Seaview Custom Homes LLC

Founded 1980 • With Angi since October 2009

308 Pettipaug Rd

Westbrook, CT 06498

Quality roofing, siding and general contracting at competitive prices. At Seaview Custom Homes, LLC, we offer a wide range of renovation services designed to enhance your property. From installing wood and vinyl siding to all-new decks and patios, we do it all. Additionally, we offer convenient

08/09/2019

John N.

It went very smooth and they showed up ahead schedule and finished on time.

Description of Work
They replaced the roof.

Thank you so much for the nice review. It was wonderful working with you on your project.

01/08/2018

Megan M.

Seaview was great to deal with - prompt, thorough and professional. I would definitely hire Seaview again in the future.

Description of Work
I need an evaluation of my roof and some roof repairs completed.

12/18/2017

James G.

Very pleased with the work that was performed. Gene and his crew were wonderful. They were friendly and professional. They even were so proud of their work that they wanted me to see some of the things that they had accomplished.

Description of Work
Tear down old roof. Install new roof,new copper flashing and copper roof over bay wndow,cut in New ridge vents. Also repaired rotten soffit on house caused by deck. Installed cedar siding on three dormers.

Category roofing, siding, deck cleaning, doors

12/15/2017

Rhoda S.

They keep telling me how they “ will be getting to it”.

Description of Work
Just needed a piece of aluminum siding re attached.

10/15/2017

sean C.

great very proffessional and knowledgeable

Description of Work
repair cracks and leaks on roof

09/20/2017

Nicholas A.

Work was completed promptly and generally well done. Had a couple issues that prevented this from being a great transaction. First, a bunch on the epoxy used on the yankee gutters dripped onto my deck and grill cover and appears to be pretty stuck. Not a huge deal, but seems easily avoidable. The second, and bigger, issue was that I had a few follow-up questions and Angela replied to my first email saying she'd send the info the next day, a week later I had nothing and after sending follow-up emails/messages weekly for 3 weeks I gave up. This was unfortunate, as it appears that the work done roof/yankee gutters was done quite well and the price was reasonable, but I'm left a bit annoyed with the overall project and unsure if I'd use this company again.

Description of Work
Stripped and replaced main roof and eves/porch roof surfaces. Also refurbished yankee gutters with epoxy product.

08/16/2017

Philip G.

Gave a very reasonable and competitive price. They were able to come a few days earlier than they first stated. They finished all the work they said they would do in a day and cleaned up. I did the work because of a leak in the roof. So far I have yet to see any water come in where it was from before. Unfortunately the person who picks up the dumpster they were using was sick and unable to get it for a couple of days.

Description of Work
Replace roof over my garage.

Thank you for choosing us to work on your roof project.

06/21/2017

Michael M.

They did a great job, on time and on budget

Description of Work
Tear off and install new roof

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you. I look forward to working with you on your next project.

06/05/2017

Rami R.

Well...I paid money for roof inspection...whenever I call them they say they don't have the discount number.So got NO services for the money I paid

Description of Work

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We would be happy to provide a roof inspection. As I explained to you, I need some kind of documentation that you purchased this service from Angie's list from you. I have not received a payment or a confirmation of purchase. When we do a roof inspection, it cost's our company quite a bit more than the $49.00, which is what we would receive from Angie's list. We do them to market our company and gain business in the future, certainly not for a bad review. Surely you can't expect us to travel to your home and back, and do a roof inspection/repair which generally takes a few hours for no recompense? I would certainly not ask you to perform a service without payment. The only think I need is a copy of your purchase, or a copy of the credit card charge which would show the date. At that point I would have the information that I need to contact my rep and get this sorted out. Thank You, Angela Cole (860) 857-7600

10/09/2016

Stephen R.

