Nova Arborist- Washington DC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2011

3010 Wisconsin Ave NW

Washington, DC 20016

We provide the finest complete tree care available, from planting to pruning to removal and everything in between. WE WOULD RATHER SAVE YOUR TREE THAN REMOVE IT. Every job we do is supervised by an ISA Certified Arborist - this is a person who has studied the biology and care of trees, and has

10/25/2018

Sabrina B.

These guys are worth every penny! It is the third time I use their services and remain very satisfied with the overall service they provide. Excellent professional advise, punctual, great attention to detail and a courteous crew. I will most certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Trees and shrubs pruning

08/13/2018

A W R.

Work was done according to their very detailed bid. They were very prompt and professional taking time to explain exactly what would be done. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Trees needed pruning

06/22/2018

Gerald R.

He came as scheduled, visaually inspected the tree, gave his opinion--"It's nearing the end of it's life."

Description of Work
Assessment of th health of a tree

08/12/2017

David M.

Great! After initial paid consultation, arborist scheduled treatment, but when he came back, he saw something he didn't see initially and suggested home remedies rather than his paid service. He did not charge and advised me on how to treat the issue.

Description of Work
Tree care consult about scale infested magnolia.

Category tree service

[Member Name Removed] we really appreciate your time and effort in posting this review! Please let me know if things do not improve for the Magnolia by October. All the best, Pat

05/30/2017

Victoria E.

Very well - the team was responsive and we appreciated the fact that the same individual who made the first assessment of our property (Pat) was involved in the actual work.

Description of Work
Assessment of several trees on our property, followed by full health maintenance and pruning of several trees and removal of dead trunk and section of tree growing towards our house.

Category tree service

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed] for your time to write this review! I look forward to seeing that Paulownia again next time! - Pat

02/28/2017

Greg L.

Pat was responsive to my request for an estimate and visited my property to view the four trees shortly after initial contact. He emailed a proposal and had each tree priced out separately, so the total cost was transparent. On the day of the job, Pat and his employee consulted me one last time about the scope of the project and my expectations. I was able to add in an additional small trimming job on my sycamore for a reasonable fee. Nova Arborist worked diligently throughout the day and cleaned up all debris from the trees. The trees look much better now and ready for Spring. I am very satisfied with the quality of service and the price charged. I would recommend Nova Arborist to anyone in the DC area looking for tree service.

Description of Work
My property has four small-to-medium trees--a yew, holly, magnolia, and crape myrtle--that needed pruning and trimming.

Category tree service

Hi [Member Name Removed], I really thought I had responded to this before. If not, I really appreciate your thoughtful review! Happy Spring! Pat

01/25/2017

John K.

He was very knowledgeable, helpful.

Description of Work
Got an estimate on removal of an tree, in the DC area, you have to get an permit, everything is complicated. He did give me a lot of information.

06/22/2016

Andrea H.

Pat was able to drop by for a quick assessment just a few hours after I spoke to the main office. He immediately struck me as very professional, and I am feeling very reassured that my tree will live and eventually be restored to its former glory. I've already added a reminder to my calendar to schedule a fall appointment with Nova Arborist for some maintenance work.

Description of Work
My neighbor, without talking to me, elected for someone (not Nova) to prune all branches of an elm tree on my property that crossed over to theirs. The result was that roughly half of the canopy was removed in the middle of the season, and I was very worried about the damage and risk for disease that this caused. Mr. Patterson provided an assessment and worked out a long-term plan to make sure the tree will live a long life.

10/08/2015

Laurie K.

Pat and his team were GREAT! Pat took the time to explain options to save one of the trees, and also ended up trimming two additional trees and removing a smaller tree. He educated me on the maintenance needed to keep the trees healthy, and recommended the appropriate mulch for the trees. Pat and his crew were extremely professional and knowledge, and removed all debris from the property. I felt very comfortable with the work they were doing in my yard and am very glad my neighbor referred them to me. I would highly recommend Pat and his team for any further tree maintenance, removal, etc.

Description of Work
removed large try, trimmed other tree, aerated, fertilized

Category tree service

Hi [member name removed]! I know it's been almost 2 months, but I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and thoughtful review. You were really a pleasure to work for. I would love to hear how the trees come out in the Spring. I hope you guys have a great holiday season!! Pat

08/05/2015

Efrem C.

It went well. as they did it in April, some of the dead branches were not evident and are still there.

Description of Work
They trimmed the trees.

Category tree service

Hi [member name removed], Thank you for the review. When I last met with you, I left thinking everything was great - I would love to know what happened here! What can we do to get this to an "A"? Pat

06/30/2015

William M.

