Better Homes Siding & Improvements LLC

Founded 1985 • With Angi since July 2006

Expert design with a soft touch. At Better Homes Siding & Improvements, LLC we specialize in installing state-of-the-art insulated siding, windows, roofing and other home improvements. With more than 30 years of experience in the business, you can trust that when you choose Better Homes Siding & Improvements you are choosing nothing but the best for your home improvement project. Our team of experienced professionals take pride in their work, and from concept to completion we will ensure that your needs are met every step of the way. Financing is available both secured and unsecured. Some programs are available to consolidate bills along with the work to be done to the property, with little or no money down. At no cost to you, we'll send a sales representative to your home and show samples of many different styles and colors of products. We offer our services to Central Connecticut. Give us a call at 860-305-5003 and set up your free consultation today!...

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated

A Service Provider's profile image

+114 more images

4.3

siding companies (16)gutter repair (11)window replacement (10)door installation (4)garage doors (4)roofing (2)woodworking (1)masonry (1)

05/06/2019

Linda S.

They did exactly as I asked bringing my vision in my mind to life. They also did other things to keep the home classic yet add some beautiful finishing touches. Wonderful work and to deal with.

Description of Work
My 1900 home was in need of siding, a new front porch and a facelift.

Category roofing, siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

Review for Better Homes Siding & Improvements LLC - 72 Carson Ave, Wethersfield, CT - 37860900

04/11/2019

Sean L.

The job went very well and the work was excellent and the new front door looks amazing looks like a brand new house from the outside

Description of Work
Removing old siding and replaced with vinyl siding and new gutters and front door replaced

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

Thank you for your review it was a pleasure working for you. Mary Lou

03/22/2019

Shelley J.

Delay in instillation was worrisome. Installers were very considerate . Mary Lou was very helpful from start til finish. As the snow clears we discovered many nails siding pieces etc that required additional work on our part.

Description of Work
Siding and gutters

Work Completed On 03/22/2019

Review for Better Homes Siding & Improvements LLC - 72 Carson Ave, Wethersfield, CT - 37776944

The customer was told when snow clearers if more clean up was need to call the dumpster still has not been removed for that purpose. They will be called to see what else needs to be done thank you for your review.

12/30/2018

Sue F.

It was a slow start. We paid the deposit in September and didn't get the work done until December. The guys that did the siding did a really good job. No more signs of squirrel damage! The gutters needed to have some screws and caulk removed that had been done on a previous job to try and stop the leaking. This was done and the new gutters were put up all in one day. We are very pleased with the new gutters and haven't experienced any leaks so far.

Description of Work
We had two issues we needed to be worked on. We had some damage to our siding from squirrels around the garage door and needed to have 4 pieces of siding replaced. We also were having problems with the drip edge on our gutters and decided to have the gutters replaced.

Work Completed On 12/12/2018

11/04/2018

Michele C.

never called back with estimate

Description of Work
fix siding

Work Completed On 11/04/2018

When did you request a repair? We don't show you as a customer of ours. I'm sorry, but we only do repairs for our customers that we have previously done work for. Please respond. Thank you. Mary Lou

10/23/2018

Francis F.

Mary Lou, of Better Homes was always there to make sure the job was going as planned. She not only called, but also came on site numerous times. Her attention to detail was something rarely seen today. I would not hesitate to recommend her business for any home improvement projects. I rated B on punctuality because of the late start, however taking into consideration the number of rainy days I can understand why her schedule was delayed. In spite of that it is rare to find a contractor so personally invested in being sure, I as a customer, was completed satisfied with the work done. Excellent work and effort.

Description of Work
New siding on my home

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

10/16/2018

Elaine P.

We had the most pleasant experience working with Mary Lou, the owner and Ken Pelletier, the contractor. Mary Lou checked in regularly by phone or visit to make sure we were happy with how the job was being done. Ken and his co-worker were the hardest working people that we have ever had work on any of our houses in 40 years of home ownership. A true respect for their workmanship that you do not see all the time. We would without reservation hire Mary Lou's company again.

Description of Work
Entire house stripped of cedar shingles, replaced with vinyl shingles, siding, stone on part of the front and gutters and trim

Category gutter repair, masonry, siding

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

12/26/2017

Jackie J.

He did a good job, i have additional job and he did it for a fair price. he was conscientious & he did a great job. I would hire him again if i need to. Knowledgeable, and easy to work with

Description of Work
General Contractor - Windows / Doors

Work Completed On 12/26/2017

11/24/2017

Nancy P.

