Sammy Masonry

Founded 1989 • With Angi since February 2012

A family owned company for 27 years our experienced staff is available to assist you with all aspects of you masonry and construction needs Customer service is our top priority ,We specialize in brick work,stucco,blue stone ect..... Take a look at our gallery and contact Sammy Masonry to further

2022 Super Service Award

New construction

masonry

201906716
Roof, stucco, bricks, pavers, stone
View project

masonry (54)chimney repair (27)chimney cap repair (16)concrete repair (16)hardscaping (8)stone & gravel (8)roofing (8)door installation (5)snow removal (5)gutter repair (4)basement waterproofing (3)concrete driveways (3)

11/01/2022

Linda and Dick S.

Completed work quickly and to our satisfaction. Also did minor repair on brick front steps. Would hire again.

Description of Work
chimney repair and installation of chimney cap

Work Completed On 11/01/2022

09/29/2022

Anthony C.

Sammy and his crew do great work my chimney was decaying and leaning and they repaired it quickly and it looks amazing take a look at before and after pics. A++++++++ to you and your crew

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/29/2022

Review for Sammy Masonry - 2 Addison Ct, Wolcott, CT - 39896150

06/09/2022

Mary B.

Sammy and team were amazing! They are extremely responsive, punctual, reasonable, professional, and the quality was fantastic! I needed this project done in a very quick timeframe where most contractors could not support it or would not even respond. I cannot thank Sammy and his team enough! I will be going to him again for future work!!! HUGE THANK YOU!!!

Description of Work
Concrete Slab

Category concrete repair, chimney caps

Work Completed On 06/09/2022

03/12/2022

zaim S.

Home run! Sammy completed large roof in one day, came in with 30 guys, simply amazing.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

Work Completed On 03/11/2022

08/20/2021

Jane R.

Sammy and his team were professional, on time, and did an excellent job! We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Sammy and his team did multiple repairs on my flat rolled-rubber roof after a poor re-roofing job by another contractor.

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

07/24/2021

Allan K.

Hello Sammy. I am hoping that by leaving this message on the Angie's List Review Site I can be sure you get the message and will call me. You reset some bluestone coping and repaired a crack in my in ground pool and replaced 2-3 cracked tiles July 2020. The price of the work was $1800 which I think was a very fair price.. At the time you told me you were very comfortable doing pool repairs for cement (gunite) in ground pools and that there were no structural problems with the pool, the crack was superficial and and resetting the tiles and bluestone above was all that was needed. It was a pleasure working with you. I then asked you to quote a price for resetting old brick pavers in front of my house and you gave me a price of $2400 dollars to do the work and I asked you to schedule the work which you said could be done October/November 2020. Since then you have not done the paver work nor returned many many phone calls and texts. This summer after I opened the pool I realized that the same tiles you replaced were now cracked again and the mortar you used to set the bluestone coping above the newly replaced tiles was cracking and separating from the tiles below. For the past several weeks I have been calling you and your wife and leaving texts trying to speak to you about coming back to look at the pool bluestone and cracked tiles you repaired to see what can be done to fix them and have not heard back from you. Only once did someone answer the phone (your wife who does your scheduling) , it was a Wednesday several weeks ago and she assured me you would call me by that Friday and never did. I had such a good experience working with you last summer it's hard to believe you are ignoring so many calls and texts and I hope you and your family are well but if I don't hear back from you soon I will need to try to find another mason to repair the same problems with my pool that you already repaired last summer and move forward with the paver resetting with another mason. Please call me. ( I didn't want to leave my personal information on this review so I also left a message through Angie's list so you have my contact information but since I have called you so many times and left messages hopefully you know who I am.) I didn't want to leave a bad review but couldnot post this without rating your work so for now I had to give you a poor rating because the work you did didn't fix the problem and i have been unable to reach you for weeks and weeks but I understand from Angie's List that if you resolve the complaint then the review can be removed. Thank you.

