Bird Enterprises

Founded 1995 • With Angi since March 2007

4.4

1036 Spindle Hill Rd

Wolcott, CT 06716

Owner operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after-hours service....

04/08/2014

Phil M.

Looks good, we've received compliments on our roof.

Description of Work
Roofing was well installed.

09/18/2012

Robert K.

Poor work did not return to finish work despite payment.. still need to hire some one else to complete work. He does not call back.

Description of Work
Replaced doors and locks,minor trim work and painting

Category handyman service, house painters

07/10/2012

Douglas O.

I really liked him. He did a good job. He was very responsive, professional, and polite. He came out when he said he would. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
I used Bird Enterprises for fixing four planks that had woodpecker damage. They also sanded and painted it to match the house.

Category siding, house painters

07/09/2012

Jennifer P.

He never contacted me with the estimate. I never called him back because we lost interest after not hearing from him in two weeks.

Description of Work
He came out to look at the work that needed to be done and said that he would contact me with an estimate.

Category drywall, drain cleaning

06/25/2012

Great.

Description of Work
This is my third review of Bruce and the second this year. I'm surprised by the negative comments of others. He was responsive, efficient and did quality work. I will continue to use Bruce for all my Handyman needs.

Category decks, handyman service, lighting, woodworking

03/15/2012

Perfectly

Description of Work
poured a concrete pad.

Category fencing, handyman service

03/10/2012

Stephen E.

I called Bruce and spoke to him on my first call. I explained what I wanted and he came to review the job and give me an estimate within a few days. When I explained how unhappy I was with the quality of bi-fold doors he suggested buying interior doors and using them as bi-fold doors with extra heavy hardware. He bought and cut down the doors, sanded them and hung them in about a week. They are perfect. Bruce not only accomplished what I wanted but his innovative idea resulted in a much higher quality job.All my dealings with Bruce were very professional. He always kept in contact and was punctual. He is very easy to work with. I will certainly use him again.

Description of Work
I wanted new bi-fold doors for my laundry room. Bruce purchased the doors, cut them to size, sanded them, installed heavy duty hardware and the doors.

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

09/28/2011

Madeline C P.

He came here Saturday morning and was 15 minutes early which was fine. I showed him the work that needed to be done. I realized that there were 3 or 4 other things that I forgot to mention, so I called to update him. I told him that I wanted the work done now, and it seemed like he would get me his estimate relatively soon. After he didn't call me that day, I called the next day and left him a voice mail. I haven't heard from him since he was at my house. I was suspicious about him not doing the job when he would not talk to the lady who I ordered my toilet from.

Description of Work
I tried to receive an estimate from him.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

05/24/2011

Beth I.

I e-mailed a request for a quote and never heard back.

Description of Work
I e-mailed a request for a quote and never heard back.

05/19/2011

Joel M.

Would not try to use his services again due to poor communication on his part.

Description of Work
I contacted him due to positive reviews on angie's list. I had a small list of a projects, wanted built in bookshelves, ktchen cabinhet needed to be repaired, remove and replace bathroom exhaust fan and light. I spoke to him and he said he would call back in a couple days to schedule a day to fix the cabinet and light. He never called back. I'm actually surpirsed here was a job , not an estimate, and he lost out on it by never calling back like he said he would. We went with a different handyman who came recommended from a co-worker.

03/12/2011

perfectly

Description of Work
fencing

Category fencing, handyman service

03/02/2011

Mark A.

I called Bruce and he came over and gave me a quote. I had him start the job right away and even though it took longer than he expected he said that he gave me a quote & he stood by that. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
I needed values replaced under my sink as they were leaking.

Category handyman service, plumbing, drain cleaning

02/02/2011

Julie P.

He immediately recognized the problem, made a quick trip to the hardware store for the necessary parts and was all done in short order.

Description of Work
Fixed a door that wouldn't latch and a sink that was dripping.

Category handyman service, plumbing, doors

10/01/2010

susan S.

They did a very nice job. The people that came were very nice guys. I had a great experience with them. Now they are doing my whole kitchen. They did a good job and were here on time. There were two of them, and they were the nicest contractors I have worked with. They really understood my cost constraints and tried to work with me to make sure they gave me what they could. They did most of the work for me that you don’t find. Every day they were here on time and cleaned up after themselves. If I had any questions, they were available, and they called me back immediately. I really could not have found better contractors. This is the first time I used them. They were very nice gentleman. I got a quote from another company as well but I did not want to go with another company. They were always on time every day, and they told me when they are coming. I have a nice house now. They did a great job.