The owner, Pat, came out to do an estimate in the pouring rain, which did not seem to deter him. We agreed on a price and a date for the work to be done, which was about a week after the estimate was provided. Pat and his crew of 2 tree climbers showed up exactly on time to perform the work. The three of them were thorough in cutting and trimming all of the branches that were either dead, crossed, or intertwined with adjacent trees. They cleaned up my property completely, leaving it in better shape than when they arrived. They were all very professional and friendly and knew what they were doing. They were very careful not to damage my property or my neighbor's.

Description of Work
Trim the branches on 2 50' cedar trees

Category tree service

[Member Name Removed], We really appreciate your making the time and effort to write a detailed review of our work! Your genuine interest in the health & beauty of your trees is clear, and these are the jobs we love the most. It was also very interesting to talk to you about various things, and I will definitely be consulting with you before my next Colorado ski vacation! Take care and have a great Summer! Pat

06/26/2015

Barbara S.

Came on time. Did a great job!!

Description of Work
Cut down large trees to make room for driveway

05/14/2015

Elliot T.

Pat and his team were excellent from start to finish. Pat was responsive in coming out and reviewing the scope and equally so in providing his estimate. Of the 3 estimates I received, Nova wasn't the lowest (nor the highest) but they were definitely the most responsive and gave me confidence that they would stand by their work. When the time came for the work to be done, Pat and his team arrived on time. I needed a bunch of my neighbor's tree limbs cut that had grown into our property (with our neighbor sitting there to supervise the work). The situation called for a sensitive and thoughtful approach and we got exactly that from Nova. They took the time to talk through different trimming options and they trimmed the branches 'progressively' to find the best solution for both us and our neighbors. They were courteous throughout and were willing to go the extra mile in making sure we were satisfied. I very much appreciated their approach and I wouldn't hesitate to call them up directly next time I need work done.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

Category tree service

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for providing this very thoughtful and thorough review. I know as a busy professional it is difficult to make time for things that aren't immediately necessary, like providing an online service review. Your time and effort will help us help others to make good decisions about their tree care. All the best, Pat Pat Patterson Nova Arborist ISA Certified Arborist #SO-5403A PatPatterson@NovaArborist.com Office: 202-549-5519 Mobile: 571-299-0973

03/25/2015

Priscilla M.

They could not do the work that I needed so I did not use the deal.

Description of Work
I bought a big deal for $1,299 for 3 Tree Service Professionals for a Day.

02/22/2015

Reginald H.

Excellent service and professionalism from all staff!

Description of Work
Trim tree and cut branches on a very large Oak tree in backyard

01/26/2015

hatem H.

From scheduling to execution, everything went well. the trees were in a residential area, and the crew took extra care in re-directing pedestrian traffic in a professional way. the work was done within deadlines and to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Cut 2 trees

09/17/2014

Claire B.

Service was prompt, thoughtful and well done. Pat is terrific.

Description of Work
Trimmed trees, removed trees, consulted on care of trees.

09/05/2014

Chris S.

Excellent - very professional and helpful to determine how to prioritize with a limited budget

Description of Work
Trimmed trees and removed dead branches

09/01/2014

Erin M.

Scheduling the service went well, and they were very responsive. I asked them to come back & trim a bit more that they missed (I was not there when they were finishing up), and it took a while to get back to me. They broke one of our outside walkway lights by accident, but agreed to replace it when they came back to trim the remainder of the tree. Overall, I would use them again, but I would be home the next time they came, as the problems were really a result of me not being available to check the work before I left.

Description of Work
Trimmed the mulberry tree in our backyard

08/27/2014

Heike W.

Really delightful! Friendly and well mannered! Just darling! Super! They took great pains to do an excellent job and they did! A+++

Description of Work
Tree service.

08/25/2014

Anna J.

My experience with Nova was terrific--I don't have enough superlatives for this company. Pat Patterson was extremely professional, courteous, knowledgable, and prompt at all times. He called me back right away and we were able to set up a consultation within that same week. He was on time for the consultation and clearly knew what he was talking about. He followed-up the next day with a written proposal, and sent out a crew the very next morning. I came home to a perfectly pruned tree! It was thinned nicely; the canopy no longer hangs into my neighbors' yards and the sidewalk; the shape is balanced; and it lets a nice amount of light onto the yard below. I have a tiny front yard in Capitol Hill with one cherry tree and street parking only. Although the job might be small and the parking less than ideal, I never got the impression that they weren't interested in taking the job or providing less than perfect service. For some unfortunate reason, I had a very difficult time finding an arborist, so I was thrilled to find these guys. Branches Tree Experts (hired last year for the same job) basically did not do the full job even after weeks of waiting for them (see my review of Branches) or have normal business practices (like providing anything in writing); and 2 other companies I called gave the impression that a small, urban job was an inconvenient and undesired project. I went with Nova because of their great AL reviews and the fact that Pat is an ISA Certified Arborist. I had one great experience after another with them. In sum, if you want an arborist that is really skilled, knowledgable, professional, reasonably priced, and will follow-through, then go with Nova.

