PK Windows LLC

Founded 1985 • With Angi since November 2006

PO Box 271030 30 Four Mile Rd.

West Hartford, CT 06127

Additional DBAs - Paul K O'Doherty Window Co, P K Associates....

10/11/2017

Beth R.

Paul was very professional and was able to meet with us in early morning due to a difficult work schedule. His team was equally professional and worked together well; it was clear that he had had these guys working for him for a while. The new windows look great and they are obviously a lot more energy-efficient as well. I would happily hire PK Windows again.

Description of Work
Replace a 40-year old bay window and a similar-aged grouping of three single-hung windows, plus a minor repair on outdoor sill of a newer sliding window. Paul's team even did a last-minute replacement of two pieces of damaged siding that I found holes in the week before the window installation. Above & beyond the call.

Category siding, replacement windows

05/17/2017

Amy M.

Smooth, very smooth. Neat work. Nice crew.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows in home.

04/26/2017

Mick M.

Great crew. Neat and very polite. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Received 13 new windows!

11/13/2016

Amy M.

From the moment we met Paul we were sold. He is one of the nicest guys you could ever work with, and his prices are very fair. Having Paul and his crew here is like having company... Well company that works very hard. They came in and after a quick assessment got to work. They divided and conquered, each person just taking on a task, whether it was removing, prepping, installing, finishing, cleaning, painting...you name it! We are very satisfied in how neat and tidy our windows look, and definitely notice the difference in the upgrade. Our current vinyl windows were 15+ years old, some were cracked, fogged up or they just weren't performing up to par. Now we feel well insulated, we can see out clearly and they look great all around the edges!!

Description of Work
Remove old vinyl window in 13 windows Installed 13 Vinyl Replacement Windows

10/17/2016

Gene P.

Good, Did not go with PK Windows. There cost was a little High. I found another Vendor on Angie's List too put the same Harvey Windows in for one Thousand Less.

Description of Work
Windows, six basement and three Bed room.

Category contractors, replacement windows

12/08/2015

Stephen K.

they were very professional, showed up on time, cleaned up. no complaints

Description of Work
replace windows

06/06/2015

Eric K.

The world needs a lot more companies/contractors like Paul and PK Windows to do business with. Paul came out and reviewed the situation with my windows. After a few minutes, basically told me I didn't need to replace the windows and simply needed to get some replacement parts and a little elbow grease/patience to remove some corroded parts, etc. (turned out to be a bit more work than I anticipated, but still got it done over a couple weeks with only a few bumps in the road). He was even nice enough to take some time to show me exactly how to do this by taking apart one of my other working windows so I knew exactly what needed to be done to repair the others. He even gave me a couple other maintenance tips to hopefully get another 10+ years out of them. Keep in mind, all of this done as part of a "come out and give me an estimate" type call. He probably spent a half hour or so giving me the info/confidence, etc I need to save myself thousands. I had other folks out who never even mentioned this as an option. So when that day comes that I do *actually* need to replace them, my first call is going to be to PK.

Description of Work
I had PK Windows out to look at 3-4 windows which I felt were needing replacement or at least repair. Paul looked at them, pointed out a few tips for how I could save/repair them (at no cost) and I figure saved me between $2500 (to repair just the broken ones) or $10K+ (if I replaced them all which I was bracing myself for) based on a rough quote from him and what another contractor had quoted me (funny, no mention of "just repair them" there...)

12/09/2014

Ana S.

They were here when they said they would and finished in a timely manner. One of my plants was stepped on but they offered to replace it. It grew again so I didn't ask them to do so. I found a rotted window sill the day after they left and they offered to replace it at no extra cost which was great, though it took a little longer than I hoped for. I changed 22/29 windows in my home. They were thorough, professional and they are lead safe certified. I will use them again in the future for the remaining windows. They were great to deal with.

Description of Work
Installed Harvey windows

Category replacement windows, woodworking

05/13/2014

Ryan D.

Seems like a good company that does a good job. I just happened to find someone a little bit cheaper offering similar quality.

Description of Work
I got a quote for replacing all the windows in the house. Paul (owner) came to my house and offered 2 different brands around similar prices.

01/10/2014

Martha R.

While a December install depends somewhat upon luck as far as the weather goes, the install was done in a timely fashion. We couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Description of Work
I knew Paul slightly from Church, where he was active in youth ministry. I attended his adult education class in Glastonbury. When you know a person's character, as I did, there is no need to collect multiple bids. You know that he will give you a fair price and do an excellent job, which is exactly what transpired. The crew was very thorough, polite and conscientious. They cleaned up everything after replacing all of our windows. Paul bent over backward to please my hard-to-please engineer husband, and with humor and courtesy always.