Description of Work
Reset 4-5 slabs of bluestone coping, repointed loose mortar between bluestones and tiles and replaced 2-3 cracked tiles July 2020.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 07/24/2021

12/29/2020

abigail S.

Sammy was prompt, professional, explaining in detail the work he had done. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Leak in the roof after a storm.

Category roofing, chimney caps

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

Thank you for the positive review Means a lot that our clients are happy ! Thank you and Happy new year to you and your family !

10/26/2020

Joel P.

Sammy and his crew did a fantastic job! His price was better than anyone else I talked to and the quality of their work was fantastic. If that wasn't enough, they cleaned my gutters too! If I have another opportunity to use Sammy, I won't hesitate.

Description of Work
Chimney Bebuild

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

Hello, Sorry for the late respond Thank you glad we can help in anyway we can ! Again thank you and Happy new year to you and your family !

09/10/2020

colin M.

Very happy with Sammy Masonry. When you get an estimate, you see Sammy, the owner. Work began later that week and was finished within 48 hours: rebuilt chimney from shoulders up, and new roof. Sammy beat all the other estimates and the work looked good when finished. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
masonry chimney repair, new roof

Category roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

Hello, Sorry for the late respond Thank you we truly appreciate your positive review! Happy New Year to you and your family !

08/18/2020

NOREEN P.

We are very happy with the work. They were courteous, punctual, and professional. They did the job in one day on the hottest day in July. They cleaned up everything when they were finished. We will call for future projects. Thanks for excellent customer service.

Description of Work
concrete sidewalk and stairs

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

Thank you for the positive review and we look forward to working with you again thank you!

06/05/2020

Elizabeth L.

Sammy and his team demo-ed a large existing concrete slab and replaced it with a beautiful paver patio, as well as removal and rebuilding of an outdoor firepit. He was responsive, patient with my questions and helpful with decision-making for materials, and the entire crew was prompt, friendly, efficient, and detail-oriented. They did beautiful work and I would use them again.

Description of Work
Concrete removal, patio installation, firepit

Category masonry, fireplaces, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

Thank you for the positive review and we look forward to working with you again !

04/27/2020

Justin T.

Sammy contacted me almost immediately after I submitted my request. He came out the following day and looked at the areas of the chimney that I had concerns with. He told me what he thought needed to be repaired and what wasn't urgent based on my budget. He offered suggestions and a fair price for everything. The following day he came back and repaired the chimney area in my basement quickly and efficiently. I will definitely be calling Sammy again in the future for some of the other repairs we discussed.

Description of Work
Repair of chimney foundation crumbling in basement. Visual inspection of chimney cap

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

Hello, Thank you for the positive review We truly appreciate the feedback and we look forward to working with you again !

04/17/2020

JAMES W.

I highly recommend Sammy's Masonry. The owner and his crew are very professional. I had a major stone wall fall on my property and his crew worked consistently until the job was finished. I didn't have to worry about the owner switching between jobs. And the quality of work was outstanding. I can highly recommend Sammy's Masonry to anyone in Connecticut looking for top shelf masonry work, sidewalks, paint, stucco, landscaping and construction.

Description of Work
Stone wall repair, stairs, sidewalk, landscaping

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways, landscaping, masonry, remodeling, roofing, pavers, gravel, marble & granite, stucco, hardscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 04/11/2020

Hello, Thank you for the positive review ! We truly appreciate all the feedback And look forward to working with you in the future!

03/22/2020

monique W.

In two days Sammy and his crew completed the work done in my basement. The basement floor was in such disarray with a crack that could develop into a sink hole. It also created cracks throughout the basement which was filled and repaired completely in a day in a half. The brand new stairs and outside door I am very pleased with. I am very pleased and recommend Sammy due to his promptness, quality of work, and the cleanliness at the end of each work day. I will be contacting Sammy for future work no matter how small or big the job. I give Sammy an A+ Nellie W. Jordan

Description of Work
leveling basement floor, removing and replacing staircase and door.

