Capital Carpet

Founded 1988 • With Angi since June 2013

608 Rhode Island Ave NE

Washington, DC 20002

Capital Carpet is one of DC’s oldest and finest flooring contractors and installation Companies. We have provided services to both commercial and residential clients for over 28 years. We have built a reputation of excellent services and quality products and at Capital Carpet we strive to be the best! Products and Value mean nothing without excellent service so we are trained and dedicated to provide you the highest level of service possible....

05/09/2019

Andrew J.

Wonderfully well. Carpet runners were cut to fit, bound, and laid on padding up two narrow flights of stairs, one of which turned 180 degrees. The job was done on time and highly professionally. I recommend them confidently to anyone.

Description of Work
We needed to have two flights of stairs carpeted in our renovated Capitol Hill townhouse.

07/05/2017

Miriam C.

It went well. Didn't get a great discount for already having the carpet but this was the only company that would do it. I'm grateful for their service.

Description of Work
I needed padding and carpet installed but I already had the carpet

07/05/2017

Sarah W.

The carpet I hoped to use was not available on short notice. They found alternatives. Installation went smoothly. They were very responsive despite my very last minute needs.

Description of Work
Install carpet on short notice in new house.

04/18/2017

Dwight M.

Flexible on price, good quality carpet, and first-class installation under difficult circumstances (small, odd-shaped rooms crowded with furniture.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet on third floor and stairs to basement.

03/25/2017

Katherine S.

They were great to work with! Pricing was competitive with others, work got done quickly and looks great!

Description of Work
Refinished existing wood floors, installed new wood floors, installed carpet

01/02/2017

John W.

As indicated above, it went very well.

Description of Work
Installation of new carpet and removal of old carpet in two bedrooms of an apartment on the 3rd floor of a walk-up condo. Two techniciens arrived on time and finished the job in about two hours, including removal of old carpet, moving some furniture, and installation of new carpet. The work was professional, friendly, prompt. I would hire them again and would recommend them to anyone seeking a good job from a local DC outfit.

12/06/2016

Melanie S.

I was under a lot of stress with my home renovation and Kavoos was a great listener. He understood my issues and was really willing to help sincerely. He gave me discounts on carpets that i purchased. They are really very good carpets. All his crews came on time and worked very professionally. Great job kavoos! Will use this company again.

Description of Work
Install Carpet and luxury vinyl

06/01/2016

Sara C.

Very good! We were on a tight schedule getting ready to sell our house. Kavoos brought carpet samples and measured quickly. And then Jacob and Marty (?) were very nice and professional with the install. They bent over backwards to accommodate our schedule and the finished product is everything we hoped.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in two rooms on a tight deadline.

05/18/2016

Kurtiss L.

Description of Work
Installed carpet and padding. carpet as advertised, very stain resistant and looks good. I thought the price a little high, but I'm very satisfied. They were on time and very professional. The only very minor issue I thought the vacuuming of the carpet could have been better at the end of the job, but I'm still satisfied overall.

12/15/2015

James C.

Description of Work
Capital Carpet installed a new carpet in our condo bedroom. The workers did a great job and were done much quicker than expected. A minor criticism: on a small part of the carpet, they did not nail in the tacks well enough and it hurt when we stepped there. I had to lightly hammer it in fully.

09/19/2015

William P.

Jose was the job chief and a great communicator: called in advance and when he and his co-worker arrived at the building. The work in the closet was done well with agreement about just enough space for the washer-dryer dimensions and the insertion of a right angle piece of metal transition from carpet to the wood floor beneath. They were polite and efficient and done in about 20 minutes. "Having it done right is the important thing," was my thought concerning the hefty minimum charge. The short version is that the washer-dryer installers arrived and said I should have removed ALL the carpet in the closet (which hadn't been made clear before)! Desperate, I called Kavoos and whined my sad story. Do you know he had Jose come right back and re-do the job at no extra cost? Yeah, it was the best minimum charge I ever paid.

Description of Work
The minimum charge covered arriving at the desired time to remove carpet from the closet to allow the installation of a washer-dryer, and to tack down a carpet elsewhere that had been loosened.

