB. They installed new drip edge. They applied Ice and Water Shield along the gutters and installed a self-adhesive shield over the drip edge on the sides. They then installed a GAF product instead of roofing felt that is virtually indestructible that goes under the shingles. They used a tack hammer to hold it down on the decking because button nails pop up and cause problems. Then they applied the Timberline shingles using 6 nails on the upper section and 10 nails per shingle on the near-vertical sections. The cleanup was terrific. The failed skylight was replaced with a Velux skylight and I can see the clouds again through it! Many roofers leave a mess. They did not. There was collateral damage, but they came back and fixed all of the problems pronto. When the job was finished, there were absolutely no problems left for me to complain about. I am jumping for joy that I selected Bayside Exteriors, LLC, a little bit more expensive than the competition but infinitely more worth it. I know in my heart I made the right decision! I am HAPPY! The standard GAF warranty is for 25 years and is transferable. I have done construction work and I have done roofing. I am a very old senior citizen and I am thanking the man upstairs for helping me make this decision to go with Bayside Exteriors. It was a lot of money, and you know I prayed about it before I made up my mind! At the end of the job, I requested a gutter replacement estimate from them because I am so confident that they will do a terrific job! In short, I have never had anything this wonderful ever happen to me in my entire life when it concerns home exterior remediation. Thank you, Bayside Exteriors!

Description of Work
Needed a new roof because the 2nd roof was leaking around the pipe vents, skylight, roof fans and chimney. I needed a new skylight, chimney cap and EPDM rubber roof over my flat roof porch.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, chimney repair, skylights

09/16/2016

Walter B.

Excellent. I had a great experience with Bayside -- the estimator was friendly and efficient, the roofing materials were top notch, the work was accomplished quickly and the clean-up was total -- all at a very competitive price.

Description of Work
Replaced roofing

09/13/2016

Ron W.

Very well. Professional, reasonable & prompt

Description of Work
Replace roof shingles, skylights & flashing

Category roofing, skylights

08/30/2016

Janet H.

A very personable young man came out for the estimate, the young woman on the phone was most pleasant, we were sent the estimate, which was very reasonable, w/in a day or two, they did the work the following week, and due to an apparent miscommunication(?),the wrong materials were used. When we reported this to them they immediately came out, removed the wrong materials and installed the correct ones, even tho the heat index that day was around 105! We would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who needs work done at the beach.

Category siding

07/28/2016

Jeff H.

BE gave a $900 estimate for a routine roof repair but they no-showed for a Saturday appointment. When I called their office later that day I left a message on voice mail. When they had not returned the call by late Monday AM I called their office again. The woman who answered the phone was surprised the job hadn't been finished on Saturday. So she rescheduled the job for "first thing Tuesday" - the next day. The BE crew no-showed on Tuesday too. I called the office and left a voice mail message. About 90 minutes later I drove to the office but they needed 20 minutes to find my appointment. (The woman who booked the first 2 appointments was not in the office when I arrived). About 15 minutes later a roofer arrived. When I explained the problem he offered to send a crew to my house ASAP. I asked him if he would take $200 off the price. He refused. I left the office and hired another roofer who did the job for $500. At the end of the month BE sent me a bill for $900. I replied via e-mail that I wasn't going to pay for work not done. They sent me an apologetic e-mail but at the end of the next month they sent me another bill for $900. That bill won't get paid either.

Description of Work
Rendered an estimate to fix a minor roof leak caused by displaced flashing.

07/13/2016

Janet B.