After I purchased this coupon, it was at least a week before I was contacted to schedule an appointment. When they called they gave me some reason for getting confused about whether or not they had already completed my services, but I wasn't too concerned. They told me they would contact me later that day with a fixed date. I didn't hear from them for another week, so I called back and they told me they were going to call me that day. Either way, we scheduled a time for an appointment. They arrived on time which was nice. They took a look at my roof which I knew to be a new roof. I wasn't expecting any work to be needed, but I was happy to pay $99 to have a professional come in to take a look and give me peace of mind. What I wasn't expecting was a sales pitch for almost ~$2,000 worth of services. They tried to sell me an improved venting system and completely replaced flashing. I thought the pitch seemed a little over the top so I did what I wish I had done from the start. I contacted my real estate agent for a referral for a roof guy to come out and give me a second opinion. Sure enough, he found nothing wrong, and told me I had a brand new roof. He said the improved venting could be accomplished by simply expanding the existing vents for significantly cheaper than installing an entirely new system (but he didn't even recommend doing that), and that there was nothing wrong with my flashing. So needless to say, I won't be trusting these guys to do work for me in the future.

Description of Work
I needed a routine check of the roof as I have never had it inspected in the three years since I moved in.

02/24/2016

Robert B.

I had noticed some shingles on the ground as a result of a recent storm. I made a small pile of them and arranged to have them come to my home for repairs. It turned out the roof was in really bad shape. It was a cheapo roof and was about 15 years old and had storm damage. I agreed that it was going to be the best option. He took photos and provided me with everything I needed to file a claim with my insurance adjuster. I paid nearly nothing out of pocket and now have a much better shingle, better underlayment, and it's been two years since the installation and I haven't had a single issue whatsoever. I would highly recommend them for any roof repairs or replacements.

Description of Work
He replaced the entire roof.

09/21/2015

Bryce P.

They were wonderful from top to bottom. It was amazing how neat they were, too. No nails, no bits. Everything was so clean and thoroughly done. I was just so impressed with everything from price, to professionalism to craftsmanship.

Description of Work
They did a new roof for me.

08/03/2015

Gil L.

We think the work quality was excellent. Large crew so the work went quickly. Cleaned up thoroughly. Attentive and thorough. Price changed during job and was a bit higher than quoted or expected. Overall, good experience.

Description of Work
Repaired siding, roofing and flashing of porch roof

07/31/2015

Justin W.

They were willing to work with my rather difficult schedule to come out and perform the work. Gene came out and patched a few places on the roof where it had active leaks, including a few places that were a bit tricky to repair. He also gave very helpful information about how to plan for future maintenance on the roof. I would highly recommend and consider using for re-roofing.

Description of Work
I purchased the roof maintenance package, so Gene performed minor maintenance and surveyed the roof. He also gave information about the roof and how to plan for its future maintenance.

07/26/2015

Penelope F.

Gene knew what he was doing. His experience and capability showed in his assessment. His reviews included several people I know whose roofs he has done. I will contact them but I feel confident he is experienced and he and his team would supply good workmanship.

Description of Work
Assessed in full the condition of the roof, took detailed photographs, explained in convincing detail what the situation was, offered timelines and several different remedies, provided a long list of references, helped make an appropriate plan for remediation,

07/25/2015

Yiqun M.

This service provider arrived on time. He took the time to fill the cracks and holes on the roof, and nailed down the lifted shingles and ridge cap. He also helped to fixed the gutter which was damaged from the past ice dam. After the repair he showed the pictures of the work done and a nice printout of details later. He was very knowledgeable and explained to me what the condition and history of my roof was, which he found out during his repair. He also explained to me the process of roof replacement but not pushy at all. Overall it was very nice experience from this company.

Description of Work
Roof maintenance

Category concrete repair, roofing, roof snow removal

07/15/2015

AnnaMaria M.

He was very knowledgeable and informative. He did a great job. I give this service provider an A! He was not pushy, which was very nice.

Description of Work
This service provider performed a roof inspection package. He went up there and filled in cracks along areas where there were loose connections with shingles. He also gave me information about roof replacement.

06/15/2015

Heather G.

They did the roof in two days, starting at 7:00 a.m. and not finishing until dark. Clean up was very good. The roofers were courteous, and fairly unobtrusive, considering.

Description of Work
Replaced roof in first step of major remodel.

05/07/2015

Justin W.