Description of Work
Health and maintenance pruning for a Yoshino Cherry tree--removed/reduced dead, damaged, crossing, crowded, and overextended limbs; raised the canopy slightly over walkways; pruned away from the house.

Category tree service

Hi [member name removed], This is such a detailed and thoughtful review, and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the effort you put forth to describe your experience with us. In the "busy-ness" of everyday life, this is a very special and appreciated gesture on your part. I hope the trees are looking great this year. Have a wonderful holiday season! Thank you, Pat Patterson

08/18/2014

Josh M.

Thanks so much for everything. You invested a lot of time and care giving our front yard tree what it needs to get healthy. We also appreciated the advice on what we should consider when remodeling our yard to keep the tree in good health. Excellent experience. We will use again. Thank you!

Description of Work
Tree pruning and overall care. Aeration added on during service

08/10/2014

Joy N.

It went great, these guys are super nice and went above and beyond. Hard workers, too. I will definitely call this company when I need an arborist again.

Description of Work
Pruned multiple trees and treated one that had a parasite.

07/02/2014

Cynthia P.

The representative from NOVA had to reschedule our meeting a few times due to unforeseen circumstances, but was courteous on arrival. He mentioned a $300 dollar minimum for the discount to be applied. When I stated that this was not indicated in the printed deal, he agreed and offered addition services to included in the $1800 estimate for the removal of a tree. I have not scheduled the services at this time.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from this company for: $99 for $200 Worth of Tree Services.

06/06/2014

jacqueline B.

He was very nice and said he was going to try and honor my Big Deal but once he was in my area he stated he could not honor my Big Deal. He sounded afraid that his crew and property may be in jeopardy.

Description of Work
He came out to the area and it didn't look like anyone was home. He didn't knock on the door but someone was home. He went and sat at the gas station and tried to contact me. when i called back he notified me that he couldn't service my area

Complete Lawn Care Inc

We specialize in Integrated Pest Management (IPM), as well as Aeration, Seeding, and Fertilization, with our Natural and Blended Programs. Our constant goal is to solve our customers lawn care problems, while protecting our environment. Give us a call today for a free estimate/analysis!

Moyers Lawn Service & Landscaping

New specials for first time customers! See our coupon below or call for details. Also, check out our Featured Deals. Moyers Lawn Service & Landscaping is a family owned, full service yard care company that provides area customers with the best lawn care and landscaping services. Owners, Dale, Peggy, and Greg Moyers, a brother/sister trio, started their business while attending high school in 1981. Operating out of the back of an old Volkswagen, they consistently and determinedly completed their task. Word spread and in a short period of time, clients were eagerly recommending these "young entrepreneurs." Today, they enjoy a record number of satisfied customers. Additional email - peggy@moyerslawnservice.com. Additional DBAs - LSJV Ltd, Moyers Lawn Service, Moyers' Lawn Service & Landscaping.

Offers by Moyers Lawn Service & Landscaping on Angi
    Xtra Care Landscaping & Design INC

We understand how important it is to have confidence in the people who design your landscape. We have a friendly staff of highly creative and capable people, and we pride ourselves in our excellent service recognized around DC area, Maryland and Virginia. That’s how we’ve built our business throughout more than 18 years and mostly through referrals. For more than a decade, Xtra Care Landscaping & Design, Inc, has provided professional lawn and yard maintenance as well as comprehensive landscaping design-build services to residential and commercial clients throughout the metropolitan Washington, DC area.Whether you choose mowing and edging, artificial turf or mulching our competitive pricing and professional service is among the best in the area, and be sure to ask about our complete landscape design-build services guaranteed to blend your home or office seamlessly into it’s natural surroundings. Call us for any of the listed services: Yard & Maintenance, Hardscaping, Sprinkler Systems, Lighting, Artificial Turf, Decks, Landscape Design, Going Green, Concrete Art, Or Commercial Maintenance!

2022 Super Service Award

Based in the District of Columbia we provide tree selection, planting, pruning, soil analysis, root zone aeration, fertilization, mulching, problem diagnosis and treatment, storm damage repair, cabling, lightning protection, complete removal and stump grinding.

Landscaping