I could not be happier with the work done on my house by Bayside Exteriors from start to finish! I had several questions during the estimate process and the person who did the estimate was very helpful with excellent communication. The price was more than fair - I got 3 estimates for this work based upon recommendations from Quality Roofing Supply in Lewes of companies/individuals who completed a 2-week training course which was important to me because of the previous bad job by another "contractor". Bayside’s price was in line with one of my other estimates (the third one was twice as much from a firm that advertises a lot on local TV) and, I thought, very fair. The roofing team arrived when they said they would and cleaned up after themselves. Two courses of clapboard had to be removed from the walls where they meet with the roof in order to run the roofing material under them for protection from any water. They left for the day with the 2 rows of boards still missing and, when I called to ask about it, was told that the boards they removed were too old to reuse. They were getting (and painting!) replacement pieces that they planned to return to install in 2 days. Unfortunately, a big storm was predicted for the next day and I was concerned with water entering the house where the boards were missing. Bayside sent a man out the next morning to temporarily install a covering over the exposed area. They returned the following day - after the big storm - and installed the new and freshly painted boards. They had even taken a piece of one of the old boards and had the paint color matched! I am extremely pleased with Bayside and the work done. Thanks for a terrific job!

Description of Work
Needed 2 flat roofs replaced that were only 6 years old but had previously been installed by someone who made it up as he went along with the result that there were several leaks with the threat of more to come.

03/25/2016

Cynthia Z.

We were scheduled for someone to come out and give us an estimate. Thirty minutes past the scheduled time I called and the receptionist said I reminded him this morning about this. She reached him and he came out about an hour later. He was professional and nice and said he would get back to us with an estimate. About a week later he sent us an email with someone else's estimate. After two weeks I called about our estimate and he said he was waiting for a subcontractor to get back to him with their costs. After another three weeks I called and a different woman told me he would call back. That was three weeks ago.

Description of Work
They came to the house and took photos and said they would call back with an estimate.

03/21/2016

Peggy P.

Provider did not return my calls. I left 2 voice messages and called at least 3 additional times to only receive the answering machine.

Description of Work

Hi [Member Name Removed]. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we have not received your messages. Our office number is 302-200-7663. We are available to answer calls Monday through Friday 8-5.

03/01/2016

Kent R.

Still no call been three weeks or more. Will not call again. Lousy business .

Description of Work
Call for estimate to guy came looked at roof said one will call you with cost of repair.

Mr. [Member Name Removed], So very sorry for mishandling this. This slipped through the cracks during a very busy period. I will be calling shortly with a quote for you. Josh Weldin Bayside Exteriors

02/04/2016

Margaret D.

Arrived promptly each day. Worked continuously . No mess, no nonsense. The job started on Tuesday and was finished Friday. I had a hard time finding someone. Never received a call back from most contractors, or they came once checked out the job and I never heard from them again. It took me two frustrating months to get this job started. If I need anything that Bayside can do that will be my first call in the future.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced siding. Much better job than the original one.

Category roofing, siding

Michael S. Gentry

I provide valued, professional, and precise instalation regarding, Asphalt roofing (shingles), vinyl siding including d4 and d5, cedar impressions and Carolina beaded type siding, vinyl soffit, custom bent trim (fascia), as well as 5" and 6" Gutters and downspouts, generally. I've learned techniques from some excellent teachers over the years! Applying this, along with my own ingenuity provides some of the absolute best, quality workmanship the home improvement industry has to offer for today's customers. I've been in subcontracting for most of these years and have decided to bring my business towards the general contracting community to furthermore provide better pricing to fit today's budgets.

2022 Super Service Award

Eastern Shore Window & Door

We are your "Window & Door Professionals!" we sell and install Factory Direct windows doors storm door sliding glass doors French doors Garden windows Bay and Bow windows installed complete by our A rated 5 Star rated Factory trained installers Free Estimates in home....No 5 hour presentations No crazy high price We purchase all of our products directly from the manufacturer to help you save money We will never add any hidden fees. We will meet any special requests. We will get the job done right the first time, every time. You are our customers for life! Find out for yourself why our clients come back to us time after time for all their window and door installation and repair needs. Give us a call today! MHIC License number: 39357 Ocean City License number: 15-OOO37458

ABG&Brother Contractor LLC

ABG&Brother is a family oriented company in which we take pride in our job and try to provide the best service we can. We are licensed and insured and have more than a 10 year experience.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Roofing, Siding (including installation of James Hardie products), cedar shakes, windows, gutters, decks

Interior home repair, remodeling.