Service Master

Founded 2000 • With Angi since March 2009

Montgomery co ph:301-579-3488/DC phone:202-480-2583 Nothern VA: 703-822-5030 Service Master is a local, family-owned-and-operated company. We repair all makes and models of household appliances, both gas and electric appliances. Our technicians are factory trained and certified. We also offer

appliance repair (611)HVAC Companies (20)small appliance repair (20)electrician (11)water damage restoration (1)carpet cleaning (1)

12/09/2020

Deborah K.

Lucky from service Master came out and spent quite a bit of time checking out the ovens to diagnose the problem. The GE manual we received with the oven said the error code was the door lock. Lucky found from the specs and diagnostics that the top oven fan was the problem. Lucky was fantastic. Ordered the part and spent over an hour working on replacing it and checking it out. He was extremely personable and the company was very responsive. We would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
GECafe top oven of double oven kept giving error code that doir lock was not operating. Every time we used the oven the control panel kept fogging up and on Thanksgiving day the oven shut down while i was cooking.

Work Completed On 12/09/2020

12/04/2020

Tony L.

Manny was true pro. Had some deep expertise and was able to diagnose and troubleshoot to save me the time and money of guessing and ordering parts. Manny / Service Master was the third company I tried and the first to get the job done. The first two companies quoted $500+ and $700 +. Manny was able to fix it for the total price of the service call.

Description of Work
oven repair

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

11/18/2020

NICHOLAS K.

Service person correctly diagnosed that the issue was electrical rather than with the dishwasher itself. No charge.

Description of Work
Repair washing machine

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

10/28/2020

Danna R.

UPDATED 10/30/2020: This is a revision of the 10/7/20 review. They did refund the overpayment and I'm glad that they have been working to make sure that they fixed the problem. They kept me informed about the schedule and arrived and checked the washing machine and determined that it was not the washing machine but I needed an electrician (When the electrician arrived after extensive searching they discovered that the problem was the sump pump) which has now been repaired). They quoted me a fee for the service call. While they were there I asked them about another appliance I was having trouble with. They took a peek and indicated what they thought was the matter and what would be needed for the repair. They gave me a bill for the quoted repair and I paid it by charge card. I was shocked to see that I was charged double the amount I was quoted when I looked at my credit card statement. I'm not sure if they charged me double because they looked at the other appliance, if it was a mistake or something else but I wish they had informed me that I was being charged more. As for the would I hire again I wish there was a maybe button.

Description of Work
Washing machine

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/04/2020

Christoph B.

Our washer wouldn't fill with water. A technician came out Tuesday and determined that the door switch had shorted out. He came back with the part as promised on Thursday, and we then discovered that there was more to the problem. Friday, they committed to a return visit Saturday with more parts, and then promptly and politely agreed to come Friday afternoon when I pressed for a quicker response. Manny arrived Friday afternoon, on schedule, installed the part (at no additional labor cost to us), and everything's good again.

Description of Work
Diagnose and repair washer

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/23/2020

Marianne W.

Response to my request was immediate. Service tech came out the following morning, diagnosed the problem, had the replacement part in the truck and my washing machine was fixed just like that. Entire job took less than 30 minutes, including moving the machine back into place and cleaning up the surrounding area. Very happy.

Description of Work
Fix washing machine that wouldn't spin or drain.

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

08/27/2020

Ravindra C.

I contacted Manni because of excellent reviews on Angie’s List. He promptly called me back and came for an inspection to repair a fridge that was not cooling. Several possible problems were diagnosed and he returned with parts a few days later. The problem turned out to be small and did not require expensive parts. He repaired fridge Very competently. The work was professional, honest and cost was reasonable. I commend Manni unhesitatingly.

Description of Work
Repair refrigerator

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

08/07/2020

Jean C.

Very clear about the work to be done. And the cost. They’ve done this repair many times before and I felt good that they knew what they were doing. The rate was fair for two guys to deal with stacked washer/dryer, replace a pump and clear out what was clogging my hoses. And it took about an hour. Would def recommend for competency, efficiency and fair price.

Description of Work
Washer repair

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

06/29/2020

Nuzhat A.

