We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Bonn Group America Construction

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2007

1629 K St NW Ste 300

Washington, DC 20006

Bonn Group America is a license, bonded & insured General Contractor who has been serving residential and commercial clients throughout DC and Maryland for over 15+ years. WE SPECIALIZE ONLY IN FULL REMODELS. Proudly recognized as a top ranked contractor by Angie's List for ten straight years. Bonn Group America takes great pride in their high quality work at reasonable prices. Customer service is #1 to us. We will gladly provide our new customers with referrals and testimonials. You can reach us through the number or this email: rnjankenji@bonngroupamerica.com...

09/15/2021

Rex H.

Bonn Group America is a family-operated company I hired to replace a very old concrete deck attached to my DC rowhouse. The project manager and primary point of contact, McBonn, is very responsive and attentive, and a pleasure to work with. His father provides design background for the team. Over the days leading to and during the project, McBonn was very communicative and gave daily updates. Prior to beginning he was able to provide very detailed itemized quotes for construction. The quality of the work is excellent and the team was efficient, keeping to schedule minus unavoidable delays due to inclement weather. Every remodeling project has its hiccups and when I encountered one it was swiftly rectified. The pricing was neither the most nor the least expensive of the groups I interviewed. Overall I am very pleased with the work and communication, and would use their services again.

Description of Work
Deck replacement

Category decks

08/11/2021

Denise W.

I can only assume they are out of business. They have not responded to requests for quotations via Angie’s List, by phone or by email.

Description of Work
Request for quotation

Category ceramic tile

Incorrect, we are actually too busy to be taking on work like this. Thanks

08/18/2020

amy P.

We were pleased with the quality of the work with a fair price, designed to our specific request, would use their services again.

Description of Work
quality workmanship

Category decks

08/09/2020

Eugene T.

Mr. Njankenji was very professional. I called him in the morning, he came over to provide estimate next day. Cost was very reasonable. His crew started work on the second day. I am very pleased at the workmanship and professional of all involved.

Description of Work
Tuck pointing of front brick stairs

Category ceramic tile, masonry

06/11/2020

Sean M.

I would highly recommend Bonn Group America Construction to anyone looking to repair, redo or construct a patio or other outdoor space. They were very responsive throughout the entire project, from our first request for an estimate until they were finished. The owners, McBonn and his father Rudolf, were fair, honest and reasonable about the cost of the project. The project crew, Luis and Guillermo, worked tirelessly every moment they were on our property and did a remarkable job. We couldn't be happier with the end project and will certainly contact Bonn Construction for future projects!

Description of Work
We needed to redo our patio.

Category ceramic tile, patios

05/26/2020

Ben W.

Poor customer service! Multiple emails to confirm an appointment...and then no communication when they're running late. "I put your address in GPS and it took me somewhere else. I’ll be there in 20 minutes" turned out to be a lie because no one showed up 20 minutes later. If you can't even make it to my home on time, how can I trust you to build something safely?

Description of Work
Estimate for deck repair/replacement

Category decks, deck cleaning

[Member Name Removed], I arrived at your location and rang the door bell, but no one answered. I also called & yet no response. We are a company built on professionalism which started from the beginning as you stated with multiple appointment reminders. The address I input was incorrect, and lead me elsewhere. I’m sorry you feel that way [Member Name Removed], as we are all human. Again, please don’t forget I got there & rang the bell and called but no responds. Thank you, Bonn Group America

09/18/2019

Tom T.

Well done from start to finish! Great communication, professional and personable (all involved from owner, son and crew). Very pleased, will hire again and highly recommend!

Description of Work
Deck extension

Category concrete repair, decks

07/23/2019

Mark D.

Did a wonderful job- really nice looking. Good crew, knowledgeable.. Showed up on time and finished in good time. Price very reasonable.

Description of Work
repointed bricks in steps and added replacement of broken walkway around the side

05/21/2019

Jack G.

Bonn quickly came to provide an estimate, and was significantly lower than the other contractor who provided one. They were there on time after the contract was signed and the work was scheduled. The job took most of four days, and the two workers they dispatched were artists, working our new brickwork around trees, gas meters, steps, and neighboring stretches of brickwork in a way that drew approving comment from neighbors. When it came time to finish payment, I was about to make an error in the contractor's favor writing a check, but the boss corrected me so I paid the right amount. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Replacement of brick sidewalk in front of our house

Category masonry, hardscaping

05/16/2019

Leila S.

Highly recommend working with Rodolf at Bonn! We had a truck hit and destroy a part of our brick wall. Rodolf offered me the best rate and came out to repair the wall within ONE WEEK of the initial quote. I've never had such fast and flawless service. The wall looks brand new. We'll be using Bonn again for bollard installations now that we know what a good job they do.

Description of Work
Brick Repair After Truck Damage

Category fencing, masonry

12/05/2018

Timothy H.

