Solar Solution LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since May 2011

4700 14th St NW

Washington, DC 20011

Solar Solution works directly with our homeowners and businesses to help them go solar in Washington DC. Our attention to detail to our solar installs and our excellent customer service distinguishes us from our competition. Our company was founded over 10 years ago in 2008 and has steadily grown to becoming the #1 solar installer in the District, installing more than 60% of all solar projects! You can be assured of our professionalism, experience, and we guarantee your satisfaction....

03/21/2022

Eli K.

We went with Solar Solutions for installing solar panels and they were fantastic. Our sales rep, Doug, was extremely patient and knowledgeable and helped walk us through the various options - (purchase outright, purchase without getting the annual credits, or lease). The work crew installed the panels in roughly half a day and six months later everything continues to work perfectly. Would absolutely recommend Solar Solutions for anyone interested in getting solar panels.

Description of Work
Installation of solar panels

04/07/2020

Ju-un P.

They sent a friendly and very responsive guy in the beginning. It all changes once you sign the contract. I had so much difficulty afterwards: they scheduled the installation date then they would cancel on the same day or the day before without much notice. They did this twice. Also they needed to talk to my roofer and coordinate which isn't that hard of a job. But they would just ignore and not contact my roofer. After the installation, their communication was worst. They told me to contact PEPCO for meter change and PEPCO sent me an email saying the Solar Solution had to finish paper work first. Again very poor communication. There are a few options for solar companies, I strongly recommend staying away from this company. Not sure how they have such good reviews, perhaps they used to be good and now they got busy and don't know how to run it well anymore? In any case, they have very bad communication with customer, among themselves, and with other contractors.

Description of Work
Solar panel installation

Category solar panels

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I am very sorry you had a negative experience with us. You are right, we did not give you the best experience that we typically strive to do. And what we have found out from this is that we have a weakness in filling the gap properly of a sales persons pipeline once they depart the company, to make sure those projects get handled timely and maintain proper communication. I ensure you we will learn from our mistakes and strive to be a better company.

03/26/2018

Aaron W.

Solar Solution was fantastic. I talked to five different companies, and they offered the best deal and were willing to negotiate a good one. I bought my installation rather than leasing, and it'll pay for itself in three years -- hard to argue with that! Solar Solution was the most pleasant company to work with and had the best terms. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Rooftop solar installation

Category solar panels

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the kind words! We are so happy you selected us and that you were satisfied with our work. Please let us know if you ever need anything in the future! Solar Solution team.

09/13/2017

Adam F.

Couldn't have been easier. They handled all the paperwork and logistics. And because we opted for the lease, we didn't have to pay anything.

Description of Work
They installed a leased solar system on our roof.

Category solar panels

Thanks for the great review [Member Name Removed]! Let us know if you have any questions, and please send us some referrals! Solar Solution

12/12/2016

Rebecca P.

Great. The whole process went smoothly and the company was very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Install a solar panel system

10/14/2016

Gigi M.

After much research I approached Solar Solutions for a small residential solar system. It was a welcome break to talk to a company who knows DC permit regulations, timeline and technical details of various panels available. Antonio cut all the sales talk and got to the subject that really mattered and I can't recommend anyone better than him. Barring the few phone calls that were keep things moving, project was done on time and as expected. If you are looking for quality product and project execution efficiency, Solar Solution is the company to go to.

Description of Work
Residential solar system about 5 KWh in size.

09/27/2016

Christopher W.

The company, and Robert in particular, were great throughout the entire process. They coordinated seamlessly with our roofing contractor (we also had the entire roof replaced), and they were proactive in communicating with us throughout the permitting and installation process. They always came to us directly to receive payment and follow up on the install, and customer service was all around great. We have already referred them to a couple neighbors and friends, and wholeheartedly endorse their professionalism! Before an after pics included below.

Description of Work
Solar panel install

Category electrician,solar panels

04/08/2016

Steven K.

Solar Solution was terrific throughout the design and execution processes. They were very patient and thoroughly addressed all of our questions and concerns. And, they were very quick to respond to all of our suggestions for changes. We also worked with several other solar companies, including a couple of the big national outfits. Compared to Solar Solution they were slow and quite rigid in their thinking. They had one way they wanted to do everything and wouldn't consider alternatives. In sum, Solar Solution was top notch. And, it was great to work with a local company. Finally, I want to commend our contact, Robert Valette. We really enjoyed working with him.

Description of Work
Designed and installed solar panels: 16 255w modules with 16 Enphase Micro inverters (4.08 kW system).

03/03/2015

Sean L.

They mad the process so simple and easy I was very happy. I can tell you I was skeptical at first but I am a true believer that this company delivers a quality product and they work to make sure your satisfied.

Description of Work
This team has been exceptional. I have been working with them for two years on my solar project and they have always been great. I tell you that the pricing has been transparent and the permitting has gone smoothly. I had two properties done by this company and they were great. They installed panels on two houses for me and months later a leak (unrelated to them) started and they sent someone out to fix it. FOR FREE. Great company. THey stand by their work.

12/23/2014

Deborah C.

Robert has come to my house and followed up with cost estimates and pay options

Description of Work
The provider has given me an estimate.

Wilcox Electric LLC

We at Wilcox Electric are here to serve you. Our team will insure that you receive complete electrical services in a timely, professional manner. Since our founding in 1989, our successful stream of work has been driven largely by customer recommendations. Our company has evolved from a home-based business to an electrical contracting business with 22 employees. As a reflection of the times, we are installing increasing numbers of EV car charging stations in both single family houses and multi unit dwellings.

Offers by Wilcox Electric LLC on Angi
    FB electric & electronic LLC

Electrical services for: wiring and rewiring Fan, lights, recessed light installation Complete residential services

S&M Electrical Connections, LLC

My name is Hugo and I am the owner of S&M Electrical Connections. Through hard work, lots of learning and 15 years plus working as an electrician I earned my Electrical Masters in DC/MD/VA. I decided to become an electrical contracting business owner when I saw a need to change how clients work with electrical contractors. Two of the most important lessons I learned along the way: Time is valuable, and so is good communication. That is why I work with clients so we both understand the needs and scope of the job and to give clear, prompt and frequent communication about the jobs progress. This is a family run company with great employees who I hold to the same high standards that I set for myself. Not to mention that I am licensed and insured for your peace of mind when hiring a contractor to work on a home where your loved ones live. I'd love the opportunity to earn your business! Check out our website for more info: www.smelectricalc.com

Check, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Solar panels installed on residential, commercial, non-profits, & government buildings, mostly using non penetrating installation techniques, and offering in-housed power purchase agreements,

Battery systems. Anything other than a grid-interconnected solar electric system installed on a roof.