Manny was both punctual, professional and knowledgeable in his assessment of my Rental Property kitchen and Laundry Appliances. I trusted his diagnostics with regards to the newly installed kitchen oven and missing ice-maker bin for the automatic ice maker bin. He ordered the parts and returned to replace parts as needed in an efficient, prompt and professional manner. I specially appreciate his professionalism as he noted that factory had not sent the correct ice-maker replacement bin for my freezer equipment and immediately re-ordered it. It was replaced today, Monday 29, June, 2020. In the interim, Manny kept me a rest of the status on delivery of the correct replacement part for this equipment . The cost informed below includes the initial $75/Service Call plus $185/Labor.

Description of Work
Assess all kitchen and laundry appliances in Rental Property.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

06/21/2020

Carlita S.

Perfect! He replaced the worn part with a new part which he had in the truck.

Description of Work
Washing machine evaluated and repaired

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

06/15/2020

Marilyn B.

Service was superb. The guy was professional He's wonderful.The cost was reasonable. They applied the service call $75 to the bill which was helpful.

Description of Work
They were able to replace all the parts of the washer and dryer. The door on the washer didn't work.

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

06/13/2020

PHILIP T.

Great experience. Very honest and they even fixed a door that we had not been able to repair. Highly recommended...

Description of Work
Washer Dryer Repair

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

06/05/2020

Michelle B.

I left voicemail for them asking to contact me to discuss project and they never returned call or reached out to me in any way regarding the offer I had purchased. I am finding the offers on Angie’s List to be of no use at all generally because the vendors fill their schedule with work from them and then just stop acknowledging the rest of the customers. I found a company not connected with AL to do the work.

Description of Work
Dryer repair.

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

05/30/2020

Sophie E.

Very professional, it was a pleasure to work with. Efficient

Description of Work
Heating and Air Conditioning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

05/17/2020

Suzanne C.

The tech was excellent in immediately fixing the garbage disposal, so I did not have to pay for a new one. However, the leaking washer was really more than he could handle. He came 2 times and did not fix it. He did think the main drainage pipes were clogged and a plumber would have to do that.He should have diagnosed this on the first visit. He suggested coming back for a 3rd. I declined.

Description of Work
repair garbage disposal, washer was leaking

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

04/10/2020

Rachel D.

The technician was prompt and professional and corrected the mistakes of a previous “repair.” We are very grateful!

Description of Work
Our dishwasher was leaking.

03/03/2020

James O.

Great. Manny examined my freezer, fortunately, he didn't find any issues. He did suggest if the issue reoccurred, to try to video the freezer while the problem ( buzzing sound) was happening. All in all, he assured us that the freezer is functioning properly. Very personable and knowledgeable. Thanks.

Description of Work
Freezer Repair

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

01/09/2020

shirley V.

Manny was excellent. Professional, got the job done very quickly. Wasn't a big repair in the end and he only charged me $55 as there wasn't major work done, So honest, really appreciated.

Description of Work
Fridge not working

Work Completed On 01/09/2020

11/13/2019

Hans C.

Manny from Service Master came twice. First time he came, assessed the problem and returned a few weeks later with the needed parts. But before installing them, he realized the problem may be with the valve feeding water to the fridge and not the fridge its self. Instead of charging me $500 for the parts and labor, he charged me $50 and encouraged me to get a plumber out to fix the valve. He suspected that would fix the problem, but if it didn't to call him again. I love the honesty and the willingness to admit his oversight and not make me pay for it. He clearly explained what he thought the issue was so I could explain it to a plumber. An honest and pleasent person. I would totally recommend Manny and Service Master again!

Description of Work
Fix icemaker.

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

11/12/2019

Ron D.

Manny performed diagnostic troubleshooting and identified the faulty component. He was friendly, communicative and extremely helpful.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting gas oven

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

10/29/2019

Melissa F.

I need a new dishwasher but the technician explained everything clearly

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Category appliance repair, electrician, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

09/21/2019

kristina B.

Fantastic service; Extremely professional; highly recommend

Description of Work
dryer

Work Completed On 09/21/2019

09/14/2019

Cindy M.

Service Master was quick to respond to my request for help with a gas oven that was not working. We scheduled a time that was convenient for me (a weekend), and the technician showed up ahead of schedule (which was good). He very quickly identified the problem, gave me a quote for repair, then fixed the problem in less than 30 minutes. I was very happy with their responsiveness, price, and quality.

Description of Work
Appliance Repair - Large

Work Completed On 09/14/2019