Alberts Home Repair

Founded 1995 • With Angi since March 2010

44 Chasse Rd

Wolcott, CT 06716

We are a company of 2 employees doing medium to small jobs. Remodels and repairs take up the majority of our work. We work together with other contractors for the plumbing and electrical work. We prefer to work on one or two jobs at the most at a time to better service our customers....

06/26/2018

Nick P.

Everything was great. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
Repaired drywall in multiple parts of my house.

Category drywall

05/05/2018

Kito B.

Dave was responsive and right on time. He assessed the work quickly and the price was fair.

Description of Work
My storm door frame was damaged in a furniture delivery

Category doors

05/02/2018

Peter N.

Dave did an excellent job. He was professional, fair and very reliable. Always returned my calls or texts. He came out and measured and explained what he was going to do, the price and when he would complete the work. His workmanship is the best and my wife and I are extremely pleased with the job he did. Peter Nakano

Description of Work
Replaced rotted boards on dormer.

Category handyman service, woodworking

12/28/2017

Alexander K.

Fantastic job dealing with less-than-level floors (old home) and putting together a top-notch kitchen.

Description of Work
Kitchen gut and remodel

Category handyman service, home remodeling

10/29/2017

Bob M.

Our three season porch had a lot of rotting wood that was behind aluminum cladding. When we had Dave come up to look the job over, he told me that he would only be able to give us an estimate on the damage he could see, since most of the wood was either aluminum clad, or under sheathing or siding. This seemed reasonable to me, and a short time later we received his estimate, which I thought was very fair. It did state that the job could cost more if additional damage was found, which again made perfect sense to me. After a couple of days into the project it was obvious that the job was going to cost more as they had to spend much more time on it than anticipated, and also had to use more material. As soon as he realized this, Dave immediately informed me. I was fine with it as I fully expected this to happen. Well, after the job was done, I received the revised cost on this project and all I can say is that I am extremely happy with the price, but especially pleased with the way the entire project was done from beginning to end! Every day when I got home from work, Dave would go over what he did, and tell me what he was going to do next, and how he was going to do it. There were never any mysteries, as I was always kept up to date on what was going on. All I can say is that both Dave, and his partner Jim not only met my expectations, but surpassed them! They worked very neatly, and always cleaned up before finishing the day. Every day after work I would look over what they had done that day, and I was very happy with the quality of their work! Not to mention the fact that they always treated me courteously, were very easy to talk to, and extremely professional! I would not hesitate for a second to recommend Albert's Home Repair to anyone! In fact I have already spoken to them about a future project for a family member, as well as some future projects at my home. These guys are great! Five stars all the way!

Description of Work
Replacing rotting wood on a three season porch.

Category contractors, decks, handyman service

07/29/2017

Bob P.

Dave was prompt and work was completed as promised.

Description of Work
Replacement of wall air conditioner.

07/03/2017

Mary L.

Dave did a phenomenal job! He constructed a wall to accommodate the pocket door. It looks just like the original wall. On the other side, Dave constructed a closet to accommodate the other side of the pocket. Again, the closet looks great! Hard to tell that it was added on. This was a tricky job. Dave listened carefully to us and was able to successfully navigate through multiple challenges. He is a very smart guy! Dave was prompt and efficient. He covered the furniture and contained the construction dust. At the end of each day, he left the space clean and livable. I highly recommend Albert's Home Repair!

Description of Work
We needed a pocket door installed between the foyer and living room. Because there was no wall on one side for the door to slide into, we also needed a closet constructed in the adjoining room. We also needed several regular doors installed.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, doors

06/28/2017

Joe T.

got 3 quotes, their quote was literally $10,000 higher than the next highest quote. I'm sure he does excellent work, can't justify the price difference

Description of Work
Very professional, prompt, and thorough. I got a price to replace a deck, just boards and railing, not framing

Category handyman service

Our quote was 27,385.00 Not sure but description of work says 34000,00 Material cost was 11,000.00 and was included in the quote.