After interviewing many, many contractors over the years to have our house practically redone with windows being replaced, siding, new gutters, down sprouts and some carpentry work that needed to be done, we settled on hiring Better Homes Siding and Improvements. We actually sat with Mary Lou maybe 3 - 4 years ago and for some reason, her company made a huge lasting impression on us because we had remembered her when it was time to hire someone. Her professionalism, kindness, but mostly her honesty gave her this job. At first, we will omit it was scary as the start of the job was constantly being pushed out. At first, it was a new garage door that was put in but then we had to wait maybe another 2 months for the new hatchway. After that installation, we thought the windows and siding would continue but it did not for many months after. So, we started to second guess ourselves because it was approximately 10 months from the date that we signed the contract to completion but our patience paid off. So, the only negative I can say is that it just seemed to take forever to get the job completed but, it was a huge job with 54 windows that needed custom sizing, wrapping the home, siding, gutters, garage door, and hatchway along with carpentry to the home to give it a special touch. The crew has fantastic, creative workmanship and took the neighbors into consideration by making sure their ideas were fitted into the neighborhood. Your neighbors will end up loving you! The positive....we would do it all over again! Once the windows started, everything else followed in a very organized way. Her crew is phenomenal and Mary Lou's professionalism and customer service is something you don't find anymore in this crazy world. The crew was quiet, hard working, honest, showed up every day and was able to answer any questions that we had as the job was being done. They did so many extra things that was so appreciated and cleaned up their mess every day. Even though the job seem to take forever to finish, it was well worth it. The job came out absolutely beautiful and if something did not look right to us, they were right out fixing it to our satisfaction. They do whatever they have to so they can please their customer. Everyone who has visited our home has remarked on how beautiful the house looks. Our neighbors sure are happy and thrilled as their work has brought up the value on their homes. We recommend Mary Lou and her fantastic crew for their knowledge, honesty, trustworthy, excellent customer service, skilled trades and caring. We wouldn't go with anyone else and neither should you after this review. You won't be sorry.

Description of Work
Siding, gutters, hatchway, garage door and 54 windows

Category garage doors, gutter repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/10/2017

11/21/2017

Andrew T.

Fantastic, all workers were easy to deal with and very professional. Really high quality materials. Truly a pleasurable experience. Thank you so much Marylou for a A+ job.

Description of Work
Vynil siding Gutters Garage doors Sliding patio doors and window

Category garage doors, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 11/21/2017

11/15/2017

Dianne G.

Ken and his crew from Better Homes Siding & Improvements just finished a large vinyl siding job for us. We couldn’t be more pleased with the knowledgeable staff, professional workmanship, friendly crew and quality of the products used. After interviewing 4 different vinyl siding contractors it was obvious from the start we chose the right company. All the “little extras” and attention to details they provided made for excellent results. We are happy to tell everyone this was a great decision and we’re delighted to have chosen Better Homes and Siding for our home.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

Review for Better Homes Siding & Improvements LLC - 72 Carson Ave, Wethersfield, CT - 36574596

09/26/2016

Ronald C.

I am including a lot of detail here which may help people like myself to know what to expect on a project of this scope. I had no idea what would take place, so I?m sharing what I learned. This is no guarantee that other people will experience what I did, however, I was very pleased with my outcome. I?m the original home owner of this house. As a result, I was aware of the areas that were in need of special attention and repairs. I?m always skeptical when working with someone new, but Mary Lou (Better Homes Siding) quickly made a believer out of me. We signed a contract a few days before Labor Day and work started the first work day of January. This project started about 5 weeks later than estimated but it went from zero activity to full speed ahead within a day. After the estimated start date was missed, I checked in with Mary Lou every couple of weeks to see where we stood. My patience was well rewarded. The first day the crew showed up, they setup their ladders and scaffolding in the morning and were hard at work by the afternoon. The dumpster also showed up that first morning. Some materials were delivered a few days before the crew showed up and the remainder during the first couple of days after the crew arrived. I had a large, complicated job that involved new windows, new siding, new soffits, and new rain gutters. First, the old simulated stucco siding was removed and the house wrapped in a Tyvek air and moisture barrier. Next, 25 windows were removed and replaced with Harvey windows in one day. The following day the new windows were sealed and trimmed on the inside and insulated on the outside. The task to install the new vinyl siding included new utility vents, new attic vents, and trim that was aluminum wrap around the window frames, door frames, fascia boards, and rake boards. There were sections of the house where there was some water damage to the wood behind the old siding as well as damage to some rake boards. All these damaged areas were repaired in a manner that more than met my expectations. Wood repairs to the custom made bay windows were better than the original construction. The new seamless rain gutters were installed in half a day at the end of this project. I was impressed with Mary Lou?s material management. Two very large pallets of material (16 feet long), one average pallet of material, and 25 windows were delivered in a timely manner before they were needed. There were no work delays due to lack of materials. This job was done during the winter, so there were plenty of bad weather days where no work could be done. The crew completed this project in 32 work days spread across 2 calendar months. Some were short work days due to snow or rain. Even normal work days were shortened due to lack of daylight. Mary Lou stopped by the house on a regular basis to check on progress and to make sure I had no issues. No two crews work the same so it would be up to Mary Lou to monitor each crew to guarantee consistently good results. I also checked over each day?s work to make sure I was happy and had corrections made as needed. I was a little concerned about the payment schedule where the final payment is due the day the job is done. Some other contractors I interviewed allowed 10% to be withheld at the end until I was satisfied. However, Mary Lou did not pull her crew until I was happy with everything, so the payment schedule wasn?t an issue. I?m very pleased with the results and the attention to detail by the crew I had.