I contacted Bonn Group and the owner responded right away with an scheduled appointment. He arrived on time and provided a good quote.. his team started the next days and finished the following day. I would definitely hire Bonn Group again.

Description of Work
Concrete Walkway Replacement

06/26/2018

Ida E.

Job was very very well done. Everyone who sees it loves it

Description of Work
Vinyl Fencing

Category concrete repair, fencing

06/21/2018

Phyllis V.

My concrete & brick steps were sinking and pulling away from the house frame. I contacted Mr. Njankenji for an estimate to repair the steps. He came out and look at the job; he was very professional, knowledgeable, patient and took time to be sure that I understood the work process and timeline and he addressed all of my concerns. I had a couple of meeting with him before I signed the contract. He arrived on time for each meeting and each day while performing the work. He also addressed damaged that had occurred as a result of the step pulling from the house. The work crew were also professional, they knew what they were doing, they clean-up after the job and the job was completed on time. I am very pleased with the completed job. My steps look beautiful. I will definitely use this company again and I have already referred the company to family and friends.

Description of Work
Replacing concrete & brick steps

Category concrete repair, masonry

01/15/2018

Aindrea C.

I needed my font steps (flag stone repaired) and this company did a nice job - definitely worth the price. My contact (Rolff) was professional and timely in all respects. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Stone work

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel

01/06/2018

Frank M.

Ratings of "A" assumes "A" being the highest rating. This is the second time I have used the Bonn Group America to do work in upgrading my house. This job included replacing and painting a garage entry door, painting the front door, tile work in a bathroom and basement entry way and painting our kitchen and family room. Rodolf, the owner, provided a prompt estimate and the price was very competitive. The work performed was outstanding and completed on time. The crew was prompt, responsive to our needs, did excellent work and clean-up. Rodolf was a pleasure to work with. As soon as I am ready for the next phase (more paint and carpet), he will be the only contractor of choice for me. I highly recommend the Bonn Group America for any work you have in mind.

Description of Work
Replace and paint doors, kitchen family room, tile work

Category ceramic tile, decks, remodeling, deck cleaning, interior painters, doors

01/02/2018

Veronica T.

Bonn America did a great job complete a full home renovation. The home was not in living conditions in over 3 years. Mr. Rodolf, the contractor, was able to gut the home and complete a remodeling on the living room, bathroom, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and basement. Mr. Rodolf also identified other parts of the home that needed renovation. The contractor also created a new layout for the kitchen and opened the living and kitchen living space. The contractor also changed all doors and windows and inside doors for the living room. Overall, I am very satisfied with the work completed by the contractor and the professionalism of all of the work members during the renovation.

Description of Work
Home Renovation

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

09/30/2017

Susan S.

We had used Bonn Group in the past and called them for an estimate on a second job. While the first job was not perfect, the end result was great and so we decided that the quality of their work was more significant than the difficulties. We called three times to set up an estimate, finally they sent someone. He took the specs for the job, all the time complaining about the way we rated him on Angie's list, but said he would send the estimate. He never did. This is a shame -- the work they did for us was lovely, but clearly, their business practices are amateurish and emotional.

Description of Work
Patio removal and replacement

Category concrete repair, patios

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you feel this way about our services. At Bonn Group America, we believe in customer satisfaction. I believe we obtained this satisfaction at all jobs we have done for you. We both can confirm that regardless of the site and environmental constraints we faced at this job - including things like parking, and material transportation which was crucial to complete on a job like yours, Bonn Group America did a great job. It is just unfortunate that upon the hard work and effort that was put to make the best of our surrounding on your job, you left a dismissive feedback which involved several criticisms on our workers parking their truck to transport materials to complete your work. This was something that should have been mentioned at the beginning of the project rather than bash our company and what we stand for at the end of the project. Due to this type of unprofessional communication and approach received from you for the previous job, we decided to put our other client's precedence, which is the reason an estimate was never sent to you. Just as you want a company with "business practices" it is only fair to say we deserve clients with good business moral principles as well. You stated, "the end result was great" which means did our part as a general contractor to provide good, and quality service. Good business works both ways and I think it's safe to say Bonn Group America held their end of the deal by providing satisfactory work. "Grass is only greener when you water it" ~ Neil Barringham Thank you, Bonn Group America

06/17/2017

Denise W.

It went very well. They were very responsive and punctual. They made extra efforts to match the mortar which was hard as it is an older house.

Description of Work
pointing and other masonry work

Category concrete repair, masonry

12/28/2016

Damon D.

It turned out really well, I expanded the scope of work so it was a little over $2000 but very haappy with the work that they did.

Description of Work
I think the special was to do like one portion of a walk way and so I have a landing that they were going to do for the 99 which is what I initially thought and he said look, I'll do your whole walk way for 2000 and so I said sure. They did a beautiful job and I'm very happy with it.