07/10/2015

Andrew P.

Provider responded quickly to an emergency situation. They remained in constant contact with me throughout the project. Technicians called me to let me know when they would be here and I knew exactly how long the job would take and cost from day one. The total job went smoothly from beginning to end and looks great. We are happy but more importantly, our tenant is happy and I would use this provider again.

Description of Work
Provider replaced approximately 1,000 square feet of commercial grade carpet in our facility for our tenant. This included moving the office furniture, removing the old baseboard molding and carpet, installing new carpet and moving furniture back to original location.

06/24/2015

Jennifer F.

I called a handful of carpet repair companies and even though my carpet repair would take less than 2hours and was only to repair a 6ft. by 2ft. square area, they all required I pay a minimum amount that far exceeded what the cost should be. However, Capitol Carpet lowered the minimum for me to a reasonable amount to beter reflect the task. They were extremely responsive and were at my house on the same day I requested service. The repair professional was courteous, professional and cleaned up extremely well such that there was no evidence that work had been done. The repair was excellent. I will rely on Capitol Carpet for any and all future carpet installation and repair needs.

Description of Work
They replaced a small portion of carpet that had been soiled.

06/17/2015

Roger B.

A good friend recommended Capital Carpets to me. I found them to be really good people to work with. Their prices were very competitive. Their installers showed up on time and did a beautiful installation. They are the best!

Description of Work
Installed new wood floors, carpeting and tile.

04/04/2015

Daniel Y.

Surprisingly quick! We would have loved to purchased the carpet material itself from Capital Carpets, but none of the ones we were interested in were in stock or available to order from their showroom (some confusion about this, as we were issued an ordering quote, which was then retracted when we tried to confirm). So we purchased quality triexta carpeting from Home Depot and met our 2 installers at the pickup area of Home Depot. My wife and I had measured ourselves and ordered just the right amount of carpet for the job. They took out the old carpet in record time put down 6 lb rebond and the triexta carpeting in less than an hour! Good quality installation, and they were courteous, too.

Description of Work
Carpet pickup from 3rd party (Home Depot), removal of old carpet, installation of new carpet + padding in bedroom and walk-in closet.

03/11/2015

Paul R.

One employee came to our home yesterday to show my wife samples, measure the room and provide an estimate. My wife immediately chose a sample, paid for the carpet and installation ($300 carpet/padding, $75 installation) and scheduled installation for 10am this morning. The two-man crew arrived 15-20 minutes early, calling first to ensure that early arrival was acceptable. The crew was courteous and professional. They worked quickly--about 30-45 minutes to finish the small room. We are very happy with the carpet and the installation. We'll be hiring them again to install carpet in two more rooms in the near future.

Description of Work
Installed carpet in our baby's nursery.

02/19/2015

Michael C.

01/22/2015

Robert G.

They were great. They were responsive, friendly. It was a good experience. They were timely and easy to work with. Their price was competitive.

Description of Work
They did two projects for me. They did wall-wall and installed carpets for me.

08/06/2014

Dorothy W.

We were satisfied with them. They refinished the carpet for us. He did hardwood flooring on the lower level and on the upper level he did the carpet. He was pretty decent in what he was doing. I wasn't happy with the finished result and I called him and he sent the guys right away and took care of the problem. He takes the time to evaluate what the needs are.

Description of Work
We used Capital Carpet for carpet installation.

04/14/2014

Michelle W.

It went well. I think I will use them again but I'm not sure.

Description of Work
I used the services of Capital Carpet for carpets.

04/10/2014

marcian N.

Installation was a breeze. Two installers (focused on perfection) arrived on time, were polite and respectful as they worked, and showed uncommon care with the bulky rolls of padding and carpeting they brought in. Afterward, they vacuumed all over, then made sure the furniture was back in place. The quality of the carpet and the superior service impressed me. From beginning to end, this transaction was 100% pleasant. Later, I called the owner to thank him, but he wasn't surprised, just very appreciative.