Description of Work
I had a large, complicated job that involved removing old simulated stucco siding, replacing underlying wood and rakes damaged by water, new windows, new siding, new soffits, and new rain gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 02/27/2016

09/02/2016

Bill B.

Mary Lou and her team did a great job. The job went great and the people were the best ever.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door and also a deck door

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 10/20/2015

08/10/2016

harv R.

fantastic job by the contractor and workers: all associated aspects of the job went well, from delivery of a dumpster, thru taking off all of the old wood siding, house wrapping, placement of new siding, gutters, and finishing touches. the crew was thorough and fast, even in the mid-summer heat. could not have asked for a better job and the house looks beautiful!

Description of Work
new siding

Work Completed On 08/10/2016

01/06/2016

Judith K.

After a delayed start, things went pretty smoothly with short delays for weather and the holidays. The workers were efficient, professional, and courteous. They addressed all my requests and concerns quickly.

Description of Work
The company stripped wooden siding from the house and replaced it with vinyl siding, replaced the front doors, and replaced the gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding, doors

Work Completed On 12/01/2015

01/02/2014

Bernard A.

All work was professionally done within a reasonable time frame.

Description of Work
Better Homes replaced my roof, 12 Windows including a picture window, a garage door, 4 doors, and vinyl siding.

Category garage doors, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 12/17/2013

01/01/2014

Mary Jane T.

The service was delivered months behind the promised date, Mary Lou was very difficult to deal with. There were some follow up issues, such as trim that loosened from the side of the house, that despite multiple follow up phone calls were never addressed. The quality of the work was poor, I would never recommend them to anyone or ever use them again.

Description of Work
Put siding on my home

Work Completed On 05/01/2010

Thank you for your review we understand your expectations were not met .We strive to try and make all of our customers satisfied. We take pride in our work and take every experience as a way to benefit and service our future clients.

11/06/2013

Leonard U.

The salesperson (owner?) was knowledgeable and gave us a good quality, competitive, quote. However, the subcontractor used for installation did not maintain the same level of proficiency. For the most part, the installation quality is satisfactory. There are some details that weren't done correctly (e.g. exterior light mounts). A few siding strips were not fully secured, necessitating a call-back. Also, they did not procure the correct trim pieces initially, which delayed the project a few days. For the premium price, we expected premium service. That expectation was not met. Overall, we have a neutral recommendation on the company. Our caution is prmarily related to the installation sub-contractor.

Description of Work
Procure and install premium polymer siding on main house and detached garage.

Work Completed On 08/15/2011

01/25/2013

Delores C.

They were reasonable. They were impeccable. They actually came back out a month later to inspect and make sure everything was installed correctly. I would highly recommend them. They even fixed some of the moulding around the windows so everything would look good, at no extra charge. They went above and beyond.

Description of Work
We hired them for siding, windows, and gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/17/2010

08/19/2011

Mary Jane T.

Their communication and follow-up is terrible.

Description of Work
They put in new vinyl siding, ridge vents, 16 faucets, and gutters. I gave them a 60% deposit upfront in November. They were supposed to start in January, but due to a severe winter the project did not get started until April. The communication during the delay was poor. I had to contact them to check in when the work would be done. They finally started the work in April and finished at the end of April early May. When I walked around to view the work everything appeared to be in order. Later on we found an issue with the paneling on the door and some of the corners. I contacted their representative Mary Lou who sent someone out to fix the work. Since then I have found that our mailbox is crooked and loose, as well as, the seams on the corners of the house do not meet correctly. I have called three times to get it fixed and I have yet to hear back from them.

Work Completed On 05/02/2011

07/07/2006

SHIRLEY F.

THEY DID NOT SCRATCH ANY OF MY WALLS OR RUIN ANY OF MY CARPET IN MY HOME. WE THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE A MESS LEFT WHEN THEY WERE DONE, BUT THEY DID A GOOD JOB OF CLEANING UP AFTER THEMSELVES.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED TWELVE INSULATED WINDOWS IN MY HOME.

07/07/2006

WHILE THEY WERE AT OUR HOME THEY WERE VERY FRIENDLY TO MY FAMILY. I WAS QUITE PLEASED WITH THE FACT THAT THEY SHOWED UP TO MY HOUSE ON TIME. ALL OF THEIR MESSES WERE CLEANED UP WHEN THE WORK WAS DONE.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED ELEVEN WINDOWS IN MY HOME.