Bartlett Brainard Products Co

Founded 1937 • With Angi since September 2007

75 Talcott Rd P. O. Box 330037

West Hartford, CT 06110

Exterior Home Contractor: Certified in Lead Safety in accordance with 40 CFR Part 745 * GAF/ELK Certified * Mastic/Alcoa Certifed * Fully licensed (CT502399) and insured (liability, workmen's comp) * Longstanding Accredited Business of the CT Better Business Bureau * Family-owned business * Award winning service - Two time winner Torch Award from Better Business Bureau...

09/25/2019

Bernard R.

They're professional, prompt and they were here when they're supposed to be. He went out of his way and he makes sure that he did the right job and makes sure the customer is happy and satisfied.

Description of Work
They did trim work on the door and they put some azek under the door.

Category doors

01/28/2016

David B.

I contacted Bartlett Brainard to get a quote on a roof tear off and replacement for my home with a single layer of Asphalt Shingles. It took a little while but they came and measured and then setup time to meet me at the house to go over the quote. I'd have rather they just emailed it to me because as soon as I saw the number I knew it was much too high. They wanted $14,500 for the work when the two other quotes I got were $10,200 and $8900. Everyone I spoke with and met with were polite and professional but that's highway robbery at that price.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate on roof tear off and replacement.

Category roofing, replacement windows

07/26/2015

Ron P.

I can't say enough good things about this family owned company: superior in every way from prompt and respectful call back's to prompt and thorough clean-up's. When a large tree fell on my home I called the office and within a half hour someone knowledgeable from the company was at my home to begin assessing damage and safety concerns. Within a few more minutes the owner herself arrived. This was a large and complex job since the tree landed and then bounced many times on my roof, splintering support beams. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't used Bartlett Brainard for my roof originally so I had them to contact. Thanks to excellent workmanship, reliability, communication - you name it- what could have been a harrowing experience went smoothly and easily. The owner helped me coordinate with the engineer, inspector, et al. and was incredibly helpful and patient with my insurance company. This time insurance covered costs. This company's work is not cheap but I have always gotten more than I paid for. I plan to go back to them for any construction needs. They are well known in my area for integrity and quality.

Description of Work
After a large tree fell on my house, there was extensive damage. Bartlett Brainard rebuilt roof supports including support beams through house down to a new cement pad in the basement and rebuilt the roof.

09/17/2014

Wesley W.

I have used Bartlett Brainard company before this job for a new roof and gutters. They did an outstanding job with those as they did with the new basement windows. They epitomize how a well run and managed business provides exemplary customer service. They have my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Replaced basement window with high efficiency sliding windows and screens

06/17/2014

Eugene E.

Company did a very good job. Following day President of company called to see how we felt about the job.

Description of Work
Replaced aluminum trim from two outer sections of garage door casings. Wrapped base of wood casing with ice and water shield.

03/24/2014

Karen W.

We met the provider at the CT Home Show. We had multiple emails and phone calls, and two onsite visits at our home. We had to initiate every correspondence. The provider failed to provide a cost estimate, and was not punctual in his responses. No follow up, no explanations.

Description of Work
No work was done. No estimate was provided.

Category replacement windows

We apologize that we made you feel that we were not responsive to your needs. Our records indicate that early in the discussions, we arrived to measure and you advised our salesman that you had already hired another firm to do some of the work discussed at the home show. Regarding your addition, we tried to respond to your requests, but the scope of the work wasn't clearly defined and we lost focus.

03/05/2014

Mary C.

The company is helpful in choosing products, answers questions patiently and is pleasant to work with you. They completed the work, made adjustments as needed and left us very satisfied.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced 2 storm doors and 2 entry doors.

Category doors

02/16/2014

Alexander H.

Timely, professional and responsive .

Description of Work
Roofing

Category roofing, replacement windows

01/18/2014

Jane R.

Installed a new basement door which required not only replacing a rotted frame but raising the threshold to control a water problem.

Category remodeling, doors

01/14/2014

Barbara J.

The consultant I spoke with was very kind and professional and answered all my questions.

Description of Work
I received an estimate for work which I did not have performed at that time. I have several estimates from other providers and am still considering them.

Category garage doors

06/22/2013

Laurie M.

Fantastic, they even pruned the tree a little bit while they were up there, fast service, taken care of a few days later, I wish I had done it sooner!