Description of Work
I am using Bird Enterprises currently. They took down a wall and few cabinets in my kitchen. They also did plumbing.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

09/03/2010

Jack K.

They were very professional and did a great job.

Description of Work
Built steps to our back porch and built a cedar seat attached to the porch

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking

09/02/2010

John D.

They were two people who were very prompt. They seemed to know what they were doing and talking about. They did a great job. We haven?t had any problems since.

Description of Work
We used Bird Enterprises to repair a window wedge.

08/18/2010

Leland B.

I didn't end up hiring him. He was very low key. He seemed honest enough. I felt that the vendor I ended up going with had a little more detail to the way in which he analyzed the problem and the solution that he recommended. I probably would not use Bird Enterprises in the future. They conducted themselves fine, but I found companies I was more comfortable with. The other companies I ended up going with had a better quoting system.

Description of Work
I requested a quote from Bird Enterprises for a replacement of a skylight that included some minor construction repair involving carpentry and roofing work.

Category contractors, handyman service, roofing, skylights, woodworking

08/04/2010

Matthew V.

Started off great. Spent over a month working with him on plans, materials, and costs. Had a verbal agreement for deck work. Never contacted me again after that. I found a way to reach him some time later, and he said he couldn't find materials to do the job at the agreed upon price, so he just never called back.

Description of Work
No services performed

Category decks

07/27/2010

Francis L.

I remembered Mr. Bird since he was very willing to help me. He probably did e-mail me the price and I think I misplaced it. I remembered him talking. I probably would have used his services if I had come across his company before I found the company who actually did the work. He responded really well and he was very good. His professionalism was good too. I would call him back if I need to get the work done again.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from Bird Enterprises for building a new porch about a month ago.

Category decks

04/03/2010

Gregory J.

Found Bruce on Angie's List after not getting call back for other plumbers. Bruce return my call and made an appointment to come see job before the counter guys did their work. The counter guys were late, and Bruce went on stand by waiting for them to complete. He started working behind them and had to return the next day to complete the job. I am new the the area and he gave me information about the the town and passed on some of the discounts he received for hardware purchase. He did an excellent job getting back in working order. He guaranteed his work, and was a pleasure to do business with. I will call Bruce again and pass his name on to others that need plumbing work done.

Description of Work
Reattached plumbing and replaced facets in 3 bathrooms and an Kitchen after counter upgrade fixed leak in well pump, aligned front door

Category handyman service, plumbing, doors

08/23/2009

Richard S.

The experience was good because of them understanding what we were looking for. Their knowledge on how to accomplish it, meet building codes, and add their flair in its attractive look, made it extremely pleasant.

Description of Work
Removed old porch because of age and deterioration. Replaced it with new materials that wouldn't rot or be infested with ants. They did super job, totally professional, with excellent results. Bruce and Stan were two of the most polite contractors I've ever met. They should be in the home improvement section instead of handy man, as they are professional carpenters with considerable experience with large building projects.

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning

01/19/2009

Katherine K.

I called Bruce to talk about getting an estimate on Friday afternoon. By Saturday afternoon, I had an estimate and by Monday afternoon it was all completed. I was pleased with the results and very happy the work was done well ahead of my personal deadlines.

Description of Work
Replaced lighting fixture, fixed cabinet doors, hung new doors in laundry area, patched hole in shower, replaced shower head and fixed vanity drawer (including milling new top piece to match rest of vanity).

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing, doors

09/24/2008

Aline D.

My experience was fine. He was here on time. I showed him some extra work I wanted done, but he told me he had some big jobs coming up.

Description of Work
He replaced a small porch in front of a playhouse. It was only about 20-24 inches with two steps. He also mended the stockade fence that is beginning to detioriate a bit.

Category decks, fencing

10/08/2007

Susan M.

Work completed very well, and in a timely manner. Price compared very favorably to other estimates obtained, work and materials used were of good quality.

Description of Work
Repaired splintered wood around front door, replaced screen door. Repaired rotted wood around garage door frame, repaired sliding screen door on deck.

03/31/2007

BROOKE K.

Bruce was fantastic.

Description of Work
Bruce is a contractor who redid my kitchen. He took down a wall, replaced the floor, cabinets and counter tops. He called any time he would be late... even if only a few minutes late! He cleaned everything up before leaving every day. He made sure that I was with as much of a functioning kitchen as possible through the entire process. The stove and wiring were moved, but he made sure that I was with microwave only for two days. He moved the sink same day so that I would not have to go without. He also switched out the bathroom cabinets.

Category countertops, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling