Polar Bear Air Conditioning And Heating Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2005

1045 Wisconsin Ave NW

Washington, DC 20007

Family owned and operated. We’ll get the job done right and in a timely manner. We respect your home, from the planning stages of an installation to cleanliness during any visit. We respect your busy schedule and punctuality is important to us. That is why we’ve made a commitment to be local. We respect your trust. That is why we work efficiently and at the very highest standard for our customers, and we stand by our work. Ask your neighbors about their experience with polar bear air conditioning and heating. It will be our pleasure to do business with you....

HVAC Companies (212)water heaters (4)electrician (3)air duct cleaning (6)plumbers (5)well & water pump repair (1)

08/12/2021

I call them and they came on the same day and fix it quickly. i have use them for 3 years and was never disappointed.

Description of Work
AC not starting

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

12/11/2020

The positive - They answered the telephone and sent over Angel promptly. The person who answered the phone was pleasant. The negative - Angel looked and left within 10 minutes. When I called the office later that day for an update, they told me that I needed a new boiler because parts were completely unavailable for my old one. They said someone named (I believe) James would call me back with a quote for a new boiler. That was the last I heard from them. This all happened in late November/Dec 2020, when it was cold out. The result - Fortunately someone else came by to take a look at the boiler, and he was able to fix it within 2 hours. The broken part was readily and locally available and was not expensive. I paid my invoice to Polar Bear ($139, I have a copy of the invoice) and will never, ever call them again. I generally do not give bad reviews but in this case the service was so bad I feel others should be aware.

Description of Work
My boiler was not working, we did not have heat in the house.

Work Completed On 11/27/2020

06/22/2020

Angel was informative and quick! Our AC was on our roof, so he needed to use a ladder to climb up. We were out of the new R-22 freon, He showed us the gauge and gave us additional information with pictures about issues with the way our duct work was installed to make sure that we didn't lose efficiency when we got things repaired.

Description of Work
Our AC stopped blowing cold air, so we had then come out to do an inspection.

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

06/04/2020

My call to the company was promptly answered by a knowledgeable and very helpful representative who dispatched a technician to my house the next morning. The very knowledgeable technician arrived promptly, fixed the problem, and taught us about the system and how to best monitor it in the future.

Description of Work
A/C wouldn't start.

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

05/28/2020

Went great. He knew the issue right away just by looking at it. He was honest about not needing a big repair and was super professional. Will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Our AC was not working

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

05/27/2020

Very honest and forthcoming about what was needed and what could be expected

Description of Work
Repair AC in Rowhouse

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

05/22/2020

Fantastic. First of all, it was fixed and is now functioning properly. Everyone was prompt and professional. They work long hours (until 7 pm) which is especially helpful for scheduling. They answered the phone by like the third ring all 6x I called. No answering services. No 4p quitting time like some of their competitors. I also feel like the technician and the company was fair with the pricing, which is obviously important and appreciated. Enough so that I'm happy to recommend them.

Description of Work
Condensate line was clogged

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

Review for Polar Bear Air Conditioning And Heating Inc - 1045 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC - 38585992

04/17/2020

From making the very friendly appt. for service to the prompt arrival of the technician to the immediate determination of the problem and fixing it without delay, the service was an excellent example of professionalism.

Description of Work
Repair gas heater.

Work Completed On 04/16/2020

03/30/2020

PolarBear came quickly and fixed the problem. Always efficient and great service!

Description of Work
HVAC was no longer pumping hot air

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

01/22/2020

I called Polar Bear around 09.30 (the Tuesday after MLK long weekend) & they had a guy at my house around noon. He diagnosed the issue, installed a replacement part & had it up & running before 1pm. He was extremely helpful in explaining the process in layman's terms so I understood fully what had occurred & how he was fixing it. The total cost was $119 which included the call out charge, labor and replacement part which I think is wonderful value. I cannot recommend this company any more highly, they are top notch.

Description of Work
My furnace stopped working overnight, woke up to a 52 degree house.

Work Completed On 01/21/2020

Commercial air conditioning installations, replacement, maintenance & repair, thermostats, changeouts & ductwork systems, gas furnaces, boilers.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available