Arnold's Masonry and Construction LLC

Founded 1973 • With Angi since April 2013

Call us today for a free estimate! 203-808-6886 E-mail: arnoldbestmason@aol.com Since 1973, Arnold's Masonry And Construction LLC is a Family Owned and Operated business. We bring decades of experience on masonry and construction. Providing the old worlds craftsmanship to the new world projects. We are fully insured and licensed. High quality craftsmanship, reasonable rates, local references upon request. We will treat your home like it is ours and make sure we leave you 100% satisfied with our work. Our Service will exceed your expectations! We cater to any type of masonry, concrete, landscaping and asphalt work. ...

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+49 more images

Masonry Project

Masonry Project

masonry
Masonry

masonry (107)concrete repair (35)stone & gravel (26)Patios (20)chimney repair (14)decks & porches (10)foundation repair (1)hardscaping (40)lawn & landscaping (10)tile installation (6)mudjacking (4)driveway pavers (3)

09/15/2022

Susan B.

Arnold and crew were personable and efficient with beautiful results! I am super happy with results!

Description of Work
Masonry, Concrete - Pouring & Repair

Category concrete repair, masonry

Work Completed On 09/16/2022

09/08/2022

Jennifer B.

Great job. Very happy with the results. Brick stairs are over 100 years old and they did a great job of repairing the stairs with new materials while respecting the old original structure. Very quick and very nice to work with.

Description of Work
Repair very old brick stairs

Category decks, masonry

Work Completed On 09/08/2022

Thank you for your review and business

08/05/2022

Edward D.

I hired Arnold’s Masonry to replace two sets of stairs and walkways. I chose Arnold based on his large number of positive reviews and the interactions I had with him from the first phone call onward. Arnold does what he says he’s going to do, when he says he’s going to do it, and for how much he says he’s going to do it for. On top of that the work is excellent. What more could you ask for? I really appreciated that once he started the project he was there every day until it was done. He did the project in five days. If I need more masonry work in the future Arnold's is doing it.

Description of Work
Replace stairs and walkway

Category ceramic tile, masonry

Work Completed On 08/05/2022

Review for Arnold's Masonry and Construction LLC - 40 Wooster Avenue, Waterbury, CT - 39827924

07/22/2022

Rose B.

We had contacted this company and spoke with Arnold, he immediately got back to us with a quote and if they would be able to do the job. Within two weeks someone was at my house, and he was reasonable priced. I would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Landscaping - Hardscaping & Pavers

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/27/2022

Thank you for your rating review and business.

06/12/2022

Keith S.

Arnold's Masonry is incredible. They show up on time every day and work the entire time. He will send you pictures of progress if you aren't home. He's in constant communication with you throughout the project. They pay attention to details and we could not be happier with our final product!! Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
paver patio installation and stone retaing wall.

Category masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/11/2022

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your business and review.

06/08/2022

Ken C.

Both my wife and I are extremely happy with the work that Arnold, his dad, and his helper did to remove the old wall, prepare a foundation, and install a new colonial fieldstone wall. Plus, I got to keep the old stones for my own various projects! ARNOLD’S MASONRY & CONSTRUCTION LLC is an “old world” craftsmanship company who cares about the quality of the work & the details. It really shows in their final product! I would very highly recommend them for any projects!

Description of Work
stone wall

Work Completed On 06/06/2022

Review for Arnold's Masonry and Construction LLC - 40 Wooster Avenue, Waterbury, CT - 39777416

Thank you for your review and business.

05/14/2022

Nancy C.

We were very fortunate to be able to work with Arnold and our expectations were met with clear and concise communication. From the initial request through completion, he consistently sought to understand what we were trying to achieve while staying within budget. A true craftsman and a pleasure to work with!

Description of Work
Masonry

Work Completed On 05/15/2022

Review for Arnold's Masonry and Construction LLC - 40 Wooster Avenue, Waterbury, CT - 39734518

Thank you for your business and review. I appreciate your kind words.

05/10/2022

Kate T.

Great quality and professional service!

Description of Work
Stone & Gravel

Category pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 05/10/2022

Thank you for your business and review.

04/24/2022

Lisa D.

I hired Arnold’s Masonry to install a paver patio. I contracted with them based on other positive reviews and the reviews online are accurate. Very communicative and professional through process, and the patio looks excellent. I will be using them in the future for other projects.

Description of Work
paver patio installation

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/20/2022

Thank you for you business and rating review. I look forward to working with you in the future on your steps and sidewalk project.

11/15/2021

Keith L.

Arnold did a total chimney reconstruction at my home. From the very first phone call which he answered, to the last piece of staging that was removed from my property this transaction and business experience was outstanding! He, his dad, and staff are complete gentleman that smile and are a pleasure to talk to. Arnold got back to me quickly with straight intelligent answers to any question I had, and I had many. He is a very friendly and warm individual. Most of all he delivers! The chimney is gorgeous. The professionalism is over the top great. I would contact him again without hesitation for any future needs, a big sincere thank you to you Arnold! You are appreciated!

Description of Work
chimney rebuild

Work Completed On 11/15/2021

Thank you for your business, review and kind words. I appreciate it. I am happy to answer any questions at anytime to all my customers.

11/11/2021

Frank C.

Arnold talks you through the entire process and thoughtfully discussed my options and helped me save money where he could. He used high quality materials and takes his time to get the job done right. He’s meticulous about the details and I like that the people he works with genuinely seem to enjoy what they’re doing. All this gave us a great final result.