Scheduling the time for the service went well. The contractor was nice and got straight to looking at the roof after a very brief discussion. The only complaint I have is that he didn't really do any actual maintenance to the roof. We bought the package because we had two spots where shingles were slightly raised and we simply wanted them nailed back down, which he said he did for one of them, but he even pointed out to me that it didn't really do anything. The other was apparently out of reach. Since the time of service, those shingles have broken away because they were not secured. I'm not unreasonable. I realize that the maintenance package provides very minimal maintenance, but I would assume that securing two spots where shingles were raised would be included. So I guess a summary is that we purchased something called a "roof maintenance" package and really received a "roof evaluation" one, as he did offer an overall evaluation of the roof, which he went over with me.

Description of Work
We purchased the roof maintenance package.

05/06/2015

Kimberly M.

My in-laws roof was leaking and, despite multiple contractors looking at it and attempting repairs, it still leaked. It was very frustrating for us being 2000 miles away. Seaview Custom Homes ran a Big Deal for roof inspection and maintenance and, based on many positive reviews, I bought it. I included a note to the company to please schedule the service directly with my mother-in-law, which they acknowledged and said they would do. After waiting about two weeks to be contacted, she called them, that's my only complaint, but perhaps there was a miscommunication. After she called, everyone was courteous and professional. The gentleman who went out to their house was very good, he inspected the roof, pinpointed the problem, and fixed it. While he was there, he helped them set a plan for future repairs or replacement (1-5 years). Six months and a very snowy Winter since, it's still dry inside.

Description of Work
Inspected roof and repaired leak.

04/19/2015

Virendra S.

Gene called me to schedule an appointment and also called me again to let me know the exact time he would be arriving at my place. Gene asked me if there are any problems with the roof he should know. I explained him about the shingles popping out at few places and asked him to look for any other issues that needs immediate attention. Gene went up and fixed all the popping nails and also did the caulking around the shower exhaust. He also took pictures of various areas on the roof where he did his work. Once he was done, he gave a written report of what he did. Overall, my experience has been very positive. Gene is a true professional and we will certainly call him again if we run into any roofing issues in the future or need a new roof. It's always great to work with someone who takes their work seriously and executes their work in a professional and timely manner.

Description of Work
Fix popping nails around shingles on the roof of my house. Caulk cracks found around the shower exhaust on the roof. Provide an estimate on the remaining life of the roof.

04/08/2015

Sandra L.

Gene identified some issues that need to be addressed. He submitted a proposal including a start date. We replied with a request to modify both the work and the start date. Despite multiple requests, the company never got back to us, so we are looking for a another contractor. I definitely WOULD NOT recommend this contractor for anything other than the $99 roof maintenance package.

Description of Work
Gene walked the roof, inspected it, and took care of the protruding nails. Everything was fine at that point. It was afterwards that the problems occurred. See below.

03/17/2015

Mark R.

From the minute we met Gene we were convinced the job would be done first class and we were not disappointed. He personally inspected the roof and gave us a fair and prompt estimate. His crew started the job about a week after our estimate and took about 7 days because it was the largest residential job they had ever done... so most other jobs would likely not take that long... or be as costly. They were extremely sensitive to our privacy and cleaned up immaculately everyday. They worked non stop through the weekend to get the job done with no additional charge. They discovered and corrected several problems with the previous roof installation. Workers were very courteous and worked tirelessly through extremely hot climate conditions. Highly recommend this company.. first class work!

Description of Work
Seaview replaced our entire roof which has many different pitches.

[Member name removed], Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you on your roof project and look forward to working with you on any future projects you might have. Sincerely, Angela Cole

03/09/2015

Michael M.

I was very pleased with the results. Gene uses a steam generator to create steam to remove the ice dams. Some service providers that remove ice dams do not use steam and because of that can damage roofs. Afterwards, he used his steam machine to melt accumulated ice on my sidewalk and driveway. He came the same day that I called him. He required an electrical outlet and a connection to an outside water faucet to provide the water for the steam generator.

Description of Work
Five hours of work to remove ice dams and snow from my home and garage roof using steam.

Category roof snow removal

12/23/2014

Latesha B.

It went really well. The job was completed successfully and the worker was very professional.

Description of Work
fix fire place flashing