Category concrete repair, masonry, remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/22/2020

Thank you for the positive review we were glad we can help ,hope all is well and we look forward to working with you in the future !

03/22/2020

Nasos B.

I hired Sammy to do several projects in a rental property, including replacing the roof, repairing the chimneys, installing gutters, painting the deck and the porch of the property and a couple of smaller other jobs. He was extremely professional and easy to deal with. He showed up on schedule with a large crew and got the job done very fast. Overall he was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Roof, Gutter Installation, Chimney Repairs, Deck Paintaing

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair, house painters

Work Completed On 03/22/2020

Thank you for the positive review ,we appreciate each and every one of our customers and we hope to work with you again ! Thank you and stay safe

11/04/2019

Ivan C.

He swung by yesterday, made estimate on spot and within 24 hours he had finished the job.

Description of Work
Rebuilt top of chimney - 2,400.00

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

We understand people are concerned with the weather and need chimney work completed soon We were happy to be of assistance and we truly appreciate your review Thank you and we look forward to working with you in the future!

10/09/2019

Daryl F.

Sammy, his dad, and their crew are great people. They have a fantastic work ethic and therefore were able to complete this large project in a very short period of time. The finished product is beautiful. We are very happy we chose Sammy Masonry!

Description of Work
Patios, fire pit, concrete pad, crushed stone, block border, retaining walls

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

We appreciate your positive review! Wishing you lifetime of great memories outside ! Enjoy and we look forward to working with you in the future ! Thank you

09/20/2019

Cyndie V.

Sammy’s Masonry is an amazing company that I have had the pleasure of doing work for me. From that first phone call, the fair estimate and helpful consultation to the finished job I was impressed beyond my expectations. They put a patio in my yard and a wooden fence at my daughters and both jobs deserve much more than 5 stars. Thank you Sammy’s Masonry!!

Description of Work
Remove old crumbled patio and install a new one, Fence and gate enclosure

Category masonry, remodeling, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 09/06/2019

Hello, We truly appreciate our customers feed back.customer satisfaction is our main goal! We truly Thank every one we have had the pleasure to work with and help their projects come to life Again thank you !

06/29/2019

Sandra W.

Sammy is just awesome. He came promptly to look at what needed doing and came back a week later to do the work. He did a fantastic job of building the new chimney and did a neat job with the additional guttering. I have another chimney that will need replacing in the not too distant future and will definitely have Sammy back to do the work. Very respectful, does honest work, and cleans up when done. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Thank you Sammy!

Description of Work
Chimney was leaking water into the living room ceiling and needed to be taken down and rebuilt as the bricks were too far gone to do a good repair job. Gutters also needed repair and additional gutters were added to more effectively manage rainfall.

Category gutter repair, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/24/2019

We appreciate the positive review Thank you and we look forward to working with you again !

05/16/2019

WALTER S.

Sammy and his crew were on time, repaired the porch in a couple of hours. When they left after the job was completed, you could not tell that they were here. I would definitely hire them again. Great job Sammy and crew

Description of Work
Repair a side porch

Category masonry

Work Completed On 05/16/2019

GM , Thank you for the positive review .Truly appreciate all of our customers feedback. We look forward to working with you again Thank you !

04/24/2019

Michael O.

Good work, good clean up and at a good price. I would hire again.

Description of Work
1: Chimney rebuild with new cap . 2: Remove built in closet and re-drywall 3: Create internal doorway in garage.

Category drywall, masonry, remodeling, chimney caps, chimney repair, doors

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

Thank you for the positive review and we look forward to working with you in the future Truly appreciate it Thank you !

09/08/2018

Gary D.

Sammy Masonry was on a tight schedule and offered to come on Sunday to start the work to accommodate my schedule. His crew showed up on time and did all the prep work and set up the molds in one day and poured the cement the next day. The suggestions he made on the design actually improved the functionality and the overall appearance is great

Description of Work
front steps and walkway

Category concrete repair, masonry