Description of Work
Took down a broken branch that was stuck in my tree from the storm, it was too high to do ourselves.

05/28/2013

Megan W.

It was a great experience, a rep for the company came out and quoted the prices and even emailed the contracts once we decieded to sign with them. It took a month for the doors and windows to come in once ordered; which is exactly what the rep said for the time line. They called and scheduled the same week. The workers showed up on time; there was one guy for each project. With the home being older and the doors testing positive for lead they had to tape off each entry door floor to ceiling with plastic. They cleaned up when finished; sweeping/dusting the floors and took all trash, the old doors and old windows with them. All the work was done in one day as promised; Very pleased with the whole process.

Description of Work
They replaced four basement windows and replaced two entry doors.

04/07/2013

Melanie T.

They were very efficient and responsive. The repair turned out great.

Description of Work
Siding repair due to storm.

09/21/2012

Linda F.

From the day I contacted Bartlett for an estimate to the day they finished installation, I could not be happier with their service. They told me it would be four weeks for the hatchway and windows to be received from the manufacturer. I explained I was having a problem with the hatchway leaking and they came and installed it the following week. The windows were in and installed before the four week estimate also. Everyone was very professional and polite. They really know what customer service is about. When I do need another project, there is no double in my mind I would call them again. Thank you all at Bartlett Brainard !

Description of Work
Bartlett Brainard Products replaced two windows for me and installed a new hatchway door.

08/25/2012

Jason J.

I feel that an unscrupulous person would have just ignored the additional work and covered up the rot. I certainly wouldn't have noticed for quite some time therefore am happy that they had the integrity to do the job correctly.

Description of Work
Our home need two repairs: 1. a portion of our gutters were not working well and that resulted in rot in the fascia 2. Also, the mounting board for the electrical meter had rotted and was allowing water to go behind it into the walls. They replaced the gutters and downspouts with larger ones, installed a rain diversion device at the valley (rain had been washing over the gutters at that point), and replaced the rotted fascia. They had an electrician shut off the power while they removed and replaced the mounting board. In doing so, they discovered additional rot and had to peel back the siding for a large area to make the repairs.

Category gutter repair, remodeling

08/17/2012

Nicole K.

We found Bartlett Brainard on Angie's List and decided to give them a call, along with a few other companies. The quote from Bartlett Brainard was $300 more than the lowest one from a big box store, but their customer service and product quality made us decide to go with them. Jim came by and gave us a quote. He answered all of our questions and called back quickly to provide pricing on a few variations of doors. The team that installed our doors were friendly and professional. They replaced some rotting wood below the door frame (due to a problem with our pavers) and addressed all our questions along the way. Overall, the new doors look beautiful and we are very satisfied. The experience with Bartlett Brainard was hassle-free and pleasant from start to finish. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed two exterior doors.

Category replacement windows, doors

08/03/2012

Arthur D.

They did an excellent job. They are gentleman came in and it was fine. There was just a misunderstanding and it was both my fault and theirs but it was settled. They were nice people

Description of Work
I used BARTLETT BRAINARD PRODUCTS for window.

05/19/2012

Charles R.

We called to ask for an estimate for some window replacement. On the day of the scheduled estimate the salesman arrived an hour early (I wasn't home) despite my calling to confirm the time earlier. I was told I would receive the estimate the following day. After a week passed, I called and asked where it was. The salesman said he like to come back out to talk about it. I asked to just have it emailed to me at that point. A few days later, I received it the mail. It was the highest of the three estimates I received and the actions of that particular salesman left me with no confidence that the job would be well done

Description of Work
An estimate for windows and doors.

Category siding, replacement windows

We apologize for our mess-up regarding your appointment time. We make every attempt to prevent this from happening; we obviously have to try harder! We also apologize for the miscommunication regarding the estimate due date. Except in emergencies, we rarely promise to reply within one day. This practice is due to the huge variation in the time needed for measuring or assessing. In your case, the item was the window in the mirror, and our salesperson wanted to get our lead carpenter’s input. In order to expedite your receiving the quote, our salesperson did personally drop off the quote to your home. It was not mailed. We hope you will give us a second chance. We do pride ourselves on our installations and how we stand behind our work. Our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau reflects our serious effort to communicate clearly and with integrity. If you haven’t had the work done, we would be happy to review the scope of work. Feel free to ask for Cathy Davis, the owner.

