Jimmy Gusky Heating & Air LLC

Founded 1996 • With Angi since November 2011

2604 Connecticut Ave NW

Washington, DC 20008

Family owned & operated. Jimmy Gusky LLC is here to serve you in the warm and cold seasons. With more than 30 years of plumbing & HVAC experience, we work on every project with attention to detail and time. HVAC, plumber, commercial plumbing, repair boilers, heating repair. Additional DBA - JCF Inc ....

4.4

HVAC Companies (293)plumbers (112)drain cleaning (19)water heaters (4)well & water pump repair (1)chimney sweep (1)

12/01/2020

Frederick B.

Appears they did a good job. Listened to what I wanted in a system, and came up with a couple of suggestions.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC system

Category

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

11/08/2020

Dennis Y.

My home warranty assigned me this incompetent and unreliable hack. He has my water heater repair case for the past month and nothing has been fixed or replaced. It took him 3 weeks to come out and realize that he can't fix my water heater. Never answers the phone and when he does, he will to lie to your face that he'll call you back. Avoid this deadbeat at all costs.

Description of Work
Water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

08/07/2020

Shelley C.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time that we used Jimmy and couldn't have been more pleased. My house felt like a sauna and we were desperate for Jimmy to come over. He was extremely busy however he found time to stop by. We were told that we needed a new unit and by 3:30 the following day, we had a new unit installed. Can't get better service than that!!!

Description of Work
Needed a new air conditioning unit during the hottest week of the summer

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

07/01/2020

John T.

Jimmy Gusky HVAC is truly as good as it gets. One of our AC units went down and through the warranty company found our way to Jimmy Gusky himself. Although out of their territory, Jimmy was willing to make the extra trip to diagnose the problem. He was very responsive to get our initial service call scheduled and determined the unit needed to be replaced, and we all know these units usually decide to break down only when pushed to the limit in the hottest summer months and we need AC the most. He did the legwork to get the warranty company to honor the recommendation and as you can see from the attached photo put in a much more substantial unit that is doing a fabulous job cooling the home. Add to that he actually had the unit and scheduled the install even before the warranty company approved the swap out. I that isn't one of the greatest examples of outstanding customer service and going above and beyond to exceed expectations, I don't know what is. Big thanks to Jimmy and team for their commitment to excellence!

Description of Work
Repair HVAC unit, which led to diagnosis and installation of a new unit

Work Completed On 08/28/2019

Review for Jimmy Gusky Heating & Air LLC - 2604 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC - 38688619

10/23/2019

Julie Z.

Plumber was very honest. Was able to fix the situation without using a snake, which ended up saving money.

Description of Work
clogged sink

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

11/03/2018

jim C.

Everything went extremely well. We wanted to finally install central air to our older home, so we called around and got several estimates. The salesperson Tom Kelly, that came out was very patient and took the time to answer all of my questions and explained several options. After the estimates were done, we decided to go with Jimmy Gusky based on the reviews and the presentation Tom had given. The estimates from all the companies were somewhat all around the same price, And we didn’t want to go with the cheapest estimate. Initially we were only looking to have central air added onto the furnace, but on installation day, one of the installers brought to my attention that there were small cracks in the heat exchangers of the 20 yr old furnace. Based on the potential of the furnace leaking carbon monoxide into the house, it was decided to just replace the furnace and get a new HVAC unit. The two men that did the installation were very experienced and knowledgeable. The new system looks and works great. I supplied my own Nest thermostat and they installed that as well. Kudos to the two installers who definitely knew what they were doing and took pride in their work. Overall a very good experience and I would definitely recommend them

Description of Work
Installation of central air and new furnace. I added central air to my home with existing duct work and gas furnace. Some new duct work needed to be added to install the system correctly.

Work Completed On 04/17/2018

07/30/2018

Louis M.

It went very well. Johnny was very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Configured thermostat

Work Completed On 07/05/2018

07/25/2018

TABITHA P.

I had Jimmy Gusky, LLC as the company selected by my home warranty company to come to my home for a plumbing and sump pump problem. They called me the day they were supposed to arrive to reschedule my appointment time and then they never showed up for the time they rescheduled it to either!!!! I called them to see what happened and was told that the tech never communicated to others about the time for my appointment and that I would receive a call back after the situation was discussed with them...and they didn't call back either!!! I called my warranty company and notified them of what happened and scheduled to have my service order filled by another company...which cost more of my time. I had already had to make myself available for 2 days with Jimmy Gusky, LLC and never received their service. Wasted time from work. Wasted phone time. Wasted everything. I'm annoyed and expected much more as a customer who actually didn't do anything wrong!! They're the ones that rescheduled me!!!

Description of Work
Plumbing and Sump Pump problem

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 07/25/2018

06/25/2018

Thomas M.

Great. The contractor from Jimmy Gusky arrived on time and within 45 minutes had provided a full inspection and determined the unit was fine and had simply malfunctioned temporarily during several extremely hot day.s. So this saved me many thousands of dollars. Great experience.

Description of Work
Inspection to see if any major work was needed after another contractor told me my unit needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 05/22/2018

05/30/2018

Fred I.

GREAT... VERY PERSISTENT AND PUT SUMP PUMP IN BASEMENT, ETC.

Description of Work
WATERPROOFING

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,wells,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, Repair Furnaces. Boilers, New Installations, Services & Repairs. Residential & Commercial Services.