01/10/2014

Martha R.

Paul and his crew have integrity and the skills to perform any carpentry job exactly to your specifications. Because I knew him to be a person of his word, I did not seek other bids as I knew we would have a quality project completed flawlessly at a good price, which it was. There were some weather delays, this being a December install, but the whole job was finished right after New Year's Eve from a December 13th start. Gary and his crew were focused and diligent in their work, and kept us informed throughout. He even brought my husband some venison --what a perk! All in all a delightful experience with a dedicated crew.

Description of Work
We had used PK Window LLC to replace all of the windows in the house, and then decided to have the company install siding and shutters on the house as well. The sliding glass door was included in this second contract.

Category contractors, siding, replacement windows, doors

04/21/2013

LEO C.

I originally wanted to get a price on replacing 4 windows that had some rot around the sills and frames. Paul came when he said he would and while he was here I asked for a price for replacing all the windows. He gave me precise itemized estimates. He had the windows delivered one day and came the next day with his sister and two of his sons. They were all polite and friendly and they worked diligently all day and into the dark to finish the job and left everything clean and neat. We were very satisfied.

Description of Work
Installed about 26 double-paned vinyl windows. All are double hung except for a kitchen window which opens with cranks. The windows have a good warantee and Paul assured us that beyond the warantee if we had any problems he would be there and make sure everything was taken care of. We had one other estimate of $24000, though I can't say whether the windows would have been of a better quality. We had called several of his references and they all had had very positive experiences with him.

04/06/2013

Patrick D.

The time from acceptance of the estimate to the window installation was roughly 3 weeks as was discussed with us. Paul and his crew showed up on time, put down floor coverings where needed to protect the floors from traffic and cleaned up after themselves when finished. There was no sign that they did work in the house except for the new windows. The windows were caulked inside and out and trim added on the outside to blend the windows in with existing frame and siding. The doors were a week later due to the longer lead time to get the front door. Paul had no issues with any add-ons we ended up doing and priced them at a reasonable cost. The work was well organized, complete and performed to our satisfaction. I will not hesitate to use PK Windows again for work in my home. Being a Master Carpenter and seeing the results of his work, I have no doubt that Paul could perform any construction job we might hire him for.

Description of Work
PK Windows installed 13 replacement windows, a replacement slider and a new front and storm door w/side lights. One of the windows was a replacement from a double window to a single. The work involved new sheet rock and siding. All done with good quality.

Category replacement windows, doors

03/19/2013

LAUREN S.

Always got a live person on the phone. Was able to get an estimate on a Saturday. Just really good people.

Description of Work
I used PK on a couple of occasions and was very satisfied. Paul ALWAYS showed up when he said he would. He worked with his sister and/or son and did a great job with the installation and the clean-up.

12/20/2012

James B.

I definitely recommend PK to everyone who are looking to replace old drafty windows like I was

Description of Work
Replaced 16 windows. This was the best experience I ever had with house service company. I discovered this company by attending a one session class about windows. I was impressed by Paul the owner. I was right about him. He is a professional that is willing to go the extra mile to make sure you're happy with everything.He actually at another window (not part of the job) and fixed it for me at no additional charge. Everything went very smoothly

11/07/2012

Alexander M.

He was very friendly and informative. I intended to use his service, but had to put the project off.

Description of Work
He gave an estimate for windows and installation for 32 windows.

09/17/2012

Joseph S.

The estimate has been really good. The guy personally went to see the windows that we ordered. That was like really good that he would do that himself.

Description of Work
We used PK Windows LLC for a window replacement. We ordered the windows and waiting for them to come in.

07/13/2012

Kathryn L.

Window replacement: Good price and recommendation for window brand and type. Communicated well throughout process. Installed efficiently. Left home clean and tidy at the end of the day. Friendly and fun to work with. Bathroom remodel: Since we only have one bathroom, we needed to have it totally remodeled while we were on vacation for one week. Knowing Paul from his window work, we trusted him with the keys to our house. Paul guided us toward good products (tub and wall surround, ventilation system, etc.); communicated well with us at every step of the process and arranged for quality sub-contractors (electrician and plumber) to complete the project. With the help of his team, he took out 1.5 tons of tile and "mud" flooring, took the room down to the studs, replaced the floor, removed a window and still had a smile on his face when we came home. The bathroom is beautiful. It is a quality job and done for a very reasonable price. Paul is a joy to work with and we would highly recommend him and his team.

Description of Work
Paul and his team from PK windows installed 25 replacement windows in our two family home in 2010. In June of 2012 Paul and his team returned to our home and remodeled our bathroom.

