M & J Roofing LLC

Founded 1986 • With Angi since May 2007

When you need a good roof over your head, call M&J Roofing. For years, people have trusted our family with the care of their roofs. It’s a trust we take very seriously, and it shows in the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees. the dedication of our employees. When you hire M&J

2022 Super Service Award

roofing (613)gutter repair (179)chimney repair (141)skylight installation (58)masonry (43)woodworking (36)handyman (7)house painting (5)

12/10/2022

Joan R.

I am 70 years old and have worked with numerous contractors over the years most were dependable and did the required repairs.With regards to M&J Contractors they are the best I have hired by far So easy to work with communication an A++ Always on time job was done exactly as agreed to in contract Nick was amazing,his friendliness,communication and commitment to his work ensuring everything was done to satisfy me as a customer.I would love to give them six stars You will not be disappointed if you hire M&J that I promise you!!

Description of Work
Roof replacement and repair leak around chimney

11/27/2022

Mohammed B.

Really well. They were very professional, helpful and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
roof

Work Completed On 11/27/2022

10/21/2022

jose M.

Very professional service. They explained everything in full detail and completed the work timely and efficiently. Very pleased with the quality of the work. I would not hesitate in hiring them again.

Description of Work
roofing

Work Completed On 10/29/2022

10/14/2022

Kaseyann A.

Great service provided. They were fast and efficient and they clean up after the completion of the Job. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 10/14/2022

10/13/2022

George C.

Best people to work with the dead real nice job clean and fast

Description of Work
Roofing

Category gutter repair, masonry, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 10/13/2022

10/05/2022

stanely B.

The removal and replacement of roof went very well. Gutters and debris screens installed. Cedar shingles repaired/replaced

Description of Work
roofing, gutters & minor carpentry

Category gutter repair, roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/16/2022

09/29/2022

Monica B.

Very happy with the new roof. Attention to detail from start to finish. Simply the best. Above and beyond what I expected.

Description of Work
Roofing

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/29/2022

09/29/2022

Barbara R.

Excellent work by Louie and crew! Very satisfied 👍❤️

Description of Work
Roofing

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/29/2022

Musa A.

Amazing job very happy with my new roof and gutters!

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

Raim O.

Excellent service very professional people will be using again

Description of Work
gutters

Work Completed On 05/18/2022

Nick Y.

Professional people and great service!

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 05/18/2022

Anthony P.

Excellent job they got here early and got the job done in a timely manner!

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 09/19/2022

04/12/2022

Moira B.

Hired M&J on three separate projects. Very responsive owner. Great crew, quality work and cleaned up yard/driveway every day. Offered several value based options. Have been very satisfies all three times.

Description of Work
Replace entire roof, skylights and gutters

Work Completed On 03/28/2022

04/04/2022

Lanie P.

M & J Roofing did our whole house roof replacement and removed 4 skylights. We were having problems with ice dams in the winter because it was an old roof with no ice and water barrier. After our new roof was installed, no more thick layers of ice this past winter. I got quotes from different companies and decided to go with M& J Roofing. Louie and his son Nick were so nice, easy to talk to and listened to my concerns. It's a family business so whenever I call they answer and come right away. The install was done as they described and was finished in 3 days as promised. The guys came early at 8am and worked very hard until after 5pm. They always cleaned up before they leave. There was a minor leak issue after the install because of a gap that resulted from having 2 layers of old shingles removed . The old siding were also rotten inside. Louis knew exactly what the problem was. He tore that small area of apart. He replaced the plywood, put ice and water barrier and finished it with Azek board. He also painted the area to match the existing siding. No more problem after that. I would definitely recommend them if you need a new roof. I am glad I trusted my instincts in choosing M & J and have no regrets.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 12/13/2021

10/19/2021

Neal C.