Description of Work
Flooring (wall to wall carpeting, ceramic tile and manufactured wood). One advantage of shopping here is everyone in the sales office has years of experience. While trying to evaluate the quality of carpeting samples I asked plenty of questions and got helpful answers.

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

03/05/2014

Stephen D.

I have used this company several times before. They got the carpet in a hurry. We needed the work done by the weekend, and they called the manufacture in Georgia, and we got it done the next day. They did the work according to schedule.

Description of Work
They installed new carpet in my home.

11/19/2013

Maria P.

Kavoos, the owner of Capital Carpets is great. I have been dealing with his company for over 12 months now and he is my go to person for carpeting and flooring. He is professional, conscientious and always is timely for his estimating appointments. He turns around projects on a dime and makes a special effort to always accomodate demands for quick turnarounds. His prices are extremely competitive. I work in the real estate and property management field and own several properties as rentals. It is hard to find a company where the owner is directly involved with the day to day operations of his business and answers the phone when client's call, etc. I highly recommend Capital Carpets as your first stop for carpeting needs in the DMV.

Description of Work
Provided new carpeting and heavy weight padding to a condo unit I was trying to rent. Approximately 600 sq. ft. of space including closets.

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor

07/18/2011

Margaret H.

It didn't go because they cancelled my order after promising their product for a week.

Description of Work
Stay away from this company. I placed a small order for tile to complete a job already in progress. The tile was promised to be delivered the following day (I was charged a premium for it, which I understood). On that day the order did not come in so it was promised for the next day. The next day I was told that the tile had been delivered but it was defective. I then had to wait over a weekend but was promised the tile for Monday. On Monday I went to the store to find they had ordered the wrong tile because the salesperson had not written down the exact spec number for the tile which I had given her. I was then promised the tile for two days hence (all the while, our contractor is waiting to finish grouting). Later the same day I received a phone call telling me they were cancelling my order because it cost too much to FedEx my order so that I would have it in two days. I had waited a week for tile which I never got and which I could have gone somewhere else for had I known in advance how unprofessional and incompetent this place is. I would not trust this place to do anything correctly.

Category ceramic tile

09/22/2009

leif R.

The owner was very accomodating and took me in his car to the warehouse to select carpet that he had in stock. Not much in stock, so choice was limited (unless I wanted to special order, which would have increased the cost significantly). The installers could have been more professional. They left several ugly scuff marks on walls that I didn't notice until after they left, and their workmanship wasn't top notch. They were punctual though.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of carpet in two rooms.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Member, Unfortunatly I think you have our business mixed up with another business. We didn't have a business location on Rhode Island Ave in 2009, 2010, or 2011. I'm very sorry you had that experience though. We were located there for over 25 years . We recently opened a new carpet shop at 608 Rhode Island Ave NE in March of 2012. We also have a location at 1832 14th St NW, Washington D.C. as well. Kind Regards, Capital Carpet

Biagas Solutions

Biagas Solutions specializes in residential and commercial services. Whether you need a simple wiring fix or you want to turn your house into a fully connected smart home, we get the job done right. Daniel Biagas is a third-generation electrician with nearly 20 years of experience in residential & commercial electrical construction and service. His objective is to always offer complete and transparent information and pricing to all existing and potential customers.

Offers by Biagas Solutions on Angi
    Wilcox Electric LLC

We at Wilcox Electric are here to serve you. Our team will insure that you receive complete electrical services in a timely, professional manner. Since our founding in 1989, our successful stream of work has been driven largely by customer recommendations. Our company has evolved from a home-based business to an electrical contracting business with 22 employees. As a reflection of the times, we are installing increasing numbers of EV car charging stations in both single family houses and multi unit dwellings.

Offers by Wilcox Electric LLC on Angi
    Mendez Painting Services LLC

We are family owned & operated. We provide custom painting for the interior and exterior of your home and your drywall needs as well as General remodeling projects. We specialize in providing exceptional customer service and have over 19 years experience. No subs are used. No job is too big or too small for us to handle. We are licence to work in Washington and Maryland From the Washington Dc Home Improvement licensing department Thank you it will be a pleasure to services you In your home Improvement projects

Offers by Mendez Painting Services LLC on Angi