Description of Work
Walkway and steps

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 11/13/2021

Thank you for your review and business. I thrive to do the best work with best materials and work practices. Customer satisfaction is my goal at anytime, however keeping a happy crew is very important to me as well. When all happy job gets done at near perfection! Thanks again.

10/10/2021

david G.

Repair went well. Very communicative and professional

Description of Work
Chimney Repair

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

Thank you for your review and business.

10/05/2021

John M.

The job was well done, completed as expected and finished ahead of schedule. No nonsense and straight forward. He double checks to ensure you are happy with the plan and materials before proceeding.

Description of Work
steps, sidewalk belgian block edging support.

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

Thank you for your review and business. I appreciate it.

10/02/2021

john A.

Excellent very smooth painless installation I recommend Arnold's highly 5 stars! Got it done as promised! Hiring for sidewalk and landscape as available

Description of Work
paver patio installation

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/02/2021

Thank you for your business and review. I look forward to working with you again in spring.

09/15/2021

Aja D.

Arnold was amazing. He explained each step of the process and I'm pleased with the results. We had had another mason try to repair these steps and it did not go well. Arnold not only fixed it but explained how to prevent the same damage from happening again in the future.

Description of Work
concrete steps repair

Category concrete repair, masonry

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

09/14/2021

James D.

I was pleased with the work done by Arnold's Masonry and Construction. I would utilize their services again and will be recommending them on others.

Description of Work
Repaired stone sidewalks

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 09/14/2021

Thank you for your review and business. Look forward to working with you in spring again.

09/07/2021

AMY H.

I hired Arnold Masonry to find and fix a water leak in my chimney that had somehow survived two previous masons / chimney repairs, re-flashing twice, and replacing the roof. The good: * He was the only mason (of this round) who even returned my call. * He was the first to suggest that he starts by finding the leak with a garden hose. * He found the leak on the first day, and identified that the problem was a crumbling chimney cap due to inferior construction. * He replaced the chimney cap, and the leak has stopped (even through two hurricanes). * Total time: 3 days of labor, totaling about $4500. The bad: No complaints about the masonry performed, but * The leak-finding method only works if he actually sprays water into the leak. I didn't mind-- The interior stains were so bad that I didn't mind making them worse and I was pretty desperate to fix the problem-- but it makes the damage worse before it makes it better. (And you need to sign a waiver for the damage.) * He wants to be paid cash, on a daily basis. However, he does not seem to like to make predictions about how much each day will cost, so you either need to have a lot of cash on hand or run out to the bank when he finished for the day.

Description of Work
Fixed water leak in chimney

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/28/2021

Thank you for your business and detailed review. I appreciate it. I am sorry to see you have these two minor complaints. * your room was very bad stained from years of rain/snow water coming through. Because of those problems you had spend thousands of dollars and none of the Masons you hired found the leak neither did the roofing nor the flushing companies. So the good benefits of the ( leak test )overcomes “the bad” of [Member Information Removed] minutes of water coming down, while testing the chimney . I truly don’t see it a problem since you had to paint the room regardless. But, now you can paint it with worry free and most importantly free of leak! Isn’t this a relief to you ? No leak even after two hurricanes. This makes me proud to say I have nailed it. Even though I don’t like to brag about my skills. Waiver is there to protect me. You were made aware of all those things verbally and on writing before you signed agreement/waiver. * Payments: For your convenience and all our customers, we accept, cash, check, all credit/debit cards, and Venmo. As per our agreement you and I had agreed cash only at that time. I’m sorry if this was not convenient for you. I only collect 3 payments. Regardless of scope of work. Unless it’s a day or two worth of project. Your project happened to be 3 days of work. That’s why you had to pay every day. I apologize for any inconvenience. I’m happy to hear that your chimney leaks have stoped for good.

07/20/2021

Joe V.

Arnold was great. He did a great job. He did everything he said he would for the price he said it would cost. You can count on Arnold

Description of Work
Chimney Repair

Work Completed On 07/21/2021

thank you for your review.

06/28/2021

Nichole G.

We are so happy with the beautiful patio Arnold and his team built for us! Arnold was very professional and responsive from the first time we reached out to him for an initial quote through completion of the project. He was able to complete our patio ahead of schedule so that we could enjoy our new patio even earlier for the summer. He took great care of the job site and our property which we greatly appreciated. We highly recommend him and his business!

Description of Work
patio installation and belgian block

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/05/2021

Thank you for your business and review. Enjoy your new patio.

06/23/2021

Jill B.

I had a difficult time finding someone who knew how to repair my old fieldstone retaining wall. Fortunately, I contacted Arnold who assured me that he had experience repairing this type of wall. When the work was scheduled, he and his crew arrived on time and I was informed of the work that would be completed each day. The repair work on the wall was skillfully done. Not only was Arnold's work meticulous, but he left my driveway cleaner than when he and the crew arrived. I'm very pleased with all the work completed by Arnold and would recommend him for masonry work without hesitation.

Description of Work
masonry stone wall repairs, drain installation and top soil landscaping.

Work Completed On 06/27/2021

Thank you.

06/01/2021

Sarah W.

Arnold fit my project into his busy schedule and did excellent work. It is difficult to find masons who can work on stone foundations, but Arnold’s Masonry is one. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Foundation Repair, Masonry

Category masonry, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

Thank you for your review and business. I’m glad things worked out so you could list your home for sale soon.