Weston Arborists

Founded 1972 • With Angi since July 2010

PO Box 1056

Weston, CT 06883

Full range of plant health care programs. Professional staff knowledgeable in the most up to date care of lawns, shrubs and trees. Our technicians are experienced in all areas of plant health. 40 years in business. Owner operated. We work all year round....

08/23/2019

Melinda D.

Pricing is okay. They are really good. They know what they're doing. I do like them.

Description of Work
They spray. Been using them on and off and they trim my trees.

10/20/2016

Daniel K.

After Chris came out and did a very thorough job of selling us on his company's service, we gave the go ahead for the work. 4 weeks later, no call, no emails, nothing. I called Chris 3 times and didn't get a call back. Eventually the owner called me back, and he was apologetic, but by then I was done with this company.

Description of Work
Tree feeding and trimming.

10/03/2016

George W C.

They are very good. They treat trees that have diseases, and all. We use them as an tree service for unhealthy trees. We have had tree that didn't look very well, and they analyzed and sprayed them. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Treat trees. that are unhealthy.

10/03/2016

George W C.

Used for trees that didn't look well.

Description of Work
Treated trees.

06/23/2016

Robert C.

Description of Work
Pruned trees

06/20/2016

John M.

Weston Arborists was terrific; from my first meeting with Chris regarding our old Japanese Maple to my husband's meeting with him to take down a bunch of "junk" trees, everything was carefully explained to us and the cost was more than reasonable. To top it off the tree removal crew was awesome; I have never seen a crew work that hard and after they cleaned up, you'd never know that we had anything done...our yard was actually cleaner than it was when they got there. We are definitely planning to hire them again in the fall.

Description of Work
Fed and sprayed a mature Japanese Maple; took down 6 trees.

03/17/2016

Tyler R.

11/20/2015

Keith B.

The service itself was very good. They came on time, did the job exactly as described, and cleaned up very thoroughly. The only issue I had was the initial contact. From the time between sending the signed estimate back to the sales rep to actually scheduling the service took about 3 weeks. Only after multiple emails to the sales rep (who never responded), followed by an email to the owner stating that I would be using a different provider did I get my service scheduled. Had the price not been so competitive, I still would have gone with someone else.

Description of Work
Remove deadwood from a large sugar maple + pruned a japanese maple

10/26/2015

James O.

I've priced out a number of arborists and they have the best price. They do good work and are on time. They also explain how they plan on handling the service and will answer questions relating to other lawn care-type questions. I have used them multiple times now and will go back to them in the future.

Description of Work
Tree Removal

08/20/2015

Eric P.

Both times, crews were on time, friendly. Work was explained to me clearly. They were very clean and took care of everything that was expected. Very happy!

Description of Work
Had tree work done earlier this year, took out dead trees that were leaning close to the house. Took all day, work was done very well, safely and cleanly. Crew were polite and professional. Had some stumps grinded down today in front of the house from some things that I removed. Again, another very nice experience.

06/03/2015

Debbie B.

They come out and discuss and we agree on a plan at the beginning of the season. I like that past of it is a regular visit to look around and fix any problems that are seen. My only negative is that I have serious deer problems - they even eat what's supposedly poisonous to them - and they didn't spray for that until pretty late in the game,

Description of Work
We have a seasonal plan. The last visit was a fungus treatment for some of my trees.

04/26/2015

Steven K.

We have used Weston Arborists to care for our trees and shrubs for many years. Their routine preventive work (e.g. spraying) as well as special needs work (e.g. tree removal) has always been excellent. They do quality work and are reliable, professional and their fees are reasonable.

Description of Work
tree and shrub care

11/07/2014

Geoff B.

I was having Weston Arborists handle tree & shrub care, lawn maintenance, and snow plowing. While the work was usually fine, they did damage this last winter to a fence and garage door. But, even worse, it took several dozen (literally) phone calls and emails to try to get them to address some dangling limbs and other one-time work. After back-and-forth laster over a year (even though they were here regularly for lawn and shrub maintenance), I finally got them to show up. I've since given up on using their services any more and moved on to far superior providers for everything.

Description of Work
Tree & shrub care, lawn maintenance, snow plowing.

10/23/2014

Katie V.

Description of Work
Pruned and removed trees.

10/23/2014

Jonathan D.

Category lawn treatment

11/05/2012

Andrew W.

Very professional work. Nice group of guys. The price was very reasonable especially given the number of days the crew was on site and their willingness to chip and remove additional brush from the site (that I dragged out of the woods). Quality rating took a minor hit as some of the "collateral" damage to adjacent trees was left unaddressed. For me this was no problem as I am capable of dealing with this myself, and i think the job ended up being larger than Weston thought it was going to be (partially due to the brush, although this was minimal). Overall had a team of 3-6 workers on site for 5 days. Would certainly use these guys again.

Description of Work
Removal of 51 mature trees and disposal of most of them (left some for firewood). Did not have stumps removed.

09/23/2012

paul L.

The always show on time (they call the day before if they are putting treatments on the lawn to let you know to keep kids/pets off). All work has been professional and the yard is left clean and tidy.

Description of Work
We have used Weston Arborists for a long time for various projects. They have a tree expert who will honestly evaluate what trimming needs to be done to help the health of your trees. When we lost a tree in the 2011 storm, which fell on the house, the were there the next day removing it. They take care of their regular customers! We use them for tick treatment and other tree treatments (not lawn fertilizing). Always responsive, always courteous. You can't go wrong.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

07/31/2011

Barry G.

After signing a contract at the start of the year they consistently apply tick control as planned. Weston Gardens recommended them 3 years ago.

Description of Work
Tick spray.

08/25/2010

Sarah K.

I had called 4 other Tree services before I called Weston Arborists, 3 did call back 1 came out to examine the trees but never returned my calls to give me anestimate. Weston Arborists called back within an hour of me calling & arrive on time to look at my trees and sent me an estimate when promised.

Description of Work
Cut down & chipped dying tree Trimmed & airrated roots to another tree cleaned up from both chipping & triming

01/26/2006

MICA J.

IT'S A LOCAL COMPANY. I THINK PEOPLE IN TOWN ARE QUITE HAPPY. THE OWNER IS VERY NICE. THEY WERE RESPONSIVE & PUNCTUAL IN THE SERVICES THAT I NEEDED DONE.

Description of Work
THEY TREAT OUR TREES & HAVE REMOVED SOME OF THEM.

LD General Tree Care

Professional Tree Care at affordable prices. Call us today!

GREENLEAF SERVICES LLC

We at Greenleaf Services, LLC believe that trees and shrubs are one of the most important assets on your property (as well as on this planet). As professional arborists and horticulturists we are dedicated to plant care to preserve their safety, beauty and integrity for many generations to come. With this as our mission, our tree care professionals have been increasing the value of homes in lower Fairfield County since 1993.

Northeast Horticultural Services

Northeast Horticultural Services are proud of our commitment in providing customers with professional advice and reliable service in the areas of plant and tree health care, landscape architecture and organic services. Specializing in the acquisition of unique specimen trees and large tree planting, Northeast Horticultural Services are experts in plant choice and placement to visually enhance your property's aesthetic appearance and add to your property's value. MBE Certified.

Satisfaction

Landscaping, lawn and yard work, tree care, lawn fertilization & treatment. Tree removal. Stump grinding. Tick controls. Ornamental trimming. Shrub trimming.

Leaf removal, grass cutting