Nickexplained what to expect very clearly. He showed me aspects of my roof that were problematic and explained what needed to be done and why before and during the project. He said he would get the job done in two days. Despite several rain showers and a lot more wood rot than expected, the crew got the job done. Care was taken to build a beautiful chimney and cover my house with a gorgeous new roof after being sure that plywood and fascia board that had rotted under the old roof was replaced. At the end of each day, the site was left completely clean. This family company has been doing this work for several generations and it shows in the pride of workmanship.

Description of Work
Complete tear-off and chimney rebuild

Category gutter repair, masonry, roofing

Work Completed On 10/19/2021

09/11/2021

ARMAND M.

Nick and his crew did an excellent roofing job. I strongly recommend them.

Description of Work
A new roof on the house and garage

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

07/11/2021

Patricia M.

I would hire M & J in a heartbeat if I need them again! I called on Friday afternoon Louie arrived at my house within 2 hours to assess what needed to be done, he is very knowledgeable and knew right away what needed to be fixed. He was back here on Saturday less than 24 hours and repaired my roof. His work is superb!! He is professional, courteous, very helpful and kind! I can’t say enough great things about M & J!

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 07/10/2021

07/09/2021

Joanna G.

Louie and his team were amazing from start to finish. They were punctual, friendly and professional. They did an amazing job on our new roof and gutters and went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied every step of the way. We would highly recommend them for anyone looking for a new roof and gutters.

Description of Work
New food and gutters

Work Completed On 07/05/2021

Review for M & J Roofing LLC - 347 S Leonard St, Waterbury, CT - 39397898

05/10/2021

Tony M.

The new roof was installed exactly as discussed for a fair price with the bonus that Louie, Mike and the crew went above and beyond to exceed all expectations my wife Debbie and I had. There were a few unexpected surprises that popped up and the team handled them without hesitation or delay. I couldn’t be happier with the MJ Contractor team and the results. These guys pay attention to detail and do great work. Tony Mordino

Description of Work
The old roof needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 05/09/2021

Review for M & J Roofing LLC - 347 S Leonard St, Waterbury, CT - 39325263

05/08/2021

Daleila T.

OMG!!! I can't say enough great things about this company. Professional, patient, respectful of time, on-time, efficient....Just plain WONDERFUL!!!! My ceiling began to leak, fast forward, I needed a new roof. M&J came over, gave me a date and began working within a week and the roof was done in a day. But besides that, what a wonderful and professional company. Roofing companies are a dime a dozen, but a compassionate, considerate owner and operator of a company is hard to find. M&J can get my business anytime. What a Absolutely Wonderful company, with wonderful people, efficient work and just all around GREAT!!!!

Description of Work
I needed a new roof.

Work Completed On 05/08/2021

04/23/2021

Bibi R.

If you’re looking to get your roof done, use this company! Very professional and did an amazing job on my roof. Not only did the roof turn out beautiful but they cleaned up after themselves. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roof and Skylight

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 04/23/2021

04/01/2021

Ken M.

M&J Roofing is such a pleasure to work with; honest, fair, responsive and reliable. They put a new roof on our home a number of years ago (complicated job that turned out great), and recently stopped by for some quick repair work on a shed – immediate response and no charge! Couldn’t recommend them more highly!!

Description of Work
Shed roof repair

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

03/04/2021

JOSEPH P.

I contacted M and J roofing about a leak. Lous response was quick and after inspecting my roof responded with urgency. I had many roofs installed over the past several years none of which seem to work due to the pitch. The most recent roof I put on was a metal roof, which was the source of many of the problems. After Lou inspected it he told me what needed to be done and after agreeing on the contract he started immediately. They are prompt and professional and both him and his son Nick are two of the kindest human beings I ever met. They told me they'd be here at 8:00 a.m. and they were here before that, they started at 8:00 and we're done by the end of the day. Lou and Nick kept me posted each step of the way and during the removal of the metal roof they showed me what went wrong and explained why it went wrong. In short it was because of companies or people that install roofs that don't care about their work that care about ripping off unsuspecting customers. That is why in closing I will say M and J roofing should be the only and I am stressing only company anybody should want to do any work on their roof.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 02/24/2021