Category patios

09/27/2016

Loretta L.

I cleaned up the basement and told him so - he was busy with a big job and said he would get back to me. I finally called him again several times before we got the work scheduled. He came on a Saturday which was okay with me bringing along another worker. He left the worker there - stayed about 1/2 hour. If this worker knew ANYTHING about repointing brick, he did not show it in the job he did. I tried to explain to him that the mortar should not be on the front of the brick and suggested he remove more of the old mortar before putting new mortar on. I was paying him by hour not by job so why not do it well? He didn't speak English well so I guess he didn't understand me. The job was very poorly done - it looks like a mismatch of different mortars with mortar on the fronts of many of the ones he worked on. Fortunately it is the internal basement wall. I'm sure i will end up spending more than i paid for the deal to make it right. Wish i had stopped him - i would have been better off forfeiting the deal.

Description of Work
I bought a "deal" for $399 for 8 hours of masonry work. The owner was very responsive and came over soon after i did. and i appreciated the fact he was willing to let me clean up one side of the basement and buy the mortar myself to save money. But then things went downhill.

Category masonry

07/01/2016

carmine M.

Replacement walkway was a different design. The contractor was very accommodating. Overall the job was excellent and the contractor was professional, timely and responsive. I plan to discuss future work with this contractor.

Description of Work
Demolished old concrete walkway and replaced it.

06/22/2016

Sandra R.

I'm in the planning process of my project. I decided to contact Bonn Group America via the number on Angie's List. I immediately decided that this was not the company for me, because someone answered the phone as if they were at home relaxing. I didn't think that I could trust a company to be professional or to provide quality work if they couldn't even manage to answer the phone in a business-like, professional manner.

Description of Work
nothing, because I immediately decided against using this company

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

06/13/2016

Nina Y.

It is clear that this provider is inexperienced when it comes to masonry work. The job was an interior brick wall that needed cleaning and repointing. Because there had been water seepage the brick had efflorescence. It required cleaning of those crystalline deposits off of the brick prior to repointing. I was also interested in sealing the brick. The provider came and looked at the job and thought the cleaning and repointing could be completed within the 8 hours allotted. The sealing would be extra, but he did not know what he could use to seal the brick and had to research it and get back to me. Several months went by and I never heard back. I called to touch base and to talk about how we would move forward. He often seemed confused and would call on a whim to schedule the work the next day. This was unacceptable, as there never seemed to be a plan. On June 10th he was schedule to commence work. He never showed and did not contact me by phone, email, or text. I contacted him, to inquire when he intended to come to do the work. He called back and asked me if I had the materials, to which I replied that he had to clean the brick first before repointing. He claimed that wasn't part of the deal and that he could not clean the brick because he could not use a power washer in the basement. I informed him there were other alternatives. The conversation only got worse and it was clear that this job exceed his skill set or at least his willingness to deviate from the routine he used. I have since cleaned the brick with a vinegar and water solution and it took less than an hour. My strong recommendation is avoid this provider and be wary of any deals that they advertise.

Description of Work
The Angie Deal I purchased included 8 hours of labor to clean and repoint a brick wall. The work was never completed as the provider kept changing the dates and the scope of work.

Category masonry

05/27/2016

Erwin M.

He was very curtious and professional. He met me at the house and took his measurement and got back to me within 3 days. The quote came in significantly higher than other. After looking it over he added in the removal and replacement of some concrete steps that we have out back. I told him that wasn't part of the work we asked him to do. He said he would have to come back out to reassess. By that point I was ready to go with somebody else for the work.

Description of Work
Had them come out for an estimate to remove concrete patio and replace with a parking pad for my row house in Baltimore City.

04/02/2016

Sergio K.

It was okay I would say. They were here March 19th of 2016. They did the original square footage that we had agreed upon. There was an additional $1100 added to the cost. I'm not sure if I can think of a best now. The guy kept complaining the job was too small. I ended up losing money. I told him it wasn't my fault, I wasn't the one that posted the ad in Angie's List. I asked him if he was going to call utility since they were going to be digging in the back yard and he said they don't do that. I was very surprised that he never does that. According to him it's the owner who should do that and even if we agreed on that he didn't ask me. I told him that it could mess up something if it wasn't done right. That is the main reason why they didn't do the job in November. Then after that it was too cold. I just wanted something done but done well. When we finally did schedule it was first do the digging and then he was like well I will let you know when I get the concrete done I guess because he needed to find a subcontractor for the concrete, which is a surprise to me because I would think that he already has some companies that he works with and then, oh well I have to find a group price didn't make me feel good because I was in the process to find something cheap and get the job done. We'll see, he just got the job done a few weeks ago and we'll see how long it's going to last, the one corner got messed up and he said it's going to cost another $600 to fix it.

Description of Work
They did concrete pouring for a patio.