06/07/2017

James S.

It took a few more days to complete but the weather played a factor

Description of Work
Dave replaced a numbers of damaged shingles on the side of our home. The work was done completely and the quality of the workmanship was high.

Category handyman service, siding, woodworking

05/18/2017

Lucille A.

Very well, I'm pleased with the results

Description of Work
Remodel basement

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, basement remodeling

04/12/2017

Diane O.

Small leak in faucets, came back in timely manner, fixed.

Description of Work
Fixed a gutter, replaced 2 faucets in bathrooms

02/24/2017

Wendy R.

Dave's response time was good and he came out and built the ramp quickly and for less than I expected. I then rehired him to skim coat walls in a small bedroom and build 4 access doors. I was happy with the work he did and his timeliness. He was always on time and pleasant. At the end of the job I noticed that there were some parts on the wall that were not smooth. I sent him a message and he came out quickly to fix the areas. His price was much less than a previous quote I received for the same job. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
I hired Albert's home repair initially to build a small ramp to my deck and then again to skim coat walls in one bedroom and build 4 access doors.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service

01/16/2017

Mary F.

The job was done exceptionally well. When he told me he would get back to me with a quote, he did, when he told me how long it would take to order the window and get it in, he was right on it and when he told me he would be at my home on a specific day and a specific time, he was.

Description of Work
I needed a new octagon window installed.

Category handyman service, woodworking

11/28/2016

Joan S.

Came out better than I had expected.

Description of Work
Bathroom walls and ceiling prepared and painted, custom cabinet doors and frames made and installed for built in shelves over washing machine and dryer. Also fixed sliding glass door that was hard to open and close.

Category handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

10/17/2016

jessie H.

Excellent work !! Always on time, always completed the work, always answered my questions with excellent advice and suggestions.

Description of Work
Installed a new basement hatch and completed other small repaurs.

Category awnings, handyman service

04/09/2016

Carl K.

Dave was great. He was very responsive, did quick wok of good quality, and had a very reasonable price. I highly recommend Albert's Home Repair.

Description of Work
Dave installed a small footing and jack post in our basement to fix a sagging beam.

Category handyman service, basement remodeling

The customer had a great drawing to work by. We appreciate your positive review. Thank you. Dave

03/28/2016

James S.

Dave came when scheduled and completed the job on time. The quality of the job was high. He cleaned up the site after each visit as if he were not even there. I will use him again for future projects

Description of Work
Installed a recessed cabinet in our bathroom.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

I appreciate your comments [Member Name Removed] and it was a pleasure working for you.

12/26/2015

Marco M.

Beautiful work--the stairs look great and will last for decades. I wanted the look and quality of the stairs to be consistent with the house, which was built in 1917 and is on the State Historic Register. Albert was very responsive to and respectful of my fussiness. The work was done in two days, with no mess left behind either day.

Description of Work
Removed old front stairs, built custom wood stairs with a design that is appropriate for my historic house.

12/01/2015

Mark S.

Dave Albert showed up promptly when scheduled on a Saturday morning and did an excellent job. He removed the old damaged outdoor dryer vent and replaced it with a new one after removing and replacing pieces of the vinyl siding that were around the fitting. He securely connected it to the indoor vent hose so it would have a straighter path to the outdoors. He then leveled the dryer for us. Dave does great work and we would definitely use him again!

Description of Work
We had an outdoor dryer vent connection that was damaged. The old vent connection was removed and replaced with a new one.

Category handyman service, siding, doors

07/18/2015

Michael M.

did not use him. Very professional seems very knowledgeable just went with someone else that ive used in past for work. I would consider him for other projects if needed.

Description of Work
estimate for removal of two bathroom windows (both on same wall) to be replaced with one larger one. Estimate included removal of window rough out of new window complete finishing of outer and inner sides of wall back to previous condition with replacement of wood as needed. Dry wall finishing on inside (no inside or outside painting).

06/26/2015

June C.

UPDATE: estimate rc'd; debating on whether to hire.

