Calkins Electric LLC

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2007

Awards & Badges

All skilled traders and home improvement contractors operating in the State of Connecticut are required to be licensed or registered by the State Department of Consumer Protection. License or registration identification is required to be on all advertising, business cards, signage, and contracts. You can check to see if a contractor or tradesperson is licensed or registered by going to: https://www.elicense.ct.gov/

567 Vauxhall St Ext Unit 317

Waterford, CT 06385

6 employees. No subs. Charges by the hour. travel charges. No service fees. Extra charge for after hours services. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the service repairs that keep your lights on or keeps them from going out! Maintain your home’s convenience and comfort with service upgrades, new outlet installations, generator installations, and home rewiring. You can even have us install your home theater or surround sound systems. Is your office or production facility experiencing power failures? Let us size your generator or electrical load and install new units or gen trans systems to make sure you have enough capacity. You can even call us to make sure your shore-to-dock power is enough to keep your boat warm and well-lit when you’re aboard. Call us today to get your FREE estimate or to ask about our senior discounts. Get to Know Calkins Electric: •Residential Electrical Work – 24-hour service repairs, service upgrades, generator installations, home rewiring, new outlet installation, and more •Commercial And Industrial Electrical Work – Electrical services sizing, generator package sizing, generator and gen trans systems installation, automatic and manual transfer switches, control work and machine wiring, motor hook ups, and more Your new installations come with a two-year warranty. Our company is fully licensed and insured as well as supremely safety conscious. You can trust us to work safely in your home or business and we have over 25 years of experience. May contact through email. Additional phone - (860) 691-0446. Award winning....

Resposiveness

electrician (147)lighting (35)generator service (15)ceiling fan installation (6)handyman (6)appliance repair (5)landscape lighting (3)water heaters (2)well & water pump repair (1)

12/15/2020

They don’t work on generators but referred me to someone who does.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Generator repair

CATEGORY appliance repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2020

11/02/2020

Good work had him replace several other switch’s

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Light switchs

CATEGORY appliance repair,electrician

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/22/2020

10/21/2020

The owner Chris was fantastic and answered my calls and questions in record time, came out quickly for an estimate. Once great price was agreed on, he arrived on time with his staff to get started. This is an old house which I'm sure gave them some challenges, but they efficiently went about their business and answered all my questions, got the job done, left everything clean and made sure I was s...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Generator and transfer switch, repair lighting

CATEGORY electrician,lighting,generator service

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2020

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEW!!!!

08/07/2020

Chris and his apprentice arrived within an hour of my call. They were very professional, efficient and very kind, and made me feel safe in an upsetting situation. He made everything safe, and will be coming back to complete all that is needed. I highly recommend him, and I know I will never call anyone else!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Emergency due to lightning strike and loss of power on the 2nd and partial 3rd floor of my house.

CATEGORY appliance repair,electrician

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/07/2020

03/02/2020

He called PROMPTLY, in regard to setting up an appointment. On the day of service, they arrived on time ( a bit early even) and came in with a very friendly demeanor. The job was handled in an expedient and professional manner. I was Very pleased with every aspect of the service call. I would recommend Calkins Electric, because I will call them the next time I need this type of work done!!! THANK ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed outside double GFI electrical socket, and cover repaired / replaced. Coinciding inside electrical socket, and another one across the room repaired / replaced>

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/02/2020

08/01/2019

Excellent. Chris was very patient and thorough, he went above and beyond what I hired him for. I would hire him again in a heartbeat as well as recommend him to all my friends. I purchased a new pool pump which required a licensed electrician to place the electrical cord as well as the ground wire.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
pool pump wiring

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2019

03/07/2019

I wish I hired him to inspect my home before buying, as he was able to catch a lot of issues missed by my inspector. He quickly came to the house and fixed my dryer's faulty electrical wiring. I plan to use him again for many other projects I have planned. Very happy with his service. He even gives a military discount :)

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer wiring

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/07/2019

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEW!!

11/28/2018

I've used them for a few years. They have great quality. They are reliable, and they always call back. They are very professional in all aspects of their work. Just a pleasure to have in your home.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Delivered generator

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/27/2018

11/08/2018

Chris either answered my calls or called me back quickly. As stated in question 7 above, the work was very professionally done, showing Chris’ level of experience and attention to detail. Having noticed additional electric issues, Chris was able to make changes to make our home safer. Chris was also very nice to work with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
In our kitchen we had two sets of electric plugs which powered several appliances which made the circuit breaker switch every time we used more than one appliance. Therefore, Chris added three additional circuits to our circuit board; separated two electric plugs and connected each to each of the new circuits to spread the appliance use to each circuit. Chris added a new electric plug at our center island under the countertop. He also fixed an existing electric plug which did not work with a new one. Chris moved the location of the wall on/off switch in our living room to another electric plug so we could use the on/off switch for a better located electric plug. Chris also reconnected a couple of existing circuits to each circuit in our circuit board. Chris also identified the wrong wiring for the water heater which was out of code and could have started a fire and replaced the wire with the appropriate wire. Chris also identified, in our kitchen, the wrong connection from our wine cooler to a electric plug which was two cabinets away from the cooler which required the prior electrician to have to create two holes in the back of out cabinets for the wire to go through to get to the electric plug. This wire passed through our cabinet which we have our many cooking sheets and cutting boards. Each time we pushed these to the back of the cabinet, it pinched the wire where, in time, the wire would become frayed and eventually could start a fire. Chris put in a new electric plug right behind the cooler.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/06/2018

10/31/2018

Was never contacted. Tried calling multiple times. Nobody ever answered.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Wiring new ceiling lights.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/31/2018

Thank you for honest review but what you don’t understand is if you really called me I answer every call unless I’m talking to another customer. You can call me pretty much anytime of the day or night and my phone is answered pretty much every call

Electrical. Electrical Upgrades. Lighting. Marinas. Generator Installations.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check