Cluff Carpet One Floor & Home

Carpet Sales/Installation/Repair...

05/10/2017

Anna D.

no problems. fine finishing

Description of Work
repair padding

04/11/2016

Robert C.

please see the above

Description of Work
Installed wood flooring , that immediately started cracking and cupping. Cluff came out in October and blamed it on humidity. While they tested the floor, they also checked an unopened box of flooring and the tests showed the flooring had high moisture content which had to present when it left the factory. Dave from Cluff admitted it was a bad floor and offered a meager settlement. The carpet one sign at Cluffs facility state they will replace if the customer is not happy. I called Cluffs in April and asked what they were going to do, and received a letter from Cluff , that they were not responsible for any of the damage. I have contacted a Lawyer to institute a lawsuit against Cluffs, Carpet ONE , and Mercier Flooring.

02/19/2016

Susan L.

Description of Work
kitchen & bathrooms floor covering installed. Work was completed on day scheduled. Great customer service & floor installation

05/11/2015

Kathryn M K.

Installation was seamless! My new carpet is wonderful, cushy and soft. Part of the service is that they will move the furniture in each room as long as you pack loose/breakable items. The young man doing the installation was very nice and very professional. They put most of the furniture back exactly where I had it. Had two minor issues and they came out the same day to fix. One feature of Carpet One Guanantee that I didn't use is that if you don't love the new carpet, they will tear out the "new" carpet and put in a different carpet. The booklet has really good instructions for cleaning based on the specific stain-very helpful.

Description of Work
Cluffs removed old carpet and installed new carpet and pad in living, dining, and family rooms.

04/09/2015

Kevin F.

Working with CLuffs was absolutely wonderful. Hhowever, the particular carpet we selected was delayed at the manufacturer. Cluffs remained in contact with us and actually seemed more upset about the delay than we were. Once the carpet was delivered, an installer team (who I believe may have been subcontractors) did not align the carpet squarely. There is a very subtle grid-like pattern in the carpet, so it was pretty obvious. This is the reason I gave them a B for qualtiy and a B overall. When Cluffs cam e out to inspect (at our request) once again they seemed more distrubed than we were. Their reaction was impressive. They replaced the entire carpet and ensured that it was done right. This commitment to quality and service is why I would recommend them. This is an A company who got a B grade on this particular assignment.

Description of Work
We had a carpet an padding replaced in our family room. The carpet is just beautiful and worth the patience it took

03/19/2015

Wayne G.

Description of Work
Carpet installation. Have used them many times. Always professional product & installation at a fair price.

02/11/2015

Robert C.

05/20/2013

katherine Y.

from the beginning of my contact with Cluffs, there was a great attention to detail and a high level of professionalism. Gregory Cluff was patient and informative with my questions, and took his time accurately measuring for the installation. The office then came up with an estimate, including a and quot;Chinese menuand quot; of options, as I had not completely decided on my wants. The installation was scheduled within week of my measuring visit. The office staff was friendly and helpful when I dropped in to place a deposit and sign the paperwork. Nathan, the installer, arrived promptly and well-prepared. He worked efficiently, neatly and constantly. He was very pleasant and willing to answer any questions I had. I must state that my installation required many unusual nooks, and included wrapping the stairs and around the spindles. Nathan made it look wonderful.

Description of Work
installed carpet in Office, attached Master bedroom and walk-in closet, upstairs hall, stairs and family room.

04/04/2013

C.J. B.

THE COMPANY SENT A REP WITHIN TWO DAYS OF MY CALL, AND THE INSTALLATION HAPPENED WITHIN SIX DAYS OF MY HIRING THE COMPANY, BASED ON MY SCHEDULE. MY INSTALLER HAD TO CUT RUG FOR EACH STAIR INDIVIDUALLY. DUE TO AGE OF HOUSE THE STAIRS ARE CROOKED SO IT WAS A MORE DIFFICULT INSTALL THAN NORMAL. I WASN'T CHARGED ANYTHING EXTRA DESPITE THE INCREASED LABOR. I FOUND EVERYONE I SPOKE TO AT COMPANY FROM SALESMAN, TO CUSTOMER SERVICE, TO INSTALLER TO BE COURTEOUS, PROFESSIONAL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. *NOTE- THIS COMPANY CHARGED $250 LESS THAN LOWES QUOTED

Description of Work
NEW CARPET INSTALLED ON UPPER STAIRWAY AND LANDING.

09/27/2012

Ronald N.

Description of Work
Great rugs installed in living room and stairs to finished basement. Outstanding installation. Very professional and the two individuals workd very well together. Have had this firm install rugs and kitchen flooring in previous house for some 30 years. Great to do business with.

06/08/2012

Ken M.

They were professional and really helpful with targeting what we needed. They were willing to work with a tight timeline. Their work was good, they went a little bit above and beyond in terms of working with us to keep the cost reasonable while still doing a good job.

Description of Work
We had new carpeting put in.

05/31/2011

Denise K.

CARPET ONE CLUFFS deserves an all A rating. They were wonderful.

Description of Work
CARPET ONE CLUFFS did carpeting for us in our home.

JOHN H ROBBINS JR

We are a family-owned and operated business, serving the New London, New Haven, Fairfield and Hartford Counties for 30 years. We have a broad experience in various fields such as hardwood floor installations, repairs, custom staining, sanding and refinishing. We are insured with workers compensation, and are licensed in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York. Our team has experience working with antique flooring, reclaimed wood, custom staining, chestnut and other uncommon woods. Our team understand that just like homes, no two floors are built identically. Our extensive experience in the industry allows us to focus on your individual needs in order to meet your expectations. We take in consideration the number of rooms, shapes of rooms, types of flooring used, and types of sub-flooring used to give you an honest and accurate estimate. The owner is on every job and employees are covered by workman's comp and we have liability insurance and an additional umbrella

Lucys Hardwood Floor

DEAR CUSTOMER, Lucys hardwood floors is a family woman operated business. since 2006 we provide flooring services in CT,MA and NY. Thank you for your interest in Lucy's Hardwood Floor, LLC. We offer a wide variety of services for residential and commercial needs. With over 16 years in the business, Lucy's Hardwood Floor, LLC, has refinished, and/or installed thousands of hardwood floors. We are one of Connecticut's largest professional hardwood floor specialists . We pride ourselves on professional floor refinishing. We have a powerful vacuuming system to reduce dust. We check our equipment to make certain that the machine is balanced and in good operating condition. With our time you will find professionals to install, sanding, refinish or just re coating your floor. We install vinyl and laminate floors. Also, we offer free estimates. 203-400-7375 Lucy's Hardwood Floor, LLC We hope to see you soon. Lucy Freitas

Chris Peterson

I have 40 years of experience as a carpenter and am well rounded. I’m a very dependable quality craftsman, I pay attention to detail.

Carpet Sales/Installation/Repair