Description of Work
I called on 6/22 to ask re estimate. He suggested I email photos to get an estimate or to see if he needed to come see the floor work. I immediately emailed photos. No response. F/U by forwarding same email two days later. No response still. UPDATE: I rc'd an email estimate on 6/28, which offered an option that I wanted to reconsider. I wrote Dave back and he promptly adjusted it for my needs the same day (and it is Sunday!) Currently contemplating using him based on what I think is a good price quote; but I need to double check w/another company to ensure I am getting a decent price.

05/09/2015

David M.

Great. Beautiful workmanship. Everything I wanted.

Description of Work
move shed door, resided shed, removed existing ramp and disposed of old materials

Category handyman service, siding

04/20/2015

marcelo L.

Contacted Alberts Home Repair to fix some winter damage to a dormer and to fix loose siding. Was prompt in returning my calls and emails. We had the job scheduled and they called to see if they could come a couple days earlier because of a open time slot. They were professional, clean and did the job correctly and promptly! I would definately recommend Alberts Home Repair! Thanks again!

Description of Work
Fixed eave and repaired loose siding.

03/27/2015

Michele R.

This was my first experience hiring a contractor for repairs in my home where I did not know him personally. I decided to try Angie's list to gather reviews and try to limit any chances of a problem. Dave and his employee, Jeff, absolutely lived up to the reviews that you see here. He contacted me within 24 hours of emailing him to set up an appt to see what I needed done. He was on time to our initial meeting and got back to me with an estimate within the time-frame that he promised (was here on Saturday and had estimate in my email by Tuesday) It was very important to me that his reviews described how honest and trustworthy he was, as I would be the main contact while my husband was at work during the project time. Both he and Jeff were on time each day, completely professional, stayed on task and worked very neatly in a very small space. They started my bath the week after he gave me the quote and completed it in the time frame of 2.5 days that he estimated as well. I am beyond thrilled with the job that they did! I cannot recommend them enough and will hire them again in a heartbeat. Thanks again Dave & Jeff!

Description of Work
Replaced damaged bathroom textured ceiling that was peeling, removed wallpaper and repaired wall surfaces, painted the ceiling, walls and trim. He also installed a new light fixture, replaced light switch and added crown molding.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

03/18/2015

gerry C.

this man is a true professional! His work was absolutely perfect. He had an assistant who was also a hard worker and they cleaned up and left no mess. He came up with solutions to our problems and they are worked out. Mr.Albert returned our calls gave an estimate which he stuck to! I cannot recommend him highly enough and plan to use him for any future work. If you have a problem in your home he will figure out how to fix it! You may have to wait a short period of time but he is worth the wait. Fair, honest and very good

Description of Work
Replaced outside door, replaced indoor trim, fixed garage door and added new trim. Replaced a wooden closet siding doors and all new tracks and hardware, replaced some drywall and a window sill.

Category contractors, drywall, garage doors, handyman service, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Pro Painters

Pro Painters provides full-service commercial and residential painting in Watertown, CT and the surrounding areas. Family owned and vastly experienced we provide a full range of services that improves the interior and exterior look of your home, or business

Star Painters, LLC

Star Painters LLC is a Painting service company in operation since 2005 in the Connecticut. Our areas of expertise is interior and exterior painting. When you work with Star Painters Contractors, you can trust that the job will be done right, the first time, every time. You will see the same crew and foreman throughout the project, and they’ll know your specifications start to finish. The job is not complete until you the customer are completely satisfied. Our crews are friendly, prompt and reliable. Our professional work will take years off the age of your home or business.

Offers by Star Painters, LLC on Angi
    DNF Painting

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

Check, Visa, PayPal

Installation and repair of Windows. Doors. Siding. Roofing. Decks. Flooring. Bathroom. Kitchen & basement remodels. Sheet rock. Trim work. Crown moldings. Repair work of all types. Custom carpentry.

Masonry, Landscaping, Hole house painting, Rug flooring.