David N Donahue Siding & Windows

Founded 1975 • With Angi since October 2010

Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner!!! D. N. Donahue is your full-service Siding and Window contractor. With 40 years’ experience in the industry we know how to do the job right. We keep it simple, price efficient, and stand by our work. We also offer a lifetime warranty. You can rest easy, knowing that we will keep the job site clean, with the employees having many years of experience, including American Veterans. Call or message us today...

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

siding companies (49)window replacement (25)general contractors (9)door installation (8)woodworking (5)insulation (5)flooring (3)decks & porches (3)drywall (2)tile installation (2)mailbox repair (1)lighting (1)

06/12/2022

ken G.

Excellent Dave and his crew did a great total make over of our home New siding , roof, and windows 2nd time we've used him will call again

Description of Work
Siding vinyl vinyl windows roof shingles

Category contractors, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/12/2022

03/18/2021

Sharon F.

Very well. David is professional and helpful. He found the siding I was interested in and provided me with a variety of colors. The pricing was very reasonable and was in touch with me about the timing of the project. He did a great job addressing a problem that came up and resolving it. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs siding work done.

Description of Work
Take off old siding and replace with new.

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

02/27/2021

Teresa W.

David and his crew were professional, courteous, timely, and economical. He shows superior expertise in all facets of his work. His decades in construction have prepared him for the quick resolution of any obstacles, applying creative thinking to achieve a superior finished product. He and his crew were a joy to work with.

Description of Work
Insulation and siding

Category contractors, insulation, siding, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

06/25/2020

Anne B.

We are very pleased with the appearance of our home. David and his crew put the siding on so that you don’t see the seams from the street, and he gave us some very good advice when we were undecided about something prior to starting the job. He always kept us well-informed of his schedule and was very professional at all times. He also was very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Siding replacement

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

05/05/2020

Tysheeda M.

Went very well was cognizant of social distancing and the job he did was amazing!

Description of Work
He fixed the siding that was coming off the top of the garage.

Category contractors

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

04/24/2020

AILEEN C.

Mr. Donahue did an excellent job. Returned my call right away, came when promised, reviewed the job and we agreed on the process and price. He completed the job quickly and cleaned up any materials and the job is excellent

Description of Work
Siding blew off in the wind and hanging a decorative figure from the siding above the garage

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

04/14/2020

Henry B.

Great, On time, work was done in an expert way. Friendly and knowledgeable. Went out of his way while completing repair.

Description of Work
Repair siding and reinstall a window shutter

Work Completed On 04/14/2020

12/23/2019

Ian T.

Fantastic. Dave was responsive, reliable, got the work done quickly, kept me up to date on what was happening and presented me with multiple options to fit my budget. I would recommend Dave and will hire him again for my own needs.

Description of Work
Roof and siding repair

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 12/14/2019

12/19/2019

Tony J.

He showed up on time he completed the job in a short period of time he explained to me what was the possibility of getting a new roof and how much time I had to do that with an exclamation and cost I was very satisfied with his work would recommend him to anyone that’s in need of roof repair or installation

Description of Work
Replace one tile section on my roof inspected the whole roof also repaired any loose tile and tar where it was needed

09/19/2019

Ed S.

Dave is fair , does quality work, shows up when he says he will and is a hard worker.

Description of Work
Siding, soffits.

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

06/05/2019

BONNIE M.

FABTASTIC! LOOKS AWESOME...GREAT JOB!

Description of Work
a bathroom window installed and a big picture window with 2 smaller side windows.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

03/06/2019

Susan V.

David Donahue was very professional, very knowledgeable, and was very responsive to all of our questions. He did a thorough inspection of the home we are renovating and had great, cost-effective ideas for renovating it to get it ready to rent. We highly recommend David and his company and hope to work with them on future projects.

Description of Work
Home renovation

Category decks, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/06/2019

01/30/2019

judith T.

Very knowledgeable contractor. Searched for leak and repaired without tearing everything apart. Hopefully repair works. Contractor will return if there is future leaking.

Description of Work
Had a small leak in a double hung window sitting below a palladium window on the second floor of my house.

Category replacement windows

12/02/2018

Crystal K.