Category replacement windows, home remodeling

04/20/2012

Diane S.

They came right in did the job and were done within a couple hours. They were really neat, clean left and everything exactly how they found it. When I made the appointment the owner came in with samples and walked me through the process. They ordered the windows and within two weeks they were being installed.

Description of Work
They replaced 2 windows for me.

07/28/2011

julian C.

They were on Angie's List but I did not really look at Angie's List until after the fact that I had already booked them. They were very highly rated. I met them at a home show and they were good as they knew their job. I was very happy with them. My overall experience with them was superb. I talked to a number of people at the home show and you could be really taken behind the windows. They had been doing this for years. They took me to their stall and taught about the windows. It was a small operation but they really knew as to what they were doing. They came over when they said that they were going to come over. There were four or five people and spent all day. They did a great job. They came in. The place looked like a disaster when they were working but they cleaned everything up. They did a very nice job. They had to come back because one of their people broke one of the shutters while working. They came back and put new shutters. They did not just say that they messed up but took the responsibility.

Description of Work
I have used the services of PK Windows LLC in April or May 2011 for putting new windows in my house.

Kate C.

GREAT! I can't recommend PK Windows highly enough. This is a family-owned company. No salesperson. Paul quotes the job and does the work.

Description of Work
PK Windows installed new windows in my entire house in the Fall of 2009. This time they installed four large double-hung windows and a french door in my porch. I knew I could count on Paul (and his son) to do a great job. Paul returned, at no additional charge to hang up my new blinds and to add decorative trim to the door. Next job for PKWindows= basement windows.

Kate C.

All was great! Easier to choose and get the job done that selecting the window treatments.

Description of Work
Paul and his crew, mostly family members, installed 21 new windows in my house, shortly after I purchased it. They arrived first thing in the morning and worked all day until the job was done. No mess, no fuss. Paul recommended the windows for the best value that I should go with and I have been very pleased with the look and performance. Definitely helped to keep the house warm in winter and cool in summer. Subsequently PK Windows has installed windows for both of my daughters' houses.

JAMES B.

They were on time. They were neat. They did a good job. They had ordered a wrong window, but didn’t have any problem replacing them.

Description of Work
I used the services of PK Windows LLC for window work. I last used them about six months ago for replacing three big windows.

05/08/2011

julian C.

Their services for window installation and doors replacement were professional, neat, and timely. They came on the assigned day and completed the task in one day (13 windows, 1 door, 1 slider door). We most definately would recommend them.

Description of Work
My wife and I saw them at the home show. We were in the market to replace our windows, sliding doors to the deck, and door leading in to our house. We compared their products & services to a fair number of competitors. They knew their products, many others did not.

11/06/2010

Grace W.

Cost was per quote. Am very happy with total job done.

Description of Work
Replaced all the smaller windows in our home. Added deck sliding door and full windows on each side of door.

Dicky Matos Roofing

Dicky Matos is your local construction professional that serves homeowners and businesses with exceptional customer service. With over 16 years of professional experience and expertise, you can count on Dicky Matos to complete your project on time and within the agreed upon budget. We take pride in helping customers beautify and maintain their cherished homes or place of business. We have an "Equipter" with our roofing service for "no mess roofing". You will appreciate this tool to help keep your property clean! Please don't hesitate to contact us today for a no cost or obligation consultation on your next project today. Thanks!

Highland Window & Siding Company LLC

As a multi-year Super Service Award winner, Highland Window Company LLC is a family owned and operated business with over 18 years of industry experience. Our owner, Marc Cowan, will come to your home to deliver your exact written quote in 30 minutes. NO high pressure sales tactics and NO sales people working for high commissions. It is our goal to build a relationship with our clients that will last a lifetime. What sets us apart from our competitors is our dedication to put our customers first. All of our high quality, energy star rated products are covered by a lifetime transferable warranty. Our highly trained installers work only for Highland and have been working with Highland for over 10 years. That means that every review you read on Angie’s List was installed by the same team. The same team that will carry out your installation. Angie’s List members should feel confident about hiring Highland for all window, siding and roofing needs. We guarantee that we will take the stress out of home improvement!

Action Windows & Siding LLC

Action Windows & Siding, LLC is home improvement/construction corporation organized with over 20 years in manufacturing, engineering and installing experience. Our extensive product line we have formed partnerships with over dozen of the leading manufacturers in our field. This allows us to offer an even larger selection in wood, vinyl, composite, aluminum and steel windows and doors.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Windows replacement & installation. Siding, kitchens, baths and basements.