04/06/2012

Laurel H.

.They did a good quality job. They cleaned up after themselves and they did it in a timely manner. We were very pleased with the work and we would use them again if we need their service.

Description of Work
.We had our siding done by Bartlett Barnard Products.

01/18/2012

Muniba M.

They were very good and very and very conscious. There good at what they do. The price was expensive.

Description of Work
I did use Bartlett and they were great. We got new windows from them. we had some installed about six months ago and the rest done last month. This is a big ticket item for us.

12/19/2011

John M.

They have been around for a long time and have a good reputation. The price was higher than we anticipated so we didn't go with them. We never received some information from their representative. We didn't go ahead with the project at this time so we are still considering them.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from Bartlett Brainard Products for a project.

Category remodeling

11/05/2011

Katherine B.

Had my house resided in 2009 - Bartlett Brainard was GREAT! Excellent customer service, really made me feel like my project was important to them. A little expensive but I do feel it was worth it. Their installation team was careful and precise and the house looks great. I also had insulation blown in while the siding was off and Bartlett Brainard coordinated that with another company for me.

Description of Work
Resided my house

09/25/2011

Stephen S.

The job took a couple of weeks longer than expected--mostly due to rain, which prevented outside work--but the quality was excellent and all of Bartlett Brainard's people were consistently good to work with. A few minor problems did arise, but Bartlett Brainard was responsive to every concern we had during the course of the work. The experience was helped considerably because the on-site work people were consistently polite, friendly and a pleasure to have around.

Description of Work
Removed cedar shake siding and replace with Cedar Impressions vinyl siding on whole house (plus insulation), cover all wooden portions of windows and other trim with aluminum or vinyl cladding, replace gutters and downspouts with new gutters, spouts and leaf guards, replace front door and door from basement to outside, fabricate custom Azek entrance door surround.

Category gutter repair, insulation, siding, doors

08/17/2011

Phyllis B.

The quoting process and presentation was very professional. Was not pressured to sign on the dotted line at the time of the presention. The supplies and workmen showed up at the specified time and were extermely professional and friendly. The work was performed in a timely manner. My property was kept neat and clean. I felt the workmen always went above and beyond my expections. (and they are handsome too!)

Description of Work
This company installed a new roof, new doors, new windows & some aluminum trim.

Category garage doors, gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

08/11/2011

Susan A.

I didn't use them to get the work done. The estimate was free. The person who came out was very cordial and very friendly. We had a very pleasant conversation. In the end, I was in a rush to get the work done. They said that they would go back and prepare a formal quote. So, I ended up hiring somebody else who said that they would come out the next day. In terms of the price that Bartlett Brainard Products finally quoted was very reasonable. I probably would have used them if I had gotten a quote right then and there or if they had told me what they were going to charge me. However, the timing wasn't right. I am sure what they did was normal within the world of contractors. It took a week before I got the estimate in a mail. So, there was nothing negative about their responsiveness. I would consider using them again. I think they are a very reputable company. I was nervous because I thought that they would overcharge, but they came back with the quote and they were definitely very reasonable.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from Bartlett Brainard Products to replace a piece of fascia board in the front of my house that had rotted and to install ridge vents on my roof.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Advanced Basement Waterproofing

Advanced Basement Waterproofing specializes in complete basement sealing, moisture and mold removal and French drain installations throughout Western MA and Northern CT. Concrete and brick foundations can allow in water through cracks in the foundation that develop over time, openings in the joints or mortar areas as well as "bleeding" from pressure behind concrete surfaces. If you notice water in your basement or extreme moisture, then you have a water intrusion issue that you will want to solve as fast as possible. Moisture and water can not only cause additional damage to your foundation, it can also lead to dangerous mold issues. Advanced Basement Waterproofing can seal and protect your basement as well as remove any mold your home or business may have developed.

MDA all care services LLC

We are a commericial cleaning company that also does residential cleaning. *competitive prices* We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Frittaz LLC

Frittaz LLC is a small growing business specializing in Vinyl and laminate flooring installation. As an owner operated business, I pride myself in giving the best customer service possible. My work will speak for itself! I look forward to working with you so give me a call or click for an estimate today!

Siding, windows, doors, porch additions & enclosures, roofing, gutters & leaf protection.