I had a leaking roof when I bought my house that I was unaware of, I wasn't sure where the leak was even coming from. They found the leak and fixed it and also replaced a broken window for me. They were professional, and cleaned up after themselves as well. They offered to come back to cut out mold from the inside of the wall and make sure it was still dry after the bad weather goes away

Description of Work
Leaking roof

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/02/2018

10/30/2018

B P.

Called on a Monday, said he was on a job, but would get to me as soon as possible. Tuesday morning called to see if it was okay to come within the next hour. I said yes. Mr. Donahue and his crew showed up when he said, They assessed my problem, gave me a review and price quote, when I agreed, they immediately got there equipment set up and went up to the high peak on the my roof and addressed the problem. They were all very courteous, and professional. Their work site was left just a clean and when they arrived. Will definitely call D N Donahue for any further issues that might arise.

Description of Work
Needed a leak fixed that was caused by the drip edge on a every high peak of my house

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 10/30/2018

10/21/2018

Elizabeth V.

I have used Mr. Donahue and his crew for several projects. Everyone is friendly and professional. The quality of work is always excellent. Communication and scheduling are very easy. Would use again for sure.

Description of Work
Windows, flooring, painting

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, siding, replacement windows, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/13/2018

10/12/2018

Jennifer M.

Roof leaked after first rain & it’s still leaking. His company’s not bonded so he refuses to come out to repair. It’s raining as I type & we have pots all over kirchen collecting water.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 03/24/2016

Review for David N Donahue Siding & Windows - 315 S Main St, BRIDGEVILLE, DE - 37467832

06/29/2018

Robert R.

Dave and his team have been great. I had a fairly large project, all new window, all new siding, stair tread replacement and trimming out the windows on the inside. Dave and his team were excellent throughout the whole process. They did our screened in porch as well and it is excellent workmanship. Found a few other things that needed to get done and Dave and his team were able to accomodate. Highly recommend Dave Donohue! Trust me, you will like him and he is responsive. I am going to hire him to do our floor replacements as well.

Description of Work
Windows, Siding, Stairs, inside window trim

Category contractors, decks, insulation, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/29/2018

05/09/2018

Mike F.

the job was well done and a very good outcome

Description of Work
wood working

Category contractors, siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

04/10/2018

Chris C.

They did an excellent job. David is a super nice guy and they are an honest company. I would definitely use them again and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed all new vinyl siding on my home.

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

04/02/2018

Jacqueline C.

Honestly I can not believe how many "A" ratings have been given. Dave is a nice enough guy, but I never got invoices for half of the work done. His crew consisted of unqualified kids most of the time. The work performed was not as described. They are sloppy workers. And the paint job I had done last year, I am having to re-do right now. They never took the old peeling paint off and now it is a mess. I had shingles blow off of my new roof and he never responded to me about it. I could go on and on. I am mad. Do not recommend doing business with this company. 3/3/2021 This company did my rood 4 years ago, and I left a bad review then. Now, 4 years later, I had to have my entire roof redone, another 15.000! Donahue did a crap job, didn't replace rotten plywood, weaving in valleys was wrong, no cricket behind chimney, drip edges not installed properly.

Description of Work
Painting and new roof at another location

Category roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

09/12/2017

Cynthia H.

Dave was very friendly, honest, responsive and professional. I will use him again for my next project. Dave is someone you can trust to get the job done right.

Description of Work
We had siding put on our house

Category siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/12/2017

07/13/2017

Sara C.

I worked with Mr. David N. Donahue on the siding of my house. The house project included removing old siding and foam board, replacing with new foam board and siding, and putting up new Azek trim with molding. He and his small crew did an AMAZING JOB on my house! I could not be more pleased. The crew was prompt each day, communication was easy, and it was just overall a job well done. David had many options for me to pick from as the project rolled along and it was easy to talk each one through to arrive at a decision. At the end of each day’s work, the crew cleaned up the various materials that were being removed from the house (foam board, nails, siding, and slivers of this and that). Azek was shipped to my house from another company; it was shipped dirty. Right away David requested that this material be sent back and that brand new, in the package, material be shipped to the house. Dave even noticed an existing issue with the triple window and fixed it properly (something the previous company should’ve done). Overall, the project was super smooth and professionally done. The yard was cleaned up daily. I absolutely love the house now and how the windows pop. I am getting so many compliments on the workmanship as well! I will definitely be going to Dave for my roofing needs in the near future!

Description of Work
Siding and Trim